PDA

View Full Version : Ravens rookie Sergio Kindle hospitalized

JLEW1818
7/25/2010, 04:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5408761

Ravens rookie Sergio Kindle, Batimore's first pick in the 2010 NFL draft, suffered a head injury and was hospitalized after what was believed to be a fall down two flights of stairs, the team said in a release on Sunday.

According to the release, Kindle fell at a house he was visiting in Austin, Texas, on Thursday night.

Kindle is in stable condition and is being treated at University Medical Center Brackenridge. Members of the Ravens' medical staff are in communication with doctors.

The former University of Texas linebacker will not report with other rookies when training camp begins at McDaniel College on Monday.

"Members of our medical staff, including Bill Tessendorf and Dr. Andy Tucker, have spoken with doctors in Texas. We understand Sergio is stable at this time and that he is being tested and observed," Ravens' general manager Ozzie Newsome said in the release.

Newbomb Turk
7/25/2010, 04:22 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38404076/ns/sports-player_news/

Ravens rookie LB Sergio Kindle is expected to make a full recovery from his head injury, a source tells beat writer Aaron Wilson.

Kindle is still being observed in an Austin, Texas hospital after falling down two flights of stairs on Saturday. He has reportedly gotten much better over the last day or two, although the exact injury is unknown at this point. He's still expected to sign his rookie deal at some point this week, although Wilson points out that there's no rush now.

XingTheRubicon
7/25/2010, 04:58 PM
Hope he's ok, even though with that kind of medical care, you wonder if he is in good hands.

I mean, hasn't anyone told the EMT's that after a head injury, you're supposed drive home and sleep in seclusion for 10 hours.

Leroy Lizard
7/25/2010, 05:11 PM
Hope he's ok, even though with that kind of medical care, you wonder if he is in good hands.

I mean, hasn't anyone told the EMT's that after a head injury, you're supposed drive home and sleep in seclusion for 10 hours.

That was EXCELLENT.

CrimsonJim
7/25/2010, 05:25 PM
Ole Serg never could hold his liquor...

Case in point. ;)

gaylordfan1
7/25/2010, 06:06 PM
Did they get a serum drug screen? Blood alcohol content? Would have been nice to known what he was on. Really, a first round draft pick.... an All American athlete trips and falls down stairs? Really?

AlbqSooner
7/25/2010, 06:19 PM
Tripping and falling down the stairs is one thing. Tripping and falling down TWO flights of stairs is indicative of something more than buffonery.

gaylordfan1
7/25/2010, 06:26 PM
I may now after saying this.... But, I never have fallen down any stairs, not even when I was college freshman DRUNK!

Leroy Lizard
7/25/2010, 06:39 PM
I may now after saying this.... But, I never have fallen down any stairs, not even when I was college freshman DRUNK!

I've slipped and fallen on stairs. But I never had enough narcotics in me to keep rolling down the stairs like they do in the movies.

So my question is, "Did she use a sand wedge on him, or a driver?"

A Sooner in Texas
7/25/2010, 07:06 PM
Did they get a serum drug screen? Blood alcohol content? Would have been nice to known what he was on. Really, a first round draft pick.... an All American athlete trips and falls down stairs? Really?

Only way they would get a drug or alcohol screen was if he was suspected of driving while intoxicated or arrested for some other crime. Otherwise, he'd have to give his consent, and sounds like from the circumstances he might not have wanted to do that.

yermom
7/25/2010, 07:11 PM
maybe he was texting

A Sooner in Texas
7/25/2010, 07:15 PM
maybe he was texting

Or trying to walk into the side of the building.

gaylordfan1
7/25/2010, 07:17 PM
Only way they would get a drug or alcohol screen was if he was suspected of driving while intoxicated or arrested for some other crime. Otherwise, he'd have to give his consent, and sounds like from the circumstances he might not have wanted to do that.

