PDA

View Full Version : UTexas RULES over Ou

TexasLidig8r
7/23/2010, 08:19 AM
As the off-season approaches its glorious end, and the dog days of July give way to August and... the color..the pageantry of college football....

Just a reminder of things past

and things to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgbD5hgRBWA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbSaXAEoYvQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aLUWAzDAfc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SogNb3D5bIw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFGC74qTAG8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnb9Et5lVnc&feature=related

SoonerBacker
7/23/2010, 08:22 AM
http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~trj/comparing_ou_ut.html

Mad Dog Madsen
7/23/2010, 08:27 AM
Haha whatever helps you sleep at night...

Mississippi Sooner
7/23/2010, 08:28 AM
Red River smack seems to be getting an early start this year.

Lott's Bandana
7/23/2010, 08:32 AM
Yeah...seems like yesterday we were playing in the College World Series.

ddub0224
7/23/2010, 08:33 AM
Well played SoonerBacker. Facts outweigh selective YouTube highlights. Guess he feels the need to look forward to our game since ut always play one of the nation's easiest pre-conference schedules.

badger
7/23/2010, 08:39 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/2001/1015_large.jpg
http://images.dawgsports.com/images/admin/Chris_Simms_pwn3d_by_Roy_Williams.jpg
http://www.ericscards.com/si102102.jpg
http://images.cbssports.com/images/collegefootball/griffin2002.jpg
http://www.austinchronicle.com/binary/ea47/sad_vince.JPG
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0810/cfb.oklahoma.texas.rivalry/images/Malcolm-Kelly.2007.jpg

So you've won 3 of the last 4. You've also won 3 of the last 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

Now I know this is about the time that you chime in that you've been winning this game since before you decided that black players were allowed on your team. This is then where we remind each other that in football, conference and national championships are harder to earn than a win over a single team.
http://www.k955.com/sports/ouchamps/world.jpg
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2008/sioncampus/10/03/mythbusters/bob-stoops-p1.jpg

We lead Texas in football where it matters - championships.

BosworthXXXL
7/23/2010, 08:48 AM
this year will start another streak of Oklahoma victories of texass

Mississippi Sooner
7/23/2010, 08:51 AM
Man, Badger puts those picture stories together in a hurry.

I guess my google skillz just aren't that good. :gary:

Edit: Well, plus, I'm usually posting at work. To be honest, all the time I spend on here is stolen time.

TexasLidig8r
7/23/2010, 08:53 AM
So you've won 3 of the last 4. You've also won 3 of the last 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

Actually.. it's 4 out of the last 5.

We lead Texas in football where it matters - probations.

True dat...

Then.. there's always this memorable clip....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5514hBeIGCs

badger
7/23/2010, 08:56 AM
Man, Badger puts those picture stories together in a hurry.

I guess my google skillz just aren't that good. :gary:

We have this argument every year. We used to have avatar bets every year till he went crazy here and the mods temporarily banned him. Now he's back and not as crazy, but still as pro-Texas as ever, as could be expected by a whorn.

Yes, UT has the head-to-head lead in us of all time. As I've established (every year, sigh) this includes games that were before the modern era, when programs became integrated.

Yes, UT has won four of the most recent five (sorry Lid, it all blends together after awhile) games against us. They have also won four of the ten most recent games against us. Woot, woot.

Yes, UT won the conference title last year and was in the national championship game. As will continue to be the argument till UT can take the conference they allegedly own more often, OU has more football championships, conference and national, than UT. This is what matters most in football - championships. Nothing comes close, not even a golden hat and bragging rights on the Internet.

w0lfe
7/23/2010, 08:57 AM
He has just got to start his smack and get what he can in before texas gets their *** kicked this year

badger
7/23/2010, 09:02 AM
probation, hurr hurr

Keep that up and we'll get you confused with the other pussies in orange. :stunned:

Speaking of Skoal Brother Earl Campbell, we also lead you in Heisman Trophies... and with the exception of Billy Sims, whom we love and cherish dearly, they are all Oklahoma natives, so don't go pulling the "only win with recruits from the state of Texas" argument this time around, please.

sooner518
7/23/2010, 09:03 AM
We lead Texas in football where it matters - probations.

ah yes, the eternal aggy mantra:
"dem gooners musta been cheatin!!! we win games without cheatin I tell ya!"

i thought UT was above that. guess not

Mississippi Sooner
7/23/2010, 09:05 AM
I guess good arguments could be made for several different definitions of "modern era." Mine is pretty simple. It starts immediately after World War II, when colleges moved away from the single wing and moved to the T or split-T. I know this also happens to be the exact same time that OU rose to become the greatest force on earth since the Roman Empire, but that's a coincidence. To me, it just happens to be when what we now think of as football really started.

Yeah, Texas has a lot of wins over us back in the leather helmet days, or even the no helmet days when we were playing the likes of Kingfisher College every year. Yippee.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/23/2010, 09:09 AM
Keep that up and we'll get you confused with the other pussies in orange. :stunned:

Speaking of Skoal Brother Earl Campbell, we also lead you in Heisman Trophies... and with the exception of Billy Sims, whom we love and cherish dearly, they are all Oklahoma natives, so don't go pulling the "only win with recruits from the state of Texas" argument this time around, please.

LMAO! That's some real smack right there! I never knew you had it in ya!

Mississippi Sooner
7/23/2010, 09:12 AM
WHY DRAG US INTO IT??? [hairGel]

TexasLidig8r
7/23/2010, 09:12 AM
I guess good arguments could be made for several different definitions of "modern era." Mine is pretty simple. It starts immediately after World War II, when colleges moved away from the single wing and moved to the T or split-T. I know this also happens to be the exact same time that OU rose to become the greatest force on earth since the Roman Empire, but that's a coincidence. To me, it just happens to be when what we now think of as football really started.

Yeah, Texas has a lot of wins over us back in the leather helmet days, or even the no helmet days when we were playing the likes of Kingfisher College every year. Yippee.

I choose to not disrespect those athletes who toiled, sweated and gave their all for my university before 1950 just because that date supports an argument by deminimizing their accomplishments and work ethic.

Those athletes who played in a more arguably dangerous era, without the equipment and rules which provide more of a modicum of safety today worked just as hard and gave just as much as the athlete today.

Mississippi Sooner
7/23/2010, 09:16 AM
I choose to not disrespect those athletes who toiled, sweated and gave their all for my university before 1950 just because that date supports an argument by deminimizing their accomplishments and work ethic.

Those athletes who played in a more arguably dangerous era, without the equipment and rules which provide more of a modicum of safety today worked just as hard and gave just as much as the athlete today.

I totally respect what Bennie Owen did to lay the foundation for our football program back in the early days of the game.

At the same time, I don't count his undefeated teams from 1911 or 1915 as being national champions as someone from, oh I don't know, Alabama might do.

TexasLidig8r
7/23/2010, 09:20 AM

ah, but there is no denying that Texas athletes have formed the foundational core of many Ou teams. As for Sims.. well.. hmm.. uh... well... at least Bradford represents your school with dignity and class.

As for probations... it is hard to argue that they are not inextricably intertwined with most Ou championships...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7OC0YbG2fek/RkDRYn5lSlI/AAAAAAAAA3k/Ts28hr876YQ/s1600/OU2.jpg

SoonerBacker
7/23/2010, 09:21 AM
Since Lid seems to prefer youtube links.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik_plwlZGcs

63-14
65-13
The 2 largest margins of victory in RRS history. Both belonged to the Sooners!

See Lid, we have OUr games to remember, too!

badger
7/23/2010, 09:22 AM

Fine. We have already acknowledged that you have the head-to-head lead. We get it. You pwn the leather head era. Hooray for leatherheads dressed in orange. :mack:

You know what else happened before 1950? Oklahoma quarterback and defensive back Darrell K. Royal led the University of Oklahoma Sooners to a perfect 11-0 record (1949). An Oklahoma native of Hollis, Royal learned under mentor Bud Wilkenson from 46-49.

Bawwww, UT's stadium is named after a Sooner and Oklahoma native.

So, now that we've established the pre-modern era as the time when Royal was a loyal Sooner, do you have a rebuttal, liddo?

Soonerntxs
7/23/2010, 09:27 AM
I must share with you these words for thought. I have found that one thing is true about saXet shortwhorn fusbull fans, ALL of them suffer from this rare disease called: Grandiose delusions or delusions of grandeur. Now, I looked it up and as far a I can tell, I'm no doctor mind ya, there is no cure; but I am thinking that this year we may bottle up a little bit of O and mix it with a little bit U & insert it into the beer and maybe, just maybe the orange glow and deer in the headlamps look, and worshiping of cows may start to fade? However, if not, they will just have to live with this dreadful disease, while the rest of us watch as they continue to chase after our beloved SOONERS RECORDS! :D

LetErRip504225
7/23/2010, 09:31 AM
you'll see what's coming for ya buddy come October in Dallas.

all I hear from my whorn buddies is how good Garrett Gilbert is gonna be. Yeah, he played well against Bama, but LJ has a whole year of experience and showed his potential throughout the year.

With a full year of experience under his belt, I'll take Landry over GG.

Jacie
7/23/2010, 09:34 AM
Royal's legacy should also include that he almost* single-handedly guaranteed Oklahoma would out-recruit sa*et for homegrown players through his white-only attitude when it came to signing kids. The King parlayed this to his advantage to build some of the most awesome teams of the 70's.

*Almost because even though he was the head coach, his actions had the backing of the administration and by default, the sa*et fanbase.

Soonerntxs
7/23/2010, 09:34 AM
Can someone help me out here, is that little ut qb named Gilbert Grape? If so, with LEWIS & CO. We may have wine and not beer come OCTOBER!!!!

Mississippi Sooner
7/23/2010, 09:37 AM
I think their quarterback's name is Minor Applelight.

SoonerAtKU
7/23/2010, 09:40 AM
The best part in any discussion with a Texas fan is KNOWING the feeling they had in their stomachs in 2000 and 2003. You can ask them to think back and remember those games. As long as Stoops and Brown are here, they'll never forget.

sooner518
7/23/2010, 09:41 AM

fine. so we can logically expect that you would freely admit that Princeton, Yale and Harvard are traditionally better football programs than UT seeing as how they ALL have many more national titles than UT. to NOT admit this, you run the risk of minimizing the accomplishments of players from the 1800's. how dare you!

Dan Thompson
7/23/2010, 09:45 AM
I may be wrong on this, but did Darrell Royal play QB at OU? Didn't Mark Brown learn how to coach at OU?

Soonerntxs
7/23/2010, 09:48 AM
I think their quarterback's name is Minor Applelight.

The way the whorns are talkin I really think he may change his name by season opener: (drum roll, please) Saint TIM McCOY or maybe even Sir. YOUNG APPLEORANGE

NormanPride
7/23/2010, 09:51 AM
Lid counts wins from back when they wore leather helmets, feared strange things like the forward pass, and players were often killed by grabbing and hurling them into the line over and over.

We count wins after our proud nation won a world war; after we integrated a previously discriminated race into our wonderful university and football team, and after the game had matured enough so that rule disputes weren't settled in the paved area behind the stadium with "fisticuffs".

SoonerBacker
7/23/2010, 09:55 AM
fine. so we can logically expect that you would freely admit that Princeton, Yale and Harvard are traditionally better football programs than UT seeing as how they ALL have many more national titles than UT. to NOT admit this, you run the risk of minimizing the accomplishments of players from the 1800's. how dare you!

Of course he admits that, sooner518! There's no way Lid would ever contradict himself! :rolleyes:

Mississippi Sooner
7/23/2010, 09:58 AM
Fisticuffs. :D

TexasLidig8r
7/23/2010, 10:20 AM
Fine. We have already acknowledged that you have the head-to-head lead. We get it. You pwn the leather head era. Hooray for leatherheads dressed in orange. :mack:

You know what else happened before 1950? Oklahoma quarterback and defensive back Darrell K. Royal led the University of Oklahoma Sooners to a perfect 11-0 record (1949). An Oklahoma native of Hollis, Royal learned under mentor Bud Wilkenson from 46-49.

Bawwww, UT's stadium is named after a Sooner and Oklahoma native.

So, now that we've established the pre-modern era as the time when Royal was a loyal Sooner, do you have a rebuttal, liddo?

Herein lies the difference between a Texas alum and an Ou fan.

We don't disparage DKR for his roots or where he played.

Unlike Ou fans who cannot admit that Texas players have had a deep and meaningful impact on their program and without such players, Ou would not have the championships it has, we have embraced DKR, are happy he got over his unfortunate upbringing and decided to cherish a much better, happier life.

And, ironically, those posters who trumpet that DKR was a racist, racism more often than not, has its foundation during a person's formulative years, in DKR's case, while he was in Oklahoma. If DKR was a racist, it would have to have been fostered and grown as a result of his Oklahoma environment.

Of course, DKR coached black players at both UDub and with the Edmonton team in the CFL, that UT lifted its ban on black athletes playing varsity sports in 1963, that DKR offered Don Baylor a scholarship before 1969, but he chose to play pro baseball instead. Oh. .and of course, there was another black athlete who walked on to the team in 1968 but was an academic casualty (E. A. Curry). . . then there was Leon O'Neal, who was DKR's first black scholarship athlete the same year.

Rosey Leaks in 1971 and Earl in 1974 have never mentioned, let alone implied, that DKR was a racist.

But again.. don't let the facts get in the way of some good, ole fashioned, aggy-like group think. :rolleyes:

NormanPride
7/23/2010, 10:24 AM
Who in this thread called DKR a racist? Noobs don't count.

ddub0224
7/23/2010, 10:31 AM
How many whorn alumni have been arrested this offseason?

badger
7/23/2010, 10:33 AM
Unlike Ou fans who cannot admit that Texas players have had a deep and meaningful impact on their program and without such players, Ou would not have the championships it has, we have embraced DKR, are happy he got over his unfortunate upbringing and decided to cherish a much better, happier life.

Lid, we have tons of alumni living and working in the state of Texas and we don't detract the fact that we have had many quality players do the opposite of what Darrell K. Royal did - leave the state of Texas for OU. These players from the state of Texas got over their unfortunate upbringing and decided to cherish a much better, happier life at the University of Oklahoma.

The problem starts when UT, aTm et al try to take ownership of said recruits just because their universities happen to reside in the same state that these players are from.

By your same DKR logic, it's not about a player's roots or where he played in high school.

The problem starts when you try to claim these HS athletes as your own. They're not. They don't belong to UT.

