7/27/2010, 10:44 AM
That makes two state school arrests in two days. We're on a roll. :mad:

Chiliman
7/27/2010, 10:49 AM
Isn't that a pic of Gresham?

Boomer.....
7/27/2010, 10:59 AM
#17, #18. Who's counting?

Not good for Mossis. He was already getting pretty limited plays.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/27/2010, 11:03 AM
Hmmm... wonder what his punishment will be? Bad bad news. There is no excuse for that though.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/27/2010, 11:03 AM
oh well..

Boomer.....
7/27/2010, 11:06 AM
On a Monday night, no less.

badger
7/27/2010, 11:10 AM
Isn't that a pic of Gresham?

Yes. They should remove that. :mad:

My guess is that the punishment by Stoops will be to the extend that he never wants to drink alcohol ever again.

And... the punishment by law will be such that big 12 rivals will cast their judgmental eyes our way like always, tsk tsking and, pointing their pointy fingers and tapping their heels about how our program lack discipline, lacks character but gawd damitol, does not lack wins and/or championships like our program! Fairweather fan cheatin' gooners!

Learn from your mistake Madu... and take ownership of it.

olevetonahill
7/27/2010, 11:13 AM
They could file that as Aggravated DUI and be a lot harder on him .

2 drinks must have been some dayum Big ones :eek:

TexasLidig8r
7/27/2010, 11:14 AM
Yes. They should remove that. :mad:

My guess is that the punishment by Stoops will be to the extend that he never wants to drink alcohol ever again.

And... the punishment by law will be such that big 12 rivals will cast their judgmental eyes our way like always, tsk tsking and, pointing their pointy fingers and tapping their heels about how our program lack discipline, lacks character but gawd damitol, does not lack wins and/or championships like our program! Fairweather fan cheatin' gooners!

Learn from your mistake Madu... and take ownership of it.

Did he run into an apartment building? ;)

.19 is pretty toasted though.. at least for old farts like me.

sooneron
7/27/2010, 11:14 AM
.19 = vet just getting warmed up!

stoops the eternal pimp
7/27/2010, 11:15 AM
thats a lot of schlitz malt liquor

TexasLidig8r
7/27/2010, 11:16 AM

Holy Shrikees.. Vet and I remarking on the .19 at about the same time.

Cats and dogs living together?

olevetonahill
7/27/2010, 11:17 AM
.19 = vet just getting warmed up!

Yea But I got my Mind right now

I ainta even gonna look at a vehicle if i been drankin :O

sooneron
7/27/2010, 11:20 AM
Yea But I got my Mind right now

I ainta even gonna look at a vehicle if i been drankin :O

tru dat!

badger
7/27/2010, 11:20 AM
I just read the affidavit - "left of center." Where have we heard that before? :eddie:

Seriously though, Madu apparently gave the officer an OU student ID card when asked for his license/registration.

How embarrassing :(

Sooner in Tampa
7/27/2010, 11:22 AM
Dumb *** mistake...no excuse for this type of behavior

KantoSooner
7/27/2010, 11:24 AM

I'd guess he had used my patented technique of 'rehydrating with alcohol' after working out. Not recommended if one intends on walking, speaking or driving in the immediate future.

Chiliman
7/27/2010, 11:26 AM
thats a lot of schlitz malt liquor

The Bull!

1890MilesToNorman
7/27/2010, 11:27 AM

I did more than 30 years ago. :O

olevetonahill
7/27/2010, 11:31 AM
I did more than 30 years ago. :O

Ive ran OUT the back door of a few when the Husband were coming in the front :eek:

1890MilesToNorman
7/27/2010, 11:33 AM
Ive ran OUT the back door of a few when the Husband were coming in the front :eek:

Yer confusin driven with driven? :eek:

What???

badger
7/27/2010, 11:33 AM
Looks like the story is now making media rounds elsewhere, including here (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100727_92_0_Oklaho808611)

:(

delhalew
7/27/2010, 11:35 AM
Well...for those who were anxious to see more of the young guys, that will do it.

