PDA

View Full Version : Sports Nation Burst Your Bubble: Oklahoma

HBick
7/23/2010, 04:48 PM
Cowherd just said "I know everybody is high on Oklahoma, but I gotta tell ya, Texas has their number, has the momentum, I like the young quarterback for Texas more than the young quarterbackS for Oklahoma, I think everybody is missing out here, I think they'll win their the majority of their games but the Big XII has kind of eroded this year, so Beadle, burst their bubble."

Also added this, "They are on the road against Mizzou and Oklahoma State, etc..."

He said it would be too much for Oklahoma to replace Sam, Germaine, Trent and Gerald in that order mind you. But hey we're use to the haters, so it's nothing new, especially with Cowherd, but thought I'd pass it along.

Collier11
7/23/2010, 04:50 PM
as much as I typically cant stand Cowherd, on this one he is correct. OU has to prove we can beat texas again before we are the favorite.

As far as the QBs, that is retarded, Gilbert had one significant game and sucked for the most part, Landry while up n down had a really good freshman season and played in every game

texaspokieokie
7/23/2010, 04:51 PM
i don't think cow pattie is all that knowledgable.

HBick
7/23/2010, 04:51 PM
Now that I posted that, I find it interesting how much faith people have in Gilbert. And I'm not knocking him for his performance in the Rose Bowl. We haven't seen much, neither have these people. I like that we are almost under the radar if you will, but can anyone tell me about the Tejas's offensive line? I think we can agree that a solid offensive line is key to a young quarterback's success.

Lott's Bandana
7/23/2010, 04:52 PM
I'd be more shocked if the SUC tool said something nice about us.

And the whorn tool? Please. What a team ESPN put together.

Move along, nothing to see here.

badger
7/23/2010, 05:03 PM
I am sure Gilbert will improve during the offseason compared to getting thrown in to the title game against Bammer.

However, don't discount the fact that none of the current Sooners (unless we have some redshirt Jason Whites out there) have experienced a RRS win. I think that will drive them to really, really want it this year. They really wanted it last year, but the shock of losing Sammie again was tough to overcome.

Collier11
7/23/2010, 05:06 PM
We beat ut 3 seasons ago in 07, we have lost two in a row, ALOT of current Sooners have experienced a win over texas

badger
7/23/2010, 05:15 PM
We beat ut 3 seasons ago in 07, we have lost two in a row, ALOT of current Sooners have experienced a win over texas

you're right... it just seems like awhile the way whorns are talking. oh the whorror :eek:

Eielson
7/23/2010, 05:19 PM
The only thing wrong with what he said was the young quarterbacks part.

Collier11
7/23/2010, 05:21 PM
Quit agreeing with me A-Hole

:D

Curly Bill
7/23/2010, 05:27 PM
Other than not seeing all the faith in Gilbert, because it hasn't been proven he deserves it, I don't see much wrong with what he said.

...and yeah I know a couple of you guys said basically the same thing. :D

badger
7/23/2010, 05:40 PM
If UT sucks this year (which in all likelihood they will once conference season starts), UT fans will just patiently (haha) wait a year till they can return to McCoy-to-Shipley passing of the balls.

Oh man... did I just type that...

CrimsonJim
7/23/2010, 05:43 PM
Other than not seeing all the faith in Gilbert, because it hasn't been proven he deserves it, I don't see much wrong with what he said.

Is there an echo in here...in here......in here............in here...........

Curly Bill
7/23/2010, 05:47 PM
Is there an echo in here...in here......in here............in here...........

I think it's just you with that ginormous cranial cavity, and so little to fill it. :D

CrimsonJim
7/23/2010, 05:49 PM
I think it's just you with that ginormous cranial cavity, and so little to fill it. :D

Story of my life... :O

Curly Bill
7/23/2010, 05:51 PM
LOL :D

huskerland
7/23/2010, 06:06 PM
Don't listen to Cowhers!
Is Nebraska really becoming Oklahoma?

Are Husker fans realy becoming like Oklahoma fans? This Texas writer think so! See bottom links!

It's not as much about the one second as it is about all of the times Texas shold have lost to the Huskers! What luck they have! This year it runs out and they lose to both Sooners and the Huskers . then we will sit back and watch the Melt down, remember everything is bigger in Texas! Sooner fans ,we Husker fans will get our shot at texas but, we'll see OU in the title game!