DKR, on the other hand, played at OU, and we just happened to be talking about college football, so we are talking about the college football team, as opposed to the high school football team that he played on. See the difference?

Of course not. We have this argument every year and you've been no different in year's past :rolleyes:

SoonerBacker
7/23/2010, 10:34 AM

And, ironically, those posters who trumpet that DKR was a racist, racism more often than not, has its foundation during a person's formulative years, in DKR's case, while he was in Oklahoma. If DKR was a racist, it would have to have been fostered and grown as a result of his Oklahoma environment.

Actually, you are wrong once again, Lid. OU fans do not disparage the Texas roots of many of our players. We have embraced the likes of Billy Sims, Derrick Strait, etc. We, too, are glad that they got over their unfortunate upbringings and came to the realization that Oklahoma was the place to go if they wanted to win football championships.

It is the fact that * fans who will acknowledge that it was a Sooner who turned tu football into a powerhouse are few and far between that gets on my nerves. That combined with the fact that * fans also refuse to admit that there have been numerous native Oklahomans who have contributed to the success of the Sooner program. Fans of the puke orange seem to ignore the fact that all but one of our Heisman winners were native Oklahomans. All of them want to talk about players from the state of texas on our roster, but won't even answer when questioned about DKR's Oklahoma roots. I have even run across many * fans who don't even know that DKR was a Sooner All-American and a native Oklahoman.

As to the racism - you are right. Racism was rampant in Oklahoma AND texas during this time period. But you seem to be indicating that DKR's racism came from his Oklahoma roots and that texas fans were not guilty of this idiocy. Far from the truth. Check out the things done to Ernie Banks when he played against * in the Cotton Bowl.

Oklahoma University did break the color barrier in our athletic programs before * did. That fact cannot be disputed.

OK2U
7/23/2010, 10:36 AM
http://www.txcn.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/redrivershootout/images/2004peterson_pool.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/tsuber47/adrian-peterson-texas-4.jpg
http://www.demarco-murray.com/demarco-murray-rrs-2007-4.jpg

ddub0224
7/23/2010, 10:40 AM
ut fans need to realize the difference betweent the schools. Yes athletes from the state of texas have been instrumental in OU's success - as have athletes from states all over the country! No one from ut has done anything for OU. OU on the other hand, has made significant contributions to ut...DKR and Brown. ut fans can't take credit for the state of texas athletes. contrary to whorn illusionment, not all athletes in the state of texas are ut fans and want to go to ut. Is ut going to take credit for the success of texas athletes at a&m, tech, tcu, baylor, houston, etc? While they probabaly would try, no they can't! Stop acting like texas athletes who CHOSE to go to OU rather than ut have anything to do with ut.

TexasLidig8r
7/23/2010, 10:44 AM
How many whorn alumni have been arrested this offseason?

You probably don't want to go there. :D

Oldnslo
7/23/2010, 10:45 AM
It's July

And Texas still sucks.

TexasLidig8r
7/23/2010, 10:45 AM

Hell NP... that's no fun.

sooner518
7/23/2010, 10:46 AM

Of course, DKR coached black players at both UDub and with the Edmonton team in the CFL, that UT lifted its ban on black athletes playing varsity sports in 1963, that DKR offered Don Baylor a scholarship before 1969, but he chose to play pro baseball instead. Oh. .and of course, there was another black athlete who walked on to the team in 1968 but was an academic casualty (E. A. Curry). . . then there was Leon O'Neal, who was DKR's first black scholarship athlete the same year.

Rosey Leaks in 1971 and Earl in 1974 have never mentioned, let alone implied, that DKR was a racist.

But again.. don't let the facts get in the way of some good, ole fashioned, aggy-like group think. :rolleyes:

we dont disparage any players from Texas who come to OU. We freely admit that many of our great players are from Texas. It is Texas fans who try to use THAT argument as a way to minimize OU's accomplishments. UT fans are the ones who make such a big deal about where the players grew up.

The "DKR is from Oklahoma" argument is pretty much used to counteract the "all your players are from Texas" argument that so many Whorn retards spew 24/7. This is effective because most UT fans dont know that DKR grew up in Oklahoma and played at OU.

Examples of conversation with UT fan:

UT: "All your players are from Texas. Why dont you get some Oklahoma players on your team?"

OU: "Hey if they choose to come here, great. We'll take them. Besides, 4 out of our 5 Heisman winners are Oklahomans, so its not like we dont have great players who came from our state."

UT: "All of our great players are native Texans! We dont have to steal frmo other states to have a great team."

OU: "Ricky Williams was from California..... Your stadium is named after an Oklahoman and former QB of OU...."

UT: "Thats bull****. We won the Big 12 last year, so you guys suck..."

Gawd I wish I was making that conversation up.....

badger
7/23/2010, 10:48 AM
You have to admire the fact that Lid is trying to take on every Sooner fan here himself.

You also have to admire the fact that SoonerFans.com moderators are putting up with threads like this when HornFans.com moderators would have locked the thread and banned the resident opposing fan by now.

See, Lid? Things work both ways in every OU/UT argument!

Soonerntxs
7/23/2010, 10:51 AM
Badger, it's like I said; these ut fans have a disease. I hear that DKR once rubbed the leg of lady in Orange and well the rest is history. Be very careful Badger, I know that since the DKR thing many of the tactics of Orange to convert have changed over the years. Just look at Mack, his eyes are bugged,:eek: he has an orange tint to his skin and he thinks the beloved cow is an IdolHook 'em . Now, I see they are using RACE as a tactic for conversion, this is a slippery slope and one that does not need to be traveled. Remember, we only see CRIMSON! (GOOD TRY LID, but we are on to your tactics!):P

badger
7/23/2010, 10:54 AM
Soonerntxs, we can love OU and not disparage everyone who has ever donned burnt orange at the same time.

Mack supported Stoops during our championship game runs and was even walking the sidelines in Miami. I think I heard from whorns that Stoops returned the favor out in California.

Mack is not a bad person and we don't need to hate on him. :les: is a bad person. We should hate on him instead. He and all the drunk cajuns that endlessly chanted "tigah bait" at us in Nawlins deserve each other.

But... that's another thread, another story.

Sooner in Tampa
7/23/2010, 11:16 AM
MAN...I ****ing hate * with every fiber of my being...and **** like this is the reason

It's July 23rd 2010 and TEXAS SUCKS!!!!!!

TexasLidig8r
7/23/2010, 11:31 AM
Soonerntxs, we can love OU and not disparage everyone who has ever donned burnt orange at the same time.

Mack supported Stoops during our championship game runs and was even walking the sidelines in Miami. I think I heard from whorns that Stoops returned the favor out in California.

Mack is not a bad person and we don't need to hate on him. :les: is a bad person. We should hate on him instead. He and all the drunk cajuns that endlessly chanted "tigah bait" at us in Nawlins deserve each other.

But... that's another thread, another story.

STOP POSTING SENSIBLE ITEMS!!!

Actually. .didn't Stoopsie help Saban prepare for the game? :mad:

NormanPride
7/23/2010, 11:32 AM
Hell NP... that's no fun.

You've been here long enough to know better, sir! Picking on noobs at your post count - I thought better of you!

:D

TexasLidig8r
7/23/2010, 11:33 AM
You have to admire the fact that Lid is trying to take on every Sooner fan here himself.

You also have to admire the fact that SoonerFans.com moderators are putting up with threads like this when HornFans.com moderators would have locked the thread and banned the resident opposing fan by now.

See, Lid? Things work both ways in every OU/UT argument!

ah.. but go to shaggybevo where the gloves are off.. or orangebloods where opposing fans can pretty much run amuck.

But.. gotta admit.. the mods on here for the most part have been lenient and understanding.. .and know that this is all about good natured fun especially since there's nothing but STUPID DAMMED BASEBORE ON RIGHT NOW AND IT'S KILLING ALL OF US!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

badger
7/23/2010, 11:42 AM
STOP POSTING SENSIBLE ITEMS!!!

Actually. .didn't Stoopsie help Saban prepare for the game? :mad:

You are a college football fan with some semblance of knowledge about how the college game works. All coaches talk to each other and they talk about everything. Whether that constitutes help? Not really.

Besides, you guys didn't get a fair fight against Bammer, much like we didn't get a fair fight against you all last season. When the starting QB goes down, all bets are off, all gameplans thrown out the window, all expectations, hopes and dreams are replaced with a big ol' panic button. :(

Mississippi Sooner
7/23/2010, 11:43 AM
I honestly would rather turn on my College Football 11 game and watch it run simulations of computer animated football games than watch an inning of baseball on tv.

But that's just me.

NormanPride
7/23/2010, 11:59 AM
Pro baseball sucks.

w0lfe
7/23/2010, 12:21 PM
.and know that this is all about good natured fun especially since there's nothing but STUPID DAMMED BASEBORE ON RIGHT NOW AND IT'S KILLING ALL OF US!!!!!
Basebore is lame.. But its a sign of college football being on the horizon :)

Mississippi Sooner
7/23/2010, 12:21 PM
The earlier talk of the leather helmet days reminded me that OU did have one team from that era that was a legitimate national power. It was Tom Stidham's 1938 squad. May have been the best Sooner team until Tatum and Wilkinson showed up.

What was amazing about that team was not just that they went through the regular season undefeated, but that during the regular season, they only had 12 points scored against them. All but two of the games were shutouts.

Of course, then they met General Neyland's Tennessee squad in the Orange Bowl and got shut out 17-0, but that season still sticks out in the pre-war years.

cheezyq
7/23/2010, 12:30 PM
ah, but there is no denying that Texas athletes have formed the foundational core of many Ou teams.

If Texas and UT are so great, why do those athletes keep coming to OU? And, before you answer, if UT picks the better players and leaves the rest, then why are they winning championships here, while the "better" players keep underachieving at UT? (Potential answer below)

As for Sims.. well.. hmm.. uh... well... at least Bradford represents your school with dignity and class.

As for probations... it is hard to argue that they are not inextricably intertwined with most Ou championships...

You mean like this guy?

http://smartasssports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/ricky-williams-smoking-weed.jpg

Bourbon St Sooner
7/23/2010, 01:04 PM
We have this argument every year. We used to have avatar bets every year till he went crazy here and the mods temporarily banned him. Now he's back and not as crazy, but still as pro-Texas as ever, as could be expected by a whorn.

Yes, UT has the head-to-head lead in us of all time. As I've established (every year, sigh) this includes games that were before the modern era, when programs became integrated.

Yes, UT has won four of the most recent five (sorry Lid, it all blends together after awhile) games against us. They have also won four of the ten most recent games against us. Woot, woot.

Yes, UT won the conference title last year and was in the national championship game. As will continue to be the argument till UT can take the conference they allegedly own more often, OU has more football championships, conference and national, than UT. This is what matters most in football - championships. Nothing comes close, not even a golden hat and bragging rights on the Internet.

You're really out of touch with the horn mindset. In the horn world, LeBron James went to Miami not to win championships, but so he could own the head-to-head matchup with Orlando.

Oh, and FU*K texass

Bourbon St Sooner
7/23/2010, 01:10 PM
all I hear from my whorn buddies is how good Garrett Gilbert is gonna be.

He may or may not be good, but he still has to go through life with that name.

TexasLidig8r
7/23/2010, 01:13 PM
You're really out of touch with the horn mindset. In the horn world, LeBron James went to Miami not to win championships, but so he could own the head-to-head matchup with Orlando.

Oh, and FU*K texass

LeBron went to Miami because he's an uneducated, ball-less, souless, little beyotch who doesn't have the stones to be the centerpiece of a championship team. He won't have to take the last shot with everything on the line. The next Jordan? HA!

badger
7/23/2010, 01:16 PM

Oh, and FU*K texass

I know we're just having fun at whorndom's expense, but I am sure a lot of state of Texas recruits schools choose Big 12 South schools so they can play close to home and against schools that may have overlooked them.

I think this is why OSU usually plays UT close up till the fourth quarter. It takes three quarters to get that chip of those recruits' shoulders. Same for Aggie, same for Tech.

:P and spek for the cute bron reference

oudavid1
7/23/2010, 04:27 PM
Its funny cause you have all those great Texas high school players, and we have more trophies. And as far as us cheating, we still won on the field. But hey, your texas.

unbiasedtruth
7/25/2010, 12:37 AM
why aren't you hangin' in the PAC10 wannabe boards these days???

GKeeper316
7/25/2010, 02:34 AM
tom wort's gonna tear off gilbert's grape

Half a Hundred
7/25/2010, 07:58 PM
2003 vintage Lid would just look at you and shake his head, disappointed.

Rocko
7/25/2010, 09:54 PM
Word of the thread: Disparage

picasso
7/25/2010, 10:58 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

picasso
7/25/2010, 11:00 PM
All top 5 are great and interchangeable..... .but one thing here is great....To all the Longhorn fans, do you see your team in the top 5??? NO, quit acting like you are the greatest program in history when you've won 1 national title in the past 30 years and that was literally done by one player, Vince Young. Longhorns aren't in the same league as these teams but act like they've won ten national titles.

Oy!

Collier11
7/25/2010, 11:03 PM
True dat...

Only cus you dont get put on probation for silly things like theft, weapons charges, dui's, drugs, etc...

zeke
7/25/2010, 11:47 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/424426-if-theyre-chokelahoma-what-does-that-make-you#

Sooner Among The Pack
7/26/2010, 12:54 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Ah, that may be my favorite link on the internet. And no * in the Top 5...just how it should be.

47straight
7/26/2010, 01:27 PM

DKR is a racist and the University of Texas named their stadium after him.

He had clearance for 6-7 years and somehow couldn't find an african-american student athlete while Prentice Gautt had finished his NFL time and was working on his Ed.D.

As for where he got it, I'd say it was his time in California that did it.

47straight
7/26/2010, 01:27 PM

Yes.

TexasLidig8r
7/26/2010, 01:52 PM
DKR is a racist and the University of Texas named their stadium after him.

He had clearance for 6-7 years and somehow couldn't find an african-american student athlete while Prentice Gautt had finished his NFL time and was working on his Ed.D.

As for where he got it, I'd say it was his time in California that did it.

Did you wake up and take your Pro Se Pill today? Cause you aren't thinking much like a professional.

If Don Baylor had not chosen pro baseball over his UT scholarship, he would have been there a few years before. There were blacks on the freshman team, others who walked on and quit after a year (I put a post on here about that.. look it up).

