PDA

View Full Version : Wort, Lewis, & Company

PLaw
7/22/2010, 06:44 AM
I have a feeling that for the first time since TGOWWDNS, WORT; LEWIS; and Company will revive a "swagger" and attitude that died that dreadful day. I think it will be contagious and spread through the coaching staff. And, yes, BOB GETS HIS MOJO BACK and becomes BIG GAME BOB once again.

BOOMER

sooner n houston
7/22/2010, 06:48 AM
So it is written, so it will be!

:D

Soonerntxs
7/22/2010, 07:12 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0107/ncf_u_tlee_600.jpgI do believe that this special blend of LB's will be noted for 1. breaking a helmet 2. 2-KO's in a single game (*no serious injury, to any player*) 3. Most spacticular hits in 1 season 4. Setting a record for most sacks at the OU vs. saxet Game 5. Having a play named after one or all them. http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/64/648399.jpg

BosworthXXXL
7/22/2010, 08:50 AM
I can't wait to see them on the field together

KantoSooner
7/22/2010, 09:11 AM
I just want to see Wort land one of those air-to-air missile hits on a UT running back. One of those where the RB is stopped cold, small pieces of debris fly in all directions and Wort travels through the point of impact like nothing ever happened. One of those where the RB lies on his back after the play with his hands still up in the air for no reason, kind of jiggling around. Yep, one of them hits.

Am I asking too much?

yermom
7/22/2010, 09:12 AM
T. Lewis was a surprise as a Freshman, R. Lewis came out as a killer last year

if Wort has a similar coming out party this year and the others just maintain i think you guys are right

soonerborn30
7/22/2010, 09:17 AM
Pardon my ignorance here, but TGOWWDNS?

And I too am anxiously awaiting seeing Ronnell Lewis just running over RB's roughshod. This D is gonna be fun to watch.

gaylordfan1
7/22/2010, 09:22 AM
Travis Lewis is established, thats a guarantee. R. Lewis has shown what he can do on ST and in his first full game on defense against Stanford... Very impressive. Wort is well known for his monstrous highlight videos where he totally annihilates everything in his path. He was hyped by BV last year as a true freshman and was expected to get significant snaps. I only hope we aren't hyping this kid too much.... I would hate to see what everyone says if he is just a mediocre MLB and doesn't take a helmet off at least every game. But, we all know Box can play and doesn't give up much ground, as he has shown in all his backup roles. And to have BV again saying again that Wort will be the projected starter at MLB with no experience.... Well I'm very excited to see what he can do. I believe his nick name is "Tom the BOMB".

C&CDean
7/22/2010, 09:37 AM
Pardon my ignorance here, but TGOWWDNS?

And I too am anxiously awaiting seeing Ronnell Lewis just running over RB's roughshod. This D is gonna be fun to watch.

The Game Of Which We Do Not Speak. The Lord Voldemort of games. You'll have to figure out which game it is though. I cannot speak - or even think of it.

OK2U
7/22/2010, 09:42 AM
You've already said too much.

soonerborn30
7/22/2010, 10:24 AM
Ohhhh....OK. I think I got it. Thanks, Dean

Mad Dog Madsen
7/22/2010, 10:35 AM
Do any of you think Texas goes all out and calls the 65-13 thrashing TGOWWDNS or something similar? I'm actually sick of hearing and seeing TGOWWDNS. I don't think that's what Oklahoma football should be about. We played terrible. We got our butt's handed to us on a silver platter. OU football has dished out many over the years. Let's take it like men. I think it's a shame to act like it never happend or not even speak of it.

sooner518
7/22/2010, 10:40 AM
Do any of you think Texas goes all out and calls the 65-13 thrashing TGOWWDNS or something similar? I'm actually sick of hearing and seeing TGOWWDNS. I don't think that's what Oklahoma football should be about. We played terrible. We got our butt's handed to us on a silver platter. OU football has dished out many over the years. Let's take it like men. I think it's a shame to act like it never happend or not even speak of it.

im sick of hearing about it too. thats why we dont speak of it. :D

Mad Dog Madsen
7/22/2010, 10:47 AM
im sick of hearing about it too. thats why we dont speak of it. :D

Hahaha. Alrighty then I guess we'll leave it at that! :rolleyes:

Mississippi Sooner
7/22/2010, 10:49 AM
"I'm not here to talk about the past."

Mad Dog Madsen
7/22/2010, 10:53 AM
"I'm not here to talk about the past."

I've seen you mention Thomas Lott, Billy Sims, Keith Jackson, Steve Davis, Billy Brooks, and even Steve Young and Joe Montana!!! But ok... :D

Soonerntxs
7/22/2010, 10:53 AM
One year I watched a state fan about 6yrs old bust out in tears and I told him to put that chin up and dry those eyes, and just enjoy football, his dad was about 6'7 300lbs. and looked at me and without a sound said thanks behind his sons back and then said outloud, besides son, we'll get em next year. For me OU Football is my hobby, I don't have a boat or motorcycle, I split season tickets and go to every game; I have watched OU hand out punishment and get it back 2 fold. When we get it, I just dry my eyes and lift my chin and tell my wife we'll get em next year. "GOD is Great!, OU is Good! & people are Crazy!"

