PDA

View Full Version : Funny poke fan

w0lfe
7/22/2010, 12:28 PM
So this poke fan decided to start an arguement with me about our football program. You know how they are..... So i gave him a little incite about our series... I asked him a question, it said "do you think its harder to win 1 game or a conference championship?" He answered Conference championship. I asked him " Do you know OU has more than double conference championships than OSU has wins over OU" Yup, i think i won that arguement :D

w0lfe
7/22/2010, 12:29 PM
Oh and he mentioned that we were living on the past again. ha!

OKLA21FAN
7/22/2010, 12:35 PM
program on the rise!

(again) :pop:

SoonerLB
7/22/2010, 12:40 PM
Enough of his delusional childishness, take him by the hand and lead him to the sheep pen, where he too can become a man.

badger
7/22/2010, 12:48 PM
The Oklahoman had a fun column today on how OSU is finally realizing that a football program that his healthy, vibrant and not shutout by its state rival is important to the future of its athletics program. Link here. (http://newsok.com/berry-tramel-osu-has-to-beef-up-football-program/article/3478341?custom_click=lead_story_title)

I know OSU went to a Final Four more recently than we did. I know they have 49 national championships. None of that pays the bills, Pokes. Your athletic department is losing money and will continue to until your football program becomes a consistent draw.

Soo... is that the fault of the Poke fans for not selling out the "BooneDock" (nice, Berry) or the Poke coach for not beating the Fairweather Fan cheatin' Gooners once during his head coaching career?

:stunned: or [hairGel]

?

gaylordfan1
7/22/2010, 12:51 PM
[hairGel]!

Serge Ibaka
7/22/2010, 12:56 PM
I've been speaking with a Poke-buddy of mine, and he says that there's a lot of fire-Gundy! sentiment in Stillwater. He even linked me to a thread on a message board where tons of people were calling for his job.

Does that even make sense? What's wrong with OSU fans?

Soonerntxs
7/22/2010, 01:27 PM
program on the rise!

This year OSU will be #3 in the State

#1 OU

#2 Beggs, Pee-Wee Football

#3 Pokes

badger
7/22/2010, 02:05 PM
I've been speaking with a Poke-buddy of mine, and he says that there's a lot of fire-Gundy! sentiment in Stillwater. He even linked me to a thread on a message board where tons of people were calling for his job.

Does that even make sense? What's wrong with OSU fans?

I think it's nice that they have high expectations for their program and will not be satisfied till they are a contending team year-in, year-out, but till Gundy does something similar to his transition year (2005, losing season, no bowl), the "fire gundy" sentiment is too early.

It is likely based off the fact that expectations in the media are incredibly low for this year's Poke bunch. Fifth in the Big 12, no preseason All-Big 12 selections, just lost Dez, Okung and their starting studly quarterback (no joke, Zac is kind of cute!)

However, preseason expectations shouldn't fire anyone, or cause anyone to call for a firing. Let him coach the season out, THEN call to fire his arse when he goes 4-8 :D

Serge Ibaka
7/22/2010, 02:09 PM
I think it's nice that they have high expectations for their program and will not be satisfied till they are a contending team year-in, year-out, but till Gundy does something similar to his transition year (2005, losing season, no bowl), the "fire gundy" sentiment is too early.

It is likely based off the fact that expectations in the media are incredibly low for this year's Poke bunch. Fifth in the Big 12, no preseason All-Big 12 selections, just lost Dez, Okung and their starting studly quarterback (no joke, Zac is kind of cute!)

However, preseason expectations shouldn't fire anyone, or cause anyone to call for a firing. Let him coach the season out, THEN call to fire his arse when he goes 4-8 :D

If anything, I think that he has the culture of the ball-club going in the right direction. He's recruiting well; the players seem to like him, and they want to him for him. That's important.

I just can't imagine any coaching-swap in Stillwater that would make much of a difference. If they're going to win anytime soon, I am confident that that winning will occur under Gundy.

goingoneight
7/22/2010, 02:14 PM
Just about any coach in the country could be 0-fer against two of the top programs coached by two of the top coaches in the country if all he had was a "half full" stadium and orange to wear.

I think the fans and haters of Ol' 40-man don't realize how bad it's really been in Stoolwater before. Most folks' impression of OSU is Thurman Thomas, Barry Sanders, Les Miles, and now the coach who supposedly can't win the big one.

What coach ever has there? I mean, this is a program that had Barry Sanders, Thurman Thomas and HOF Coach Jimmy Johnson before and never won the big one on any of those respective years.

