PDA

View Full Version : Jenkins/Lindsey Construction??

yukonsooner
7/22/2010, 09:39 PM
I was just in Norman and was wondering if anyone knows when this construction is to be completed. It seems like it is getting worse. If this isn't completed before the season starts traffic is going to be worse than usual. Any updates???

gaylordfan1
7/22/2010, 09:43 PM
they have 44 days to get it done. I was just there tonight riding bikes and I agree, it seems to be getting worse.

gaylordfan1
7/22/2010, 09:43 PM
anyone have a clue what they are doing? Building Stoops and underground bat-cave?

oudavid1
7/23/2010, 04:40 AM
Building Stoops and underground bat-cave?

Actually yeah.

Shakadoodoo
7/23/2010, 06:32 AM
The back way into Norman is quicker anyway - You know that left exit right before you hit the construction. It takes you closer to Downtown Norman instead of Lindsey.

yermom
7/23/2010, 06:52 AM
shh...

and yeah, it's certainly a pain. maybe they are finally widening Lindsey?

SoonerDood
7/23/2010, 08:28 AM
I'm surprised they didn't start construction the night before the first game, as Norman has been known to do before.

Boomer.....
7/23/2010, 08:33 AM
I don't know which construction you are talking about but I do know that they are widening Lindsey east of Jenkins to the train tracks. It's going to be 4 lanes with a garden median. It should be done by school time.

texaspokieokie
7/23/2010, 08:45 AM
are the buildings @ jenkins & boyd completed ??

seems loke they've been very slow.

yermom
7/23/2010, 09:38 AM
i think they are

NormanPride
7/23/2010, 09:53 AM
I don't see any way they get that completed by game time. There's still a huge hole in the ground.

gaylordfan1
7/23/2010, 09:56 AM
are the buildings @ jenkins & boyd completed ??

seems loke they've been very slow.

Yeah, they finished that some time ago... The main construction is at the corner of Jenkins and Lind. Right in front of the Switzer center. They have a mound of dirt on the turf practice field large enough to be the burial site of King Kong.

stoopified
7/23/2010, 10:46 AM
That whole mess sucks.

betterstill
7/23/2010, 11:12 AM
They told my spouse, who also rides bikes around there, that they are putting in underground cables.

bri
7/23/2010, 06:17 PM
Yeah, they finished that some time ago... The main construction is at the corner of Jenkins and Lind. Right in front of the Switzer center. They have a mound of dirt on the turf practice field large enough to be the burial site of King Kong.

Actually, they took up the turf practice field yesterday. This construction has been the bane of my existence this summer.

bent rider
7/23/2010, 06:35 PM
Its really eff'ed-up traffic, not that it was ever very smooth.

I think they're building a secret underground operations center for the King under the Switzer Center. From there he and his henchmen will control his vast restaurant and political empire. Bwahh,hah,hah.

oudavid1
7/23/2010, 11:58 PM
They need to widen Lindsay street. But i dont think its super plausible.

prrriiide
7/24/2010, 08:25 AM
The back way into Norman is quicker anyway - You know that left exit right before you hit the construction. It takes you closer to Downtown Norman instead of Lindsey.

Sooner Rd./12th St.

4 lanes all the way into Norman.

SoonerBacker
7/24/2010, 08:31 AM
I'm in the process of selling my house and moving back to Norman. The one thing I'm NOT looking forward to is all of the road/traffic problems.

SoonerPr8r
7/24/2010, 09:38 AM
Yes the buildings on Boyd and Jenkins are complete (and quite cool if you ask an engineering student on campus).That construction on Jenkins started towards the end of the spring semester, I think it was some sort of water/gase line issue. I know a couple of weeks ago they ruptured the gas line and had to evacuate campus.

HBick
7/24/2010, 02:37 PM
SoonerPr8r that construction started at the end of February. Lindsey between Asp and Jenkins was closed the Monday after finals. They are blaming their delays on weather which is bullsh*t because there are time when I go by there at like 2PM and there is no one anywhere in sight. It's a damn nightmare, and I have a feeling they'll get it done in time, but it probably won't be finished when classes start which will be a major headache for me (classes in Gaylord).

They are redoing the drainage and sewage lines, or so I was told by one of the workers at O'Connell's. It is pathetic, this was supposed to take 40 days, we're coming up on 5 months (1 month removed for "weather").

Leroy Lizard
7/24/2010, 02:40 PM
SoonerPr8r that construction started at the end of February. Lindsey between Asp and Jenkins was closed the Monday after finals. They are blaming their delays on weather which is bullsh*t because there are time when I go by there at like 2PM and there is no one anywhere in sight. It's a damn nightmare, and I have a feeling they'll get it done in time, but it probably won't be finished when classes start which will be a major headache for me (classes in Gaylord).

They are redoing the drainage and sewage lines, or so I was told by one of the workers at O'Connell's. It is pathetic, this was supposed to take 40 days, we're coming up on 5 months (1 month removed for "weather").

Construction taking longer than planned? In Oklahoma? Wow, what a surprise.

delhalew
7/24/2010, 11:03 PM
If you've never watched half a dozen road workers stand around and stare at a pothole, you haven't lived. It's like watching national geographic.

Boomer.....
7/26/2010, 07:57 AM
Titillating?

bri
7/30/2010, 07:51 AM
Good news, everyone! Thanks to the hard work and diligence of the crews, the project will be finished on time! And by "on time" I mean "well behind schedule".

Construction related to the new utility plant just north of the Huston Huffman Center will be delayed eight weeks, with expectations for Jenkins to re-open Aug. 19 and Lindsey on Sept. 11, OU spokesman Chris Shilling said.

Originally scheduled to be completed before the beginning of the fall semester, the project has been troubled by above-normal rainfall frequency and intensity this summer as well as unexpected delays in relocating utilities at the Lindsey and Jenkins intersection, he said.

“Crews are working around the clock to make up for as much lost time as possible,” Shilling said by e-mail. “However, not all the time can be recovered and work will continue into the fall semester.”

The utility plant and distribution system is set to provide chilled water, steam and electricity to campus buildings, he said.

Work had stopped on the installation of a storm water drainage component June 17 due to a natural gas leak and had not restarted until July 24.

The leak was caused by construction on Lindsey Street and Jenkins Avenue as workers punctured a natural gas line along the road.

Urge to kill....rising.

gaylordfan1
7/30/2010, 09:31 AM
It's rained once this entire summer! WTF.

bri
7/30/2010, 08:57 PM
Yeah, but it was one really intense rain. :rolleyes:

yankee
9/1/2010, 06:10 PM
LINDSEY IS NOW OPEN IN FRONT OF THE STADIUM WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

yermom
9/1/2010, 06:19 PM
now they can close it for gameday! :D

SoonerDomiNation
9/1/2010, 06:28 PM
I tailgate at lindsey and jenkins they better have it open or ima whoop someones arse come saturday.

StoopTroup
9/1/2010, 07:37 PM
They are making room for more Trophies.

illinisooner
9/1/2010, 07:49 PM
They are making room for more Trophies.

It's all about trophies.

Crucifax Autumn
9/1/2010, 08:30 PM
In Vegas every time I've moved they've followed me with road construction making sure to place it directly between me and anywhere I want to go. We have more orange cones than neon at this point.