PDA

View Full Version : NOOOOOO!!!!!!

sooner59
7/24/2010, 05:11 PM
Rams are seriously interested in T.O. If he f***s with Sam, I say we burn his house down.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5407084

JLEW1818
7/24/2010, 05:12 PM
title scared the crap outta me.

i thought we were about to have shades of 2009.... :(

badger
7/24/2010, 05:13 PM
yeah, i heard that too. I think the bengals probably have the edge to sign him though, if it means being opposite his buddy och(enta)cinco

swardboy
7/24/2010, 05:43 PM
T.O. has been practicing in California with Carson Palmer, who's said good things about him. It would seem T.O.'s agent is overblowing this Rams thing to get Cincy to take the plunge and get him.

DarrellZero
7/24/2010, 06:24 PM
This would be an idiotic thing for the Rams to do.

JLEW1818
7/24/2010, 06:38 PM
hey badger!!

badger
7/24/2010, 06:52 PM
My husband doesn't take kindly to badger stalkers, jlew.

Then again, he probably will think that you're drunk and let it go.

JLEW1818
7/24/2010, 06:53 PM
:D :D :D

Badger it's just for grins! I like NP and you.

I was very disappointed that me and the lady didn't get to see you guys last season....:(

ndpruitt03
7/24/2010, 07:18 PM
I disagree. I used to hate TO but he was a great teammate in Dallas. And he worked there. They just decided to split ways with him before last year. But everyone on Dallas' team talks about how great a teammate he was. If the Rams get him they get a top tier receiver when they have a bunch of guys that probably won't be around in a few years on that roster right now. It would be great for Sam Bradford if he could have TO to throw to instead of the no names they have right now.

ndpruitt03
7/24/2010, 07:23 PM
Name, Rec, yards, ypc, tds
Donnie Avery 47 589 12.5 50 5
Danny Amendola 43 326 7.6 25 1
Brandon Gibson 34 348 10.2 23 1
Keenan Burton 25 253 10.1 25 0

TO last year on a bad team with unstable QB play because of injuries and just bad QBs.

55 rec, 829 yards, 15.1 ypc, 5 TDs

GKeeper316
7/24/2010, 07:25 PM
t.o. aint as bad as he used to be (attitude-wise) and would make a great target for sam. and hes got gilyard to throw to as well. toss one of the best rbs in the league in the mix and st. louis could have a pretty good offense.

Breadburner
7/24/2010, 07:46 PM
He's a cancer.....

Collier11
7/24/2010, 07:54 PM
TOs attitude has greatly improved and he is still very productive

sooner94
7/24/2010, 07:58 PM
He's a cancer.....

Yeah, his attitude is great when his numbers are good. But if Sammy's not getting him the ball every other play, then watch out. A young QB doesn't need that.

While there wasn't much in the media in Dallas about TO issues, I think there were some behind the scenes issues. Supposedly the locker room was divided because of some things he was doing/saying.

stoopified
7/24/2010, 08:19 PM
It would be a better deal than the fake Roy Williams.

swardboy
7/24/2010, 08:40 PM
Name, Rec, yards, ypc, tds
Donnie Avery 47 589 12.5 50 5
Danny Amendola 43 326 7.6 25 1
Brandon Gibson 34 348 10.2 23 1
Keenan Burton 25 253 10.1 25 0

TO last year on a bad team with unstable QB play because of injuries and just bad QBs.

55 rec, 829 yards, 15.1 ypc, 5 TDs

Sam will need someone to have a breakout season for sure. Partly reflects the terrible line protection for Rams Qb's last year.

By the way, righteous avatar Nick...

Collier11
7/24/2010, 08:40 PM
With the Rams he would be basically the only one they could throw it to

swardboy
7/24/2010, 08:44 PM
I have high hopes for Marty Gilyard to perform well there...they've got some new blood and wideouts too. Plus that bb player who played one year at Houston as a TE...he's a monster athlete...Onobun?

TXBOOMER
7/24/2010, 08:45 PM
Title is pretty scary. Please reserve such drama for Sooner news. T.O. is a dikbag.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/25/2010, 01:49 AM
I would definitely like to see the Rams take a chance on this guy! His attitude seems to have gotten alot better from what I've heard. Statistically, last year was one of his worst seasons. Maybe he could have a Randy Moss-like comeback???

Leroy Lizard
7/25/2010, 02:48 AM

I don't like where this is going.

soonerboomer93
7/25/2010, 03:08 AM

I was very disappointed that me and the lady didn't get to see you guys last season....:(

so that's what you're calling your left hand now...

JLEW1818
7/25/2010, 10:36 AM
umm. I'm more of a right handed kinda guy

rawlingsHOH
7/25/2010, 11:02 AM
doens't make sense to me. seems like a revenue/interest ploy.

PLaw
7/25/2010, 11:33 AM
Rams are seriously interested in T.O. If he f***s with Sam, I say we burn his house down.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5407084

Sez everything you need to know about the St. Louis front office. If they are willing to risk the development of a $40-50MM investment on the tired legs of an over the hill head case that has a strong track record of not being able to work with some fairly solid pro QB's, then so be it.

Since Sam has not signed a contract, then I would say that he could almost use the courting of TO as a bargaining chip in his negotiations.