BillyBall
7/27/2010, 11:35 AM
Looks like the story is now making media rounds elsewhere, including here (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100727_92_0_Oklaho808611)

:(

At least they are using a picture of him in this article.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/27/2010, 11:37 AM
Well...for those who were anxious to see more of the young guys, that will do it.

I don't think they were gonna count on him much more this year than in the past, so I don't think this changes any on the field stuff

TheHumanAlphabet
7/27/2010, 11:38 AM
At least he is over 21 y.o....

OK2U
7/27/2010, 11:45 AM
What's the over/under on how many games he'll be suspended?

HBick
7/27/2010, 11:47 AM
I would think he's done for the season. History has shown he doesn't take things like this lightly and punishes them hard to set an example.

Or maybe I'm wrong. But at least we have a bunch of RB's.

badger
7/27/2010, 11:51 AM
I would think he's done for the season. History has shown he doesn't take things like this lightly and punishes them hard to set an example.

He hasn't been a RB for awhile, right? Isn't he still a WR?

In any event, as the REAL Coach Gundy says, "we'll win with or without you."

delhalew
7/27/2010, 11:58 AM
I don't think they were gonna count on him much more this year than in the past, so I don't think this changes any on the field stuff

Your right. We weren't going to lean on him. However, I would have said he would get SOME carries, now I would say he gets NONE. That is different.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/27/2010, 12:00 PM
i would guess probability of him being on the team is about 75-80 percent right now anyway

rawlingsHOH
7/27/2010, 12:17 PM
Who?

PalmBeachSooner
7/27/2010, 12:18 PM
Does that mean he won't be at the fan appreciation day next week?

Dio
7/27/2010, 01:04 PM
Does that mean he won't be at the fan appreciation day next week?

Prolly not, but I'm sure he'll be at the after-party. ;)

HBick
7/27/2010, 01:07 PM
I thought he got moved back to RB after Brown left? Anyone know for sure on this?

oudavid1
7/27/2010, 01:19 PM
I heard that Bob has already talked with him and they are just gonna let it blow over, also they dont wanna get rid of him because hes "a great kid". Thats all i can give right now.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/27/2010, 01:26 PM
I thought he got moved back to RB after Brown left? Anyone know for sure on this?

Does it really matter at this point?!?

Lott's Bandana
7/27/2010, 02:09 PM
Prolly not, but I'm sure he'll be at the after-party. ;)

Ok....I laughed.

Serge Ibaka
7/27/2010, 02:15 PM
I just read the affidavit - "left of center." Where have we heard that before? :eddie:

Seriously though, Madu apparently gave the officer an OU student ID card when asked for his license/registration.

How embarrassing :(

This means: "Hi, I'm Mossis Madu, and I play football for the University of Oklahoma. Can I go home now?"

It was worth a try, right?

Collier11
7/27/2010, 02:19 PM

.19 is pretty toasted though.. at least for old farts like me.

I was about to say, he didnt run thru a building or fall down two flights of stairs but anyway, this is why I dont make too much fun of other schools for getting in trouble. We all have our idiots

TheHumanAlphabet
7/27/2010, 02:20 PM
Hey, anything is worth a try as long as it isn't illegal...

Hell illegals try that every day...Here is my messican get out of jail free and drive all I want card.

Collier11
7/27/2010, 02:21 PM

1-3 games, I dont think Stoops or any coach has ever suspended a player for too long because of a DUI unless he has multiples?

TheHumanAlphabet
7/27/2010, 02:21 PM
I was about to say, he didnt run thru a building or fall down two flights of stairs but anyway, this is why I dont make too much fun of other schools for getting in trouble. We all have our idiots

I read that, How the hell do you fall down 2 flights of stairs?? Now you're on the PUP list???

