PDA

View Full Version : Possible Agent Problems for Marcel Dareus

Sabanball
7/20/2010, 05:52 PM
Wow, didn't see this coming. I've about HAD IT with these damn agents!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5396236

oudavid1
7/20/2010, 05:55 PM
I hope they dont take away his stiff arm on gilbert in the MNCG

goingoneight
7/20/2010, 06:20 PM
Let me slip on my whorn/aggy logic cap for a moment:

"Only OU has players accepting improper benfits. They always say kids all across the country are getting into trouble like this... but as you can see... it's only them. Have you seen my chart about OU's probations?"

Leroy Lizard
7/20/2010, 07:43 PM
The problem is everywhere. The NCAA is hammering those institutions that either look the other way or try to cover it up.

Crucifax Autumn
7/20/2010, 07:54 PM
Let me slip on my whorn/aggy logic cap for a moment:

"Only OU has players accepting improper benfits. They always say kids all across the country are getting into trouble like this... but as you can see... it's only them. Have you seen my chart about OU's probations?"

Lid? Is that you?

:D

Sabanball
7/20/2010, 08:24 PM
Evidently a number of players from different institutions were at this 'party', including some from NC and SC. Also, at this point, it's strictly an 'in-house' investigation by the university, not the NCAA. As I understand it, IF he cannot prove he paid his travel expenses then it IS a violation. How serious, I'm not sure yet. BUT, if an agent is involved, then I would think he's done. However, I'm reserving judgment until all the facts are in. This story literally just broke this afternoon, and is still very fluid in coming out. Thankfully, I have full confidence that Nick will handle the matter the right way and judiciously. As much as I would hate to lose Marcel, we will move on without him and cut him loose in a heartbeat if he's guilty. Of that I'm sure.

And the stiff arm on Gilbert stands no matter what--this happened supposedly in the spring or early summer according to ESPN--AFTER we won the BCS title game. Our NC is not in jeopardy.

goingoneight
7/20/2010, 10:24 PM
Sabanball has the Sabanballs to start a thread about his own team being in hot water over something.

Kudos. Hope the guy didn't fark up like that.

oudavid1
7/21/2010, 01:26 AM
S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C

gaylordfan1
7/21/2010, 08:30 AM
What is up with these kids? Damn, I hope Bobby doesn't let ANYONE from our school attend any of these parties. Sounds like they will be knocking on a lot of doors.

Seamus
7/21/2010, 12:25 PM
And the stiff arm on Gilbert stands no matter what--this happened supposedly in the spring or early summer according to ESPN--AFTER we won the BCS title game. Our NC is not in jeopardy.

Whew! I'd hate to think of you guys with less than 56 national football titles. ;)

Leroy Lizard
7/21/2010, 05:13 PM
If the NCAA declared Marcel ineligible for last year's bowl, how many national titles would Bama have to give up?

Sabanball
7/22/2010, 06:32 PM
Sabanball has the Sabanballs to start a thread about his own team being in hot water over something.

Kudos. Hope the guy didn't fark up like that.

At least now maybe you know I'm not just a sunshine pumper. I report the good and the bad.;)

Sabanball
7/22/2010, 06:35 PM
Whew! I'd hate to think of you guys with less than 56 national football titles. ;)

Yup....I KNEW I could get someone on here to question the legitimacy of our 2009 title!!;)

goingoneight
7/22/2010, 09:41 PM
:mack: IF MARCEL DAREUS DIDN'T PLAY, WE WOULDA WON BIG!!!11111!!11 :texan:

Sabanball
7/22/2010, 10:02 PM
Leave it to Mike Bianci to get in on this....(oh, but never mind that ole Mikey graduated from UF's school of journalism...of course he would not be biased!!!!)

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2010/07/forget-southern-cal-alabama-is-ncaas-most-consistent-cheater.html