T. Boone was right... they have elevated their status with all this money thrown into Boone's Farm. The elevated from Iowa State/Baylor/stepping stone/damn lucky to have a Sanders, Thomas, Johnson, Miles, etc. to Texas Tech status. I see coaches at better programs doing worse under much more ideal conditions.

Mississippi Sooner
7/22/2010, 02:17 PM
YOU THINK WE ARE GOING TO FINISH BEHIND BAYLOR??? [hairGel]

w0lfe
7/22/2010, 03:50 PM
I dont think there will ever be a time when they can recruit with the oklahoma's and texas's around this area. Even though they believe that they will this year... and then maybe next year.... and maybe the year after that..... Always turning the corner

soonerborn30
7/22/2010, 05:18 PM
I've been waiting for the fire Gundy talk to surface ever since old man Pickens bought the university. It's only a matter of time before a shrewd businessman like T Boone wants to see a little ROI. Gundy has given him none to speak of yet. If he doesn't beat one of the big two this year I'll bet it's his last.

badger
7/22/2010, 05:30 PM
I think Pickens will stick with Gundy so long as they don't completely destroy everything they've seemed to build within the last few years.

Returning to a record that they had [hairGel]'s first season would be destroying what they've built, and I'm not talking about invisible athletic villages or micro-big screens on GIA's endzone.

OSU absolutely needs a 7-6 season... a 6-6 regular with a low-tier bowl win, like Gundy's other so-so build-toward-something years in 06 and 07. Putting up a slight fight against us wouldn't hurt either.

Wait a sec... why the eff am I discussing Poke ball? Poke ball is mediocre and boring. Excuse me... returning to OU football discussions now :D

Breadburner
7/22/2010, 06:07 PM
They always start the football arguement....I have been responding 28-0lately, they either comeback with some comment about OUr bowl games or try to say wrasslin is the real sport....

MR2-Sooner86
7/22/2010, 06:19 PM
Wow...this guy has been sniffing something...

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=181&f=2336&t=6139734

Expectation

- anticipation of something happening: a confident belief or strong hope that a particular event will happen

- notion of something: a mental image of something expected, often compared to its reality

- expected standard: a standard of conduct or performance expected by or of somebody

Washington State @ Stillwater
Head Coach, Paul Wulff: 3-22
2009: 1-11; Rushing Offense - 118th, Passing Offense - 100th, Rushing Defense - 117th, Passing Defense - 115th
Returning Staters: Offense - 8, Defense - 9

Expectation: Win

Troy @ Stillwater
Head Coach, Larry Blakeney: 153-77-1
2009: 9-4, Rushing Offense - 60th, Passing Offense - 4th, Rushing Defense - 53rd, Passing Defense - 118th
Returning Starters: Offense - 5, Defense - 3
* OC, Neal Brown to TT Tek

Tulsa Yellow Wind @ Stillwater
Head Coach: Todd Graham: 33-20
2009: 5-7, Rushing Offense - 58th, Passing Offense - 32nd, Rushing Defense - 63rd, Passing Defense - 103rd
Returning Starters: Offense - 9, Defense - 5 (?)

TAMU Skin Heads @ Stillwater
Head Coach: Mike Sherman, 10-15
2009: 6-7, Rushing Offense - 30th, Passing Offense - 16th, Rushing Defense - 90th, Passing Defense - 106th
Returning Starters: ?
* A&M must replace 3 Starters on the OL. Freshmen are currently projected at both Tackle spots and at Center.
* A&M is breaking in a new DC and a new Defensive Scheme and their DL are highly suspect.
* The already suspect Secondary lost its best defender in Jordan Pugh.
* A&M was 0-7 in televised games last season... this is both a televised game and a home game.

Louisiana @ Lafayette
Head Coach: Ricky Bustle, 38-56
2009: 6-6, Rushing Offense - 72nd, Passing Offense - 49th, Rushing Defense - 99th, Passing Defense - 70th
Returning Starters: Offense - 5, Defense - 6

Tee Tee Tek @ Lubbock
Head Coach: Tommy Tubberville, 0-0 @ Tek (110-60 over-all)
2009: 9-4, Rushing Offense - 115th, Passing Offense - 2nd, Rushing Defense - 38th, Passing Defense - 73rd
Returning Starters: Offense - 7, Defense - 5
* Tek will be mere months away from internal unrest that ripped the program apart.
* Tek is breaking in a new HC, a new OC, a new DC, a new Offensive Scheme, and a new Defensive Scheme.
* oSu OC, Dana Holgorsen has no mental block about winning in Lubbock. He, in fact, has fared quite well there.
* Tek is unsettled at QB.
* All but one Starter on the DL will be transfers or freshmen.
* Both CB's are inexperienced with one being a freshman.