Collier11
7/27/2010, 02:22 PM
Well, im not stating anything as fact but "Rumor" has it that he was out that night partaking and then went back to a buddies place. Again, NOT SAYING ITS TRUE, just what ive heard

goingoneight
7/27/2010, 02:33 PM
I don't condone it, but I certainly don't think any less of a program for one player's DUI. Not when I see several drunk people stumble out of a bar all the time. Can't play dumb as far as fans go. Like 9/10 college people have drank before and the vast majority of them have hopped in the car thinking they're fine. Some are, some aren't.
Hell, I know more than one person who's been jailed, placed on probation and had the little breathalizer thing in their car and they still offer to be the so-called "DD" aka "person who has the least shet in their car and will supposedly take it easy."

rawlingsHOH
7/27/2010, 02:43 PM

I think the precedent has been set at one game.

Leroy Lizard
7/27/2010, 02:53 PM
Two games is what he'll probably get, far lower than he deserves imo.

Collier11
7/27/2010, 02:57 PM
What should he get Leroy? He screwed up, he will pay his dues with his fine, losing his license, etc... He didnt hurt anyone luckily and in this country you follow the laws of the land.

By all accounts he is a great guy, he screwed up, he will serve his time and pay his dues and then it is done with

delhalew
7/27/2010, 03:08 PM
A DUI is a pretty ****ty thing to go through. Hopefully, he learns a valuable life lesson.
I am just thankful I am not judged by the stupid **** I pulled at his age...and a little older if I'm honest.

Leroy Lizard
7/27/2010, 03:17 PM
What should he get Leroy? He screwed up, he will pay his dues with his fine, losing his license, etc... He didnt hurt anyone luckily and in this country you follow the laws of the land.

By that logic he shouldn't face any punishment from the team at all.

We punish players for a reason. What is that reason?

To keep them from doing it again? (Deterrent?) One-game isn't going to do much there.

To set an example? One-game isn't going to do much there either. (A one-game suspension certainly wouldn't scare me if I was an OU player.)

As a means of justice? We let the legal system take care of that.

I just find it odd that we make fun of other coaches that give out lenient one-game suspensions. We chastised Urban Meyer for it. We constantly ride Mack for it. But when it's one of our own players, we bend over backwards to explain why a one-game suspension is perfectly appropriate.

I don't know what is appropriate, but I would suspend him at least through the Texas game. And he can't ride with the team either.

Collier11
7/27/2010, 03:18 PM
NO im saying what else should he get, he will serve a 1 or 2 game suspension, he will pay his fines and lose his license, what else do you want from the guy?

The football punishment isnt about him doing it again, the football punishment is about not staying out of trouble and bringing bad light on the university, the punishment the judge gives him is what is to deter him from doing it again

And if you see my posts from past and present I criticize people for dogging other schools cus every school has people who screw up

badger
7/27/2010, 03:22 PM
Good ol' Kenny Mossman comments - says Madu's status on the team is unchanged and that discipline will be internal. Surprise!

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100727_92_0_Oklaho808611)

Collier11
7/27/2010, 03:24 PM
What do you expect? These things are handled internally unless it is a repeat issue

soonerborn30
7/27/2010, 03:27 PM

To keep them from doing it again? (Deterrent?) One-game isn't going to do much there.

To set an example? One-game isn't going to do much there either. (A one-game suspension certainly wouldn't scare me if I was an OU player.)

I just find it odd that we make fun of other coaches that give out lenient one-game suspensions. We chastised Urban Meyer for it. We constantly ride Mack for it. But when it's one of our own players, we bend over backwards to explain why a one-game suspension is perfectly appropriate.

I don't know what is appropriate, but I would suspend him at least through the Texas game. And he can't ride with the team either.

I don't think the players drive the buses, Leroy. :D

I don't really think much of a deterrent exists for these kids. Not just OU kids, but college kids in general. As has been said already, everybody either knows somebody that's gone through it, or has gone through it themselves. Has that stopped them from potentially making the same mistake (A.K.A. drinking and driving themselves)? No. Plenty of players have been suspended for it in the past, hell DD even got kicked off the team for a year. If that didn't serve as a deterrent, nothing will in my mind.

I think you let the law do what they're going to do to him, suspend him for at least one meaningful game, and see if he's learned his lesson. If he hasn't, and he keeps up the stupidity, then you toss him.

