PDA

View Full Version : FSU LB arrested

OK2U
7/26/2010, 12:16 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/FSU-s-Carr-on-the-hook-for-five-felonies-in-alle?urn=ncaaf-258184

Florida State linebacker Nigel Carr earned both a possible starting job and a team leadership award this spring for, in the words of his official FSU bio, setting "new standards of excellence with his work ethic and accountability on and off the field." Well, technically he is being held accountable today after allegedly breaking into two cars on campus – one of them literally across the street from Doak Campbell Stadium – over the weekend:

Police say Carr broke into the vehicle, a white Toyota, and stole a "book bag" that contained the victim's "purse and other items," including a sweater. Carr then allegedly dumped some of the stolen contents into a nearby dumpster.

In addition, police say Carr stole the victim's credit card, which an officer located on the floorboard of a white car that Carr was allegedly driving. Further, police say Carr is the suspect in the burglary of another vehicle near the Florida State campus. In that burglary, police allege that Carr broke into a vehicle on Saturday and stole a checkbook.

According to police, the first victim discovered both the items allegedly stolen from her Toyota SUV, as well as the checkbook, which had been reported missing, in a dumpster near the vehicle Carr allegedly drove. Police say video surveillance shows a black male, fitting Carr's description, throw "something into the dumpster."

Carr faces two counts of burglary of a structure and one count apiece of property damage, theft of a credit card and fraud, all felonies, plus a misdemeanor marijuana charge from earlier in the week. (That is going to be one blockbuster Fulmer Cup score.) He was being held at the Leon County Jail this morning on $15,000 bond.

Suffice to say, this is not the kind of "leadership" or "positive attitude" FSU was expecting from a fourth-year junior finally on the verge of asserting himself in the lineup. Coach Jimbo Fisher, conveniently located near 500 microphones and tape recorders this morning at the ACC's media day, said he'd wait to let the legal system run its course. But a felony charge is an automatic suspension, per school policy, and if any of them stick, it's almost certain Carr's career in Tallahassee is finished. Considering the other potential consequences that come with third-degree felony charges in Florida, football is the least of his concerns at the moment.

Shakadoodoo
7/26/2010, 12:23 PM
That is a shame! I hate to see any youngsters career go down the drain - but damn - he must not be the brightest crayon in the box!

goingoneight
7/26/2010, 12:35 PM
The shame is that thugs like this not only hurt their team, but the image of people around them.

OK2U
7/26/2010, 12:35 PM
Not the sharpest spear in the ... (whatever spears are held in) ?
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd287/Emerez/FSUSpear.jpg

Leroy Lizard
7/26/2010, 12:46 PM
Lock him up for a very, very long time.

PalmBeachSooner
7/26/2010, 12:54 PM
Hate much?

Leroy Lizard
7/26/2010, 12:55 PM
As in, hating thieves? Yes, very much.

BillyBall
7/26/2010, 01:16 PM
Yeah, on EDSBS FSU is now leading the Fulmer Cup. Carr got an impressive 17 points for the five felonies and one misdemeanor. Good work son.

Soonerntxs
7/26/2010, 01:17 PM
Can't agree more> Leroy: Liars, thieves and child molesters. Put many of each in jail, enjoyed every minute of it!

As far as crime & players, I think: Criminals are criminals! It doesn't make any sense for someone to think that a team will suffer for the loss of a criminal masking as a player.

oudivesherpa
7/26/2010, 02:38 PM
He will get a one game supension, the charges will be dismissed and he will be ready to play by Sept. 11th.

oudivesherpa
7/26/2010, 02:39 PM
No, wait, I was quoting Texas' policy.

Osce0la
7/28/2010, 08:42 AM
If he isn't dismissed from the team, I would hope he is suspended for the season, and would have to do a lot of community service before being reinstated. I don't know his situation, but the kids had a clean record for 20 years - I would hate to see his life and a possible career thrown away for 1 night of stupidity.

gaylordfan1
7/28/2010, 08:49 AM
I have never understood the mindset of thieves.

texaspokieokie
7/28/2010, 09:20 AM
OsceOla

one night of getting caught.

badger
7/28/2010, 09:20 AM
I have never understood the mindset of thieves.

In this case, it almost sounded like he was acting... impulsively? To break a window, then dump most of the stolen goods in a dumpster? Did he break into the wrong car, or was he just in the mood to break into a car?

So weird. Anyway, this guarantees a win over Florida State this fall, so please, any scalpers listening, drop the prices of your tickets a few hundred :O

Flagstaffsooner
7/28/2010, 10:51 AM
Buh, he be a good kid.
http://collegefootblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/bobby-bowden.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
7/28/2010, 01:06 PM
Looks like this moron is trying to get that individual Fulmer cup deal.

Osce0la
7/30/2010, 07:31 AM
In this case, it almost sounded like he was acting... impulsively? To break a window, then dump most of the stolen goods in a dumpster? Did he break into the wrong car, or was he just in the mood to break into a car?

So weird. Anyway, this guarantees a win over Florida State this fall, so please, any scalpers listening, drop the prices of your tickets a few hundred :O

Like the state of our defense didn't already do that? :D