PDA

View Full Version : Just Another Guy...bwahahaha

swardboy
7/19/2010, 09:33 PM
Terry Bradshaw: Jimmy Clausen "just another guy"
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 19, 2010 10:15 AM ET
Most criticism of Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen has centered on his personality, rather than his physical gifts.

But FOX analyst Terry Bradshaw calls Clausen "just another guy" and points to Clausen's mechanics as another reason why the Panthers were able to draft him midway through the second round.

"I don't like his motion," Bradshaw said, speaking at this weekend's celebrity golf tournament in Lake Tahoe. "I just thought he was way too slow with his delivery, way too much shoulder action. Physically, in the way he threw a football, I just didn't like him."

sooner518
7/20/2010, 07:41 AM
"I don't like his motion," Bradshaw said, speaking at this weekend's celebrity golf tournament in Lake Tahoe. "I just thought he was way too slow with his delivery, way too much shoulder action. Physically, in the way he threw a football, I just didn't like him."

I dont know jack crap about quarterbacking mechanics, but even I could see that his throwing motion is all screwed up. Its like he puts every ounce of strength in his torso to get rid of the ball and it takes freaking forever to come out. its the exact opposite of Sam, who seems to just flick his wrist and the ball comes firing out. effortless

SoonerLB
7/20/2010, 10:41 AM
I wish him nothing but failure. :)

badger
7/20/2010, 10:43 AM
Terry Bradshaw once insulted Favre. I have never listened to him and his expertise on quarterbacks ever again, no matter what he did with the Steelers a million years ago.

(and this is despite the fact that I can't stand Favre now)

Mad Dog Madsen
7/20/2010, 10:47 AM
Terry Bradshaw once insulted Favre. I have never listened to him and his expertise on quarterbacks ever again, no matter what he did with the Steelers a million years ago.

(and this is despite the fact that I can't stand Favre now)

Well, he's not wrong about Clausen...

TheHumanAlphabet
7/20/2010, 11:02 AM
Maybe he can wear his H.S. rings all over the place. I don't think he has any ND rings...

soonerboy_odanorth
7/20/2010, 11:15 AM
Bradshaw had an unconventional grip (index finger on the very tip of the ball). So it's a pretty silly pot calling kettle...

badger
7/20/2010, 11:20 AM
Maybe he can wear his H.S. rings all over the place. I don't think he has any ND rings...
http://purplejesus.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/jclausen001.jpg
Limp-wristed, porcupine-haired QB seeks time machine to avoid wasting three years of mandatory college play on Charlie Weis and Notre Dame.

Frozen Sooner
7/20/2010, 11:27 AM
Bradshaw had an unconventional grip (index finger on the very tip of the ball). So it's a pretty silly pot calling kettle...

Dan Fouts held the ball the same way. At some point I think we can call that another way of doing it right instead of screwed up mechanics.

Sooner04
7/20/2010, 11:30 AM
But he overcame that with a bazooka for an arm. Everything Clausen throws seems to have a slight balloon effect.

But when you win four Super Bowls........

soonerboy_odanorth
7/20/2010, 12:37 PM
Froze & 04... I agree... I wasn't saying it was screwed up mechanics for Bradshaw or Fouts... just unconventional. And I think his "too much shoulder action" or whatever the case, while they may be technically poor or unconventional mechanics (a number of very successful QB's have been tagged with that), does not preclude Clausen from being a successful QB. Nor does not having a rocket arm.

On this Bradshaw seems to be needlessly nit-picking. I wish he just would have said, "I don't like the guy. Whatever it is, the mechanics, whatever... I don't like the guy."

For me you take Clausen's messy or unconventional mechanics, tie them to his just better than ok arm strength, and then bundle it all up with that messed-up nougat of his...

Well that's another potential Ryan Leaf meltdown worth waiting to see. :D

delhalew
7/20/2010, 01:18 PM
To hell with Bradshaw for making me want to defend Clausen, something which I refuse to do. It seems like a petty and personal attach. Clausen fell to the second round, which he should have. It just seems a little early for these criticisms. It not like he is Tebow.

Sooner04
7/20/2010, 01:22 PM
It not like he is Tebow.
That's correct. Clausen never won anything.

stoopified
7/20/2010, 01:42 PM
Fucq Clausen

delhalew
7/20/2010, 01:49 PM
I'd like to find out if Tebow can take a punch like Clausen.

SoonerLB
7/20/2010, 02:05 PM
Limp-wristed, porcupine-haired QB

I like that almost as much as "Punchy", LOL!

I'd like to see Punchy and Timah get in a ring and do this to each other:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keZLvsXs-sQ

swardboy
7/20/2010, 04:01 PM
<Sulu>Oh My!<Sulu>

soonerboy_odanorth
7/20/2010, 08:27 PM
I'd like to find out if Tebow can take a punch like Clausen.

It's not like he defended said punch all that well...

'Course... if your whole senior football team was kicking your *** out of the bar and you lipped off and got punched... well that is your own fault...

Did I make that up? Well... yes, yes I did.

Out of the realm of possibility. Uhh... no.

Funny how a self-proclaimed All-American first round NFL draft pick, with all the press scrutiny of ND and the NFL on him, was innocently leaving a bar (a bar known to be a favorite of the ND older players) and went back to get his girlfriend's purse, got in a verbal disagreement and was punched, and no one ended up arrested.

Curious... don't you think?

delhalew
7/20/2010, 09:07 PM
Kid sounds like a doosh to me. I just wonder were Bradshaws head is sometimes.