PDA

View Full Version : All Big 12 selections for preseason named

badger
7/22/2010, 10:32 AM
And the football news keeps coming in!

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100722_92_0_NORMAN797441)

The Sooners tied Texas for most representatives. Oklahoma State and Iowa State are the only schools that did not have anyone selected.

Poor Pokes. :stunned:

Also, tiebreaker goes to the Sooners over Texas (again, lol) for first because Ryan Broyles was on the list twice, as both a receiver and return man :D

NormanPride
7/22/2010, 11:10 AM
DM over Hunter? Pokes will be pissed.

Mississippi Sooner
7/22/2010, 11:13 AM
Poor Pokes, indeed. They really believed Pickens was going to supply them with a team to go with their shiny new stadium.

Sorry, aggies. All you did was put lipstick on a pig. And it's a disgusting shade of orange, too.

badger
7/22/2010, 11:20 AM
Sorry, aggies. All you did was put lipstick on a pig. And it's a disgusting shade of orange, too.

Totally - who wears orange lipstick? Crimson all the way.

;)

goingoneight
7/22/2010, 11:23 AM

Call me a homer, but I've watched Hunter the last few years more than enough to say he's a Chris Brown-style of runner. He benefitted big time from OSU's zone-read offense where the QB was doing more than just dropping back to pass unlike OU's backs who are running a draw or pass-blocking.
I'm not in anyway saying Hunter's a bad player. I do acknowledge they didn't get much out of him in 09 due to injury.
Still having said all of that I can't pick Hunter ahead of DM for the same reason I can't pick Malcom Kelly over Ryan Broyles. There's an obvious difference certain players make in multiple aspects of the game.

badger
7/22/2010, 02:07 PM
Did I mention I'm excited about the upcoming season? :)

AlbqSooner
7/22/2010, 07:47 PM

No doubt. Reality seems to be a Debbie Downer in Stoolwater.

MR2-Sooner86
7/22/2010, 08:19 PM

Throw me in with the "I don't see it" camp. I've seen Hunter play and he's not the second coming of Barry Sanders like many Poke fans scream up and down about.

No1Better
7/22/2010, 08:33 PM
Just wait until we have 10 teams - "on offense, the writers select Oklahoma, on defense, Texas". You get the idea...

oudavid1
7/23/2010, 04:42 AM
Call me a homer, but I've watched Hunter the last few years more than enough to say he's a Chris Brown-style of runner. He benefitted big time from OSU's zone-read offense where the QB was doing more than just dropping back to pass unlike OU's backs who are running a draw or pass-blocking.

This was a really really good point.

Hopefully you"ll be changing your SF screen name soon.

TexasLidig8r
7/23/2010, 08:01 AM
Throw me in with the "I don't see it" camp. I've seen Hunter play and he's not the second coming of Barry Sanders like many Poke fans scream up and down about.

And with only one returning offensive line starter returning, yards will be precious... and few.

Dayum.. last year really was supposed to be "Pokie Lite's" year.

tfoolry
7/23/2010, 09:37 AM
I'm optimistic about our O-line as I don't think Good is the best lineman we have.

NormanPride
7/23/2010, 10:00 AM
And with only one returning offensive line starter returning, yards will be precious... and few.

Dayum.. last year really was supposed to be "Pokie Lite's" year.

How the hell did they collapse so bad? They were pretty dang good in '08! I mean, we lost all our main offensive starters and still managed to put something together. Were they really just Dez and a bunch of nobodies?

IronHorseSooner
7/23/2010, 11:30 AM
I'm optimistic about our O-line as I don't think Good is the best lineman we have.

^ This. Good has been the most productive of the starting five, but I believe that Stephenson will have the best year. When I was thinking about guys who would make that team, I wrote off all of the OL guys, because I couldn't think of one that stood out as one of the best in the conference. Four of those guys have the POTENTIAL to get there; I need to see more of what Evans can do before I put him in that category. I hope that Brandon learned from last year, because I am really pulling for the guy to live up to his abilities.

It will be interesting to see who is on the second team and honorable mention. It wouldn't shock me to see The Stache, Adrian Taylor, Frank Alexander, McFarland, Nelson, and Way on those teams.

By the end of the season, I will be REALLY shocked if The Hammer isn't on one of those teams, along with Kenny Stills. BTW, mark it down now, Kenny Stills will make the Freshman All-American team at the end of the year.

badger
7/23/2010, 11:46 AM
How the hell did they collapse so bad? They were pretty dang good in '08! I mean, we lost all our main offensive starters and still managed to put something together. Were they really just Dez and a bunch of nobodies?

Zac, their starting QB, got injured to the point that they got some nobody that nearly crashed and burned at home against the Colorado freakin' Buffaloes and then replaced him with some old guy who used to play baseball.

Sooners and whorns alike know what happens when starting QB's go down. The fact that Pokette also had their starting wide receiver not receive enough coaching and instruction in the ways of the NCAA rules to the point that he thought he had to lie to get by? Potentially a factor, but not as much as a starting QB going out.

Rhino
7/23/2010, 11:59 AM
Alexander Robinson should have been picked over DM.

Hunter should probably be third team.

Mississippi Sooner
7/23/2010, 12:10 PM
Robinson did average almost a hundred yards a game last year. Not too shabby.

I'll be interested to see what he does on October 16th of this year.

ndpruitt03
7/23/2010, 02:20 PM
Why is Stephen Good on the first team? I'm not even really that sure he is one of the five best offensive linemen on our team.

ndpruitt03
7/23/2010, 02:23 PM
Colorado has 2 preseason all Big 12 linemen and they will probably score about 12 points a game.