Depends on which ER you roll into. Also depends on the symptoms he presents with. If his level of consciousness was inconsistent with his head injury, they would do a SUDS to rule out any other reason for him being drowsy or what have you. I don't think you have to have consent to for this lab. It's whatever the Doc that is treating you wants.

SouthFortySooner
7/25/2010, 07:31 PM
I didn read it. Was it Muschumps house where he fell down some stairs or had he just left there?

stoopified
7/25/2010, 07:35 PM
So whrn is his discharge date from the DKR treatment and rehab center?

ashley
7/25/2010, 07:52 PM
I didn read it. Was it Muschumps house where he fell down some stairs or had he just left there?

Poor choice of words.

oudavid1
7/25/2010, 07:56 PM
Hope hes ok

Breadburner
7/25/2010, 08:15 PM
Was he into the purple purple.....?

rawlingsHOH
7/25/2010, 08:25 PM
unfortunately, this isn't surprising

SouthFortySooner
7/25/2010, 09:07 PM
Poor choice of words.

Sorry if my sarcastic remark offended you. Again, I didn't read the article. Was he helping a little old lady move her piano and trippied and fell? If so I pray for his speedy recovery and forgive the blithering horn for running through someone's daughters home and leaving the scene. I'm sure her father did also.

BoomerJack
7/26/2010, 08:34 AM
Headline in the Austin American Statesman:

" X-rays of Kindle's Head Reveal Nothing!"

CrimsonJim
7/26/2010, 08:38 AM
oShTJ90fC34&NR

MiccoMacey
7/26/2010, 08:41 AM
Tripping and falling down the stairs is one thing. Tripping and falling down TWO flights of stairs is indicative of something more than buffonery.

THIS.

And not just because he's a former Texas player...how in the heck do you fall down TWO flights of stairs?

Unless he has a medical condition (diabetic that got reeeeal low on his sugar, someone who has a tendency to pass out frequently), it's hard to imagine a scenario where you can't stop falling after a few steps that doesn't involve some type of substance.

XingTheRubicon
7/26/2010, 08:43 AM
looks like Mack will have give another "texting awareness" lecture...

we should check if Kennedy was texting when he was cruising on houston and elm

KantoSooner
7/26/2010, 09:14 AM
It's been mentioned before in this string, but, really, HOW THE HELL DO YOU FALL DOWN TWO FLIGHTS OF STAIRS.
Most houses don't even have two flights in line for reasons of both design and safety. It is virtually physically impossible unless you fall once, then crawl around the landing and launch yourself into the fray once more. And a head injury? People break their arms involuntarily protecting their noggins when they fall or are in car wrecks.
There is only explanation here: profound intoxication.

Dude's a drunk.

I can only imagine how Ray Lewis will deal with him.

rawlingsHOH
7/26/2010, 09:48 AM
It's been mentioned before in this string, but, really, HOW THE HELL DO YOU FALL DOWN TWO FLIGHTS OF STAIRS.
Most houses don't even have two flights in line for reasons of both design and safety. It is virtually physically impossible unless you fall once, then crawl around the landing and launch yourself into the fray once more. And a head injury? People break their arms involuntarily protecting their noggins when they fall or are in car wrecks.

Dude's a drunk.

With the knife?

Soonerntxs
7/26/2010, 10:09 AM
Ok, stay with me on this one, I think I know how it all happened:

SK was texting girlfriend #20 while grilfriend #7 was calling in on line 2 after grilfriend #11 who was on hold hung up and he inadvertently resumed conversation and girlfriend #20, Girlfriend #1 came out of bathroom startling him; with tool in non cell phone hand, SK hit speaker button and with volume all the way up, loud moaning echoed the room. SK, then dropped phone as GF#1 pulled a loaded 380 pistol from under the bed right next to the weed tray and began a wild chase through the house. SK lost his footing on kittycat #4 and fell down 1 flight of stairs, landing on kittycat #2 he then, startled by the noise of the whailing puss, fell down the second set of stairs. Once at the foot of the stairs girlfriend #1 began to kick SK in the head until he explained that GF#20 was just a friend and the GF#1 was all that mattered. Did I mention that Tiger Woods was on line 3!:D (STUPID WHORN, hope he's ok though, with this, you know there is more to come)

ouleaf
7/26/2010, 10:13 AM
Was he into the purple purple.....?