I've actually spoken with Madu in the past, and he's a nice kid. Very much "yes sir, no sir". I think he'll learn.

rawlingsHOH
7/27/2010, 03:28 PM

That's what they all have been given in the past, one game.

Maybe Stoops feels like upping in 2010. But as I said, precedent set.

Leroy Lizard
7/27/2010, 03:33 PM
I don't think the players drive the buses, Leroy. :D

I don't really think much of a deterrent exists for these kids. Not just OU kids, but college kids in general. As has been said already, everybody either knows somebody that's gone through it, or has gone through it themselves. Has that stopped them from potentially making the same mistake (A.K.A. drinking and driving themselves)? No. Plenty of players have been suspended for it in the past, hell DD even got kicked off the team for a year. If that didn't serve as a deterrent, nothing will in my mind.

I think you let the law do what they're going to do to him, suspend him for at least one meaningful game, and see if he's learned his lesson. If he hasn't, and he keeps up the stupidity, then you toss him.

I've actually spoken with Madu in the past, and he's a nice kid. Very much "yes sir, no sir". I think he'll learn.

I think everyone knows I'm pretty harsh when it comes to player's off-the-field legal problems. (On the other hand, I am quite forgiving of players' on-the-field mistakes.)

I think DD got kicked off for more than a DUI.

Collier11
7/27/2010, 03:37 PM
So if a kid gets a DUI who isnt an athlete should they get suspended from a semester of school? If you think they need a harsher punishment for athletes then should there be one for basic students?

Leroy Lizard
7/27/2010, 03:42 PM
So if a kid gets a DUI who isnt an athlete should they get suspended from a semester of school? If you think they need a harsher punishment for athletes then should there be one for basic students?

Nope.

And again, all you have to do is think about this for just a moment and you will see why.

Collier11
7/27/2010, 03:45 PM
what if they are on work study or an academic scholly?

soonerborn30
7/27/2010, 03:45 PM

This is where you start talking about how the football players are more than "just students". They represent the team, the university, and sadly enough, the entire state in some cases. I think the punishment should be more severe than for a regular kid.

Collier11
7/27/2010, 03:48 PM
Im not comparing the two, just wondering Leroys thoughts on it.

I think anyone who gets a DUI should get 2 games minimum depending on the severity but I Think 3 or more is getting a bit extreme

Leroy Lizard
7/27/2010, 04:10 PM
what if they are on work study or an academic scholly?

Work study can mean different things, so that would need clarification.

If you're saying that a person on an academic scholarship shouldn't be punished for violations of the law, and that academic scholarships should be treated the same as athletic scholarships, then you are saying that Stoops shouldn't be allowed to punish at all.

And that is a position that can be defended. I'm just not sure it is palatable to the public. When a player murders someone, we expect the coach to do something about it even if the law will eventually.

Collier11
7/27/2010, 04:11 PM
No im not saying anything, im merely asking your opinion?

and dont be so silly as to compare a DUI to murder

meoveryouxinfinity
7/27/2010, 04:16 PM
Sucks for Madu. He might only get a 1 game suspension, but Stoops will feel far less sorry for him when he's on the sidelines watching Miller, Calhoun, and Clay or whomever score TDs.

Leroy Lizard
7/27/2010, 04:31 PM
No im not saying anything, im merely asking your opinion?

and dont be so silly as to compare a DUI to murder

Once you establish that punishment lies outside the domain of the athletic department, murder becomes the same as DUI as far as the university is concerned. Consider the NCAA's sanctions against athletes for committing murder: there are none.

As for my opinion, I think athletic scholarships represent a unique privilege and have little in common with academic scholarships.

achiro
7/27/2010, 04:34 PM
I'm curious if any of you guys calling him an idiot or otherwise slamming him have ever gotten behind the wheel after having a few drinks? I have not but there is no doubt in my mind that a few of you have. I'm not condoning DUI at all but I also know that a whole lot of people do it and never get caught.
That said, I trust the coaching staff to do what they think it right in each situation. (As long as it doesn't cost us a win ;) )

Collier11
7/27/2010, 04:38 PM
Once you establish that punishment lies outside the domain of the athletic department, murder becomes the same as DUI as far as the university is concerned. Consider the NCAA's sanctions against athletes for committing murder: there are none.

