PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma on TV

randall180
7/24/2010, 09:55 PM
The short version... with Netflix, Hulu, and online streaming in general, I am about to get rid of my Dish Network (or cable). I have all my general TV watching covered except for sports. But more specifically, my Sooner Football. Does anyone know of any online solutions? National games on ABC I'll covered. Its the games that are on Fox Sports other stations that I don't know how to get. Does ESPN 3 have all the games online? Is there a solution I'm not thinking about?

ndpruitt03
7/24/2010, 10:11 PM
Justin TV will have every OU game on TV. If there's a PPV game or two they may not have those games.

Lout
7/25/2010, 12:50 PM
Not sure if this source will be good for college football, but I've watched every Cubs game this year (the ones I could stomach anyway) here:

http://myp2p.eu/

It works best with IE and you need a program called stream torrent to watch most of the games, but the quality is usually decent. It seems to have a pretty good community of streamers, so my guess is that college football will receive wide coverage.

yermom
7/25/2010, 01:18 PM
i'd find a sports bar if i did this

watching on justin.tv might kill me if i was not out of the country or something

JLEW1818
7/25/2010, 01:22 PM
www.atdhe.net

Scott D
7/25/2010, 01:46 PM
ESPN3 wouldn't carry any games that were broadcast on FSN, something about being competing entities and such. Honestly, it's being on Versus that would scare me the most...because it'd mean the team is sucking like Nolan Richardson was in charge.

SoonerPr8r
7/25/2010, 02:35 PM
Xbox live has partnered with ESPN and will be showing college football games this year. I think it will just be whatever is playing on ESPN 3. With this annoucement I was thinking of doing the same thing. I have netflix already on my x box and will most likely get hulu plus when it comes out. So why even have cable anymore?

yukonsooner
7/25/2010, 03:34 PM
get a sling box and watch off of a friend's set

King Barry's Back
7/26/2010, 08:02 AM
get a sling box and watch off of a friend's set

I am in Germany, and trying to figure out how to watch the Sooners. I have been told that getting a slingbox and watching from, say, my sister's set would have SERIOUS drawbacks.

First, there's real bandwith issues both on her end and on mine. In other words, I will probably have to upgrade my modem, and the host in the States would have to have a mega system, as well.

Second, my sister and I would have to watch the same channel -- all the time. That is clearly not satisfactory -- except that for sure she'd be watching the game if the Sooners are on.

Another option on slingbox is to provide via a commercial distributor of slingbox programming. I found a guy to do this, but he is out of NYC and I don't how often the Sooners will appear, and second, it is $150 per month.

I find that price pretty high, so I would intend to drop it after the football season, unfortunately.

If anybody has informed thoughts on watching Big XII football from Europe, please share.

NOTE: I watched on JustinTV last season, and it is hard to imagine a more negative experience. I could see colors -- usually -- but had to reboot repeatedly so often I didn't even get to see the colors.

And that was when I wasn't getting booted off the Sooners game altogether.

Thanks.

yermom
7/26/2010, 08:39 AM
it seems to me that bandwidth would only really be an issue for the upstream, unless you have problems streaming hulu or youtube, etc... most residential connections here wouldn't have a problem getting the Slingbox feed

as for watching the same channel, does the slingbox not have a tuner? it seems like it wouldn't even need a TV connected to it... just a separate coax jack, assuming cable, anyway

badger
7/26/2010, 11:30 AM
Where do you live? We might be able to recommend some awesome local bars/restaurants to watch the games at.

Hulu, Netflix and Internet will definitely not broadcast all Sooner games this season (in fact... does Hulu or Netflix broadcast ANY college football games???) so that's out. ESPN3 does not broadcast ABC games it seems (at least not FIFA world cup games), of course it would not broadcast games on Fox/FSN.

I can understand wanting to give cable the finger, so it's a good thing you came here for help now :D

Shakadoodoo
7/26/2010, 11:48 AM
Has anyone tried this - it would be wonderful if this worked!

How to Watch College Football Online For Free (http://www.ehow.com/how_2117366_watch-college-football-online-free.html#ixzz0uofldGDT)

Shakadoodoo
7/26/2010, 11:55 AM
Here is another link - Have any of you ever tried this?

Start Watching Live Football On Your Computer Now! (http://www.watch-football-now.com/)

yukonsooner
7/26/2010, 03:32 PM
We have the sling box on our extra tv. My son watches everything from this Tv on his computer with no problems. If for some reason we are going to be watching that TV we let him know. He can even use the DVR and record programs on our recorder and watching them later. We have had no problems. We even logged into the account while we were on vacation and watched local news and sports

cheezyq
7/26/2010, 04:12 PM
Wow. I just dumped my cable (kept the basic 20 channels). Seems like a lot of people are doing this. Figured I was the only one. I have Uverse Basic, and I believe it comes with access to ESPN 3. I figured I would rely on that and justin.tv/going to the local bar or friends' house to catch the rest.

Any KC residents have a good bar suggestion for Sooner fans?

soonerboomer93
7/26/2010, 07:45 PM
i'd find a sports bar if i did this

watching on justin.tv might kill me if i was not out of the country or something

I used espn college game plan international when I was overseas and it killed me. I don't care how much better streaming has gotten, there is still a huge difference between watching it on tv and watching it over the internet

sOUnd
7/26/2010, 09:01 PM
If you're overseas, you're better off trying to find a bar that can get the games on satellite .

I use Justin.tv a lot on the road but there's no telling when it will come to an end or be blacked out which is already happening with NFL games.

You will see on here, about gametime, there will be people scrambling to get the video or audio online posting threads, etc. The problem with audio is that many radio stations block you out if your IP address is not within their listening area.