PDA

View Full Version : Les Miles response to the Oil Spill

stoops the eternal pimp
7/28/2010, 09:45 AM
No state has been more affected by the massive Deepwater Horizon oil spill than Louisiana, but those seeking answers may be better off asking someone other than the state's most prominent college football coach. Les Miles, who won a national championship at Louisiana State in 2008, was interviewed by 104.5 the Zone on Tuesday, and the LSU coach was asked about the overwhelming spill. SportsByBrooks transcribed the response:

"Well, it uh, the impact is more of a ... you know ... anything, anything along the ... the uh ... the ... shore and those issues are very serious issues and there ... the impact is on the ... the uh (long pause) you know, what is, the natural resource of our country, uh, but ah ... I don't know that it's, I don't know exactly, uh, to what extent it's being handled well and managed or mismanaged I have no idea.

"The only thing I know is it's very sincere and it's, it's uh, it affects more than Louisiana and it affects (muffled pause) ... the ocean."

It's not the first time that Miles has confused others. Scroll down to watch his comments on the oil spill.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/23/les-miles-oil-spill-inter_n_656989.html

gaylordfan1
7/28/2010, 10:09 AM
WOW... that quote is verbatim! I thought it had to be exaggerated a little bit. But no, it wasn't at all.

Bourbon St Sooner
7/28/2010, 10:10 AM
You know it affects the ocean and stuff.

Man, I know I would want my kid to go play for such a deep thinker.

sjt
7/28/2010, 10:36 AM
Sorry if this has been previously posted but it seems to fit this thread.

http://www.thequotablelesmiles.com

SoonerBacker
7/28/2010, 10:38 AM
You can take the aggie out of stoolwater, but you can't take the aggie out of the aggie!

yankee
7/28/2010, 10:40 AM
my sides hurt from laughing so hard.

salth2o
7/28/2010, 11:22 AM
I think he has been working with the former Ms. South Carolina on his question answering skillz.

AZSOONER
7/28/2010, 11:48 AM
Unbelieveable. Do coaches get drug tested?

ouleaf
7/28/2010, 12:05 PM
Believe me, I don't think there is a coach I hate more than Les Miles, but give the guy a break on this one.

I'll bet if you asked a bunch of other coaches a question like that on the spot, you'd come away with a lot of similarly incoherent, unprepared answers. Sure you'd have some that could speak more eloquently on the matter, which is great, but it's not their job to be up to date on stuff like this. Their job is football.

salth2o
7/28/2010, 12:10 PM
Believe me, I don't think there is a coach I hate more than Les Miles, but give the guy a break on this one.

I'll bet if you asked a bunch of other coaches a question like that on the spot, you'd come away with a lot of similarly incoherent, unprepared answers. Sure you'd have some that could speak more eloquently on the matter, which is great, but it's not their job to be up to date on stuff like this. Their job is football.

I completely disagree with you. Anybody with half a brain knows how significant the damage is/could be from the oil spill and should be able to articulate their feelings on a point or two.

He was simply asked how the oil spill is affecting them and what situation they are facing. Hey Les...how about saying something like this..."The oil spill is obviously a terrible thing for the entire Gulf Coast. This incident will affect all of us who live along the Gulf Coast. The economic and ecological impact is being and will be felt for many years to come. Our thoughts and prayers are with those who live/work/and depend on the gulf to make their living."

Does Les need a teleprompter like the POTUS?

PS...I thought of this in about two seconds.

Lout
7/28/2010, 12:27 PM
Ecological. Thoughts. This.

Aren't you giving him credit for vocabulary terms he obviously doesn't know? ; )

ouleaf
7/28/2010, 12:46 PM
Anybody with half a brain knows how significant the damage is/could be from the oil spill and should be able to articulate their feelings on a point or two.

My contention is that Les does have half a brain, and that half is occupied for football, not the oil spill.

salth2o
7/28/2010, 12:54 PM
My contention is that Les does have half a brain, and that half is occupied for football, not the oil spill.

touche

delhalew
7/28/2010, 01:21 PM

Are we sure the half he has at his disposal is focused on football and not...I don't know...oatmeal.

OU-HSV
7/28/2010, 06:34 PM
Good stuff...gee thanks Lester for filling us in

Crucifax Autumn
7/28/2010, 07:56 PM
What an idjit.

BoonesFarmSooner
7/29/2010, 09:20 AM
Les is nowhere near as attractive as the South Carolina beauty queen.

Such as The Iraq and ocean

picasso
7/29/2010, 09:26 AM
This is not what we wanted!

FranklinTN_SoonerFan
7/29/2010, 10:38 AM
That came from a Nashville station. Soooo funny! Check out the station's remix of Les's answer with Miss South Carolina!!

http://1045thezone.com/FlashPlayer/default.asp?SPID=36333&ID=1890644