As for my opinion, I think athletic scholarships represent a unique privilege and have little in common with academic scholarships.

This is where you have misread what I have written. Im not saying he shouldnt be punished outside of the court of law, im saying that his punishment for the DUI is done when he serves his time in the court of laws eyes. Any punishment Stoops or any other coach would give him isnt for the DUI IMHO, it is for the act of giving the university a black eye and making bad decisions

oudavid1
7/27/2010, 04:50 PM
Any punishment Stoops or any other coach would give him isnt for the DUI IMHO, it is for the act of giving the university a black eye and making bad decisions

Completely agree!

oudavid1
7/27/2010, 04:51 PM
But also to say that the law will give the "best" punishment is unfounded, if Stoops wants to punish him more (IMO) hes earned it. But im sure Madu is a good kid.

Collier11
7/27/2010, 04:52 PM
we all know that isnt always true

Leroy Lizard
7/27/2010, 05:19 PM
This is where you have misread what I have written. Im not saying he shouldnt be punished outside of the court of law, im saying that his punishment for the DUI is done when he serves his time in the court of laws eyes. Any punishment Stoops or any other coach would give him isnt for the DUI IMHO, it is for the act of giving the university a black eye and making bad decisions

I understand. I just don't see how the whole issue of work study factored into this.

Collier11
7/27/2010, 05:20 PM
it was another example of a school funded education

TexasLidig8r
7/27/2010, 05:23 PM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/wda0353l.jpg

Collier11
7/27/2010, 05:24 PM
Dont lump me in there horn :D

goingoneight
7/27/2010, 05:45 PM
He should have to carry Murray's pads to the locker room, since obviously that's humiliating and torturous.

Leroy Lizard
7/27/2010, 06:01 PM
He should have to carry Murray's pads to the locker room, since obviously that's humiliating and torturous.

Did Murray have to do it in the past? After all...

Theskipster
7/27/2010, 06:28 PM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/wda0353l.jpg

Texas has 19 all time Fulmer cup points and OU has 12. With most of those for OU coming from not paying seat belt fines or peeing outside. And OU players don't have their own personal lawyer, Brian Roark, on full retainer they can call at 3 in the morning and a $1 case fee.

Leroy Lizard
7/27/2010, 06:29 PM
Texas has 19 all time Fulmer cup points and OU has 12. With most of those for OU coming from not paying seat belt fines or peeing outside. And OU players don't have their own personal lawyer, Brian Roark, on full retainer they can call at 3 in the morning and a $1 case fee.

And what was one of the infractions committed by UT in the 1980s that landed them on probation? Bailing players out of jail.

tulsaoilerfan
7/27/2010, 07:13 PM
He's lucky he isn't employed with my company; a DUI is an automatic job loss unless you can get the charges completely dropped

Leroy Lizard
7/27/2010, 07:26 PM
He's lucky he isn't employed with my company; a DUI is an automatic job loss unless you can get the charges completely dropped

Sure, but the public needs to know if the guy driving the choo-choo train at the mall is inebriated.

SoonerLB
7/27/2010, 08:39 PM
How 'bout we just let Bob handle this and go with his decision.

CrimsonCommando
7/27/2010, 09:06 PM
Everybody knows Alcohol is what caused Mathew
McConahGay to dance around naked and play the bongos. That should be a lesson for us all. It's not like Mosis got drunk and went all Dusty Dvorachek on somebody. I drinking right now, but do you see me playing bongos?? No!!!!

Jk

soonerloyal
7/27/2010, 10:47 PM
I know this young man, have for years. He's a very good, kind, smart, sweet, heart of gold guy. But I have no patience with anyone getting behind the wheel of a vehicle when they are impaired in the slightest. I am pissed. He knows better. I know he'd be absolutely off the scale if his little girl was endangered, hurt, paralyzed, brain-damaged or killed by someone being so stupid. He could have done any of that to others or himself as well. But that's what he could have caused. And that's putting aside the lesser evils of bringing shame and embarrassment onto his school, team; endangering his future and education, his freedom and his ability to be there for his baby and all who love him. And I'm going to tell him so.