There is no disputing that race relations should have been much, much better at UT in the 1960s. But, don't think for a second... no.. I'm not going to use the old "sooner mantra of "everyone does it." Race relations should have been better.. PERIOD.

But, to call DKR a "racist" because UT was not progressive in its admission policies and without any evidence is short sighted, juvenile and pedantic. I thought you were better than that.

As for where he got it,,, California? really? really? California, perhaps the most progressive state on race relations? Really? :rolleyes:

TexasLidig8r
7/26/2010, 01:54 PM
Only cus you dont get put on probation for silly things like theft, weapons charges, dui's, drugs, etc...

You probably don't want to go there.

SoonerAtKU
7/26/2010, 02:03 PM
Please, I think we'd all agree that growing up in rural Oklahoma in the 30's and 40's would have presented many opportunities to create a little mini racist DKR.

What DOES the K stand for, anyway? People joke that it's "Klan", but I've actually never heard anyone say.

badger
7/26/2010, 02:06 PM

Every team has crap like that. That's why there's the Fulmer Cup online.

Alas, Lid vs. SF.com is once again at an impasse, as it usually is by this time every year in every OU > UT thread. So, we'll just have to wait till October to settle, eh?

GKeeper316
7/26/2010, 02:22 PM
Please, I think we'd all agree that growing up in rural Oklahoma in the 30's and 40's would have presented many opportunities to create a little mini racist DKR.

What DOES the K stand for, anyway? People joke that it's "Klan", but I've actually never heard anyone say.

it stands for "K".

TexasLidig8r
7/26/2010, 03:53 PM
Every team has crap like that. That's why there's the Fulmer Cup online.

Alas, Lid vs. SF.com is once again at an impasse, as it usually is by this time every year in every OU > UT thread. So, we'll just have to wait till October to settle, eh?

Summer boredome Badj.

C&CDean
7/26/2010, 04:04 PM
I'm so bored (actually I love baseball - as long as it's my Cardinals playing) I'm gonna turn Lid green.

Curly Bill
7/26/2010, 05:28 PM
Did you make it permanent? Cause I just hit him 12 times and didn't budge him from being Barry's confidante...:confused:

Collier11
7/26/2010, 05:36 PM

in the last 5 or so years id say all the arrests that ut football has had are far more serious than bomar taking $7 grand from a car dealer

47straight
7/26/2010, 05:38 PM
Did you wake up and take your Pro Se Pill today? Cause you aren't thinking much like a professional.

If Don Baylor had not chosen pro baseball over his UT scholarship, he would have been there a few years before. There were blacks on the freshman team, others who walked on and quit after a year (I put a post on here about that.. look it up).

There is no disputing that race relations should have been much, much better at UT in the 1960s. But, don't think for a second... no.. I'm not going to use the old "sooner mantra of "everyone does it." Race relations should have been better.. PERIOD.

But, to call DKR a "racist" because UT was not progressive in its admission policies and without any evidence is short sighted, juvenile and pedantic. I thought you were better than that.

As for where he got it,,, California? really? really? California, perhaps the most progressive state on race relations? Really? :rolleyes:

He was authorized to bring on African-Americans in 1963. It didn't happen until 1969, despite the fact that he won a national championship in 1963, was the athletic director for the University, and was explicitly authorized by the board of regents. Wilkinson managed to do it in 1954.

But whatever, everyone makes mistakes, and I'm willing to allow for anyone to grow and learn and I won't hold it against them. But this is precisely where your hallowed coach and alma mater show their complete lack of character. Instead, Darrell was a whiny bitch when Switzer could outrecruit those gentlemen, and spread nasty rumors about him instead.

California in the 30's and 40's was very hostile to all outsiders. I wouldn't call it progressive. Maybe you could read the Grapes of Wrath to get a taste.

oudavid1
7/26/2010, 08:38 PM
Im just gonna keep coming back any saying TEXAS SUCKS!

TexasLidig8r
7/27/2010, 08:57 AM
Instead, Darrell was a whiny bitch when Switzer could outrecruit those gentlemen, and spread nasty rumors about him instead.

DKR: "Switzer is spying on our practices. Make him take a lie detector."

Switzer: "We are not."

Switzer after leaving Ou: "Yes, we did spy after all."

OH.. THOSE Rumors? :rolleyes:

TexasLidig8r
7/27/2010, 08:59 AM
in the last 5 or so years id say all the arrests that ut football has had are far more serious than bomar taking $7 grand from a car dealer

Not talking about Bomar.

If we're talking arrests.. there's

Jacket thief.. or gas thief (Thievery is a crime commited more often than not, with the intent to take something from someone.. it is hardly a victimless crime)...

And don't even start to talk about screwdrivers in the desert.

In any event, yes, stupidity and early 20 year old testerone overloaded young men is a recipe for idiocy.. no matter what colors they wear in the fall.

TexasLidig8r
7/27/2010, 09:01 AM
I'm so bored (actually I love baseball - as long as it's my Cardinals playing) I'm gonna turn Lid green.

And you know Vet and his little band of buddies are going to turn me back to burnt orange (which I thank them for).. and have to take a lot of time doing it.

Priceless.

olevetonahill
7/27/2010, 09:07 AM
And you know Vet and his little band of buddies are going to turn me back to burnt orange (which I thank them for).. and have to take a lot of time doing it.

Priceless.

Yer welcome ;)

sooneron
7/27/2010, 09:26 AM

Ooh, thanks for clearing that up. DKR not racist, UT - racist.

Thankyouverymuch! Mind if I post a clip from the Cotton Bowl scene in The Express? :D

TexasLidig8r
7/27/2010, 10:53 AM
Ooh, thanks for clearing that up. DKR not racist, UT - racist.

There is no doubt that UT was not progressive on race relations in the 60s. What school in the south, including Oklahoma was?

Were I a sooner fan I would say... Nooooooo.. not at Ou!! NOOOOOOOO.... :D

badger
7/27/2010, 11:00 AM

Oh dear... the smack talk has turned to the fanbase. Well, in that case, I will go all-in with YOUR FANBASE WHINES LIKE A BUNCH LITTLE SISSY CRYBABIES!

sooneron
7/27/2010, 11:13 AM
There is no doubt that UT was not progressive on race relations in the 60s. What school in the south, including Oklahoma was?

A school that has some bigots trumps a school admin that pretty much pulls a Jim Crow when the country was pretty much heading in the other direction.

TexasLidig8r
7/27/2010, 11:15 AM
A school that has some bigots trumps a school that pretty much pulls a Jim Crow when the country was pretty much heading in the other direction.

:rolleyes:

sooneron
7/27/2010, 11:16 AM
Don't roll your eyes at me, missy!

sooneron
7/27/2010, 11:19 AM
And you know its a fact that ncaa probation followed shortly after two out of three of ut's early MNCs. God knows you were alive back then.

Bourbon St Sooner
7/27/2010, 12:07 PM
Unlike Ou fans who cannot admit that Texas players have had a deep and meaningful impact on their program and without such players, Ou would not have the championships it has,

[Jessie Jackson]Oh, so you're saying because these young men are from the state of Texas that they owe a debt of loyalty to UT. You obviously have a typical texass slaveholder mentality working here. Are you calling Adrian Peterson a runaway slave?[/Jessie Jackson]

Collier11
7/27/2010, 02:15 PM
In any event, yes, stupidity and early 20 year old testerone overloaded young men is a recipe for idiocy.. no matter what colors they wear in the fall.

Thats my point, so anyone acting like any school is better or worse than another is full of it

CrimsonJim
7/27/2010, 04:39 PM

Priceless.

It doesn't take nearly as long as you might think. ;)

A Sooner in Texas
7/27/2010, 08:27 PM
And you know Vet and his little band of buddies are going to turn me back to crimson (which I thank them for).. and have to take a lot of time doing it.

Priceless.

Yes, you most certainly should thank them for turning you back to crimson, instead of that damned putrid burnt orange.

WestAustinSooner
7/28/2010, 09:40 AM
Lid:

Here we go again.

On Oklahoma wins with Texas athletes: I am dumbfounded every time someone from Texas brings this up. This makes you look stupid. In case you haven't figured it out yet, here's why:

1. Darrell Royal was from Oklahoma. He played for OU and was a letterman. If it wasn't for him, Texas would have not one any of those championships in the 60's. You'd be a program with one NC now. Arguably, he was the MOST IMPORTANT person in UT football. You named your stadium after him. An Okie, he was!

2. So, a kid is born in Texas. Does this makes him athletically superior? No. The population of Texas is what drives the sheer number of top football players coming from the state. Further, even if Texas cherry-picked every four and five star recruit from the state each year, there would still be plenty more to go around for Texas A&M , OU, LSU etc.... Finally, what makes a kid born in Texas destined to go to UT? That is an insult to your fellow Texans who went to TCU, A&M, SMU, etc....

3. The fact that Oklahoma is able to come into Texas and recruit good players to our program is a testament to just how good our program is. Living in Austin, I talk to Texas players all the time who would rather play for Bob Stoops than Mack Brown. Players who would have given their right arm to play for Switzer. So this is YOUR problem, not something we should be ashamed of. Clearly, a psychological act of projection on your part. You are embarrassing yourself every time you bring it up. But please keep it up. We'll keep laughing.

As far as the probations:

1. How many does Texas have? I believe the answer is three. So, your ship don't stink either. In fact two of your probation came in the 60's during your NC streak. So, you've broken the rules too. Throwing stones makes you look silly. Plus, there's that issue of racism in the program up until 1971. Ouch.

2. As far as I know, the AP recognizes OU for having 7 national Championships. None have been removed. Maybe in your mind? USC may have their 2004 NC vacated. This has never happened to OU. We have 7, you have four. Yes, you have the series lead. You win wars, we win the battles.

Oklahoma is the better program. Ask any sportswriter, knowledgeable football fan, College Football Data Warehouse, etc.... who is the better program and their answer will be Oklahoma. I know its hurts Lid, but the school smack, probation banter and "You win with Texas players" argument are a feeble and dreadfully boring angle to distract us from what we know to be true. Oklahoma football is superior to Texas.

Lid, stop your natural inclination to argue, and admit the fact.

sooner518
7/28/2010, 09:54 AM
Lid:

Here we go again.

Yes, you have the series lead. You win wars, we win the battles.

I think you have that backwards....

otherwise, great post.

cheezyq
7/28/2010, 10:13 AM
3. The fact that Oklahoma is able to come into Texas and recruit good players to our program is a testament to just how good our program is. Living in Austin, I talk to Texas players all the time who would rather play for Bob Stoops than Mack Brown. Players who would have given their right arm to play for Switzer. So this is YOUR problem, not something we should be ashamed of. Clearly, a psychological act of projection on your part. You are embarrassing yourself every time you bring it up. But please keep it up. We'll keep laughing.

Expanding on this and your point #2. UT wins the "recruiting war" nearly every year, snagging 4- and 5-star recruits every year. Sure OU comes out ahead once in a while, but UT is perennially ranked higher in recruiting. So, what's interesting about that is this:

1. Why are Texas athletes leaving Texas to play for OU instead of UT/AtM/TTech, etc.? Obviously we have something over here that they consider valuable enough to shun UT and come to OU. I believe championships is the answer there.

2. Also, with UT constantly at the top of the recruiting lists, why are you still 2nd to OU in championships, etc.? That right there tells me that UT is one of the biggest underachievers in all of college football. You have all the resources, all the money, all the athletes...but you fail more often than not.

Hell, OU might be on the downside of a rivalry streak right now, but we've won just as many championships as UT in the 2000s, won three times as many Big XII championships, and been to twice as many BCS championship games. Either OU is heavily overachieving, which is a testament to the university and its administration, or UT is vastly underachieving, which also says something about THAT organization.

Either way, UT loses. Bragging about head-to-head only works when you DO something with that advantage. Otherwise, it's just a loser's ploy to make themselves feel better.

TexasLidig8r
7/28/2010, 10:22 AM
Expanding on this and your point #2. UT wins the "recruiting war" nearly every year, snagging 4- and 5-star recruits every year. Sure OU comes out ahead once in a while, but UT is perennially ranked higher in recruiting.

Actually, that's a falsehood. Over the course of the last 10 years, Ou's class has been ranked higher 50% of the time.

So, what's interesting about that is this:

1. Why are Texas athletes leaving Texas to play for OU instead of UT/AtM/TTech, etc.? Obviously we have something over here that they consider valuable enough to shun UT and come to OU. I believe championships is the answer there.

or car dealerships, whatever. There is no denying that Ou has won and your program should be commended for that. But, that leads to the next point...

2. Also, with UT constantly at the top of the recruiting lists, why are you still 2nd to OU in championships, etc.? That right there tells me that UT is one of the biggest underachievers in all of college football. You have all the resources, all the money, all the athletes...but you fail more often than not.

Actually, all schools fail more often than not. The AP championship has been awarded since 1939... which would be about 81 championships. Unless, there's a school out there with 42 championships, that means all schools fail more often than not..including yours. Since Ou fans like to pick a point in time to attempt to support its argument du jour, let me meander down that path as well. Since 1990, Texas and Ou have exactly the same number of national championships.

Hell, OU might be on the downside of a rivalry streak right now, but we've won just as many championships as UT in the 2000s, won three times as many Big XII championships, and been to twice as many BCS championship games.

And what have you done recently in those BCS bowls and championship games? Is it a coincidence that you have won exactly one bowl game since the Big Red scandal broke? And that was against a middling Pac 10 team in.. what bowl again?

Either OU is heavily overachieving, which is a testament to the university and its administration, (or Big Red) or UT is vastly underachieving, which also says something about THAT organization.

Either way, UT loses. Bragging about head-to-head only works when you DO something with that advantage. Otherwise, it's just a loser's ploy to make themselves feel better.

Just some relevant additions.

Shakadoodoo
7/28/2010, 10:44 AM
One reason (not the only) that OU gets a lot of Texas Players is because Texas schools did not integrate their programs until the early 70's. This allowed OU coaches to go down into Tx and recruit those black kids in Tx and bring them to OU and put them on Prime time television. That is one of the reasons OU has a relationship with virtually every high school in TX. We Oklahomans had to go down to Tx and show them what equality was all about - you can even look at Haskins and West Tx with the first all Black team to win a NCAA B-Ball championship- Haskins is yet another Oklahoman who helped pull Tx out of its bigoted shadows!

