PDA

View Full Version : Mad Men Season 4 (Spoilers)

Veritas
7/26/2010, 08:41 AM
So what did you guys think of last night's season opener?

Sorta sucked to see a beaten down Don Draper, even though he brought it all on himself. I'm not sure how they're going to maintain the same cool rhythm the show had when it was Sterling-Cooper; the cast of side characters (Sal, Kenny, Paul) made the show interesting and lightened up the shadows cast by Draper. And it's weird to see Betty Draper crawling in bed with another man.

I didn't really like the episode, I have to say, but the last 15 seconds of the show were interesting with Don talking to the reporter from the WSJ, getting back to his cocky self.

pilobolus
7/26/2010, 10:28 AM
So what did you guys think of last night's season opener?

Sorta sucked to see a beaten down Don Draper, even though he brought it all on himself. I'm not sure how they're going to maintain the same cool rhythm the show had when it was Sterling-Cooper; the cast of side characters (Sal, Kenny, Paul) made the show interesting and lightened up the shadows cast by Draper. And it's weird to see Betty Draper crawling in bed with another man.

I didn't really like the episode, I have to say, but the last 15 seconds of the show were interesting with Don talking to the reporter from the WSJ, getting back to his cocky self.

Oh, but he wasn't beaten down by the end, he clearly had has mojo back in the second interview.

HBick
7/26/2010, 03:27 PM
Don Draper wasn't beaten down, he just likes it rough. That was pretty awesome, and I really enjoyed the end "Either get out or I'm going to start collecting rent."

Oh and I like that girl he went out, Jane's friend. She was on True Blood last season as the wife of the leader of the crazy church. Really hope Roger keeps on delivering one liners too. His line about the one legged guy was classic

Jacie
7/26/2010, 04:17 PM
And it's weird to see Betty Draper crawling in bed with another man.

No it's not. We saw her go into a broom closet with a total stranger when she was preggers. At least she is married to this guy. The guy's mother has her pegged though, telling her son he should have stuck to going out with ho's instead of marrying one . . .

HBick
7/26/2010, 04:38 PM
Betty is going to have another meltdown. Her meltdown last season was pure greatness, going through all of his ****.