good question

Tear Down This Wall
7/26/2010, 10:36 AM
2007 - DWI
2009 - Ran car into an apartment building in the middle of the night, left the scene; claims he was "texting."
2010 - Rolls down two flights of stairs in the middle of the night

Baltimore really did its homework on this headcase, eh?

Fortunately for them, he hasn't signed a contract yet. Gee, I wonder if they'll change it up a little based on this weekend's events?

“Sergio always thought he had bad luck all his life,” Kindle’s father, Johnny Walker, told the Carroll County Times:

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sports/ravens/article_22ab6dac-9867-11df-8702-001cc4c03286.html

olevetonahill
7/26/2010, 10:51 AM

Dude's a drunk.

You say that like its a Bad thing :eek:

Ike
7/26/2010, 10:51 AM

Dude's a drunk.

I've stayed in more than a few houses that had two flights of stairs in line, with only a landing of a few feet between them. I was in one of them just a couple of weeks ago. If you had a good amount of momentum going at the top of the stairs, it would be pretty damn hard to avoid falling down both flights.

Just sayin.

TahoeSOONER
7/26/2010, 11:15 AM
Ok, stay with me on this one, I think I know how it all happened:

he then, startled by the noise of the whailing puss, fell down the second set of stairs.

:pop: :hot:

rawlingsHOH
7/26/2010, 11:34 AM
2007 - DWI
2009 - Ran car into an apartment building in the middle of the night, left the scene; claims he was "texting."
2010 - Rolls down two flights of stairs in the middle of the night

Baltimore really did its homework on this headcase, eh?

Fortunately for them, he hasn't signed a contract yet. Gee, I wonder if they'll change it up a little based on this weekend's events?

“Sergio always thought he had bad luck all his life,” Kindle’s father, Johnny Walker, told the Carroll County Times:

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sports/ravens/article_22ab6dac-9867-11df-8702-001cc4c03286.html

the dude's dad's name is JOHNNY WALKER? lol

that says it all!

Leroy Lizard
7/26/2010, 12:06 PM

Dude's a drunk.

There is a more likely explanation: His injuries were caused by something else, and the stairs are the excuse.

"Walked into a door"

"Fell down the stairs"

"Slipped in the bath tub"

KantoSooner
7/26/2010, 12:13 PM
Leeroy: Yes. You are correct. His boyfriend probably beat him up and now he's too embarassed to admit it.

Olevet: We will have to have a philosophical discussion on this. To be a drunk is not, in itself, a bad thing. To be a drunk who causes unreasonable trouble is. Example: to wet oneself, while passed out, at a lakeside barbecue is not a capital offense. Worst case, you get thrown in the lake and have to ride home in the back of the pickup with the dogs and used bbq equipment. To do the same, during the neighbor's kid's piano recital when you got a ride with their family in their new car? That's not acceptable.
A subtle difference, I know.....

olevetonahill
7/26/2010, 12:16 PM
Leeroy: Yes. You are correct. His boyfriend probably beat him up and now he's too embarassed to admit it.

Olevet: We will have to have a philosophical discussion on this. To be a drunk is not, in itself, a bad thing. To be a drunk who causes unreasonable trouble is. Example: to wet oneself, while passed out, at a lakeside barbecue is not a capital offense. Worst case, you get thrown in the lake and have to ride home in the back of the pickup with the dogs and used bbq equipment. To do the same, during the neighbor's kid's piano recital when you got a ride with their family in their new car? That's not acceptable.
A subtle difference, I know.....