SoonerBacker
7/28/2010, 10:51 AM
There Lid goes again with that Big Red crap! And maybe the * admin owes something to a state justice system that allows horn players to walk after driving their car through the side of an apartment building and then fleeing the scene of the accident. May I remind you that the OU admin took action against the players involved in the Big Red fiasco. They never played a down again for the Sooners. If I remember correctly, that horn who walked on the "traffic accident" received a slap on the wrist from Mac & Co.

sooner518
7/28/2010, 10:56 AM
Actually, all schools fail more often than not. The AP championship has been awarded since 1939... which would be about 81 championships. Unless, there's a school out there with 42 championships, that means all schools fail more often than not..including yours. Since Ou fans like to pick a point in time to attempt to support its argument du jour, let me meander down that path as well. Since 1990, Texas and Ou have exactly the same number of national championships..

what point in time would you like to use as some kind of cutoff point?

Most people use the advent of the AP poll as the cutoff point as it seems to be the most relevant and the first time that college football was truly thought of as a national sport and teams were actually ranked in national polls. however, since you seem to against these "arbitrary cutoff points", then we'll go back to the argument that the Ivy League schools have historically better football programs than UT. you either have to concede that, or you have to admit that a cutoff date at SOME POINT ( like 1936when the AP poll was introduced) is relevant (if you want to argue why 1990 should be a cutoff point, it seems kind of arbitrary but go ahead and let me know why).

No matter when you start counting, we will still have more:
- National Titles
- Conference Titles
- Heismans

yankee
7/28/2010, 10:56 AM
One reason (not the only) that OU gets a lot of Texas Players is because Texas schools did not integrate their programs until the early 70's. This allowed OU coaches to go down into Tx and recruit those black kids in Tx and bring them to OU and put them on Prime time television. That is one of the reasons OU has a relationship with virtually every high school in TX. We Oklahomans had to go down to Tx and show them what equality was all about - you can even look at Haskins and West Tx with the first all Black team to win a NCAA B-Ball championship- Haskins is yet another Oklahoman who helped pull Tx out of its bigoted shadows!

you really think OU gets the players they do because of how they recruited in the 70's? i think kids (athletes) these days are more concerned about weight rooms and big screen TV's in locker rooms than integration from the 1970's, but i might be wrong.

yankee
7/28/2010, 10:58 AM
Just some relevant additions.

interestingly enough, OU had higher ranked classes at the beginning of the decade (when we were consistently winning the RRS). the past 5 or so seasons when we haven't been winning the RRS, our recruiting class has ranked below ut's. now, i don't think that has everything to do or even a lot to do with the on-field results, but it is interesting.

SoonerBacker
7/28/2010, 10:59 AM
"Since Ou fans like to pick a point in time to attempt to support its argument du jour, let me meander down that path as well."

Go ahead! Meander. Are you admitting to this, or are you going to set a point in time to support your argument that * is a better program? I don't think you ever responded to this one.

TexasLidig8r
7/28/2010, 11:00 AM
Lid:

Here we go again.

On Oklahoma wins with Texas athletes: I am dumbfounded every time someone from Texas brings this up. This makes you look stupid. In case you haven't figured it out yet, here's why: (ok.. let's pick out the holes in logic)

1. Darrell Royal was from Oklahoma. He played for OU and was a letterman. If it wasn't for him, Texas would have not one any of those championships in the 60's. You'd be a program with one NC now. Arguably, he was the MOST IMPORTANT person in UT football. You named your stadium after him. An Okie, he was!

The Butterfly Effect. Who knows whom UT would have picked as its coach instead of DKR. Perhaps someone as good if not better. As much as you can argue that UT would not have won at all, I can argue that the person picked would have achieved greater victories. Having said that, DKR was incredibly important.

2. So, a kid is born in Texas. Does this makes him athletically superior? No. Agreed. The population of Texas is what drives the sheer number of top football players coming from the state. As well as training programs and innovative coaching. Further, even if Texas cherry-picked every four and five star recruit from the state each year, there would still be plenty more to go around for Texas A&M , OU, LSU etc.... Agreed. Finally, what makes a kid born in Texas destined to go to UT? No one ever mentioned "destined." That is an insult to your fellow Texans who went to TCU, A&M, SMU, etc.... Not all all. Those school don't have the facilities, influence, traditions that UTexas has. Further, the likelihood of playing in the NFL is greater if a star football player attends a school like Texas.. or. yes. Ou.

3. The fact that Oklahoma is able to come into Texas and recruit good players to our program is a testament to just how good our program is. No one is denying your have a good program. At the same time, you cannot ignore that your championships and major probations have been inextricably intertwined. Living in Austin, I talk to Texas players all the time who would rather play for Bob Stoops than Mack Brown. Name some, when you spoke with them, etc. Players who would have given their right arm to play for Switzer. With Switzer's background, he better related to the black athlete. No doubt about that. His willingness to bend the rules also was a factor. So this is YOUR problem, not something we should be ashamed of. Shouldn't all programs be ashamed of missing bowl games, being excluded from television because of probations imposed by the NCAA? Clearly, a psychological act of projection on your part. You are embarrassing yourself every time you bring it up. But please keep it up. We'll keep laughing. Here's an idea.. let's have you address the manner in which the major probations are so closely linked to your championships. That would be a change.

As far as the probations:

1. How many does Texas have? I believe the answer is three. So, your ship don't stink either. In fact two of your probation came in the 60's during your NC streak. So, you've broken the rules too. Throwing stones makes you look silly. Plus, there's that issue of racism in the program up until 1971. Ouch.And Ou is not racist at all? Please. Get real. Again, how many bowl games has Texas missed because of probation? How about Ou? How many times has Texas not been able to appear on television because of probation? Now, how about Ou?

2. As far as I know, the AP recognizes OU for having 7 national Championships. None have been removed. Never said that any have ever been removed. At least try to stay semi-lucid. Maybe in your mind? USC may have their 2004 NC vacated. This has never happened to OU. We have 7, you have four. Yes, you have the series lead. You win wars, we win the battles.

Oklahoma is the better program. Ask any sportswriter, knowledgeable football fan, College Football Data Warehouse, etc.... who is the better program and their answer will be Oklahoma. I know its hurts Lid, but the school smack, probation banter and "You win with Texas players" argument are a feeble and dreadfully boring angle to distract us from what we know to be true. Oklahoma football is superior to Texas. Ah.. no Ou fan has ever admitted, or would ever admit that your championships are directly linked to your probation. The only decade (post WWII) that you did not win one.. is the only decade you were not placed on major probation. As for winning with Texas players, I don't have a problem if Texas high school athletes go play for Ou. I DO have a major issue with Texas high school athletes being offered illegal incentives to go play at Ou. And that has certainly happened on a repeated basis. If the playing field is level, and a Texas high school kid wants to go play for Ou and no illegal incentives are offered, then I'll say, "good luck to you" and not hold a grudge against the kid or your school.

Lid, stop your natural inclination to argue, and admit the fact.

Facts? When you say "who has a better program," that calls for an opinion..and not a factual rendition. It takes into account overall wins, bowl wins, yes, championships.. but it also takes into account the manner in which the winning was obtained. You choose not to give any credence to that issue.

In any event, I am more than proud of our winning tradition, our team, coaches and university and would not trade it for yours. Just as you would not trade yours for mine.

cheezyq
7/28/2010, 11:05 AM
Just some irrelevant additions.

FTFY.

I mis-stated that UT fails more often than not. That should have been stated - more often than they should. You see, the overall point I made was that UT is a vastly underachieving football program. But leave it to Lid to focus on a single word (semantics) and not argue against the actual point (content). This is what you do, since you cannot win based on the merits of your arguments.

Regarding recruiting, even if it WERE true that the recruiting is even, the fact is that it doesn't change my point. OU has won more championships and been part of more championship opportunities than UT in the last 10 years. Therefore OU > UT, therefore Texas kids leave for OU, therefore UT still underachieves.

Regarding BCS games...you're right, OU has lost their share of BCS games. But the BCS games we've played in were bigger and we faced tougher teams - teams that were fighting for a national championship, not just any other post-season win. You should know. You struggled against USC in 2005, the game was MUCH tougher and against a MUCH better opponent than Michigan was the previous year. The same goes for Alabama last year. See, it isn't so EASY when you're playing THE top competition every year. Regardless, OU has been to 7 BCS games in the 2000s. UT has been to 3. You still lose.

Regarding the bowl win vs. Stanford - a "middling" Pac-10 team. So, NOW that we finally DON'T play in a BCS game or the Cotton Bowl, you feel the urge to use the "Holiday Bowl" argument that we used against you for all those seasons you failed in the early 2000s? How lame. You can't even craft your own argument, you have to live off the scraps of OU arguments in seasons past.

Regarding your comment about the Big Red scandal...it's awful convenient to pick that date as your "haven't won since" argument. The reality is that OU has lost a lot of coaches to other schools because of its success. The inconsistencies in the coaching staff since 2003 is probably the biggest reason for the ups/downs of our postseasons since then...but you choose something that happened in 2006, just because it suits you. Too bad it's completely irrelevant.

TexasLidig8r
7/28/2010, 11:07 AM
There Lid goes again with that Big Red crap! And maybe the * admin owes something to a state justice system that allows horn players to walk after driving their car through the side of an apartment building and then fleeing the scene of the accident. May I remind you that the OU admin took action against the players involved in the Big Red fiasco. They never played a down again for the Sooners. If I remember correctly, that horn who walked on the "traffic accident" received a slap on the wrist from Mac & Co.

You need to segregate off the field incidents with NCAA regulations as well as come to an understanding that the state justice system in Texas does not revolve around the University of Texas. We all understand that nothing happens in the State of Oklahoma without some impact on Ou... mainly because there is nothing else in Oklahoma.

As for the Big Red fiasco, let me remind you that your compliance department "investigated" Big Red after there were questions raised about Peterson driving a used Lexus for 6 weeks free of charge.. they did their Keystone Cops imitation and said, "there's nothing to see here, everything is hunky and/or dory." You really don't think that an up front, competent compliance department would have seen.. hmmmm we've had 25 players employed here over the course of the past few years,.. maybe we should look into everyone just to make sure our skirts are clean." Your compliance department chose to look the other way. It was only after receiving an email from a Big Red employee that blew the whistle on the Three Stooges.. and seeing that a copy was sent to the NCAA, that compliance stepped back in.

As for "slaps on the wrist" Mack's record against offenders is and has been stronger than Father Flanagan a/k/a Bob Stoops.

SoonerBacker
7/28/2010, 11:09 AM
Facts? When you say "who has a better program," that calls for an opinion..and not a factual rendition. It takes into account overall wins, bowl wins, yes, championships.. but it also takes into account the manner in which the winning was obtained. You choose not to give any credence to that issue.

As Sooneron pointed out, "And you know its a fact that ncaa probation followed shortly after two out of three of ut's early MNCs. God knows you were alive back then." Apparently, you choose not to give any creedence to that issue, either.

TexasLidig8r
7/28/2010, 11:15 AM
FTFY.

I mis-stated that UT fails more often than not. That should have been stated - more often than they should. You see, the overall point I made was that UT is a vastly underachieving football program. But leave it to Lid to focus on a single word (semantics) and not argue against the actual point (content). This is what you do, since you cannot win based on the merits of your arguments.

We will continue to disagree on this point cheese boy.

Regarding recruiting, even if it WERE true that the recruiting is even, the fact is that it doesn't change my point. OU has won more championships and been part of more championship opportunities than UT in the last 10 years. Therefore OU > UT, therefore Texas kids leave for OU, therefore UT still underachieves.

And cheating and Big Red scandals have nothing to do with this? Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Regarding BCS games...you're right, OU has lost their share of BCS games. But the BCS games we've played in were bigger and we faced tougher teams - teams that were fighting for a national championship, not just any other post-season win.

Pulleaazee.. Boise State? Tougher team? yeah right. West Virginia..coming from the weakest BCS conference. You got out-coaches and outplayed in those games and you had the superior athletes. Then there was an LSU team which is generally regarded as one of the weakest champions in the 2000s.

You should know. You struggled against USC in 2005, the game was MUCH tougher and against a MUCH better opponent than Michigan was the previous year.
And what.. about 30 players from that USC team are in the NFL right now.. and that game is being regarded as one of the best in college football history.. and oh yes.. we WON that game.. in dramatic fashion.

The same goes for Alabama last year. See, it isn't so EASY when you're playing THE top competition every year. Regardless, OU has been to 7 BCS games in the 2000s. UT has been to 3. You still lose.

Your argument about 'tougher opponents" fails because of the opponents you faced.

Regarding the bowl win vs. Stanford - a "middling" Pac-10 team. So, NOW that we finally DON'T play in a BCS game or the Cotton Bowl, you feel the urge to use the "Holiday Bowl" argument that we used against you for all those seasons you failed in the early 2000s? How lame. You can't even craft your own argument, you have to live off the scraps of OU arguments in seasons past. Not at all.. I just can't recall when the last time Texas lost 5 games in a season. Now granted, I will give you the "injury excuse" you were saddled with last year. But, the Sun Bowl?..(was that the one you played in?)

Regarding your comment about the Big Red scandal...it's awful convenient to pick that date as your "haven't won since" argument. The reality is that OU has lost a lot of coaches to other schools because of its success. The inconsistencies in the coaching staff since 2003 is probably the biggest reason for the ups/downs of our postseasons since then...but you choose something that happened in 2006, just because it suits you. Too bad it's completely irrelevant.

Irrelevant? Look at your history? Probations and football excellence have gone hand in hand? They are directly related.

swardboy
7/28/2010, 11:25 AM
The fact is, Texas sucks.

Seamus
7/28/2010, 11:31 AM
Unless, there's a school out there with 42 championships ...

I'll take What Is Alabama for $200, Alex ...

Facts? When you say "who has a better program," that calls for an opinion..and not a factual rendition.

It calls for a measurable, fact-based answer: Championships.

That would be fact: As in Oklahoma has more championships than *. Fact.

An opinion would be: You are an ill-mannered *an that doesn't know how/when/why to shut his significantly misinformed blowhole. Opinion.

Of course, that item could be argued as fact, too.

Shakadoodoo
7/28/2010, 11:32 AM
you really think OU gets the players they do because of how they recruited in the 70's? i think kids (athletes) these days are more concerned about weight rooms and big screen TV's in locker rooms than integration from the 1970's, but i might be wrong.

All big 12 schools have that weight rooms and big screen TV's in locker rooms-

Those Old relationships mean a lot when recruiting. When I was at OU I remember a lot of the players at OU were influenced to come to OU because their cousins and uncles played there as well.

SoonerBacker
7/28/2010, 11:44 AM
Irrelevant? Look at your history? Probations and football excellence have gone hand in hand? They are directly related.

