PDA

View Full Version : Ill take my question off the air.....

oudavid1
7/19/2010, 02:50 PM
Is it wrong to recruit in high school football?

yermom
7/19/2010, 03:15 PM
only if you aren't Jenks ;)

oudavid1
7/19/2010, 03:41 PM
only if you aren't Jenks ;)

hes a little fun fact about the "other trojans" when there coach had to be suspended for the football season last year, the school didnt want him to get away so they "hired" his wife to "do the teams laundry" and somehow she got paid the exact same salary as her husband.......weird........

Eielson
7/19/2010, 04:54 PM
hes a little fun fact about the "other trojans" when there coach had to be suspended for the football season last year, the school didnt want him to get away so they "hired" his wife to "do the teams laundry" and somehow she got paid the exact same salary as her husband.......weird........

If I'm not mistaken, Trimble was suspended with pay, so I'd expect this is a myth. A six-figure salary to do nothing is pretty nice, though.

Scott D
7/19/2010, 04:56 PM
Private schools, and anywhere that has more than one local high school tend to do it.

oudavid1
7/19/2010, 06:51 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Trimble was suspended with pay, so I'd expect this is a myth. A six-figure salary to do nothing is pretty nice, though.

thats something i heard from one of my co workers. i cant confirm, dosnt sound to far fetched though

texaspokieokie
7/26/2010, 10:01 AM
still against the rules.

yankee
7/26/2010, 01:56 PM
being from texas, i've learned how lenient the OSSSSSSSA (or whatever it's called) is with players transferring...or something. i guess it happens all the time? the UIL in texas is pretty strict, and most of the transferring happens when players who can't cut it on a public school transfer to a private school. in tx hs football, private schools play in their own league (the way it should be), not the UIL. however, whenever transfers between public schools (they usually happen with good schools) happen, it's a pretty big deal and lots of accusations about recruiting start to swirl. i went to southlake carroll, and we were always accused of recruiting...2 different receivers in 2 different years made their way to our school. one had a legitimate family excuse, the other one was much murkier. it's a touchy subject, that's for sure. i hope our coaches didn't recruit, it was probably just the players wanting to play for a proven winning program.

texaspokieokie
7/26/2010, 02:39 PM
i bet todd dodge would like to come back to southlake.

altho his recruiting hasn't done too well for north tejas, he has learned enough
to do very well in hi school ball.