PDA

View Full Version : There is a new largest Mountain...Mt. Cody

ouleaf
7/27/2010, 05:25 PM
What were the Vegas odds that this guy would show up to camp overweight and out of shape???

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ar.zYVYOCezFlOq3lmG5T23SrYZ4?slug=ap-ravens-cody

WESTMINSTER, Md. (AP)—Baltimore Ravens second-round draft pick Terrence Cody(notes) failed his conditioning test Tuesday and was not permitted to participate in the team’s first training camp practice.

The 360-pound defensive tackle out of Alabama signed a three-year contract Monday and arrived at McDaniel College eager to launch his NFL career. But after flunking his physical, he was placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list (PUP).

“Part of our process is everybody’s got to pass the conditioning test to be sure they’re ready to compete,” coach John Harbaugh said after Tuesday’s practice. “It’s going to be hot out here, our practices are fast. We’ve got to be sure guys are physically ready to practice at the pace we’re practicing at.

“So, when he passes the conditioning test, he’ll practice.”

Years ago, Cody weighed over 400 pounds. After falling to the second round on draft day, he said, “I felt it was my weight and stuff that dropped me to this late.”

And now, his NFL career will get off to a late start.

“I’m not surprised. Every year certain guys struggle with that,” Harbaugh said. “Guys learn there’s a certain level of expectation in terms of conditioning that goes with being an NFL player, especially for this team. So he’s going to have to get himself in the type of shape he needs to be in.”

Cody was drafted 57th overall by the Ravens. Baltimore’s other second-round pick, linebacker Sergio Kindle(notes) of Texas, fractured his skull while falling down a flight of stairs last week and will probably miss the entire camp.