PDA

View Full Version : Jaz Reynolds

oudavid1
7/28/2010, 03:55 AM
Besides having one of the cooler names on the team, what are your expectations for this SO Wide Out from Houston, Texas?

OU_Sooners75
7/28/2010, 08:04 AM
I expect him to improve on last season and continue to get better.

gaylordfan1
7/28/2010, 08:26 AM
I have the same thoughts of him as I do with Miller. He needs more yards after the catch. He came in as a Fresh last year and played pretty well. Made some good grabs against Stanford. This year we need WR's that can run clean routes and be able to get behind the secondary. Again, its hard to remember exact plays, but like Miller he seemed to go down right after a catch or get tackled right after the catch. A years experience can change all of that with a little confidence.

IronHorseSooner
7/28/2010, 09:46 AM
He admitted that he needed to put on some muscle to handle the more physical game at this level, which he did, and his goal was to add 5 lbs more of muscle before the beginning of the season to get to 200 lbs. He has the size, speed, and hands to be really effective, and he knows that he is getting pushed by Frosh like Stills and McCay, and veterans like Caleb and Kenney for that starting WR position. I think he will improve from last year.

gaylordfan1
7/28/2010, 10:05 AM
I think all the WR's will improve this season. Last year we didn't have the luxury of having a strong group of in-coming freshmen WR's like we do this year. It will def make them step it up a notch.

htownsooner7
7/28/2010, 10:37 AM
For whatever reason, I'm not that impressed with him and don't see him being a first tier guy for this team. I expect Broyles, Miller, Stills, and Caleb to have the most catches.

Crucifax Autumn
7/28/2010, 01:08 PM
Honestly I don't care if he never gets a single YAC as long as he can catch the damned ball this year.

goingoneight
7/28/2010, 02:47 PM
Yeah, YAC is kind of an added bonus. Teams with any hint of speed can tackle anybody. It's just a matter of finding the crease and making the play that matters. If Miller can run anything beyond 5 yards and MAKE THE CATCH, he'll be ahead of Tennell and Caleb as outside guy a year ago.

Curly Bill
7/28/2010, 03:46 PM
Expectations = Not a lot.

I haven't seen anything yet to warrant any expectations from him, but then that's most of our receivers.

* Not to say he won't be tremendous, I just haven't seen anything to make me think that'll be the case.

oudavid1
7/28/2010, 05:48 PM
Not to say he won't be tremendous, I just haven't seen anything to make me think that'll be the case.

I can understand this.

but he is my pick to be the 2nd best WR this year.

gaylordfan1
7/29/2010, 10:16 PM
When was the last time we had more than one true freshman getting significant snaps at WR? Has anyone heard how Stills and McCay are doing?

rawlingsHOH
7/29/2010, 10:57 PM
When was the last time we had more than one true freshman getting significant snaps at WR? Has anyone heard how Stills and McCay are doing?
2005, Kelly, Iglesias, Johnson.

MojoRisen
7/30/2010, 08:43 AM
Stills looks great! I heard McCay was a beast in 7-on7.

goingoneight
7/30/2010, 09:13 AM
Expectations = Not a lot.

I haven't seen anything yet to warrant any expectations from him, but then that's most of our receivers.

* Not to say he won't be tremendous, I just haven't seen anything to make me think that'll be the case.

True. My expectation isn't exactly a number, but that he started coming on late last year. He needs to take that momentum and run with it the way Malcom Kelly did from 2005 to 2006.