Any self respecting Drunk aint gonna be at no dayum recital :rolleyes:

KantoSooner
7/26/2010, 02:09 PM
Oh, touche! But I'm talkiing theoretical here.

And, if I must say so, that's a pretty dayum good theoretical. I was particularly proud of the new car part. Kind of the cherry on top.

ashley
7/26/2010, 03:19 PM
I've stayed in more than a few houses that had two flights of stairs in line, with only a landing of a few feet between them. I was in one of them just a couple of weeks ago. If you had a good amount of momentum going at the top of the stairs, it would be pretty damn hard to avoid falling down both flights.

Just sayin.

Could you try explaining that again. Help me. The second flight goes in a different direction. You would have to bounce off the first wall and then get more momentum to go down the second set. I am having trouble seeing that.

Ike
7/26/2010, 03:21 PM
Could you try explaining that again. Help me. The second flight goes in a different direction. You would have to bounce off the first wall and then get more momentum to go down the second set. I am having trouble seeing that.

No...second flight in same direction. Go down one flight, 5 foot or so landing, go down second flight. All in the same direction.

KantoSooner
7/26/2010, 03:26 PM
Either that OR the flights are in-line and not even half flights at a 180 from each other. In such case, our hero would start at a brisk walk at the top, lose his footing and begin pitching down, down, down the stairs, accelerating all the while, sometimes catching a bit of traction with a foot or hand, but then carreening higher and higher, faster and faster, catching arms and legs in the hand rails, slamming his head against the walls and steps in an uncontrolled rush; body losing integrity as consciousness is lost, finally sliding the last four or five steps on his face to a stop at the bottom with his neck at an uncomfortable angle.....

Sorry, I was just amusing myself.

MiccoMacey
7/26/2010, 03:29 PM
No...second flight in same direction. Go down one flight, 5 foot or so landing, go down second flight. All in the same direction.

Pleas, please, please...direct me to said house. My lawyer wants to know.

Sincerely,
$12,000,000 Lawsuit

swardboy
7/26/2010, 03:41 PM
My head's hurting reading at all your explanations...oh, wait....

Salt City Sooner
7/26/2010, 04:26 PM
Harbaugh says he fractured his skull:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5411324

Curly Bill
7/26/2010, 04:30 PM
Can this guy just go ahead and ruin his career already so we can move on. :D

Breadburner
7/26/2010, 05:53 PM
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr68/InFaMoUs-520/90083127_9768465b9e.jpg

olevetonahill
7/26/2010, 06:52 PM
Oh, touche! But I'm talkiing theoretical here.

And, if I must say so, that's a pretty dayum good theoretical. I was particularly proud of the new car part. Kind of the cherry on top.

Well hell , Iffen yer gonna do a theoretical type question shouldn't be in the realm of possibility ? ;)

47straight
7/26/2010, 07:17 PM
It seems pretty extreme even for a possible drunk/high move. Might have been a freak accident.

Leroy Lizard
7/26/2010, 07:25 PM
Can this guy just go ahead and ruin his career already so we can move on. :D

And miss the hilarity of future events? Deprive us of numerous botched robberies, driving while naked, and the obligatory psychotic melt-downs? C'mon, he's a Horn.

Curly Bill
7/26/2010, 07:28 PM
Ya gotta point.

olevetonahill
7/26/2010, 07:38 PM
Well since they werkin on his head they might be hope fer him after all

Alls they need to is tighten up all those screws while they there:D

Leroy Lizard
7/26/2010, 07:59 PM
Well since they werkin on his head they might be hope fer him after all

Alls they need to is tighten up all those screws while they there:D

They have to shake the burnt orange out of it first.

bluedogok
7/26/2010, 08:42 PM
I wonder if teams are going to put in a "you cannot go to Austin" clause in future Whorn contracts after what Sergio and Cedric Benson had happen this summer.