Apparently, * has the same problem. something you refuse to give any credence to.

Mar 24, 1987 - AUSTIN - The Southwest Conference suffered further damage to its image Monday when University of Texas officials revealed the NCAA has charged the Longhorns' football program with numerous rules violations since 1980.

"ncaa probation followed shortly after two out of three of ut's early MNCs"

TexasLidig8r
7/28/2010, 11:50 AM
Apparently, * has the same problem. something you refuse to give any credence to.

Mar 24, 1987 - AUSTIN - The Southwest Conference suffered further damage to its image Monday when University of Texas officials revealed the NCAA has charged the Longhorns' football program with numerous rules violations since 1980.

Texas was placed on two year probation which involved a loss of scholarships.. this was reduced to one year. No television ban, no bowl ban. And that was not tied into any championship since this was during aggy's "Federal Express - Jackie Sherrill" hey day.

Let's see the specifics on the probation that took place in the 1969 - 1972 era. Were there any bowl bans? Any television bans?

SoonerBacker
7/28/2010, 11:58 AM
So your saying it doesn't count as NCAA probation unless you are banned from bowls & tv? hmmmmm
The NCAA seems to disagree.

Point: You say, "Facts? When you say "who has a better program," that calls for an opinion..and not a factual rendition. It takes into account overall wins, bowl wins, yes, championships.. but it also takes into account the manner in which the winning was obtained. You choose not to give any credence to that issue.

In any event, I am more than proud of our winning tradition, our team, coaches and university and would not trade it for yours. Just as you would not trade yours for mine."

The difference is that I am not on a horn fan site stirring s@*t up with nothing more than opinions. You are on a Sooner fan site doing just that.

TexasLidig8r
7/28/2010, 12:01 PM

Once again, the "group think without facts mentality" strikes!

DKR was the coach at UT for 20 years, from 1957 to 1976. In that time, UT won 3 MNCs, won the SWC 10 times, and finished ranked in the Top 5 nine times.

UT's program was put on probation once, in 1964. In his book, Kern Tipps tells of how SMU coach Hayden Fry was so upset that the Ponies were turned in (by Texas and others, he assumed) to the NCAA for recruiting violations that he turned Texas in as a response.

Texas’ violation was providing recruits with meal money on visits, which they could keep after charging their meals to their room. Royal claimed that he started handling recruits’ meals that way because when he gave the player-hosts the money ($10 in 1964, equivalent to about $50 today?), they would take the recruits to cheap hamburger joints and keep the rest of the money themselves (not exactly the sign of a program where players are receiving extra benefits). The NCAA didn’t think it was a big deal, and put Texas on probation, without any penalties.

Pesky facts. Evil, pesky facts. :D

cheezyq
7/28/2010, 12:20 PM

Wow. Now you've just gone completely Aggy on us. Again, a tactic only losers employ. "YOU'RE CHEATIN'!" So lame. If anything, it smacks of the typical attitude of UT alums and fans. "We iz better than anyone else, and if we lose, it ain't cuz we lost to a better team, it's because the rules ain't right."

This thread is entitled, "UTexas RULES over OU". But in EVERY way we've shown you how OU dominates the "RULES" argument. To "RULE", you must be at the top, therefore RULING = CHAMPIONSHIPS. But your only argument is "DEY's CHEETIN'".

We DON'T face better competition???? Come on! We already established the non-conference. I have to do this too? Geez.

2000-1:
Florida State in Orange for MNC >>> Oregon in Holiday
Result - OU

2001-2:
Arkansas in Cotton > Washington in Holiday
Result - OU

2002-3:
Washington State in Rose >> LSU in Cotton

2003-4:
LSU (Saban-coached, not Miles coached) in Sugar (LSU's HOME BASE) for MNC >>>>> Washington State in Holiday

2004-5:
USC in Orange for MNC >>>> Michigan in Rose

2005-6:
Oregon in Holiday <<<<<< USC in Rose for MNC

2006-7:
Boise State in Fiesta >>>> Iowa in Alamo

2007-8:
West Virginia in Fiesta >>> Arizona State in Holiday

2008-9:
Florida in Orange (UF's own back yard) for MNC >>>> Ohio State in Fiesta

2009-2010:
Stanford in Sun <<<<<< Alabama in Rose for MNC

You're entire argument is based on the fact that we had 2 sub-par seasons and the head-to-head (which, you still lose 6-4). Oh, and conjecture that we "cheated". BUT, you STILL lose, since you played in as many Holiday and lower bowls as you did Cotton and higher. In all but 2 years, we played tougher opponents than UT, and its right there, in the college record. You simply can't argue against that, reasonably.

Regarding "cheating". So...we "cheated" and kicked off Bomar and Quinn - 2 key components of the worst OU season in a decade. Funny thing is that the sanctions from that originally called for wiping out the W/L record from our worst team in a decade. However, without them we went on after that to have the one of the best QBs in college history, along with an OL that was ridiculously talented.

But, streams of UT players and alums keep getting arrested for what seems like a campus past-time - smoking dope and doing stupid s**t. Hell, that's probably the biggest reason your teams underachieve.

TexasLidig8r
7/28/2010, 12:38 PM
Wow. Now you've just gone completely Aggy on us. Again, a tactic only losers employ. "YOU'RE CHEATIN'!" So lame. If anything, it smacks of the typical attitude of UT alums and fans. "We iz better than anyone else, and if we lose, it ain't cuz we lost to a better team, it's because the rules ain't right."

Come on Skippy.. address the probation issue.. come on... you can do it... come on ... you can do some research.. come on....

But, streams of UT players and alums keep getting arrested for what seems like a campus past-time - smoking dope and doing stupid s**t. Hell, that's probably the biggest reason your teams underachieve.

Do you really want to go there? (madu)(screwdriver-boy).

Leave the violations of the law alone...you don't stack up well and just do what all sooner fans do... "well..everbody cheats.. so it ain't that bad."

Soonerntxs
7/28/2010, 12:46 PM
You need to segregate off the field incidents with NCAA regulations as well as come to an understanding that the state justice system in Texas does not revolve around the University of Texas. We all understand that nothing happens in the State of Oklahoma without some impact on Ou... mainly because there is nothing else in Oklahoma.

As for the Big Red fiasco, let me remind you that your compliance department "investigated" Big Red after there were questions raised about Peterson driving a used Lexus for 6 weeks free of charge.. they did their Keystone Cops imitation and said, "there's nothing to see here, everything is hunky and/or dory." You really don't think that an up front, competent compliance department would have seen.. hmmmm we've had 25 players employed here over the course of the past few years,.. maybe we should look into everyone just to make sure our skirts are clean." Your compliance department chose to look the other way. It was only after receiving an email from a Big Red employee that blew the whistle on the Three Stooges.. and seeing that a copy was sent to the NCAA, that compliance stepped back in.

As for "slaps on the wrist" Mack's record against offenders is and has been stronger than Father Flanagan a/k/a Bob Stoops.

WOW, I am so impressed!

I'm having trouble with something, see if you can answer this!
You must be a lawyer, Mindreader, OU Complicance Specialist, Football Coach, Investigator, Dean of Students, NCAA Historian and Expert of all things logical? How in the Hell did you miss a WHITE HOUSE STAFF POSITION INVITE? Oh, I know, you missed OKLAHOMA HISTORY! You say there is nothing else in Oklahoma, other than OU? Sir, you need to segregate football from State! I for one am a Proud Oklahoman and just happen to be a SOONER. Having been born and raised in the GREAT STATE, & seeing that your education of our State is that of an infant, it is my duty to share with you just a glimmer of information about our state!

A FEW FAMOUS PEOPLE FROM OKLAHOMA
(Check out the last name on the list)

Johnny Bench baseball player, Oklahoma City
John Berryman poet, MacAlester
Garth Brooks singer, Tulsa
Jeremy Castle singer, Blanchard
Iron Eyes Cody Cherokee actor
Gordon Cooper astronaut, Shawnee
Ralph Ellison writer, Oklahoma City
James Garner actor, Norman
Owen K. Garriott astronaut, Enid
Vince Gill singer, Norman
Chester Gould cartoonist, Pawnee
Woodrow Wilson Woody Guthrie singer, composer, Okemah
Ike,Taylor, Zac Hanson music, Tulsa
Roy Harris composer, Lincoln Cty
Paul Harvey broadcaster, Tulsa
Van Heflin actor, Walters
Tony Hillerman author, Sacred Heart
Ron Howard actor, director, Duncan
Karl Guthe Jansky engineer, Norman
Ben Johnson actor, Pawhuska
Jennifer Jones actress, Tulsa
Jeane Kirkpatrick diplomat, Duncan
Shannon Lucid astronaut, Bethany
Mickey Charles Mantle baseball player, Spavinaw
Reba McEntire singer, McAlester
Shannon Miller Olympic gymnast, Edmond
Bill Moyers journalist, Hugo
Daniel Patrick Moynihan N.Y. senator, Tulsa
Patti Page singer, Clarence
Brad Pitt actor Shawnee
Tony Randall actor, Tulsa
Oral Roberts evangelist, Ada
Dale Robertson actor, Oklahoma City
Will Rogers humorist, Oologah
Dan Rowan comedian, Beggs
Robert Stemmons whistler, Tulsa
Maria Tallchief ballerina, Fairfax
James Francis Jim Thorpe athlete, Prague
Jeanne Tripplehorn actress, Tulsa
Ted Shackleford actor, Tulsa
Wilma Mankiller Cherokee chief, Tahlequah
Darrell K. Royal Cocroach, Hollis

& a link for you to enjoy!

http://www.okhistory.org/outreach/

Now that I have shared my 2-cents...lets get back to bustin eachothers footballs:D

sooner518
7/28/2010, 12:54 PM
Once again, the "group think without facts mentality" strikes!

DKR was the coach at UT for 20 years, from 1957 to 1976. In that time, UT won 3 MNCs, won the SWC 10 times, and finished ranked in the Top 5 nine times.

UT's program was put on probation once, in 1964. In his book, Kern Tipps tells of how SMU coach Hayden Fry was so upset that the Ponies were turned in (by Texas and others, he assumed) to the NCAA for recruiting violations that he turned Texas in as a response.

Texas’ violation was providing recruits with meal money on visits, which they could keep after charging their meals to their room. Royal claimed that he started handling recruits’ meals that way because when he gave the player-hosts the money ($10 in 1964, equivalent to about $50 today?), they would take the recruits to cheap hamburger joints and keep the rest of the money themselves (not exactly the sign of a program where players are receiving extra benefits). The NCAA didn’t think it was a big deal, and put Texas on probation, without any penalties.

Pesky facts. Evil, pesky facts. :D

you know, if an OU fan "explained" Switzer's probations (which he actually did in his biography, and if you actually read the violations, you would probably admit they were pretty pedestrian violations, much like DKR's probation you explained up there) like you just "explained" UT's probations, you would probably think it was pretty pathetic. I say this not to say that we (or UT) weren't guilty of them, but that any fan can put their own spin on anything.

explaining away probations makes you sound ultra naiive. talking about your rival's probations ad nauseum makes you sound ultra [hairGel] :eddie: :stunned:

cheezyq obliterated the rest of your argument up there, so I will defer to him.

ddub0224
7/28/2010, 01:02 PM
Hey Lid, here's a hard one for you...which is greater....7 or 4? Which number is bigger? Which number wins?

sooner518
7/28/2010, 01:03 PM
Hey Lid, here's a hard one for you...which is greater....7 or 4? Which number is bigger? Which number wins?

he's a an ambulance-chaser, so he can explain it in a way that would make 7<4

47straight
7/28/2010, 01:59 PM
DKR: "Switzer is spying on our practices. Make him take a lie detector."

Switzer: "We are not."

Switzer after leaving Ou: "Yes, we did spy after all."

OH.. THOSE Rumors? :rolleyes:

The nasty rumors predated this.

47straight
7/28/2010, 02:01 PM
You need to segregate off the field incidents with NCAA regulations as well as come to an understanding that the state justice system in Texas does not revolve around the University of Texas.

Lid wishing it was 1969.

TexasLidig8r
7/28/2010, 02:48 PM
Lid wishing it was 1969.

If you are implying that I am a racist sirrah, then the gloves come completely off.

Is that where you wish to go?

47straight
7/28/2010, 04:10 PM
If you are implying that I am a racist sirrah, then the gloves come completely off.

Is that where you wish to go?

You said segregate, not me. :texan: :D

You usually don't get touchy till much later in the season.

Collier11
7/28/2010, 04:41 PM
Id much rather live in humble Oklahoma than arrogant *** texas anyday, you can keep your six flags and your ****ty coast line, the beer ill drink :D

A Sooner in Texas
7/28/2010, 08:14 PM
Id much rather live in humble Oklahoma than arrogant *** texas anyday, you can keep your six flags and your ****ty coast line, the beer ill drink :D

While I wish I were in Oklahoma instead of Texas, don't diss the coast line. Texas didn't cause the BP rig explosion, and it still has a hell of a lot more coast line than Oklahoma. Not that Galveston is a good example, unless you like brown sand and water. :D

Back to the football talk: Lid, like any lawyer with a weak case and no evidence, is clearly going for the reasonable doubt.

Collier11
7/28/2010, 08:20 PM
When did I say **** about the BP spill?

A Sooner in Texas
7/28/2010, 08:23 PM
When did I say **** about the BP spill?

So you just never have liked the Texas coast line then? My mistake and apology for misunderstanding.

TexasLidig8r
7/29/2010, 09:05 AM

So the entire state of Texas is arrogant?

Really?

Really? :rolleyes:

dude.. go to Las Vegas or something. ;)

SoonerAtKU
7/29/2010, 09:12 AM
Well, the idea that Texas perceives itself as a separate nation, and the fact that there exist Texan separatists would tend to indicate a certain level of arrogance, yes. Certainly there are individuals that aren't, but then again we only seem to meet the ones that are like you, Lid.

;)

sooner518
7/29/2010, 09:19 AM
So the entire state of Texas is arrogant?

Really?

Really? :rolleyes:

dude.. go to Las Vegas or something. ;)

are you ****ting me? Texas is by far the most arrogant place I have ever been. I think it is indoctrinated in the schools here. I honestly do not get it. Texas, the state, is fine, but it is not the utopia that most native Texans make it out to be. Most Texans (my wife included) act like as soon as you drive across the Red River, the sky turns bluer, the grass is greener, there are rainbows on every horizon and angels sing.

