PDA

View Full Version : DeJuan Miller

oudavid1
7/23/2010, 11:47 PM
There is talk of him becoming our redzone threat. Hes 6-4/6-5 according to different sites and he was the New Jersey State Champion in hurdles, so he can move and jump. As long as his hands stay consistent and he blocks well, i like this move.

But i always wanna know what you guys think.

Eielson
7/23/2010, 11:50 PM
If you're as tall as Miller is and not a redzone threat, then something is wrong.

oudavid1
7/23/2010, 11:57 PM
If you're as tall as Miller is and not a redzone threat, then something is wrong.

well he wasnt last year so now its been said that he will be used as a "(super) flex player" sort of like Gresham was. Of course he is not Jermaine and dosnt have the size (Jermaine 6-6, 250) and pretty good hands and block ability. So i hope he is able to create his own mis-matches like JG did.

gaylordfan1
7/23/2010, 11:58 PM
I personally like D. Miller. I really didn't hear about him until the beginning of last season and thought he was going to be a stud. I can't recall what it was that kept him from being on the field at the beginning of the season, but I think it had to do with work ethic. Anyways, I expected more from him, But he progressed as the season went on. A lot had to do with confidence i'm sure. I'm just waiting to see him break open on the slant like he started to many different times last year.... always seemed to be tripped up by a shoe string tackle. He has speed... we know that. I just cant see how he hasn't made more big plays.
Now, him being OUr redzone threat? I think it can work. He has the size. He only has to learn to position himself and catch the ball.... That simple. I will give him the benefit of the doubt starting the season. PPPlease, don't let me down.... OUs down Dejuan!

gaylordfan1
7/24/2010, 12:00 AM
well he wasnt last year so now its been said that he will be used as a "(super) flex player" sort of like Gresham was. Of course he is not Jermaine and dosnt have the size (Jermaine 6-6, 250) and pretty good hands and block ability. So i hope he is able to create his own mis-matches like JG did.

Man, I always was thinking he should be used this way last season.... The flex position like we used Gesh. I guess his blocking was suspect.

Soonerus
7/24/2010, 12:03 AM
He may be an All-American this year !!!

oudavid1
7/24/2010, 12:08 AM
He may be an All-American this year !!!

I hope so, i really want his stats to just be alot of receptions and TDs.

gaylordfan1
7/24/2010, 12:13 AM
We need someone else to take LJ's eyes off Broyles. Don't even think that the defenses we will face next year won't try to lock down on Broyles. I'm sure I'm not the only one that noticed last year that Jones was looking at Broyles first.... and looking at Broyles second.... and looking Broyles third.... Then out to the flat to DM. Hopefully having the spring/summer/fall with Heupel has changed and worked on his progression.

oudavid1
7/24/2010, 12:23 AM
Agreed!

ndpruitt03
7/24/2010, 12:26 AM

Unless there's something right with Broyles. He's so good at getting open in just about any situation.

BoomerJoeDon
7/24/2010, 12:42 AM
He is going to be one guy we will depend on.

Shakadoodoo
7/24/2010, 07:06 AM
I hope he steps up, as well as others - It would not matter if we had Elway as a quarterback if no one can catch the damn ball!

Eielson
7/24/2010, 02:05 PM
Unless there's something right with Broyles. He's so good at getting open in just about any situation.

I didn't say you had to be Miller's size to be a redzone threat.

OK2U
7/24/2010, 04:55 PM
Aside from a couple of nice moves against KSU and Nebraska, he needs to work on his yards after contact. He seems to go down too easily for such a big dude.

oudavid1
7/25/2010, 01:41 PM
Hes bug but he dosnt really seem to be buff......Shhhhmidtyyyyy!!!!

Scott D
7/25/2010, 01:44 PM
Some of that will depend on how far past a single read offense Landry Jones has gotten.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/25/2010, 09:48 PM
After listening to heupel talk about him, I hope he just gets consistent... Forget everything else

gaylordfan1
7/25/2010, 09:50 PM
After listening to heupel talk about him, I hope he just gets consistent... Forget everything else

Do they have a video somewhere of Heupel talking about the WR's? If so please share. If not what did he have to say.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/26/2010, 12:32 AM
Heupel was on the radio and they were naming off individuals and he was giving thoughts...of course he wasn't gonna get real negative but 2 guys he chose his words carefully over were Madu and Miller.. Pretty much said that there is a reason those guys weren't consistently seeing the field last year and said they seem to different players from one practice to the next...said both of them have a thing of not working hard enough sometimes

again, he was watching what he said but their was a hint of disappointment in his voice when talking about those two in particular

gaylordfan1
7/26/2010, 12:34 AM
DANG!

stoops the eternal pimp
7/26/2010, 12:41 AM
Well, miller can still grow out of it.. Heupel kind of put it like they think they are better than they are sometimes just because they put the OU uniform on..

Madu IMO isn't that important to the offense but I'd love to see Miller step it up

gaylordfan1
7/26/2010, 01:01 AM
I agree. Madu (and I love the kid for what he has done) seems to have been outgrown by the offense. He just doesn't fit anywhere. And, I think the coaches have tried putting him in places to give him the best fit to get playing time.... and it just hasn't worked out. He was nonexistent at slot and was sub-par on ST.

Now, Miller has a lot of upside. His size and speed place him in a different category at WR. But, it's all about if you utilize what God gave ya. He showed progression through the games last season. I hate to hear that he may have fallen back into his past tendencies. I think that is what set him back last year was is back work ethic. Well, lets just see what he can do this season. Could be great, could be bad....

gaylordfan1
7/26/2010, 05:16 AM
Commitment > Entitlement!

OK2U
7/26/2010, 11:19 AM
Isn't the rumor on Miller that he didn't perform well in practice, which is why he didn't make it onto the field a lot during the first half of last season?

can't remember where I heard/read that, but i/ think it was on SF somewhere.

MojoRisen
7/26/2010, 11:23 AM
I have heard players talk about him having super star capabilities. I expect big things this year from Miller.

rawlingsHOH
7/26/2010, 11:30 AM
Isn't the rumor on Miller that he didn't perform well in practice, which is why he didn't make it onto the field a lot during the first half of last season?

can't remember where I heard/read that, but i/ think it was on SF somewhere.

yes. i'll take that guy on my team any day, regardless!

OK2U
7/26/2010, 11:50 AM
We need to work on the fade to the corner of the endzone.
We haven't run it successfully on a consistent basis in a while.
ENA probably had a better touch than Bradford on that play, IMO.
(see the 3:10 mark here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXxq2H62QMI)
Kelly was a great target, and hopefully Miller can be too.

rawlingsHOH
7/26/2010, 12:06 PM
We need to work on the fade to the corner of the endzone.
We haven't run it successfully on a consistent basis in a while.
ENA probably had a better touch than Bradford on that play, IMO.
(see the 3:10 mark here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXxq2H62QMI)
Kelly was a great target, and hopefully Miller can be too.

i'd like to see a stat analysis on the fade. i'm thinking it isn't a very good percentage play. especially from inside the 5.