PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Griffin update

badger
7/26/2010, 01:03 PM
Bad news. No longer with the Suns

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100726_92_0_Former828566)

Maybe Blake can pull a few strings and get him to LA?

Boomer.....
7/26/2010, 01:06 PM
That sucks!

badger
7/26/2010, 01:16 PM
I got excited when I saw "Taylor Griffin demands trade, wants own big three," thinking that he wanted to move out to LA to be with WW and Blake.

Link (http://arizona.sbnation.com/2010/7/23/1584986/taylor-griffin-trade-demand)

Alas, satire. I should have known better. Taylor is too nice to demand trades

ouleaf
7/26/2010, 01:21 PM
Former Oklahoma player Taylor Griffin was waived by the Phoenix Suns on Monday, the Arizona Republic reports.

Griffin was selected by Phoenix in the second round of the 2009 draft with the 48th overall pick. He played in eight games as a rookie last season, averaging four minutes per game and 1.3 points.

He started all five of the Suns' recent summer league games in Las Vegas, averaging 3.8 point per game and 20.6 minutes.

Yeah that last part doesn't do a whole lot to help your case. Hopefully he is picked up and can play D-League somewhere.

yankee
7/26/2010, 01:49 PM
unfortunately, taylor got into the NBA on his brother's name. it's only a matter of time before he's out of the league...but i think he'll be very successful in whatever he does outside of it. doesn't he want to be a doctor one day?

badger
7/26/2010, 02:20 PM
doesn't he want to be a doctor one day?

yes, he was an incredibly good student, from what i read and a premed/zoology major to boot.

One year at the NBA minimum should help take down some of those med school costs... not that Blake wouldn't help big bro out with some of that Subway commercial money :D

Mad Dog Madsen
7/26/2010, 02:56 PM
unfortunately, taylor got into the NBA on his brother's name. it's only a matter of time before he's out of the league...but i think he'll be very successful in whatever he does outside of it. doesn't he want to be a doctor one day?

I seriously doubt anybody would waste a second round pick because of his name. Taylor had some game but was limited offensively. I think they we're willing to take a chance but it just didn't pan out. I always thought he could have had an Eddie Najera type of role. He may still end up in the D-League though. Either way, this is not the end of the world for Taylor. He got a good education at OU so he'll be just fine.

Serge Ibaka
7/26/2010, 03:26 PM
I agree with Madsen: Taylor is crazy athletic for his size, and that's what got him into the league. He just doesn't quite have the basketball skills to be an NBA swingman, but if he improves, he could be valuable on the right squad within the right role.

And at any rate, he's a smart guy and he'll have a successful life. I hope he finds a way to play ball though if that's what he wants.

Shakadoodoo
7/30/2010, 01:46 PM
I hope he finds a good fit somewhere - he seems to be a very determined individual.

stoopified
7/30/2010, 06:03 PM
I seriously doubt anybody would waste a second round pick because of his name. Taylor had some game but was limited offensively. I think they we're willing to take a chance but it just didn't pan out. I always thought he could have had an Eddie Najera type of role. He may still end up in the D-League though. Either way, this is not the end of the world for Taylor. He got a good education at OU so he'll be just fine.I agree with yankee,while Tayloris a good athlete,he never did anything in four years at OU to show NBA potential.I love the kid,wish him nothing but the best and I DO believe he will be sucessful in life. That said IMHO he was a bust at OU and never showed more then a glimpse of being a starting D-1 caliber player.

C&CDean
7/30/2010, 09:11 PM
I look at Taylor (and Blake) as half white. I look at Obama as half black. Weird.

badger
7/31/2010, 09:57 AM
Ma Griffin has redder hair than me and she gave it to Blake. That's probably why :D