Runaway Deserting Children of the Corn @ Stillwater
Head Coach: Bo Pelini, 20-8
2009: 10-4, Rushing Offense - 62nd, Passing Offense - 101st, Rushing Defense - 9th, Passing Defense - 18th
Returning Starters: Offense - 10, Defense - 6
* oSu will be returning home for homecoming after two consecutive road games and with a perfect 6-0 record on the season. oSu will be confident and sky high.
* The Cornsters will be coming off their "Red out" showdown with Texas the week before an event they're already hyping as the biggest thing to happen in Nebraska since the invention of Cornbread. Emotional nose dive.
* The Leaf Pullers will find the loss of Outland Trophy winner, Suh, top Tackler, Dillard, and a total of 5 of their top 6 Defenders to be devastating in the face of Holgorsen's high octane air assault Offense.
* The Runaway Deserter Offense will again prove to be as lame and inept as last season.
* The team that couldn't handle Iowa State at home last year darned sure won't be able to handle Oklahoma State on the road.

Mild Cats @ Manhattan
Head Coach: Bill Snyder, 142-74-1
2009: 6-6, Rushing Offense - 36th, Passing Offense - 106th, Rushing Defense - 16th, Passing Defense - 83rd
Returning Starters: Offense - 7, Defense - 6
* On the heels of pummeling the Leaf Pulling Deserters for Homecoming in Stillwater, this trip to Manhattan is a scary deal. Snyder's good. The difference in talent, depth, and Championship mission will make the difference in outcome.

Teddy Bears @ Stillwater
Head Coach: Art Briles, 8-16 @ Baylor (42-44 overall)
2009: 4-8, Rushing Offense - 108th, Passing Offense - 37th, Rushing Defense - 98th, Passing Defense - 75th
Returning Starters: Offense - 7, Defense - 2
* Baylor is still Baylor.

Horny Bovines @ Austin
Head Coach: Mack Brown, 128-27
2009: 13-1, Rushing Offense - 61st, Passing Offense - 22nd, Rushing Defense - 1st, Passing Defense - 19th
Returning Starters: Offense - 3, Defense - 5
* The Horned ones will find the loss of Shipley, McCoy, and most of the Offensive Starters to be a crushing blow against the likes of the Cowboy Defense Bill Young will bring to Austin.
* The left side of the already suspect Horn OL was wiped out due to graduation.
* As evidence to how lame the Tejas Running Game was and how good our Rushing Defense was, facing the number one ranked Rushing Defense in the the Nation, we out rushed them ( 134 Yards to 99 Yards) in last years contest.
* The Bovine DL is so paper thin they anticipate having to play true Freshmen.
* Not only did the Calcium Deposit Heads lose their best 3 DL (Acho, Kindle, & Houston), they also lost their best LB (Muckelroy) and best Pass Defender (Brown) too.
* This time, Tejax won't benefit from 5 oSu turnovers including 2 INT returns for TD's and another drive that starts at the Cowboy 15 YL.

Jaded Squawks @ Lawrence
Coach: Turner Gill, 0-0
2009: 5-7, Rushing Offense - 101st, Passing Offense - 7th, Rushing Defense - 56th, Passing Defense - 96th
Returning Starters: Offense - 8, Defense - 7
* Gill will wish he remained in Div. III

Zero Squatters @ Stillwater
Coach: "Big Game" Boob Stops, 117-29
2009: 8-5, Rushing Offense - 77th, Passing Offense - 11th, Rushing Defense - 8th, Passing Defense - 20th
Returning Starters: Offense - 5, Defense - 5
* What are you left with when you remove 7 NFL Draft picks a co-starting RB and 4 other 2 deep seniors from a 5 loss, 4th place in the 6 team South Division Team? Bryan Royles... free gas... and that's about it.
* Stillwater!
* Big XII Championship!
* BCS Bowl!

If not now, when?

No more waiting. This is that elusive "next year".

:eek:

fadada1
7/22/2010, 06:21 PM
until the poke realize that they will ALWAYS have a mediocre football program, then......

screw it. it's not worth arguing the same thing we have since year 1.

