PDA

View Full Version : Questions for KW or BV?

soonerborn30
7/22/2010, 09:25 AM
My wife will be attending a luncheon with them and there will be a Q and A session at the end. Anything you want her to ask?

gaylordfan1
7/22/2010, 09:27 AM
Have her ask KW if Heupel is going to take his job next year. I believe there is a thread here somewhere discussing the pro's and cons.

soonerborn30
7/22/2010, 09:33 AM
Yeah, I think I saw a little thread about that.

:D

Lott's Bandana
7/22/2010, 09:34 AM
Have her tell him she could make the play against that dayum shotgun draw.

Soonerntxs
7/22/2010, 09:41 AM
Have her ask KW if his FS vision is sometimes is a problem from the booth, and if so, would he consider asking HEUPEL to relay D formations prior to issuing any draw.

rawlingsHOH
7/22/2010, 09:41 AM
Have her tell him she could make the play against that dayum shotgun draw.

got to keep running it so the defense has to honor it.

OK2U
7/22/2010, 09:45 AM
got to keep running it so the defense has to honor it.
But not on the goal line in, oh, I don't know, a big game.
(LET #7 leap over the damn pile)

stoops the eternal pimp
7/22/2010, 09:48 AM
Ask either one if they've ever considered getting their play calls from SoonerFans.com since the posters there are better at it than both of em....

Mississippi Sooner
7/22/2010, 09:51 AM
Ask them if they have any Grey Poupon.

Lott's Bandana
7/22/2010, 09:53 AM
Ask either one if they've ever considered getting their play calls from SoonerFans.com since the posters there are better at it than both of em....

^this^

:P

goingoneight
7/22/2010, 11:16 AM
Have her ask KW if his FS vision is sometimes is a problem from the booth, and if so, would he consider asking HEUPEL to relay D formations prior to issuing any draw.

You do realize Heupel ran the shotgun draw on pretty much every running play during his playing days, don't you? Hero Mike Leach did the se thing for 11 years. I don't know if it rings though clearly enough, but you do need to block for any call to work.

Lott's Bandana
7/22/2010, 11:19 AM
You do realize Heupel ran the shotgun draw on pretty much every running play during his playing days, don't you? Hero Mike Leach did the se thing for 11 years. I don't know if it rings though clearly enough, but you do need to block for any call to work.

Hated it then too.

I will concede, it is a much different result when someone like Q gets the ball and then hides in the trees.

Soonerntxs
7/22/2010, 12:33 PM
goingoneight I was being a smartypants, & yes I realize, but I know that in order to go from 7 to 8, KW must see that after the 3rd try on 1st and goal, try something else.:D

swardboy
7/22/2010, 12:39 PM
For KW: Should we go under center more often since when we do it now it tends to tip off we're gonna run the ball.?

For BV: How's preparation going for a back-up MLB, since when Ryan went out against * two years ago we were practically helpless at that position.?

NormanPride
7/22/2010, 12:40 PM
For BV: With the popularity of the 3-4 in the NFL and thus in recruiting, combined with its uses in pass defense in a pass-happy league, have you or the other coaches considered switching base defenses?

And don't let them give you that "we use 3-down formations frequently" crap. I'm talking BASE defense. As in they line up in the I with two wide on first down and we trot out with three DL because that's what we freaking do.

EDIT: I don't care either way, just curious. And I hate when they dodge good questions.

For KW: The two latest recruited QBs are "athletic" and have been featured by their HS teams in running plays as well as passing. Combined with the recruitment of smaller, dual purpose RBs, are we aiming for a more spread/flex/single wing offense down the line? (i.e. Florida, WVU, Meatchicken, etc)

Leroy Lizard
7/22/2010, 06:31 PM
For both coaches: How much do you think the average football fan knows about your job?

I'm not being sarcastic, btw. I think it is a fair question that they would willingly answer.

I know what Switzer would say.

goingoneight
7/22/2010, 07:02 PM
For Coach Wilson:

1. Uh, hey coach! Over here... Hey, Coach Wilson... sup?

2. Oh, sorry-sorry-sorry... ummm... so do you think a moustache helps call plays or make plays... cuz I noticed you and Landry ditched them.

3. Nah, really-really-really... ummm... Landry Jones fired off five interceptions against Nebraska last year... are you gonna fire Josh Heupel?

4. Huh? Why not?

5. Do you think Colt McCoy was faking it against Alabama because of that big, strong, scary, ludicrus-fast SEC defense?

6. Why did you call for a fumble against Texas? That's pretty dumb. So was the interception play... what was the point in that?

Brent Venables:

1. Hey man... uh... would you say you or Will Muschamp goes crazier on the sidelines?

2. Willie Martinez, Willie Muschamp... would you say our Willie is better than Texas's?

3. How much time do you spend in practice working on swagger?

4. Can we go to like... a 1-1-9 defense? I mean, that might help up cover the middle better I think.

5. You think if we have our starters get arrested more, it will make us better like those teams in the SEC?

6. How does it feel to shut out the most powerful offense in the world?

oudavid1
7/23/2010, 04:50 AM
Have her ask which one of these SF accounts is really them.

And and whoever made that thread about KW or JH(Its about time the boy got his own acronym) is a freaking genius

gaylordfan1
7/23/2010, 10:16 AM
[I]2. Willie Martinez, Willie Muschamp... would you say our Willie is better than Texas's?
/I]

^ My favorite question!

cheezyq
7/23/2010, 12:42 PM
Hated it then too.

I will concede, it is a much different result when someone like Q gets the ball and then hides in the trees.

This...but that's why I don't necessarily think it's KW's fault that we still run it. It was the least effective during the Chuck Long era. At least KW will run other plays occasionally to get the D guessing once in a while.

Oh, and for BV: Can you tell me which 2 games our defense will be throwing...er, um...looking completely confused and lost, so that my wife knows ahead of time which 2 weeks I will be pissed off?

delhalew
7/23/2010, 01:02 PM
This...but that's why I don't necessarily think it's KW's fault that we still run it. It was the least effective during the Chuck Long era. At least KW will run other plays occasionally to get the D guessing once in a while.

Oh, and for BV: Can you tell me which 2 games our defense will be throwing...er, um...looking completely confused and lost, so that my wife knows ahead of time which 2 weeks I will be pissed off?

Man, Tech last year was shocking.

soonerborn30
7/23/2010, 04:00 PM
Some very good questions so far. She's cute and stuff so I'm sure one of them will answer her questions :D .

So STEP, NormanPride, and...I can't believe I'm typing this...Lizard, your questions will be submitted.

I'll let everybody know if she gets answers.

Soonerntxs
7/23/2010, 04:07 PM
Thanks for allowing us to poke a little fun with the request; best of luck to her & as always, BOOMER SOONER!