PDA

View Full Version : Rams wanting to sign TO......

stoops the eternal pimp
7/26/2010, 08:19 AM
Rams eye T.O.

So are the Rams really interested in controversial wide receiver Terrell Owens?

"Who’s his agent? Drew Rosenhaus?" general manager Billy Devaney said. "Then my answer is, ’Next question.’ "

That, of course, was a playful reference to Rosenhaus’ "next question" series of answers during an infamous 2005 news conference on the front lawn of the player known as T.O.

In a more serious vein, Devaney gave a more revealing answer to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

"I’m not going to get into specific names, but we’ve been talking about a lot of guys [at wide receiver]," Devaney said.

Not exactly a denial. And league sources later confirmed the Rams are interested in signing Owens to a free-agent contract. In fact, the sources said it’s possible that Owens could be signed by early this week.

Owens, who turns 37 in December, is nearing the end of a prolific yet star-crossed career.

Without benefit of a strong supporting cast last season in Buffalo, Owens caught 55 passes for 829 yards and five touchdowns as the Bills’ No. 1 receiving option

Not sure how I feel about this

Eielson
7/26/2010, 08:26 AM
In the conference the Rams are in, this could easily make them playoff contenders. It would also bring attention/money to the Rams...something that they definitely need.

Soonerntxs
7/26/2010, 08:38 AM
Hell, if TO can catch, SAM will put it on the mark every time; could be fun to watch, I just don't think TO is 100% for some reason..I have a funny feeling that he will just fade away, if he doesn't make some noise this year.

ouleaf
7/26/2010, 10:22 AM
Despite TO's production dropping off pretty significantly last year with the Bills, I realize that part old age and part playing for the Bills, but TO pretty much shut his mouth the whole year and just showed up to play football.

If he can bring that same attitude to the Rams, then he can still be a useful piece for them. The Rams aren't exactly deep at WR either. Plus I think the Dome factor would also be a plus for TO's game.

Salt City Sooner
7/26/2010, 02:40 PM
Not sure how I feel about this

Cincinnati Bengals president Mike Brown confirmed his team's interest in free-agent receiver Terrell Owens on Monday.

"It's up to him," Brown said of Owens, according to Bengals.com. "We are talking to him. We have some interest."

Brown made his comments before the Bengals' training camp media luncheon.

He said that quarterback Carson Palmer, who has been working with Owens in California, reported that the receiver "can still run," according to the website.

Brown said that he was impressed with Owens' attitude when the team visited with him in March.

"I found him polite, nothing that has been said about him," Brown said, according to Bengals.com. "We like him as a player."

Owens also has another strong supporter in Chad Ochocinco, his close friend and reality TV colleague. The two have helped each other promote their respective shows on VH1.

The Bengals signed free-agent receiver Antonio Bryant during the offseason but Bryant has struggled so far. That has motivated the Bengals to take another look at Owens, a team source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Sources had told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen that the Rams also were interested in signing Owens, however the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Monday that the team has decided against adding Owens.

The 36-year-old Owens, a six-time Pro Bowler, had a pedestrian season with the Buffalo Bills last season, catching 55 passes for 829 yards and five touchdowns.

Information from ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter was used in this report.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5411203

I KNOW how I feel about this.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4068/noooooooo.jpg

ouleaf
7/26/2010, 02:55 PM
Well the Bengals offer changes everything....unless the Rams throw waaayyy more money at him, and why would they, I'd say TO winds up in the Cincy. They are the better team right now, and it's better publicity for him.

Boomer.....
7/26/2010, 03:01 PM
The Rams are out on TO.

Dio
7/26/2010, 03:11 PM
Good. TO is a cancer, and that's the last thing Sam needs.

C&CDean
7/26/2010, 03:54 PM
I could give a **** about the Rams, but I want what's best for Sam. Putting this POS no-account selfish punk in the same huddle with Sam is NOT in Sam's best interest. **** Owens.

C&CDean
7/26/2010, 03:55 PM
In the conference the Rams are in, this could easily make them playoff contenders. It would also bring attention/money to the Rams...something that they definitely need.

Huh? Adding a washed-up loudmouth ******* to the Rams would suddenly make them playoff contenders? You a crackhead?

cheezyq
7/26/2010, 04:06 PM
I kind of disagree about this TO consensus. I don't care for the guy, and he's been selfish and obnoxious as hell through much of his career...but the guy works his *** off on the field and off the field, and his world pretty much centers around being the best WR on the field and winning. He might think that the only way to win is for him to get 150 catches a year...but that's the kind of confidence you want a guy to have.

Aside from the stint in Buffalo, he's been a key part of some really good teams. There are a LOT of worse d-bag prima donna WRs out there than TO, IMHO. I'd rather have him on the field of a struggling team than a guy like Randy Moss, who has a history of quitting on GOOD teams.

Salt City Sooner
7/26/2010, 04:15 PM
I'm hearing T.O. to Cincy is a done deal. As an aside, I do not blame him for the down year he had in Buffalo. His QB was Fitzpatrick, who was also the guy who stepped in for Palmer in Cincy when he got hurt in '08. To say that he's got a lollipop arm would be an understatement, which really hurts deep threats like Owens & Lee Evans, who really fell off last year as well.

C&CDean
7/26/2010, 04:24 PM
Good. Maybe him and Chad Johnson's heads will explode when you put all that ego into one huddle.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/26/2010, 04:27 PM
Who is this Chad Johnson?

C&CDean
7/26/2010, 04:30 PM
Ochenta y cinco.

Only an uneducated ****ing moron would call himself "Ocho Cinco."

Eielson
7/26/2010, 04:44 PM
Huh? Adding a washed-up loudmouth ******* to the Rams would suddenly make them playoff contenders? You a crackhead?

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying.

C&CDean
7/26/2010, 04:59 PM
You're saying you're on crack?

Eielson
7/26/2010, 05:04 PM
You're saying you're on crack?

Of course.

C&CDean
7/27/2010, 08:49 AM
Well alright then.

OULenexaman
7/27/2010, 09:55 AM
TO is not worthy enough to have a thread on this board...

boomermagic
7/27/2010, 10:33 AM
I could give a **** about the Rams, but I want what's best for Sam. Putting this POS no-account selfish punk in the same huddle with Sam is NOT in Sam's best interest. **** Owens.

I agree !

Salt City Sooner
7/27/2010, 04:50 PM
Clayton's reporting he's a Bengal. 1 year, 2 million.

Collier11
7/27/2010, 04:50 PM
Yep, with incentives totaling $4 mil

Collier11
10/12/2010, 11:44 PM
TO on pace for 1500 receiving yards, just sayin