PDA

View Full Version : Terry Nichols Appeals Restitution Order

CrimsonJim
7/25/2010, 12:24 PM
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Oklahoma City bombing co-conspirator Terry Nichols wants a federal judge to suspend the $14.5 million in restitution he was ordered to pay for the destruction of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building.

In a handwritten request submitted Friday, Nichols said he "is willing to work to earn money to pay for his restitution," but there are no prison jobs for him to earn money because he is locked in his cell for all but 10 hours a week.

Nichols asked U.S. District Judge Richard Matsch to suspend the restitution order until the Federal Bureau of Prisons provides him with "full-time employment."

Federal prosecutors say Nichols helped Timothy McVeigh assemble a massive fertilizer bomb that killed 168.

He was sentenced to life in prison without parole.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.koco.com/news/24385735/detail.html

Leroy Lizard
7/25/2010, 12:28 PM
Why would this be even a matter of concern for Terry Nichols? Just don't pay it. What are they going to do to you?

texaspokieokie
7/25/2010, 12:32 PM
how long would he have to work to repay 14.5 mil ???

even if he worked 24 hrs/day.

Leroy Lizard
7/25/2010, 12:51 PM
Dear Judge Matsch,

You want blood, but I'm a turnip.

Sincerely,

Terry Nichols

yermom
7/25/2010, 01:19 PM
they should give him a job in the shiv factory

Viking Kitten
7/25/2010, 01:39 PM
A ploy to get out of his cell more? Or maybe he eases his boredom by filing legal briefs. He sued a couple years ago because his prison food wasn't healthy enough and he wanted more fresh fruits and whole grains. Tossed out, if I remember right.

They SHOULD let him out of his cell more. He should get to enjoy shower time with the general inmate population every day. It would be fun to see how long he lasts before they Dahmer him.

CrimsonJim
7/25/2010, 01:43 PM
A ploy to get out of his cell more? Or maybe he eases his boredom by filing legal briefs. He sued a couple years ago because his prison food wasn't healthy enough and he wanted more fresh fruits and whole grains. Tossed out, if I remember right.

They SHOULD let him out of his cell more. He should get to enjoy shower time with the general inmate population every day. It would be fun to see how long he lasts before they Dahmer him.

This! ^^^

Leroy Lizard
7/25/2010, 02:04 PM

Meh. He would just be doing it to others within a few months and having a good time.

Okla-homey
7/25/2010, 02:06 PM
I suspect it has something to do with the fact when he dies, that $14M judgment debt he owes will insure there will be zippo left in his estate. I seem to recall he owns a farm or something.

Collier11
7/25/2010, 02:08 PM
I say give him HARD labor til he dies, he may only repay the debt in the thousands but who the hell cares

Leroy Lizard
7/25/2010, 02:28 PM
I say give him HARD labor til he dies, he may only repay the debt in the thousands but who the hell cares

But that would be mean... and c-r-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-e-l!

I'm all for hard labor. But give the scam artist hard labor too. Give 'em all hard labor. Make 'em too tired to rape each other.

Collier11
7/25/2010, 02:29 PM
its only cruel cus the people who decided it would be cruel are p*$$ies

SicEmBaylor
7/25/2010, 02:52 PM
If he wants to work then let him...within the confines of prison of course. Might as well get some use out of the POS.

GKeeper316
7/25/2010, 03:01 PM
how come nobody's killed him yet?

King Crimson
7/25/2010, 03:47 PM

they just give him about 30 minutes in downtown OKC. Cletus will bring him down and have him cleaned and mounted by then. and rightfully so.

tulsaoilerfan
7/25/2010, 03:53 PM
I'm wondering why this piece of **** is still alive and why he didn't get the death penalty

Okla-homey
7/25/2010, 04:28 PM
I'm wondering why this piece of **** is still alive and why he didn't get the death penalty

I think he made a plea deal to avoid the needle.

SicEmBaylor
7/25/2010, 04:35 PM
I think he made a plea deal to avoid the needle.

Which, I think, is probably appropriate. He's not the one that "pulled the trigger" so to speak, so I think life in prison is probably the appropriate punishment.

SicEmBaylor
7/25/2010, 04:37 PM
Fortier is the one who didn't get a tough enough sentence.

Leroy Lizard
7/25/2010, 04:58 PM

Did you really think that Nichols was going to be killed in prison? I sure didn't. (Well, not for anything connected to the OKC bombing.)

Dahmer was killed by a schizophrenic, who himself was incarcerated for a pointless murder over $15. (He killed another inmate at the same time.)

Dio
7/25/2010, 06:05 PM
**** terry nichols in the ****ing mouth

seriously, **** him

Leroy Lizard
7/25/2010, 06:27 PM

seriously, **** him

Wow. I bet he's sorry now. :D

SicEmBaylor
7/25/2010, 06:28 PM

seriously, **** him

Why give him that degree of pleasure?

Crucifax Autumn
7/25/2010, 08:28 PM
Non-recip BJs until he dies is not a bad idea.

homerSimpsonsBrain
7/26/2010, 01:45 PM
they should give him a job in the shiv factory

In the QC department. As a test dummy.

OUMallen
7/26/2010, 03:48 PM
They should employ him to clean the other inmates' pipes.