Go huskers!
Go sooners!

http://insidetexas.com/news/story.php?article=2519

Rebuttle:
http://bigrednetwork.com/archives/2010/07/a_rebuttal_to_mike_blackwell_i.html

I like this rebutle better!
http://jackandjohn.wordpress.com/2010/07/23/dear-children-of-the-horn/

Eielson
7/23/2010, 06:33 PM

If Collier and I agree on it, everybody might as well.

Curly Bill
7/23/2010, 06:37 PM
If Collier and I agree on it, everybody might as well.

LOL, no kidding. :D

yankee
7/23/2010, 06:40 PM
http://memegenerator.net/Colin-Cowherd/ImageMacro/1773128/Colin-Cowherd-Hurrr-Im-a-Herd.jpg

goingoneight
7/23/2010, 06:46 PM
The only thing wrong with what he said was the young quarterbacks part.

Well... that, and that replacing Sam Bradford and Jermaine Gresham was too difficult for the 2010 team, who didn't play either of them in 2009. And pretty much anything else Cowherd has to say about OU...

westbrooke
7/23/2010, 06:47 PM
I take issue with his characterization of "everybody's" opinion of us. I think he's saying what pretty much everyone else, outside of Phil Steele, is saying. The local writers may have voted us the favorite in the Big 12 South, but the national personalities are saying what Cowherd is saying nearly verbatim. We all seem to agree, too. So why does Cowherd need to put up some straw man "consensus" to make it look like he's cutting against the grain?

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
7/23/2010, 08:36 PM
...Cow-turd's voice just cracked again!

He must be going through puberty!

What a tool.

BosworthXXXL
7/23/2010, 10:33 PM
Cowherd just said "I know everybody is high on Oklahoma, but I gotta tell ya, Texas has their number, has the momentum, I like the young quarterback for Texas more than the young quarterbackS for Oklahoma, I think everybody is missing out here, I think they'll win their the majority of their games but the Big XII has kind of eroded this year, so Beadle, burst their bubble."

Also added this, "They are on the road against Mizzou and Oklahoma State, etc..."

He said it would be too much for Oklahoma to replace Sam, Germaine, Trent and Gerald in that order mind you. But hey we're use to the haters, so it's nothing new, especially with Cowherd, but thought I'd pass it along.

we replaced Bradford and Gresham LAST YEAR, THEY DIDN'T PLAY

what a moron

we have the farm (McFarland) to fill McCoy's big shoes....and I think he's gonna be a good one

and our O line will be much better

we're winning it all

oudavid1
7/23/2010, 11:40 PM
Cowherd just said "I know everybody is high on Oklahoma, but I gotta tell ya, Texas has their number, has the momentum,"

True, very true. And Texas (eww) does sorta kinda 'have our number' but i dont believe this year things will be the same. And momentum dosnt mean sh** 12 months later(so i disagree).

"I like the young quarterback for Texas more than the young quarterbackS for Oklahoma"

I can see this, Landry is great and has great potential, but so does Garret (God i sound like one of them, but im not). I personally think Landry will be better but dont undersell Garrett.

"I think everybody is missing out here, I think they'll win their the majority of their games but the Big XII has kind of eroded this year, so Beadle, burst their bubble."

I think 'everyone' who cares isnt missing anything. And the Big 12 did lose power in OSU and Tech. But A&M should better competition.

Mizzou is defiantly a game to look at, but OSU is not. I honestly believe that from what i know now, OSU is replacing 9 starters on defense. Im not worried at all.

HBick
7/24/2010, 01:58 AM
Well said oudavid1, I really think that most of Cowherd's comments stem from his lack of knowledge about our team. Now why he doesn't (read: chooses) not to know the information is a real question. Beadle doesn't help, even though that whorn went to UT at Arlington (wannabe!). But it's okay, things work out best for us when we are under the radar. If we can get to the Texas game on October 2nd as an "underdog" we'll be golden in the eyes of the media.

Mack and Company know what we have this year, this team is loaded, albeit with some unproven entities, but on paper we are one scary team. 6 All Big XII's. We even got one from the OL (Good) which is an accomplishment in it self considering all the injuries and moves we had last year.

Hell I failed a class last semester so I could hang around for one more football season. If that doesn't scream believer I don't know what does!

HBick
7/24/2010, 02:02 AM
Hell I failed a class last semester so I could hang around for one more football season. If that doesn't scream believer I don't know what does!
And this gets a quote from me because it is expensive to stick around for one more football season, but it is money well spent.