When the other 90% of Americans drive across the Red River, they see pretty much the same as Oklahoma...and a giant porn store.

gaylordfan1
7/29/2010, 09:54 AM
D-DUBs! A very classy establishment if you ask me!

yankee
7/29/2010, 10:11 AM
are you ****ting me? Texas is by far the most arrogant place I have ever been. I think it is indoctrinated in the schools here. I honestly do not get it. Texas, the state, is fine, but it is not the utopia that most native Texans make it out to be. Most Texans (my wife included) act like as soon as you drive across the Red River, the sky turns bluer, the grass is greener, there are rainbows on every horizon and angels sing.

When the other 90% of Americans drive across the Red River, they see pretty much the same as Oklahoma...and a giant porn store.

i enjoy that trip over the red river as much as any texan. :D

however, i don't know a lot of people here that are obsessed with the idea that Texas is far and away the best state EVAR. sure, i like living where i live...but i certainly don't have the sticker that reads "i wasn't born here, but i got here as fast as i could."

TexasLidig8r
7/29/2010, 10:26 AM
Certainly there are individuals that aren't, but then again we only seem to meet the ones that are like you, Lid.

;)

Sophisticated, elegant and erudite? :D

soonerborn30
7/29/2010, 10:37 AM
Serious question, Lid. Do you know what OU's actual infractions were in some of those years the way you know the story about Royal's infractions?

Also, another question. Do you mind if OU claims the 2003, 2004, and 2008 National Championships?

Just curious.

cheezyq
7/29/2010, 10:53 AM
Do you really want to go there? (madu)(screwdriver-boy).

Leave the violations of the law alone...you don't stack up well and just do what all sooner fans do... "well..everbody cheats.. so it ain't that bad."

I'll gladly address the probation and legal stuff by asking you this question:

How did ANY of those situations help OU win games? Bomar and Quinn were key parts of the worst team OU had in the 2000s. Kicking them off led to Bradford starting early. As irritating as it was to OU fans at the time, it's clear in hindsight that the actions we took and the probation worked out for the BEST not the worst.

Then there are kids who do dumb stuff individually - Madu and Granger and Broyles are examples. But again I ask you - how does Madu driving drunk (with a likely suspension to follow), Granger stealing (causing him to miss the BCS game), and Broyles stealing (causing him to miss his freshman season) help OU win? How did OU "cheat" in any of these cases? Please enlighten us.

Besides that, lots of college kids do stupid crap. Bomar and Quinn did, and it cost us, regardless of whether we caught them early enough or not. The reality is that those guys were kicked off once it was clear they had done something wrong. You can sit there and say that OU knew all along, but you have zero proof of that. So, you're argument that OU intentionally cheated is based on pure conjecture (and your obvious bias), not to mention stupid due to the reasons I stated above. It's as sound an argument as me going to you and asking about all the stuff that JaMarkus McFarland spoke about during his recruiting trips to Austin, etc.

Then there's another group, the ones from Austin, who keep getting caught smoking the Mary Jane. Perhaps you could answer some questions about all the dope smoking. If Madu/Granger/Broyles is cheating, what do you call rampant leaf burning? It's obviously illegal. So why doesn't UT do anything about it? Surely the UT administration has noticed the stream of athletes that get arrested for possession.

Here's the difference between the schools - at OU, we have individuals that do stupid stuff, and we pay for it, in most cases openly. At UT, they allow dope smoking to run rampant, and do nothing about it (aside from ignoring it or covering it up). UT has a natural recruiting advantage, being in the largest state with the most football athletes. UT brings in and spends more money on its football program than any program in the country. UT has the head-to-head advantage over their biggest rival and the game is played IN TEXAS. Despite all that, we STILL kick your *** where it matters most - championships.

TexasLidig8r
7/29/2010, 11:46 AM
I'll gladly address the probation and legal stuff by asking you this question:

How did ANY of those situations help OU win games? Bomar and Quinn were key parts of the worst team OU had in the 2000s. Kicking them off led to Bradford starting early. As irritating as it was to OU fans at the time, it's clear in hindsight that the actions we took and the probation worked out for the BEST not the worst.

Put it in context. Those were the only ones who were discovered. Employment records regarding the other 22 Ou football players who worked there were "mysteriously destroyed." hmmm.... Now the quesion remains, during recruitment of athletes, as an incentive to attend Ou, were they told that they could obtain "easy employment" at Big Red? Who knows? But, when you have numerous players "working" there, a star running back driving a Lexus, for free, for 6 weeks, employment documents being destroyed and a compliance department that turned a blind eye until emails were received... at the very least, there is an appearance of questionable propriety.

Then there are kids who do dumb stuff individually - Madu and Granger and Broyles are examples. But again I ask you - how does Madu driving drunk (with a likely suspension to follow), Granger stealing (causing him to miss the BCS game), and Broyles stealing (causing him to miss his freshman season) help OU win? How did OU "cheat" in any of these cases? Please enlighten us.

At no time have I associated college athlete's idiotic behavior with cheating. That is merely them being dumbasses. Unfortunately it happens at every school. That's why you don't see me bashing Madu and other DWI or pot incidents. Theft or aggravated assault, for example, are completely different animals. Then, you are looking at serious character issues with a higher mental culpability. I don't want those types on a team representing a university from whom I obtained degrees and still support financially. It is unsavory.

Besides that, lots of college kids do stupid crap. Bomar and Quinn did, and it cost us, regardless of whether we caught them early enough or not.

Again, stupid crap is one thing. You get popped for DUI... then hello, you're going to miss 3 games. Get popped for DUI a second time, good bye, you're off the team. Having the requisite mens rea to undertake criminal conduct... theft, aggravated assault on a girlfriend, being paid for work you did not do are a different matter.

The reality is that those guys were kicked off once it was clear they had done something wrong. You can sit there and say that OU knew all along, but you have zero proof of that.

It's not a matter of Ou knowing all along. It's a matter of having a compliance department run by the Three Stooges. Your compliance department knowing that so many athletes were working at Big Red, when they investigated the Peterson - Lexus issue, should have conducted a thorough investigation of the dealership to make sure it was clean. Again, there were in excess of 20 athletes employed there. Your compliance department either (1). failed to thoroughly investigate (2). chose not to investigate (3). investigated and found nothing, or (4). investigated, found something but did not disclose thinking it would not be discovered. This means, they were either incompetentor complicit. They gave an "all clear here, there's nothing to see here... move along, move along" report.. to be followed by the emails to both the school and the NCAA.

So, you're argument that OU intentionally cheated is based on pure conjecture (and your obvious bias), not to mention stupid due to the reasons I stated above.

No, the discussion isn't that Ou intentionally cheated in this instance (the Big Red scandal).. the focus again is on incompetence or being complicit? With the Big Red scandal being closely followed by your former idiot basketball coach's cell phone mess, it would appear as if your compliance department was formerly run by the Marx Brothers. If nothing else, the impression is that compliance either looked the other way or does not have adequate policies and procedures in place.

It's as sound an argument as me going to you and asking about all the stuff that JaMarkus McFarland spoke about during his recruiting trips to Austin, etc.

McFarland's allegations of parties and lesbian activities actually purportedly occured in Austin.

Then there's another group, the ones from Austin, who keep getting caught smoking the Mary Jane. Perhaps you could answer some questions about all the dope smoking. If Madu/Granger/Broyles is cheating, what do you call rampant leaf burning? It's obviously illegal. So why doesn't UT do anything about it? Surely the UT administration has noticed the stream of athletes that get arrested for possession.

Again, segregate criminal conduct and cheating. They are not the same. Does smoking pot and being caught give a competitive advantage in recruiting? Of course not. Does the coaching staff steering athletes to Big Red and them not having to work and high school athletes knowing that in the recruitment process give a competitive advantage? Why don't you answer that one.

As for pot or DUI's, I've already stated my views... 1 strike and at a bare minimum you're gone for 3 games. Second strike.. you're gone for good. Oh.. and Mack has come down with suspension of athletes for pot and DUIs.

Here's the difference between the schools - at OU, we have individuals that do stupid stuff, and we pay for it, in most cases openly. At UT, they allow dope smoking to run rampant, and do nothing about it (aside from ignoring it or covering it up).

Let's look at this factually incorrect nonsense shall we?

2007 -- Henry Melton and Sergio Kindle... picked up for DUI.. suspended for THREE GAMES.

2007 -- Robert Joseph charged with aggravated assault -- never played for UT again.. and he was slated to be a starting safety.

2007 -- Tyrell Gatewood.. suspended indefinitely after being arrested wih less than 1/100 of an ounce of pot.

Billy Pittman.. suspended 3 games for merely driving a friend's car during the summer.

Ramonce Taylor.. caught with pot in a backpack.. suspended indefinitely, never played for UT again

UT has a natural recruiting advantage, being in the largest state with the most football athletes. UT brings in and spends more money on its football program than any program in the country. UT has the head-to-head advantage over their biggest rival and the game is played IN TEXAS. Despite all that, we STILL kick your *** where it matters most - championships.

First, Texas is not Oklahoma. In Oklahoma, the only team was the Sooners.. that is college and pro (until the Sonics moved there). Okie Lite is irrelevant. In Texas, there are other universities and pro teams that split loyalties. Playing a game in Dallas (which is actually closer to Norman than Austin) is not like playing a game in OKC.

Yes.. you have more championships. But again (and since you can't seem to differentiate between criminal conduct and NCAA rules violations giving a competitive advantage), it is a waste of time to attempt to have you conduct research into the manner in which probations and NCAA violations are inextricably intertwined with the vast majority of your championships.

Bourbon St Sooner
7/29/2010, 12:15 PM
Yeah, because if you're destroying records of 22 players whose conduct you want to cover up, those of the starting QB would definitely be the last ones you would destroy:rolleyes:

You're texcuses for why your supposedly superior program has historically underachieved compared to a school from a much smaller neighboring state is getting tiresome.

Now repeat after me "Oklahoma has more championships than texass and has a better football program."

Now we can be done with this silliness.

SoonerBacker
7/29/2010, 12:18 PM
First, Texas is not Oklahoma. In Oklahoma, the only team was the Sooners.. that is college and pro (until the Sonics moved there). Okie Lite is irrelevant. In Texas, there are other universities and pro teams that split loyalties. Playing a game in Dallas (which is actually closer to Norman than Austin) is not like playing a game in OKC.

Ok, technically you are correct. It is 189.43 miles from Dallas to Norman while it is 196.15 from Big D to Austin. (mapquest) WOW! It is actually 6.81 miles closer to Norman! Huge difference there, Lid! I'm sure that 7 miles (I'll round it up for you) completely negates the fact that the game is played in the horns' home state! For you to say that playing the game in Dallas is not the same as playing the game in OKC is absurd and proves that you have never had to experience the BS that Sooners put up with from hotel employees, Police Officers,the workers at the State Fair, etc

SoonerBacker
7/29/2010, 12:19 PM
First, Texas is not Oklahoma.

THANK GOD!

TexasLidig8r
7/29/2010, 12:39 PM
Ok, technically you are correct. It is 189.43 miles from Dallas to Norman while it is 196.15 from Big D to Austin. (mapquest) WOW! It is actually 6.81 miles closer to Norman! Huge difference there, Lid! I'm sure that 7 miles (I'll round it up for you) completely negates the fact that the game is played in the horns' home state! For you to say that playing the game in Dallas is not the same as playing the game in OKC is absurd and proves that you have never had to experience the BS that Sooners put up with from hotel employees, Police Officers,the workers at the State Fair, etc

So, you're saying it would be the same if you were playing sand aggy in Dallas, or aggy in Dallas, or Baylor in Dallas?

Again, the entire state of Oklahoma lives and breathes sooner football. You have a monopoly except for Thunder B-ball. There is no other athletic entertainment competition.

In Texas it's very different.

As for hotel employees, etc.. pulleeeze!!! They don't care if your shirt is orange or red as long as they get tipped. Granted, it may be different at the Notel Hotel or Red Roof Inn where you may stay, but at places like the Melrose, the Anatole, the Mansion, the Adolphus.. you get first class treatment.

But.. don't let the made up excuses get in your way though. :rolleyes:

cheezyq
7/29/2010, 12:47 PM
At no time have I associated college athlete's idiotic behavior with cheating.

One post earlier:

Your previous post asks a lot of questions...

Now the quesion remains, during recruitment of athletes, as an incentive to attend Ou, were they told that they could obtain "easy employment" at Big Red? Who knows? But, when you have numerous players "working" there, a star running back driving a Lexus, for free, for 6 weeks, employment documents being destroyed and a compliance department that turned a blind eye until emails were received... at the very least, there is an appearance of questionable propriety.

...but where are the answers? There are none. You imply that cheating is what got OU the championships, but you provide no proof, only more questions.

Again, stupid crap is one thing. You get popped for DUI... then hello, you're going to miss 3 games. Get popped for DUI a second time, good bye, you're off the team. Having the requisite mens rea to undertake criminal conduct... theft, aggravated assault on a girlfriend, being paid for work you did not do are a different matter.

This is the most ludicrous thing I've ever seen in writing. First of all, smoking pot, whether you want to admit it or not, IS criminal conduct. Second, are you honestly implying that there isn't a hint of impropriety going on at UT? Are you saying that all the UT athletes are of such high moral character that they will smoke pot on a regular basis, but by damn they sure as hell won't take money that's offered to them. Puh-leeze. As long as we're using conjecture as an argument, consider that.

I can't possibly understand why you place shoplifting on a pedestal above drug abuse in the chain of criminal activities. Beyond that, how can you defend something that is clearly a common practice among your own athletes, and condemn other institutions for individual, disparate events committed by their athletes? That's nothing if not hypocritical and entirely stupid.

It's not a matter of Ou knowing all along. It's a matter of having a compliance department run by the Three Stooges. Your compliance department knowing that so many athletes were working at Big Red, when they investigated the Peterson - Lexus issue, should have conducted a thorough investigation of the dealership to make sure it was clean.

At least OU HAS a compliance department. UT appears to run their compliance through the PR department. I can sit back just as you have and list the penalties for each of our players' individual mistakes...heck, even some who've been recruited and haven't even hit campus. It's pointless.

But, in every instance where OU has had compliance issues, they have been punished. In each instance so far in the 2000s, OU has been the one to disclose the impropriety to the NCAA, which means that they were at least doing one part of their job. Besides that, if OU were trying to hide anything, why would they disclose the compliance issue and drop their highly-recruited star QB just before a promising season? The fact is that they investigated (as did the NCAA) and OU received appropriate punishment, meted out internally and accepted (ultimately) by the NCAA.