I hope Stoops helps him realize this by making the punishment a hard and just one. And I hope Stoops appeals to Junior's fatherhood and responsibilities when he does. Dammitalltohell.

Dammit, Junior, YOU KNOW AND ARE BETTER. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Leroy Lizard
7/27/2010, 11:38 PM
I hope Stoops helps him realize this by making the punishment a hard and just one.

= one-game suspension. (That's what I got my money on.)

Breadburner
7/27/2010, 11:44 PM
Was he driving a school bus....

oudavid1
7/28/2010, 03:41 AM
Hopefully this is the last of this crap for awhile

olevetonahill
7/28/2010, 03:51 AM
I know this young man, have for years. He's a very good, kind, smart, sweet, heart of gold guy. But I have no patience with anyone getting behind the wheel of a vehicle when they are impaired in the slightest. I am pissed. He knows better. I know he'd be absolutely off the scale if his little girl was endangered, hurt, paralyzed, brain-damaged or killed by someone being so stupid. He could have done any of that to others or himself as well. But that's what he could have caused. And that's putting aside the lesser evils of bringing shame and embarrassment onto his school, team; endangering his future and education, his freedom and his ability to be there for his baby and all who love him. And I'm going to tell him so.

I hope Stoops helps him realize this by making the punishment a hard and just one. And I hope Stoops appeals to Junior's fatherhood and responsibilities when he does. Dammitalltohell.

Dammit, Junior, YOU KNOW AND ARE BETTER. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Girlfriend, I have ****ed up that way also .4 times :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad:
I learned my lesson but Im old and was hard headed
I to hope He gets his **** together

But as has been said
If ya Drink Ya have gotten behind the wheel when you shouldn't have :pop:

Ive made up my mind that when the Beer gets drank some one else is drivin ;)

oudavid1
7/28/2010, 03:53 AM
I know he'd be absolutely off the scale if his little girl was endangered

I didnt know that he had kin....

olevetonahill
7/28/2010, 03:58 AM
I didnt know that he had kin....

Dumas , Every one has Kin ;)

oudavid1
7/28/2010, 04:03 AM
Dumas , Every one has Kin ;)

Wait, dosnt that mean kids? or is it family?

olevetonahill
7/28/2010, 04:12 AM
Wait, dosnt that mean kids? or is it family?

Family ;) Cousins , Aunts, Uncles, Brothers, Sisters
hell even some of them from 2nd marriages :eek:

olevetonahill
7/28/2010, 04:14 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kin

yankee
7/28/2010, 04:29 AM
doncha know, madu is a test tube baby! he has no kin...

OU_Sooners75
7/28/2010, 07:59 AM
Did Murray have to do it in the past? After all...

Yeah, I am pretty sure Murray had to carry is pads in more than once. :D

MojoRisen
7/28/2010, 08:24 AM
People make mistakes, the punishment nowadays is pretty steep he'll regret it. He should have a one game suspension and an opportunity to redeem himself.

MeMyself&Me
7/28/2010, 08:28 AM

It's a CAREER killer for me.

texaspokieokie
7/28/2010, 08:29 AM
me too !!! i'm a bus driver.

MeMyself&Me
7/28/2010, 08:38 AM
This means: "Hi, I'm Mossis Madu, and I play football for the University of Oklahoma. Can I go home now?"

It was worth a try, right?

Just in following stories over the last decade or so, it doesn't sound like the Norman PD gives OU players any leniency. If anything, they're harder on them. Probably actually hurt his chances.