We already booked rooms just in case, because for some reason all the kids I've talked too feel more confident than usual too. But we'll known soon enough. I can't freaking wait for this season, now that most of the kids my age are gone (Sam, Germaine, Reynolds etc...) I feel like an alum, but luckily I still get more season of acting like a college kid.

MeMyself&Me
7/24/2010, 03:16 AM
Whenever someone talks/writes about how OU is going to have to deal with replacing Bradford and/or Gresham this coming season, I stop listening/reading. I guess that means I don't read that much of Lid's posts anymore... oh well.

Shakadoodoo
7/24/2010, 07:00 AM
I like it better when there are not such high expectations for us - then we can just go out and play without the immense amount of pressure that those youngsters may not be ready for yet. Plus we can use ignorant comments like those for motivation.

swardboy
7/24/2010, 07:13 AM
Boom ShakaDOODOO !!!!!!!

rawlingsHOH
7/24/2010, 09:41 AM

that worked real well for us in 2005, didn't it?

thumbs down

Jacie
7/24/2010, 10:17 AM
The question was asked early in the thread about the sa*et O-line.

They have a proven LT in Hix and plenty of game experience at the other line spots.

Since they are adjusting the offense to run the ball more (i.e. qb taking the snap from under the center instead of out of the shotgun), I think they will have an easier time blocking for Gilby than for Ponyboy.

The unknown is whether there is a marquee rb looking to step up from the committee of "good enough" guys to have a 1000+ yard season.

OU_Sooners75
7/24/2010, 11:31 AM
Don't listen to Cowhers!

Are Husker fans realy becoming like Oklahoma fans? This Texas writer think so! See bottom links!

It's not as much about the one second as it is about all of the times Texas shold have lost to the Huskers! What luck they have! This year it runs out and they lose to both Sooners and the Huskers . then we will sit back and watch the Melt down, remember everything is bigger in Texas! Sooner fans ,we Husker fans will get our shot at texas but, we'll see OU in the title game!

Go huskers!
Go sooners!

Rebuttle:

Here is my favorite rebuttal:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/424473-what-he-said-a-rebuttal-to-mr-mike-blackwells-article

TahoeSOONER
7/24/2010, 01:35 PM
The question was asked early in the thread about the sa*et O-line.

They have a proven LT in Hix and plenty of game experience at the other line spots.

Since they are adjusting the offense to run the ball more (i.e. qb taking the snap from under the center instead of out of the shotgun), I think they will have an easier time blocking for Gilby than for Ponyboy.

The unknown is whether there is a marquee rb looking to step up from the committee of "good enough" guys to have a 1000+ yard season.

I don't care who they throw back there because I have a feeling the young LB core is ready to light some people up. I think everyone knows Gilbert will be a solid QB down the line but I'm not sold they have a go to WR and their group as a whole doesn't really impress me. * will have the talent and a nasty defense but I think they're young in key spots and will have a thin Dline. We need to run the damn ball at them.

I think its a good game but OU and Nebraska will beat * this year.

A gaggle of unknowns for both programs so who's going to step up?

OU will.

silverwheels
7/24/2010, 01:55 PM
People actually watch Sports Nation?

HBick
7/24/2010, 02:31 PM
There ain't s*** on television at 3pm on weekdays during the summer.

silverwheels
7/24/2010, 05:05 PM
That's what pr0n is for.

GKeeper316
7/24/2010, 08:49 PM
the cows do not "have our number". the team they fielded, that played bama for the mnc, could still only beat our 2nd and third string by 3 points last year...

stoopified
7/24/2010, 09:23 PM
Losing 4 out of 5 to UT does make it seem like forever since we won. I prefer the underdog role this year anyway.

Collier11
7/24/2010, 09:27 PM
the cows do not "have our number". the team they fielded, that played bama for the mnc, could still only beat our 2nd and third string by 3 points last year...

4 of 5 is a pretty solid trend

ouwasp
7/24/2010, 11:21 PM

Yes... and as the Red River war has historically been a series of streaks, OU is only due to its rightful 3-4 in a row. Or maybe 10 :D

I old enough (47) to realize... Back in the early part of this decade, when the Sooners were thrashing the horns, that the good thing could not last forever. Well, the bad cannot last forever either...losing again to tex may seem like eternal hell, but it ain't...