Say it ain't so.

BOOMER

Leroy Lizard
7/25/2010, 12:06 PM
Sam's multi-million dollar contract is in jeopardy!!

http://www.robdurdle.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/tribbles-woman-screaming.jpg

texaspokieokie
7/25/2010, 12:27 PM
TO has burned his bridges every he has been. maybe not in buffalo.

maybe he's better now, he (possibly) has realized how much he's hurt himself.

i wouldn't take him.

not getting any younger.

just can't keep his BIG mouth shut.

Leroy Lizard
7/25/2010, 12:54 PM
Since Sam has not signed a contract, then I would say that he could almost use the courting of TO as a bargaining chip in his negotiations.

At the risk of making it look like I give a flying **** about Sam's contractual issues, that comment makes no sense. How does the courting of TO play into Sam's bargaining position?

SouthFortySooner
7/25/2010, 01:35 PM
Title is pretty scary. Please reserve such drama for Sooner news. T.O. is a dikbag.

Felt the same way. I thought Bomar had kicked me in the gut again.

oudavid1
7/25/2010, 01:38 PM
I thought this was the Sooner Football board?

JLEW1818
7/25/2010, 01:39 PM
it's the offseason

not much to talk about.

CrimsonJim
7/25/2010, 01:55 PM
At the risk of making it look like I give a flying **** about Sam's contractual issues, that comment makes no sense. How does the courting of TO play into Sam's bargaining position?

If Sam didn't want TO to be a Ram, he could say "hell no, or I'm not signing." I believe that's what PLaw was referring to. Sam has leverage if he chooses to use it.

SoonerLB
7/25/2010, 01:59 PM
I would prefer that Sam be cancer free. Just sayin' .....

Leroy Lizard
7/25/2010, 02:07 PM
If Sam didn't want TO to be a Ram, he could say "hell no, or I'm not signing."

He can refuse to sign anyway, TO or no TO.

If anything, the TO situation plays into the Ram's hands.

CrimsonJim
7/25/2010, 05:21 PM
He can refuse to sign anyway, TO or no TO.

Ya think?!! :rolleyes:

If anything, the TO situation plays into the Ram's hands.

Not if they're at odds with Sam over the TO situation, one way or the other. If the Rams want TO and Sam does not, I believe the leverage would be on Sam's side. It would be interesting to see what others think on this possibility.

Leroy Lizard
7/25/2010, 06:25 PM
Ya think?!! :rolleyes:

Not if they're at odds with Sam over the TO situation, one way or the other. If the Rams want TO and Sam does not, I believe the leverage would be on Sam's side. It would be interesting to see what others think on this possibility.

Being at odds with Sam isn't going to open their purse strings. If they don't think Sam is worth $40 million now, they're not going to change their mind because Sam doesn't want to play with TO.

soonerfromgeorgia
7/25/2010, 06:45 PM
I like Sam a lot as a QB, but I don't think any rookie is worth 40m. I think they (NFL) should have a rookie pay structure to let them earn their money unlike a Jamarcus Russell.

CrimsonJim
7/25/2010, 06:54 PM
Being at odds with Sam isn't going to open their purse strings. If they don't think Sam is worth $40 million now, they're not going to change their mind because Sam doesn't want to play with TO.

Being at odds with Sam isn't going to prohibit them from opening up their purse strings either. I still wish others would chime in with their thoughts on this, because you and I are simply going to have to agree to disagree. ;)

Leroy Lizard
7/25/2010, 07:04 PM
Being at odds with Sam isn't going to prohibit them from opening up their purse strings either. I still wish others would chime in with their thoughts on this, because you and I are simply going to have to agree to disagree. ;)

You don't even have an argument. You stated "If the Rams want TO and Sam does not, I believe the leverage would be on Sam's side" with no rational basis for stating why the leverage would be on Sam's side.

You said earlier that Sam could just say no. Sure, but they can as well. So where's the leverage?

bluedogok
7/25/2010, 07:26 PM
I like Sam a lot as a QB, but I don't think any rookie is worth 40m. I think they (NFL) should have a rookie pay structure to let them earn their money unlike a Jamarcus Russell.
That's not the way it is now, so it doesn't really matter what we think. Although, that may be a point of contention in the negotiations and could very well be a leading bargaining point in the looming lockout after this season.

As far as Terrell, no one should sign him to more than a one year deal. He seems to do great in his first year and becomes a cancer after the year.

Salt City Sooner
7/25/2010, 07:46 PM
That's not the way it is now, so it doesn't really matter what we think. Although, that may be a point of contention in the negotiations and could very well be a leading bargaining point in the looming lockout after this season.

As far as Terrell, no one should sign him to more than a one year deal. He seems to do great in his first year and becomes a cancer after the year.
This, & esp. in St. Louis' case. With Green, Floyd, Baldwin, & Jones, there are going to be some good choices at WR when their turn in next year's draft comes up.

Leroy Lizard
7/25/2010, 07:55 PM

That's actually an example of leverage: Don't sign with us, and next year you might be only able to get $300,000 per year.

sooner94
7/26/2010, 05:34 PM

He is worth (from a football perspective) what a team is willing to pay.