PDA

View Full Version : T. Lewis: 'D' will be as good or better

OK2U
7/20/2010, 01:21 PM
VIDEO:http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/01_sooner_football_notebook.html

w0lfe
7/20/2010, 01:59 PM
I could see our D being pretty stout. I definitely think we will be more speedy this season on D

Serge Ibaka
7/20/2010, 02:06 PM
That D would be better had we gone to the Southeastern Conference--then it could have SEC SPEED!

But alas, we're stuck with crummy Big (12?) speed.

But seriously: I'm psyched to see all of our linebackers flying around the field this season.

Eielson
7/20/2010, 05:41 PM
We could be comparable, but not better. Gerald McCoy left a whole that's just too big to fill.

oudavid1
7/20/2010, 05:56 PM
All on Wort and Lewis, i think McFarland can handle the middle, but Ronnell being a full time starter and Wort who im sure will be balls out good needs to show he can cover. oh dont forget about our new corners

badger
7/20/2010, 06:03 PM
Travis Lewis is not one to exaggerate his opinion of his team, teammates or brag about either. He address the subject of his team's defense with modesty and humility.

This was especially evident after the Red/White game, when a victorious Travis Lewis, dressed in white to support his team, looked out for the wants and needs of the losing side and their expected meal.

I keep asking what they want on their hot dogs and them beans. This will go on for all year. Every day I will remind them of this

Travis will never stop showing care and concern for the nutrition of opponents.

:D

Tigeman
7/20/2010, 06:50 PM
Did anyone else think that sounded like Sammy doing the interview?

Eielson
7/20/2010, 08:00 PM
All on Wort and Lewis, i think McFarland can handle the middle, but Ronnell being a full time starter and Wort who im sure will be balls out good needs to show he can cover. oh dont forget about our new corners

Handle and dominate are two completely different things. McCoy was one of the best DT's of this past decade.

AlbqSooner
7/20/2010, 08:14 PM
We could be comparable, but not better. Gerald McCoy left a whole that's just too big to fill.

A whole what?;)

soonerfromgeorgia
7/20/2010, 08:26 PM
I never put much stock into what the players think or say, they always seem to think their team is improving from year to year and it doesn't matter what team they play for.

oudavid1
7/20/2010, 08:48 PM
Handle and dominate are two completely different things. McCoy was one of the best DT's of this past decade.

He was, but now that hes not there to get double teamed i think McFarland has an opportunity to step in and make big plays

PLaw
7/20/2010, 09:09 PM
Just need to have the DT's and CB's step up and we could be really, really good. LB's, DE's, and Safeties are solid.

BOOMER

prrriiide
7/21/2010, 12:38 AM

You sure he didn't just leave a half?

:P

The thing about GM was that he was so dominant that he opened up things for others on the d-line by attracting double teams. Unless JMac can do the same, the other DLmen won't have as easy of a time as they did last year. On the plus side, you can look for things to open up pass rush-wise in the middle because Beal and Alexander are going to give OCs this season nightmares. Teams will run more on us between the tackles than they did last year. OTOH, we will have more sacks than we did last year. I aloso look for more LB stunts than we have had in the past due to the physical play of both Wort and R Lewis.

PalmBeachSooner
7/21/2010, 01:31 PM
A whole what?;)

A whole hole.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/21/2010, 01:58 PM
Not sure what he is supposed to say..."If we work really hard, we won't be near as good as we were last year."