Now, in Austin on the other hand...

gaylordfan1
7/28/2010, 08:40 AM
Well, unfortunately I think it really hurt his chances getting any meaningful snaps this year. I don't know him personally but I have heard he is a stand up guy. I felt the coaches did all they could to get him on the field whether it was changing his position to give him the best opportunity or by placing him on ST to see what he can do. I feel they did all of this because of how good of a kid he was and his loyalty to the college. His DUI doesn't change how I feel about him. He is still a good kid. A DUI doesn't change that. But, I doubt the coaches will choose him over a freshman now because of his seniority esp if they are equally as talented. I just think this just put the nail in the coffin for him. But who's to say he won't have a breakout season? It will only hinder him.

gaylordfan1
7/28/2010, 08:43 AM
I forgot to mention that he really hasn't produced for us other than in the Big XII against Mizzou. He has had plenty of opportunity to showcase himself. I just don't remember anything big that he has done.

Position Limit
7/28/2010, 09:59 AM

why would a DUI be an automatic job loss?

gaylordfan1
7/28/2010, 10:01 AM
why would a DUI be an automatic job loss?

It would be for people that have jobs requiring a DL/CDL...

soonerborn30
7/28/2010, 10:02 AM
Either that, or a high ranking official of MADD

gaylordfan1
7/28/2010, 10:03 AM
Unless you fall through the cracks, one of the punishments for a DUI is a suspended DL.

HBick
7/28/2010, 10:57 AM
Don't know if this has been posted, and I'm not combing through 4 pages of it either.

Heard from a fairly reliable source last night that he won't be suspended but will be running stadiums for a long time. I took this with a grain of salt but he explained some of the previous issues like this under Bob and how they have been handled. So we'll see.

47straight
7/28/2010, 02:03 PM
Coach Mack Brown explained away the incident by pointing out that the young man has narcolepsy.

49r
7/28/2010, 02:22 PM
http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2010/7/28/1592658/fulmer-cupdate-oklahoma-running

Leroy Lizard
7/28/2010, 04:01 PM
Coach Mack Brown explained away the incident by pointing out that the young man has narcolepsy.

As a university employee, Mack had better be careful what he says.

47straight
7/28/2010, 04:12 PM
As a university employee, Mack had better be careful what he says.

Good point. I thought that all that was allegedly protected by HIPA, which Texas has used to answer injury questions in the past.

47straight
7/28/2010, 04:13 PM
Despite the narcolepsy problem, Madu needs to be suspended for multiple games, if the facts are true. He blew twice the legal limit.

Leroy Lizard
7/28/2010, 04:45 PM
Good point. I thought that all that was allegedly protected by HIPA, which Texas has used to answer injury questions in the past.

(deleted)

Leroy Lizard
7/28/2010, 04:46 PM
Despite the narcolepsy problem, Madu needs to be suspended for multiple games, if the facts are true.

:confused:

oudavid1
7/28/2010, 05:46 PM
(expletive)

soonerboomer93
7/28/2010, 11:07 PM

I wouldn't be suprised if scholarship athletes didn't have to sign a waiver granting the university full access to their medical records as part of the scholarship

47straight
7/29/2010, 12:51 AM
:confused:

<using the Sergio Kindle excuse for all transgressions.... :D >

47straight
7/29/2010, 12:52 AM
I wouldn't be suprised if scholarship athletes didn't have to sign a waiver granting the university full access to their medical records as part of the scholarship

I only bring it up because Mack Brown has used HIPA as an excuse many, many times when he doesn't want to discuss injuries.

Leroy Lizard
7/29/2010, 01:55 AM

That doesn't mean they can disclose them to the public.

birddog
7/29/2010, 08:13 AM
That doesn't mean they can disclose them to the public.

correct. they can't disclose health records without a signed waiver from the athlete.

better a narcoleptic than a necropheliac. am i wrong?

gaylordfan1
7/29/2010, 08:46 AM
From the sound of things this is going to be a dealt with internally. I think he's looking at missing the Utah State game. But I think the real punishment will be Stoops looking at others to be the 3rd man in the rotation in front of Madu. I really think he screwed the pooch. I could be wrong though.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/30/2010, 05:12 PM
Either that, or a high ranking official of MADD

Or AD at UGA...