Mississippi Sooner
7/22/2010, 11:08 AM
I've seen you mention Thomas Lott, Billy Sims, Keith Jackson, Steve Davis, Billy Brooks, and even Steve Young and Joe Montana!!! But ok... :D

You mean this isn't...

Whoa! Time flies when you are having fun. :pop:

OK2U
7/22/2010, 11:17 AM
http://kotv.images.worldnow.com/images/8828413_BG2.jpg
Before R. Lewis even arrived on campus.

goingoneight
7/22/2010, 11:45 AM
Between Wort, Ronnell and Quinton Carter... I don't think people will wanna cross over the middle or swing pass too much.

SoonerLB
7/22/2010, 11:55 AM
I'm just simply giddy with anticipation. ;) This is gonna be fun boys, let the season begin!

Dio
7/22/2010, 11:55 AM
I just want to see Wort land one of those air-to-air missile hits on a UT running back. One of those where the RB is stopped cold, small pieces of debris fly in all directions and Wort travels through the point of impact like nothing ever happened. One of those where the RB lies on his back after the play with his hands still up in the air for no reason, kind of jiggling around. Yep, one of them hits.

Am I asking too much?

In other words....Scotty Hill'd

54EV42w4_t0

Salt City Sooner
7/22/2010, 12:44 PM

54EV42w4_t0
mebbe even Reggie Barnes'd

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fn44lp1BGuo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fn44lp1BGuo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

gaylordfan1
7/22/2010, 12:54 PM
http://kotv.images.worldnow.com/images/8828413_BG2.jpg
Before R. Lewis even arrived on campus.

At first glance I thought that was AD....... :confused:

KantoSooner
7/22/2010, 12:59 PM

54EV42w4_t0

Why yes, yes that would do nicely.

delhalew
7/22/2010, 02:29 PM
The carnage could be the stuff of legends.

KantoSooner
7/22/2010, 02:52 PM
Such a simple thing, really; it's all about the transfer of kinetic energy.

sooner59
7/22/2010, 03:50 PM
I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about the defense this year. I hope we are so dominating that the other team just hangs their heads when they have to go back on offense. I would sacrifice a toe to shut out texas again.

PLaw
7/22/2010, 05:41 PM
The Game Of Which We Do Not Speak. The Lord Voldemort of games. You'll have to figure out which game it is though. I cannot speak - or even think of it.

Top 3 worst day of my life. can't erase it from my memory. dreadful shame.

Crucifax Autumn
7/22/2010, 07:05 PM
I have a dream that we'll go all season without anyone scoring on us.

AlbqSooner
7/22/2010, 07:41 PM
In the Scott Hill vs Tony Dorsett video you will notice a Pitt player on the ground to the right side of the screen. He attempted to block Hill but wiffed when Scott went over the top and delivered the blow. Dorsett - "Never stopped in college football" according to many NFL announcers - ended the day with 17 yards on 12 carries. Sorry folks, he was stopped.

oudavid1
7/23/2010, 04:59 AM
He was hyped by BV last year as a true freshman and was expected to get significant snaps.

Dude, they said they wanted him to start (Over Reynolds) as true freshman

I only hope we aren't hyping this kid too much.... I would hate to see what everyone says if he is just a mediocre MLB and doesn't take a helmet off at least every game.

liked this :)

Chiliman
7/23/2010, 11:06 AM
Dude, they said they wanted him to start (Over Reynolds) as true freshman

Apparently, Wort has great potential. But if you think BV was going to start a freshman over Reynolds, I've got some land I would like to sell you.

KYHonorarySooner
7/23/2010, 12:32 PM
Top 3 worst day of my life. can't erase it from my memory. dreadful shame.

Well, don't sweat it! That game no longer even exists thanks to Petey, Bush, and the NCAA!

PLaw
7/23/2010, 03:35 PM

Heck no, they don't. They know they will get a shot at us come the next October with the promise of atoning the sins of the previous year.

On the other hand, who the heck knows when we will ever get a shot at a great USC team stacked with ineligible players.

BOOMER

PLaw
7/23/2010, 03:46 PM
Wort is well known for his monstrous highlight videos where he totally annihilates everything in his path. He was hyped by BV last year as a true freshman and was expected to get significant snaps. I only hope we aren't hyping this kid too much.... I would hate to see what everyone says if he is just a mediocre MLB and doesn't take a helmet off at least every game. Well I'm very excited to see what he can do. I believe his nick name is "Tom the BOMB".

Tom the Bomb?? Works for me. As for the reincarnation of THE BOZ, I understand he is sporting a bright red mohawk, maybe not as good as Boz's mullet, but certainly a step in the right attitude direction.

Boomer

oudavid1
7/23/2010, 04:21 PM
Apparently, Wort has great potential. But if you think BV was going to start a freshman over Reynolds, I've got some land I would like to sell you.

A "Source" who wears a crimson and cream polo on gamedays for OU said that to me. I never saw him play so i really dont know. But thats what i was told.

SoonerKnight
7/24/2010, 07:44 PM

Pipe down 'Arry Potter!!! :rolleyes:

:D