soonerfromgeorgia
7/28/2010, 09:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5418215

Collier11
7/28/2010, 09:31 PM
alot of cfb players bein dumb this summer

Leroy Lizard
7/28/2010, 09:38 PM
An affidavit filed by an OSU police officer alleges that Johnson initially refused to let police search his apartment. A bag of marijuana was found after officers obtained a search warrant.

Either his plumbing is stopped up, or he's dumber than Dexter Manley.

And who are OSU fans blaming? The person who called the cops.

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=98599

goingoneight
7/28/2010, 10:11 PM
This broke like Sunday night...

oudavid1
7/28/2010, 11:06 PM

Stupid Pokes! Im glad Mossis got caught before something bad happened.

SoonerDomiNation
7/28/2010, 11:40 PM
And some how them dumbass puke orange bastards will blame this on us. I can see it now.... he went to norman to a party and the gooners made em do it. Its their life story.

prrriiide
7/29/2010, 03:24 AM

The police can't search without either your permission or a warrant. They can however keep you from doing anything that might destroy evidence, like keep you in the breezeway or the back of the squad car while they wait for da judge. I'll guarantee Johnson never left a cop's sight from the time they knocked on the door until the warrant arrived. LEO training, day 1, hour 1: Don't take your eyes off of a suspect until back-up arrives.

Collier11
7/29/2010, 03:33 AM
Could he not have said "go get a warrant and come back"

GKeeper316
7/29/2010, 05:04 AM
probable cause

NatureBoy
7/29/2010, 05:33 AM
Could he not have said "go get a warrant and come back"

Nope, I imagine the police already had probable cause or reasonable suspicion that he was in possession of marijuana (the umistakable odor, smoke in the room, joints in an ashtray, Johnsons's eyes/actions, ect). In that case, they have reason to detain him long enough to get the warrant signed.

Widescreen
7/29/2010, 10:36 AM
There sure are a lot of weed smokers in that thread. I doubt I've ever seen that many people defending smoking grass.

One person said that Johnson should just be warned to not do it again or else he'd be gone. Wasn't he arrested recently for DUI? I would think he already got that speech at that time.

starclassic tama
7/29/2010, 11:26 PM
There sure are a lot of weed smokers in that thread. I doubt I've ever seen that many people defending smoking grass.

well we all know who stooptroups other handle is now

Leroy Lizard
7/29/2010, 11:33 PM
The police can't search without either your permission or a warrant. They can however keep you from doing anything that might destroy evidence, like keep you in the breezeway or the back of the squad car while they wait for da judge. I'll guarantee Johnson never left a cop's sight from the time they knocked on the door until the warrant arrived. LEO training, day 1, hour 1: Don't take your eyes off of a suspect until back-up arrives.

Out of curiosity, if he managed to run back into the house, can they go in after him?

StoopTroup
7/30/2010, 06:25 AM
well we all know who stooptroups other handle is now

Why you are bringing me into this...I have no idea.

Bottomline...I've never made on troll on this board ever. I am who I said I was....always. You can put that in your pipe and smoke it until you bug out.

Mississippi Sooner
7/30/2010, 08:57 AM
I'm going to put it right on the line. There's been a lot of complaints already. Fooling around on the course, bad language, smoking grass, poor caddying. If you guys want to get fired. If you want to be replaced by golf carts, just keep it up.

badger
7/30/2010, 09:04 AM
This is the last thing that player needed after already being in [hairGel]'s doghouse.

Mississippi Sooner
7/30/2010, 09:15 AM
I guess I'm really in the dark on one particular part of a student athlete's life. Do the universities only test for performance enhancing drugs?

We hear a lot about these guys getting busted for weed, and that seems even crazier than cocaine to me if there is a testing system in place. All traces of coke will be out of a person's system within two or three days, but because pot attaches itself to fat cells, it can remain in detectable amounts in a person's system for weeks. Depending on usage and a person's metabolism, it can be longer than that.

It seems insane to risk your scholarship on weed.

SoonerPr8r
7/30/2010, 09:17 AM
Out of curiosity, if he managed to run back into the house, can they go in after him?

Yes, because running away from the police is definitely probable cause and then they get to walk in without a warrant.

badger
7/30/2010, 09:19 AM
I guess I'm really in the dark on one particular part of a student athlete's life. Do the universities only test for performance enhancing drugs?

We hear a lot about these guys getting busted for weed, and that seems even crazier than cocaine to me if there is a testing system in place. All traces of coke will be out of a person's system within two or three days, but because pot attaches itself to fat cells, it can remain in detectable amounts in a person's system for weeks. Depending on usage and a person's metabolism, it can be longer than that.

Addiction's a terrible thing.

As for the tests, I think they really cover a lot of stuff and not just performance enhancers. Not sure if I have all the details right, but a few years ago a Tennessee basketball player took a random drug test during March Madness and it turned out that he had cancer. The random test probably saved the player's life.

Shakadoodoo
7/30/2010, 09:47 AM

But you can still pass that weed test pretty easily as well. Sure-gell and cranberry juice will even work for those laboratory test. When we had "random" drug test at OU - we would just get up at around 3:00 am and drink a 12 pack - Our urine would be to diluted to test. The only time when had to worry about them making us stay until our urine was not to diluted is when the Big 8 (damn, I am showing my age) came to test - but they did not test for anything but steroids. Also - Being a wrestler - we could always use "loosing weight" as an excuse for not being able to pee anymore after we gave them a cup full of Milwaukee best. Now I am sure the process is different now but believe me - there are plenty of ways to get around it - But getting caught red handed is another thing. He is as good as gone!

As for risking your scholarship for weed - Speaking from experience - many of those kids do not understand what they have until it is to late - When you get things given to you because of your athletic ability for so long you take that stuff for granted. When I had a full scholarship I skipped class all the time - but once I had to pay for school - I did not miss a class.

badger
7/30/2010, 09:52 AM
I heard that Poke football players never answer a morning phone call to the dorm room, because if you don't answer, you don't have to get up to go to the random drug test. However, if you make the mistake of answering the little athletic department intern says "You have 30 minutes to get down here and take a random drug test or you automatically fail."

I don't remember where I read them... might have been OP.com