PDA

View Full Version : Keith "Sooner 4 Life" Gallon Update...

the_ouskull
7/21/2010, 08:40 PM
From the Journal Sentinal:

"The Milwaukee Bucks' three 2010 draft choices experienced a mixed bag last week in the Las Vegas summer league. First-round draft choice Larry Sanders had a good week, averaging 14.0 points and 8.4 rebounds, and was named to the 14-man all-league team. But it was a different story for second-round picks Tiny Gallon and Darington Hobson. Gallon had what coach Scott Skiles termed a "rough week," while Hobson could only observe as he was sidelined with a groin injury that already has set him back in his short NBA career. Sanders started every game and averaged 3.2 blocked shots and 33.6 minutes per game as the Bucks went 1-4. He shot 44.6% from the floor and made 10 of 17 free throws (58.8%)."

He was going up against grocery sackers and he's already a blurb. Why? They were hungry grocery sackers... and not hungry in the way that Gallon gets after it's been 30 minutes since his last digestive movement, either.

the_ouskull

Eielson
7/21/2010, 09:17 PM
Screw him.

Curly Bill
7/21/2010, 10:52 PM
I'd like to see Tiny served a big ol helping of FAIL.

badger
7/21/2010, 11:14 PM
I don't wish him ill will. I suspect that the TMZ sh!t was not as big of a deal as Pokes hoped (it sounded like his mom borrowed money... omg, non-athlete moms NEVER borrow money).

However, even though he was a Sooner for a season, I don't expect him to make it in the NBA. I would be really surprised if he did. It amazes me how much he dropped off from the AA game to college to now the NBA summer league.

Eielson
7/22/2010, 12:11 AM
I don't wish him ill will. I suspect that the TMZ sh!t was not as big of a deal as Pokes hoped (it sounded like his mom borrowed money... omg, non-athlete moms NEVER borrow money).

However, even though he was a Sooner for a season, I don't expect him to make it in the NBA. I would be really surprised if he did. It amazes me how much he dropped off from the AA game to college to now the NBA summer league.

He was a flat out stud against Baylor I think. He had his moments, but screw him anyway.

the_ouskull
7/22/2010, 02:12 AM
He was too talened and too gifted physically to not "go off" occasionally against college comp.

Welcome to the league, chubby.

the_ouskull

Boomer.....
7/22/2010, 07:22 AM
When Sampson was on the SA, he talked about how he needed tons of work. He also said his conditioning was horrible.

birddog
7/22/2010, 08:03 AM
sorry, tiny, doesn't look like you did yourself any favors.

perhaps you should get the ball rolling a lil faster and join Big Country on his boat.

badger
7/22/2010, 10:30 AM
It is worth mentioning that they drafted another big local guy - Tulsa Hurricane Jerome Jordan - but traded him to the Knicks. They actually took Jordan three picks ahead of Tiny in the second round.

So, even with this negative review in the local periodical, they must have seen some upside, some potential some...thing to keep Tiny and trade Jerome.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/22/2010, 10:40 AM
LMAO!!! ..."Keith "Sooner 4 Life" Gallon" That's a good one!

BillyBall
7/22/2010, 11:52 AM
When Sampson was on the SA, he talked about how he needed tons of work. He also said his conditioning was horrible.

Did he call or text that opinion?

Boomer.....
7/22/2010, 12:29 PM
It was obviously a text. :D