This whole argument is a joke. It's now beyond Aggie and just plain stupid. You can try to make the absurd case that UT just recruits only morally superior athletes who abide by every rule in the book. But everyone knows you're full of it. The only reason we're discussing this is because you have NO argument that UT "rules" over anyone, and so in a jealous fit you have to make up this imaginary story that OU "only" wins by cheating. I guess you share more in common with OSU than just the horrid color orange.

Bourbon St Sooner
7/29/2010, 12:47 PM

Oh the irony.

picasso
7/29/2010, 01:02 PM
Lid, enough with the AD/Lexus ****. He drove a modest car with decent wheels until his final year at OU. I know it because I saw him get out of it.

How the **** does Sergio Kindle afford an SUV by the way?

47straight
7/29/2010, 01:14 PM
... the manner in which probations and NCAA violations are inextricably intertwined with the vast majority of your championships.

That's $580/hr at work there.

Riddle me this, if it was indeed so inextricably intertwined, then why were not those championship seasons forfeited, as USC has had to do?

The NCAA, which you have held up as the reasonable authority---as shown when you touted the fact that they didn't "punish" UT when the school paid cash money directly to prospective students and instead applied "probation"---didn't seem to think that they were so intertwined.

So where were you wrong? When you said the NCAA didn't know what they were talking about and should have punished OU, or when you said the NCAA did know what they were talking about and "didn't punish" UT?

47straight
7/29/2010, 01:19 PM
Lid, enough with the AD/Lexus ****. He drove a modest car with decent wheels until his final year at OU. I know it because I saw him get out of it.

How the **** does Sergio Kindle afford an SUV by the way?

Picasso, as I'm sure Lid will explain, the NCAA got that one completely all wrong and should have hammered OU for that, as completely opposed to the time when UT gave cash money to prospective players, which the NCAA found to not be a big deal and "didn't punish them" and put UT on probation.

You see, the NCAA knows what it is doing when it's good for UT and doesn't know what it is doing when it's good for OU. It's a very solid principle.

TexasLidig8r
7/29/2010, 02:16 PM
One post earlier:

...but where are the answers? There are none. You imply that cheating is what got OU the championships, but you provide no proof, only more questions.

Do your own research. The fact of the matter is, Ou on major probation happened within a very short amount of time of all your championships except for 1950 and 2000. If you wish to bury your head in the crimson sand and not investigate and be the "good little sooner fan" not interested in an intelligent exploration of issues, fine.

This is the most ludicrous thing I've ever seen in writing. First of all, smoking pot, whether you want to admit it or not, IS criminal conduct.

Who said it is not?

Second, are you honestly implying that there isn't a hint of impropriety going on at UT?

Of course not.

Are you saying that all the UT athletes are of such high moral character that they will smoke pot on a regular basis, but by damn they sure as hell won't take money that's offered to them. Puh-leeze. As long as we're using conjecture as an argument, consider that.

The $100 handshake after games is prevalent at all major D1 schools.

I can't possibly understand why you place shoplifting on a pedestal above drug abuse in the chain of criminal activities.

There is no placing any "crime" on a pedestal. Drug use affects the individual. Theft affects third parties and the law looks upon the commission of a theft generally as a more serious crime because the mental state involved and the impact it has on third parties. It is the diference between "stupidity" and "intentionally directing your criminal intent at third parties."

Beyond that, how can you defend something that is clearly a common practice among your own athletes, and condemn other institutions for individual, disparate events committed by their athletes?

How am I defending it when I stated on 2 occasions in the previous post that I strongly believe in one strike, a minimum 3 game suspension, strike two.. You're Gone! And why is there a difference? Why is there a difference between felonies and misdemeanors? Why are crimes involving offenses against third parties or requiring criminal intent to commit the act as an element to prove, dealt with more harshly by courts? It is the criminal intent element.

That's nothing if not hypocritical and entirely stupid.

Then, you are stating that all criminal courts and laws are hypocritical and stupid. Read up on criminal laws to understand why certain criminal acts are treated differently.

At least OU HAS a compliance department. UT appears to run their compliance through the PR department. I can sit back just as you have and list the penalties for each of our players' individual mistakes...heck, even some who've been recruited and haven't even hit campus. It's pointless.

Please.. the Ou compliance department was a joke. Go back and do a search on here about Ou fans own complaints with compliance. And part of a good compliance department is using the PR department to broadcast its policies and procedures. That goes to a deterrant factor. The more educated alumni, fans and athletes are, the less likelihood there will be of an unintentional slip up.

At Texas, on Monday of this week, during the many Mack Brown interviews, he stated that 12 days of the year, Texas holds events to educate players about interacting with agents. Does Ou do this?

Mack also stated that the Texas Compliance Dept has a bill of sale and a contract on record for every car owned by players. Does Ou?

Finally, I was listing the penalties because you stated (falsely) that UT does not punish offenders. The facts indicated otherwise. Feel free to admit you were wrong on this.. as well as many other issues.

But, in every instance where OU has had compliance issues, they have been punished. In each instance so far in the 2000s, OU has been the one to disclose the impropriety to the NCAA, which means that they were at least doing one part of their job. Besides that, if OU were trying to hide anything, why would they disclose the compliance issue and drop their highly-recruited star QB just before a promising season? (Maybe because the email specifically ratted him out?) The fact is that they investigated (as did the NCAA) (Ou investigated allegedly twice and only found improprieties after the email was sent to both Ou and the NCAA) and OU received appropriate punishment, meted out internally and accepted (ultimately) by the NCAA. Agreed.

This whole argument is a joke. It's now beyond Aggie and just plain stupid. (Perhaps because you throw out statements that are factually incorrect and/or do not have the intellect or open mindedness to see other's points of view) You can try to make the absurd case that UT just recruits only morally superior athletes who abide by every rule in the book.

I certainly never said that. On the other hand, I do not believe that a Chaisson would have been accepted at UT. In fact, when a certain well known linebacker from Texarkana got into trouble during his senior year in high school, his scholarship offer was pulled. He enrolled at Okie Lite and played for a few years.

But everyone knows you're full of it. The only reason we're discussing this is because you have NO argument that UT "rules" over anyone,

The only reason we are discussing it is because it's the off-season, I'm bored, ready for football to start and there's always at least one noob who attempts to rise to the challenge. Thank you for being this year's noob! :D

and so in a jealous fit you have to make up this imaginary story that OU "only" wins by cheating.

I never said Ou wins ONLY by cheating. In the past, it has been in your fabric. There is no denying you get good high school athletes. There is no denying your coaching has been good.
I guess you share more in common with OSU than just the horrid color orange.

You don't even have that right Sport. Okie Lite's orange is construction worker - Whataburger orange. Ours is the unique, one of a kind, most recognizable color and brand in college sports today.

But again, thanks for making the off seaon a little less boring. :D

cheezyq
7/29/2010, 02:55 PM
There is no placing any "crime" on a pedestal. Drug use affects the individual. Theft affects third parties and the law looks upon the commission of a theft generally as a more serious crime because the mental state involved and the impact it has on third parties. It is the diference between "stupidity" and "intentionally directing your criminal intent at third parties."

So a guy who smokes pot and gets in a car and drives into a building at 1am ONLY affects that individual? Doing drugs or getting drunk leads to far more injurious things than someone trying to take a coat or some gas.

Then, you are stating that all criminal courts and laws are hypocritical and stupid. Read up on criminal laws to understand why certain criminal acts are treated differently.

Context, Lid. Context. I was saying that your stance was hypocritical and stupid, not the law. You think it's entirely okay that your athletes are allowed and probably encouraged to puff away on illegal substances, while your administration pretty much looks the other way. But if some OU athlete goes out on his own and steals a coat, and subsequently is suspended from the BCS game, that it's a far greater reflection on the institution. Dumb. Hypocritical.

(Perhaps because you throw out statements that are factually incorrect and/or do not have the intellect or open mindedness to see other's points of view)

I see your point of view. I reject it as stupid, irrelevant, combative, based on Aggie-like jealousy, and ultimately wrong.

At Texas, on Monday of this week, during the many Mack Brown interviews, he stated that 12 days of the year, Texas holds events to educate players about interacting with agents. Does Ou do this?

Mack also stated that the Texas Compliance Dept has a bill of sale and a contract on record for every car owned by players. Does Ou?

Congratulations. I suppose they hand out these trophies along with the recruiting national championship trophies? Besides, I couldn't hear that interview over the sound of Cowturd slurping on Mack's penis. ("So Mack, I don't know how old you are, but you look FAN-tastic...good enough to eat...come over here big boy"). God that was awful.

Even more confusing, how can you in the same post say that UT (as well as others) doesn't follow compliance (see: $100 handshakes) and then laud the same institution for its car contracts. WTF? That's some seriously disjointed stuff there.

The reality is that OU rules over every school, not just UT. Plain and simple. Even the worldwide bastion of UT sports admits it. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468. Oh, and that ranking INCLUDES all NCAA sanctions, by the way.

You can try to obfuscate it over allegations of cheating, but it's just a desperate attempt to gloss over the fact that UT SHOULD do more with its football program. You only WISH that UT could step up to the level that OU consistently has over the decades and rule all of college football the way that OU has. That's why you come over here...to hang out with winners, to try and soak up that feeling of being consistently the best...and probably to avoid the cloud of smoke hanging over the UT boards.

Peace,
Cheez

TexasLidig8r
7/29/2010, 03:04 PM
Let's face it cheeze boy.. you're the typical college football fan who doesn't have the intellectual honesty to look at your own program and to address issues raised with your program or engage in an intellectual back and forth.

You ignore facts that contradict your opinions.

Nothing wrong with that.. most people are like that.

For a good back and forth poster, proud of his school and yet, able to be intelligent and objective... look at Micco's posts.

In any event, you can go now.

soonerborn30
7/29/2010, 03:05 PM
And you don't think that UT having the reputation of being a Grateful Dead concert with shoulderpads doesn't lure some of the more Snoop Dogg-ish recruits to your school?

So, let's just assume that OU is paying recruits to come to Norman, one way or another (cars, cush jobs, cash in envelopes, etc.) and that's how we're getting these players away from Austin. With that being the case, don't you think we offered all the kids we lost out on to UT the same deal? Why do you think they didn't take it? Maybe because the counter offer from the richest program in college football was a little better?

And you've asked for specifics about the violations, so I'll answer your question with one of my own. Can you tell me how giving a kid bus fare for a ride back home to his grandmother's funeral helps win football games? Do you really think that was a deciding factor when the kid was choosing schools? Do you think because an assistant coach took a kid to dinner at a place that wasn't approved by the NCAA that the kid is going to come here? How about when we used a rental van for recruit transportation for too long? You think that impressed him? What about the kid we offered money to, he refused, and then went somewhere else to play? You think he was instrumental in one of those NCs?

Tell you what: Find Lee Roy Selmon. Tell him that he didn't earn that ring he's got because some kid got some money from Coach Switzer to buy an outfit so he could go on a date.

cheezyq
7/29/2010, 03:41 PM
Let's face it cheeze boy.. you're the typical college football fan who doesn't have the intellectual honesty to look at your own program and to address issues raised with your program or engage in an intellectual back and forth.

You ignore facts that contradict your opinions.

Nothing wrong with that.. most people are like that.

For a good back and forth poster, proud of his school and yet, able to be intelligent and objective... look at Micco's posts.

In any event, you can go now.

Ignoring facts and not being objective? I'm not proud of the NCAA violations by any means, but I am realistic about them. They flat out **** me off. The problem is that you keep touting as "facts" these theories that you've concocted from reading about the violations from an entirely burnt-orange perspective...and then CLAIM to be objective.

On top of that, you have these crazy ideas about which illegal activities are OK and others that are not...which, conveniently for you, favors the burnt-orange point of view. But you, of course, are still objective.

The problem for you, Lid, is that I'm NOT an idiot. I'm not swallowing all the s**t that flies off your keyboard. You constantly mis-quote and misdirect, two essential qualities of a litigator. I argue facts, such as schedules, championships, etc. Then you, after getting thrashed thoroughly, misdirect. You start in on "well you cheat and this is what I read and how I, as the ever-objective Longhorn fan, interpret it"...none of which contains ANY objective analysis. I've seen this pathetic tactic dozens of times before. Not winning the other arguments, you take something, like the Big Red scandal, of which NO ONE truly knows all the details, and you use it as an opportunity to spout a bunch of BS and call anyone who disagrees an OU homer. It's a lame tactic and I'm intelligent enough to call you out on it.

So, please, continue to tell everyone here that YOU, of all people, have an objective point of view, particularly about the Sooners. :rolleyes:

SoonerBacker
7/29/2010, 04:23 PM
So, you're saying it would be the same if you were playing sand aggy in Dallas, or aggy in Dallas, or Baylor in Dallas?

Again, the entire state of Oklahoma lives and breathes sooner football. You have a monopoly except for Thunder B-ball. There is no other athletic entertainment competition.

In Texas it's very different.

As for hotel employees, etc.. pulleeeze!!! They don't care if your shirt is orange or red as long as they get tipped. Granted, it may be different at the Notel Hotel or Red Roof Inn where you may stay, but at places like the Melrose, the Anatole, the Mansion, the Adolphus.. you get first class treatment.

Hey Lid, you need a reading comprehension course. I am not saying it would be the same if we were playing any other texas school in Dallas. I am saying that the RRS game gets all of the others in the state to support the horns - even those that might not do so on any other occassion. There are a few exceptions, but very few. I have gotten the two fingered salute you guys made infamous from people wearing other school's t-shirts. I have gotten trash talk from folks wearing TCU shirts. When I inquired why they cared, they told me it was a matter of state pride. You have no idea what I have or have not experienced in Dallas.

I have been to Dallas for the game on many occassions. Virtually every year for the better part of 2 decades. Your cesspool of a state is not very different than your assumptions about Oklahoma. I have experienced that crap every time I have ever been down to that God foresaken pos state for the game. It might be different when it is not OU v tu week, but for that week, virtually everyone I encounter is talking s#*t about my State and my University. You are in your home state the entire weekend and obviously don't have to put up with it. I know what I have had to deal with. You don't.

Your posts here prove that you are suffering from the mental disease that every texican I have ever encountered suffers from - delusions of grandeur. You seem to think that texASS is the only state in the Union that is worth anything. But your burnt-orange colored glasses do nothing but deceive you.

