PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Has OU's Season Win Total Line Set at 10.5

htownsooner7
7/20/2010, 01:33 PM
For the non-gamblers out there this means that to bet the "over" and win, OU must be 11-1 or 12-0. Bowl wins do not count. Obviously, to bet the "under" and win, you would need OU to lose 2 or more games. Not a lot of wiggle room for losses from our boys. In an indirect way, this means that the oddsmakers believe the public perception to be that this team is elite. No other BCS conference team is set higher, Ohio State is also set at 10.5. Bama is at 10, and the whorns at 9.5.

I've been told by quasi-insiders that the largest driving factor in setting these totals is the schedule, which makes sense.

This sets the bar pretty high. What say you, ready to pony up and bet that the boys are 11-1 or undefeated? That would put us squarely in the national championship hunt.

TahoeSOONER
7/20/2010, 01:44 PM
I say Vegas is right more than they're wrong.

If you forced me to bet I'd take the over because I'm a homer.

htownsooner7
7/20/2010, 03:00 PM
I like the over as well. If we are undefeated after Texas, we are in excellent shape. Lose against Texas and still have a chance to run the table.

XingTheRubicon
7/20/2010, 03:18 PM
We've had at least 2 losses during the regular season 4 times in the last 5 years.

So I'll take the under and then root against myself.

Curly Bill
7/20/2010, 03:21 PM
I'd take the under, but yeah I'd never bet that because I couldn't stand to do it.

humblesooner
7/20/2010, 04:37 PM
I think I need to make a road trip to Vegas to check out this line for myself.
I'll let you know when I get back. :D

soonervegas
7/20/2010, 04:43 PM
I think we will hit the over, but if I was at Ceasar's with $500 in my hand....it would go on the under. It's the safer play.

MojoRisen
7/20/2010, 04:50 PM
Clearly the under - 11-1 would be awesome.. and right in the mix...

fadada1
7/20/2010, 04:59 PM
I say Vegas is right more than they're wrong.

If you forced me to bet I'd take the over because I'm a homer.

if you've ever been to vegas, you'd know this is VERY true:D

htownsooner7
7/20/2010, 05:14 PM
I agree, the safer play is on the under but I just have a feeling that we hit the over.

TXBOOMER
7/20/2010, 06:46 PM
I'm taking the over this year. D is gonna dominate. No more than one loss!

KantoSooner
7/21/2010, 10:06 AM
When I was a young man, I came up with a 'system' to win, consistently, at gambling. I explained it to my father when we were sitting in a book establishment, watching a game. He listened and then beckoned me to walk outside with him. On the street, he pointed out the towering buildings, the flashing lights, the ooze of money that is Vegas. He then asked me a simple question.
"Do you think these people lose money very often? Or very consistently?"

If Vegas is saying 10.5, then that's a pretty solid number.

yermom
7/21/2010, 10:17 AM
all that number means is that half the bettors would pick either side

OU averages 10 wins a year with 12 game seasons

Mississippi Sooner
7/21/2010, 10:24 AM
When I was a young man, I came up with a 'system' to win, consistently, at gambling. I explained it to my father when we were sitting in a book establishment, watching a game. He listened and then beckoned me to walk outside with him. On the street, he pointed out the towering buildings, the flashing lights, the ooze of money that is Vegas. He then asked me a simple question.
"Do you think these people lose money very often? Or very consistently?"

If Vegas is saying 10.5, then that's a pretty solid number.

I had the same sort of experience with my father, but when my dad took me outside and told me to look at the tall buildings and flashing lights, he hopped in a cab with a cocktail waitress. I haven't seen the old fart knocker ever since.

KantoSooner
7/21/2010, 03:34 PM
My dad: 10 fatherhood points

Your dad: Face on money

Mississippi Sooner
7/21/2010, 04:13 PM
My dad: 10 fatherhood points

Your dad: Face on money

No doubt about it. His face is on every three dollar bill you see.