Perhaps indeed the time has come for a Sooner streak.

Salt City Sooner
7/25/2010, 01:03 AM
Losing 4 out of 5 to UT does make it seem like forever since we won. I prefer the underdog role this year anyway.
Might want to re-think that. 2008 is the only time in Stoops vs. Brown that the consensus higher ranked team didn't win (IIRC, in '00, the polls had the 2 teams flip-flopped, but not sure).

http://soonerstats.com/football/series/details.cfm?OppID=7

HBick
7/26/2010, 03:37 PM
God this show sucks so much. They invited Mack Brown on and they are giving Texas merchandise to Cowherd and Beadle. Cowherd is sucking on Gilbert's d*** too.

Cowherd just said it again, I think Texas's QB is better than Oklahoma's qbS. Why does he insist on referring to them as quarterbacks? We know who the starter is, he played in every game for us last season.

And now they are asking SN questions, Who will be the better NFL QB Vince or Colt. Where is my third option for none of the above?

And I tried to say there was nothing else on television to watch, but I'm done. No longer will I watch this trash.

cheezyq
7/26/2010, 03:51 PM
I don't care if what he says is right or not. As the saying goes, "even a blind squirrel finds a nut". Cowturd is a pompous gasbag and all he's doing here is rephrasing something that about a dozen other writers have said just to **** off a fanbase and get some hatemail...aka "publicity".

Listening to Cowturd is like watching re-runs of a sitcom, but instead they replaced all the actors with monkeys. The overall content is the same as what you've already seen before, but with screaming and poo-flinging added.

HBick
7/26/2010, 03:54 PM
Listening to Cowturd is like watching re-runs of a sitcom, but instead they replaced all the actors with monkeys. The overall content is the same as what you've already seen before, but with screaming and poo-flinging added.

Wow, that's pretty accurate. No sarcasm.

Ground_Attack
7/26/2010, 08:45 PM

dude, you owe me a new keyboard. That's funny, I don't care who you are!

soonersnlakers
7/27/2010, 11:54 PM
Colin is the best in the game at what he does....greet show...he is right alot, just hopefully not here.

OU_Sooners75
7/28/2010, 12:33 AM
Here is a good quote that Colin needs to learn and probably understand:

“The odds are always against you no matter what your previous history is. You have to overcome the tendency to relax.” -Tom Osborne

oudavid1
7/28/2010, 03:35 AM

Dosnt it make us 6 out of the last 10. Just sayin.

SoonerShay
4/18/2011, 02:52 PM
Bump

DarrellZero
4/18/2011, 03:20 PM
Bump

Would this be the "oh what a difference a year can make" type of bump?

usaosooner
4/18/2011, 03:21 PM
Bump

Necrobump is epic.. Eff Cowherd

oudavid1
4/18/2011, 10:18 PM
Did Cowherd talk about OU today?

goingoneight
4/19/2011, 06:54 PM
Cowturd and his buddy Brown Chip are really looking professional these days, huh?

btb916
4/19/2011, 07:54 PM
I started reading this before looking at the date. It was much funnier when I thought it was from today.

sooner518
4/19/2011, 08:38 PM
Cowherd is a pathetic parody of himself. I cant stand any of those ESPNRadio guys.

SoonerOX
4/19/2011, 08:51 PM
Wow, they were so wrong. Cow Turd is such a tool.

Quik Sand
4/19/2011, 10:05 PM
I started reading this before looking at the date. It was much funnier when I thought it was from today.As did I...then I was like no way that is from today. :D

Mad Dog Madsen
4/20/2011, 08:29 AM
I hate the offseason...

VA Sooner
4/20/2011, 08:45 AM
At least this off-season has a lot more to offer than last year's...

Mad Dog Madsen
4/20/2011, 08:59 AM
Heh. Not by much...

LiveLaughLove
4/20/2011, 11:43 AM
Cowherd is a pathetic parody of himself. I cant stand any of those ESPNRadio guys.

or the parody-ish TV guys (and gals) also.

It's like watching/listening to SNL make fun of ESPN.

Chuck Bao
4/20/2011, 12:32 PM
Don't listen to Cowhers!

Go huskers!
Go sooners!

Rebuttle:

I just love the last couple of sentences from the last link, especially since I did get to go to the last Big XII championship game and celebrate a victory with some of my bestest friends. Thanks for bumping this thread.