AZSOONER
7/22/2010, 06:48 PM
Half my family are poke fans, and it gets tough around the holidays. There's always gotta be somethin with them.

soonerboomer93
7/22/2010, 07:21 PM

He might be delusional (well, he is delusional) but there is nothing wrong with having the expectation your team will win every game. It's the same expectation most Sooner fans have. I know it's my ecpectation each and every year

stoopified
7/22/2010, 07:26 PM
Cowpuke fans have a HUGE inferiority complex,otherwise they would just admit they are a wrasslin and golf school,nothing more.

I recall running into a bunch of orange-clad puke fans at the Furr's in Moore the Sunday after OU's 16-13 loss to UT,they were all high-fiving and gloating( as if T.Boone State had won).Funny thing is Puke fans were nowhere to be found after the 42-14 UT beatdown or the 27-0 shellacking we put on them.

I got a further taste of TBS stupidity when I heard a group of T. Boone State fans the other day bragging about how GREAT their D was going to be this year.The funniest part was they cited their STOUT performance on D vs. OU.They were actuallyPROUD of holding us to 27 points,it was such an improvement over the last several years. I laughed so hard I had tears running down my cheeks.

AlbqSooner
7/22/2010, 07:31 PM
Will the year they fire Gundy be the TRUE Year of the Cowboy?

MR2-Sooner86
7/22/2010, 07:36 PM
He might be delusional (well, he is delusional) but there is nothing wrong with having the expectation your team will win every game. It's the same expectation most Sooner fans have. I know it's my ecpectation each and every year

Yes but our expectations are grounded in reality and can actually happen. I mean some of the things they say, "Texas won't be ready for the D we'll bring to Austin" or "who does OU have outside of Broyles? Nobody!"

picasso
7/22/2010, 07:38 PM
If anything, I think that he has the culture of the ball-club going in the right direction. He's recruiting well; the players seem to like him, and they want to him for him. That's important.

I just can't imagine any coaching-swap in Stillwater that would make much of a difference. If they're going to win anytime soon, I am confident that that winning will occur under Gundy.

He's living off of what Les Miles started. He was even hired because the administration forced Miles' hand.

Think about the fact that although there's major league parity these days, Miles beat OU, aTm and Nebraska.
That doesn't happen at Poke State.

silverwheels
7/22/2010, 09:49 PM

LMAO. Those Pokes may not be intelligent or physically attractive or beneficial to the gene pool, but they can be pretty entertaining.

w0lfe
7/23/2010, 07:51 AM
HA! wow that guy really thinks they will win them all. Who do they have? Not one preseason all big 12 lol. An old man at QB that our LBs and DE's will be putting on the ground all day. That school doesnt even know what a ten win season feels like, much less going undefeated haha. Maybe they can play some division 2 ball and win 10 games

NormanPride
7/23/2010, 10:18 AM
Holy crap. They don't play a pass D out of the 100's until they go to Louisiana. They could put up some numbers early.

Not saying they'll win, but they could put up numbers. :D

cheezyq
7/23/2010, 12:38 PM
program on the rise!

It's easy to be on the rise all the time when you reside at the bottom. Likewise, it's impossible for OU to ever be on the rise...we're always at the top.

soonerborn30
7/23/2010, 04:12 PM

Are we sure this isn't satire? I mean, seriously. Surely no one is this messed up. And if it is serious, I actually feel a little sorry for the little fella that wrote that. I remember when I was 12 and I thought OU was gonna win every game, and asked my dad every year if this was the year. This was in the Gibbs era. So he'd shake his head and sadly say, "probably not, son." Then, when we did lose (a lot) I was crushed. I was in utter shock that we could lose a game. That's how this poor dumdum is going to feel all year. We should get his email address and send him a nice e-card after every loss.

:D

misplaced_sooner
7/24/2010, 05:45 PM
check the sig.......

Shakadoodoo
7/24/2010, 06:14 PM

They can read Anthony Robbins and Napoleon Hill all day long -but once you do - Application must be near by!

You have to have a working plan for those thoughts to manifest!

oudivesherpa
7/24/2010, 07:14 PM
Objectively, if the Pokes have a 7 win season it will be a good year for them.

Does anyone know what the Vegas line is on Pokes wins?

SoonerDood
7/26/2010, 09:40 AM
Keep in mind these facts about Poke fans:
They believe they achieved parity with us in the 80s despite not winning a single game.
They dominated the 90s with a 3-6-1 mark against us.
They hate Tulsa because Tulsa should be their little brother, but is a historically better program.
They belive they've achieved parity with the horns this decade despite an 0-10 record.
They believe that winning the Houston Bowl is better than winning the Big XII and the Rose Bowl.