Lastly, take your assumptions about my hotel stays while in Dallas and stick them up your overpaid, snobbish texASS! I am not the one coming to an opposing team's fan site and running my mouth. In short......
STFU!

sooneron
7/29/2010, 09:11 PM

Yes.. you have more championships. But again (and since you can't seem to differentiate between criminal conduct and NCAA rules violations giving a competitive advantage), it is a waste of time to attempt to have you conduct research into the manner in which probations and NCAA violations are inextricably intertwined with the vast majority of your championships.

I just want to make sure that I have this clear. You truly believe that uterus, which has been caught cheating in the past, (boosters, coaches or otherwise) has in NO WAY cheated since 1987? You're saying that since ut has not been caught they could not have possibly broke the rules set forth by the ncaa. If you truly believe that, I want some of what you're smoking.

JLEW1818
7/29/2010, 09:13 PM
Lid still be drinking his own pee

gaylordfan1
7/29/2010, 10:09 PM
Jlew, when we goin to get your pre-season player of the year? I noticed you have been thinking for a while.

TexasLidig8r
7/30/2010, 09:33 AM
I just want to make sure that I have this clear. You truly believe that uterus, which has been caught cheating in the past, (boosters, coaches or otherwise) has in NO WAY cheated since 1987? You're saying that since ut has not been caught they could not have possibly broke the rules set forth by the ncaa. If you truly believe that, I want some of what you're smoking.

Oh hell no Ron.. We're God's chosen team... our student athletes never skip a class and volunteer every week at orphans homes and nursing homes. They are scholars and only assume the warrior mentality during practice, work outs and games. They attend mass or church service twice a week and go to weekly confession (although because of their perfection, the actual act of contrition is very short).

They are the very essence of the respected student athlete.

As for what I am smoking.. last night it was a Cohiba Siglo VI.

sooner518
7/30/2010, 09:35 AM
As for what I am smoking.. last night it was a Cohiba Siglo VI.

good lord, could you be any douchier?

TexasLidig8r
7/30/2010, 11:42 AM
good lord, could you be any douchier?

So smoking a good cigar is a sign of being a ******?

What should it have been Fluffy... a peace pipe ?

sooner518
7/30/2010, 12:49 PM
So smoking a good cigar is a sign of being a ******?

What should it have been Fluffy... a peace pipe ?

no, but trying to inconspicuosuly brag about it on the interwebs...

im sure it was a great cigar.

SoonerAtKU
7/30/2010, 01:07 PM
Not to mention his never-subtle name dropping of his fancy hotel digs.

Truly the sign of a gauche, new-money clown.

we love you, Lid, but you HAVE to know how that stuff comes across, yes?

TexasLidig8r
7/30/2010, 02:26 PM

I didn't say I stayed there or even frequented the places. The elite hotels were thrown out as a juxtaposition with the punch line involving the Red Roof Inn or the NoTell Hotel.

I have enjoyed the French Room at the Adolphus on a few occasions, but it certainly is not a frequent haunt at all.

Of course I do... for the most part, it's schtick. But it never fails to dig into some noobies' inherent insecurities which makes them go nuts. It's all entertainment.

TexasLidig8r
7/30/2010, 02:27 PM
no, but trying to inconspicuosuly brag about it on the interwebs...

It's not bragging. It's the truth. And again, it was tendered in response to the question, "what are you smoking?" If the question had not been asked, the answer would not have been provided.

im sure it was a great cigar.

And.. it was.

sooner518
7/30/2010, 02:43 PM
And.. it was.

as you said in your previous post, you taking the obviously rhetorical question of "what are you smoking" as a real question deserving a of a serious answer, is a schtick. I get it.

for someone who is obviously such a stickler for the rules, I find it humorous that you were smoking an illegal Cuban cigar (I googled it)... Guess you're lucky you don't play for a strict disciplinarian like Mack Brown :D

badger
7/30/2010, 02:46 PM
And.. it was.

It is said that UT-Austin has over 50,000 undergrad and grad students, whereas OU has just under 30,000, or about 60 percent the size of UT's student body.

Yet, UT's football stadium only holds 100k compared to OU's 82k stadium.

What, did you whorns accidentally build your stadium too close to I-35? :D

SoonerBacker
7/30/2010, 03:06 PM
"I didn't say I stayed there or even frequented the places. The elite hotels were thrown out as a juxtaposition with the punch line involving the Red Roof Inn or the NoTell Hotel.

"I have enjoyed the French Room at the Adolphus on a few occasions, but it certainly is not a frequent haunt at all.

"...for the most part, it's schtick. But it never fails to dig into some noobies' inherent insecurities which makes them go nuts. It's all entertainment."

I have been a member of this board since 2004. You since 2003. So if my being an active member here for 6 years makes me a noob just because I have fewer posts than a Whorn fan, fine. So be it. I have far fewer posts than you because I don't spout off as often as you.

I do find it somewhat amusing that you seem to spend the vast majority of your work day (?) roaming the Sooner board. Your comment did not "dig into some noobies' inherent insecurities." I know where my family and I stay while in Dallas and did not feel the need to rub it in your face. I also know what I have accomplished in my lifetime and have no insecurities about it at all. In addition, I am able to post on a fan forum without leveling personal insults at people. Maybe you should learn to do the same.

Your comments only served to prove what I already knew about Whorn fans. As a whole, they (and you) rank among the most arrogant, self-absorbed people on the planet.

C&CDean
7/30/2010, 03:13 PM
Don't let ol' lid get to you. Truth be known, he does frequent the French Room at the Adolphus. Somebody's gotta shine the patrons' shoes.

To put it all in perspective, lid happens to be one of the "good" whorns. What does that tell you about the bad ones?

MiccoMacey
7/30/2010, 03:16 PM
Not only is he one of the good ones, he's single-handidly got this thread to NINE pages!!!

One of the all-time great fishing expeditions in internet history.

soonerborn30
7/30/2010, 03:51 PM

Truly the sign of a gauche, new-money clown.

Don't forget about his just happening to name drop the neighborhood he lives in. I don't know where it is, but I'm pretty sure it's not next to a housing project if he's bothering to give us the unsolicited information in the first place. Just sayin. Kinda seems like a Summer's Eve.

Crucifax Autumn
7/30/2010, 04:05 PM
If you took all the bull**** out of this thread you'd be left with a sink hole.

CrimsonJim
7/30/2010, 04:29 PM
as you said in your previous post, you taking the obviously rhetorical question of "what are you smoking" as a real question deserving a of a serious answer, is a schtick. I get it.

for someone who is obviously such a schtickler for the rules, I find it humorous that you were smoking an illegal Cuban cigar (I googled it)... Guess you're lucky you don't play for a strict disciplinarian like Mack Brown :D

Fixed.

cheezyq
7/30/2010, 04:35 PM
Your comments only served to prove what I already knew about Whorn fans. As a whole, they (and you) rank among the most arrogant, self-absorbed people on the planet.

This...but don't forget deluded. In this thread alone Lid equated his opinions and theories to fact. Reminds me of George Costanza commenting to Jerry as he's about to take the polygraph - "Remember, it's not a lie, if you believe it."

soonerboy_odanorth
7/30/2010, 05:20 PM
Lid,

As you are reminding everyone that all Sooners are cheaters, I would like to remind you that your stadium is named after one, so much penis envy you have of the great University of Oklahoma.

Thanks for playing.

Now go smoke one of those rolled turds you're touting.

JLEW1818
7/30/2010, 06:42 PM
Jlew, when we goin to get your pre-season player of the year? I noticed you have been thinking for a while.

I like Stills!

sooneron
7/31/2010, 10:35 PM
Ok, so the French Room at the Adolphus is like a "men's" bath house or something? Just wanna know so I can steer clear. Heh, steer.

TexasLidig8r
8/2/2010, 10:37 AM
Don't forget about his just happening to name drop the neighborhood he lives in. I don't know where it is, but I'm pretty sure it's not next to a housing project if he's bothering to give us the unsolicited information in the first place. Just sayin. Kinda seems like a Summer's Eve.

No no no Fluffy... a poster before remarked about my location being in Austin...

Like most everything he said, it was incorrect. So, the location information was simply brought out to correct an inaccurate statement.

After all, don't we strive for accuracy and fair play on here?

I would have been name dropping if I had said "Highland Park or University Park." :D

soonerborn30
8/2/2010, 01:06 PM
No, he was talking about your education being from Asstin. But you felt the need to drop the name of a presumably exclusive area of Dallas where you supposedly live. Whatever, dude.

TexasLidig8r
8/2/2010, 01:39 PM
No, he was talking about your education being from Asstin. But you felt the need to drop the name of a presumably exclusive area of Dallas where you supposedly live. Whatever, dude.

I thought he was expressing his homophobic and provincial views on the City of Austin... well.. just like you. How magnificently droll.

There's nothing exclusive about Preston Hollow.. just some nice houses.. some nice trees.. close to most everything and inside that hellhole LBJ Freeway.

Asstin.. how cute.. how.. groupthink. :D

cheezyq
8/2/2010, 02:31 PM
:rolleyes:

Lid likes to elevate his opinion of himself in other ways, not particularly by name-dropping neighborhoods, etc. He tries, quite pathetically, to use words/phrases like "magnificently droll" and "erudite" and "groupthink" in a poor attempt to appear sophisticated and intelligent. I highly doubt that any truly sophisticated person would be trolling around on a sports forum debating about the color orange.

In reality, Lid is the perfect forum tag for him, because it describes his posting-style quite accurately. Just as a toilet lid covers up the contents within, Lid's vocabulary simply masks the fact that his arguments and opinions are ultimately just ****.

Oldnslo
8/2/2010, 02:44 PM
it's now August.

And Texas still sucks.

soonerborn30
8/2/2010, 02:56 PM
I thought he was expressing his homophobic and provincial views on the City of Austin... well.. just like you. How magnificently droll.

There's nothing exclusive about Preston Hollow.. just some nice houses.. some nice trees.. close to most everything and inside that hellhole LBJ Freeway.

Asstin.. how cute.. how.. groupthink. :D

Actually, I was referring to it the way the original poster did so as to jog your memory about how incorrect you were. As a musician, I love the city of Austin, it's one of the best on the planet for creative people. I don't let the fact that blowhards like you came from there ruin it for me.

TexasLidig8r
9/27/2010, 10:03 AM
FINALLY, AND ONCE AGAIN, THE MOST GLORIOUS WEEK OF THE YEAR... HAS ARRIVED!!!

TEXAS - Ou week.

The week when the Red Roof Inns are all filled to capacity.

The week when 7 - 11 overstocks its supply of Burrito Supremes.

Topless joints on Harry Hines drool in anticipation of making more money this weekend than at any time of the year.

Pizza Hut takes on extra Ou graduates to serve as pizza delivery boys to speed the process.

Dallasites hide their puppies in anticipation of Bob Stoops arrival in town.

Ah.. glorious, glorious Texas - Oklahoma week. And yet.

It is still September.

FAR too early to be preparing for this game.

Break out the cigars and good whiskey. It's drinkin' time.

Phil
9/27/2010, 10:23 AM

Getting a head start on drowning your sorrows, huh, Lid? Well, a head start for this Saturday, anyway. You may not have stopped drowning your sorrows from a couple of days ago.

picasso
9/27/2010, 10:30 AM

TEXAS - Ou week.

Mack Brown pleads his case on ESPN, Fox Sports, Springer, Povich and Honcho Magazine.

The week when 7 - 11 overstocks its supply of orange colored anal lube.

Topless joints on Harry Hines drool in anticipation of making more money this weekend than at any time of the year.

Pizza Hut takes on extra UT graduates to serve pizza delivery boys who have over active sex drives.

People living in first floor apartment buildings are on the lookout for SUV's.

Dallasites hide their daughters in anticipation of UT football players'Ho arrival in town.

It is still September.

Break out the cigars, designer jeans, cowboy boots, and good whiskey. It's drinkin' time.

Fixed.

texaspokieokie
9/27/2010, 10:31 AM
amazes me that lid spends so much time posting on this board.

maybe (like myself) he got banned from all tejas boards for posting
something really innocous.

CrimsonJim
9/27/2010, 10:36 AM
amazes me that lid spends so much time posting on this board.

maybe (like myself) he got banned from all tejas boards for posting
something really innocous.

It amazes me that that so many people listen to and respond to his crap. IGNORE him and he will fade away...

Lott's Bandana
9/27/2010, 10:39 AM
It amazes me that that so many people listen to and respond to his crap. IGNORE him and he will fade away...

Who will?

The Ghost of Mex
9/27/2010, 10:55 AM

TEXAS - Ou week.

The week when 7 - 11 overstocks its supply of Burrito Supremes.

Pizza Hut takes on extra Ou graduates to serve as pizza delivery boys to speed the process.

Dallasites hide their puppies in anticipation of Bob Stoops arrival in town.

It is still September.

Classic case of paranoid delusional behavior. I predict you will hit bottom around 5:30 PM Saturday Oct 2nd, 2010. Please don’t take it out on your boyfriend, it’s not his fault. Violence is never the answer.

Trust me, I’m a doctor…

olevetonahill
9/27/2010, 12:19 PM

What the hell are you talking about? Ignore who?:confused:

Soonermagik
9/27/2010, 01:07 PM
I can't believe he even posted after that UCLA debacle. Do us a favor, go back to the trailer park put on your jorts, cowboy boots and grab a bottle of whiskey and drown your sorrows away. You may be suicidal after Saturday.

fossil
9/27/2010, 01:24 PM
Red River smack seems to be getting an early start this year.

:D It helps LID get his mind off the fact that the Horns got their *** handed to them Saturday.

TexasLidig8r
9/27/2010, 01:48 PM
I can't believe he even posted after that UCLA debacle. Do us a favor, go back to the trailer park put on your jorts, cowboy boots and grab a bottle of whiskey and drown your sorrows away. You may be suicidal after Saturday.

An Okie talking about trailer parks and jorts has got to be the absolute height of ironic posturing!!!!

TexasLidig8r
9/27/2010, 01:49 PM

If I faded away, you would have no one to spend so much time negspekking Sunny Jim.

pilobolus
9/27/2010, 01:54 PM
12. UT is ranked 6th all-time and OU is ranked 23rd all time by David DeLassus

What I want to know is who is this guy, and what in the hell is wrong with him?:confused:

CrimsonJim
9/27/2010, 02:04 PM
Who will?

What the hell are you talking about? Ignore who?:confused:

I dunno, but The Ghost of Mex & Soonermagik didn't get the memo. ;)