PDA

View Full Version : ESPN RISE Elite 11 Quarterback

sooner n houston
7/19/2010, 02:37 PM
Good stuff!

http://rise.espn.go.com/football/articles/2010/07/16-elite-11-preview.aspx

oudavid1
7/19/2010, 02:44 PM
is Kendall playing linebacker or safety at OU?

Collier11
7/19/2010, 02:46 PM
He wont be playing LB

It is really way too early to tell, what if he comes in and looks great at QB? Honestly, I would love to see him as a hybrid QB/WR type to add some versatility

oudavid1
7/19/2010, 03:39 PM
He wont be playing LB

It is really way too early to tell, what if he comes in and looks great at QB? Honestly, I would love to see him as a hybrid QB/WR type to add some versatility

I personally watched this kid play (cause i played against him) and he is very athletic but hes not the QB type for me and since we are more than likely gonna shirt up blakey boo he would never get to see the field anyway, i want him at receiver personally but if im wrong and he comes in at QB that would be just fine with me

http://newsimg.ngfiles.com/170000/170422_dancing_banana.gif

Soonerfan88
7/19/2010, 03:59 PM
I don't think there is any question that he will be a QB at OU.

oudavid1
7/19/2010, 04:26 PM
I don't think there is any question that he will be a QB at OU.

i really do disagree, i dont think he would ever see the field. If you watched his film you would see, they just throw deep to really really fast receivers.

Eielson
7/19/2010, 05:11 PM
I really don't see Thompson playing anywhere but QB. I don't know him, so maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't think he would commit somewhere that wasn't looking at him as QB. Without question he has the talent to go D1 somewhere as a QB.

Jacie
7/19/2010, 05:46 PM
The two from Oklahoma are Sooner commits, the kid from Denton is going to OSU and none of them will be going to school in the state of Texas. I like it!

Collier11
7/19/2010, 05:51 PM
If youve noticed David, we are moving more towards a mobile brand of QB, Blake Bell is more mobile and so is Thompson, not to say we dont still want a drop back guy but I think we are going to that style a little more

Mississippi Sooner
7/19/2010, 06:38 PM
If youve noticed David, we are moving more towards a mobile brand of QB, Blake Bell is more mobile and so is Thompson, not to say we dont still want a drop back guy but I think we are going to that style a little more

Much as I hate to say it, I think it's sort of a Tebow effect. Not to his extreme, of course, but coaches seem to be looking more for qb's who are decent passers but are much more mobile and big enough to take a hit when they need to. I can see the purpose in it. A laser arm like Sam's comes along less often than a TE/FB-type who can have a pocket presence when he needs it.

Eielson
7/19/2010, 06:39 PM
Thompson is a pocket-passer from what I saw. He only took off when there was too much pressure to get a pass off.

Collier11
7/19/2010, 06:41 PM
Thats what we are saying, still a pocket passer but with more ability to get out of the pocket

oudavid1
7/19/2010, 06:49 PM
ok ok, from what ive heard, cant say who, one of my sources who works in proximity to Bob Stoops, they want him to play safety....i promise. but if he turns out to play QB, thats fine too. Just sharing info amongst my Sooner brethren

Collier11
7/19/2010, 06:55 PM
They recruited him to play QB, I know that. IF he comes in and doesnt look the part, they will find somewhere for him to play if he is good enough. Our coaches have proven that, well, except for Mossis Madu :D

AlbqSooner
7/19/2010, 07:07 PM
Under Switzer OU had quite a few QBs who became starters in the defensive backfield. Jus sayin.

MR2-Sooner86
7/19/2010, 08:47 PM
If youve noticed David, we are moving more towards a mobile brand of QB

:confused:

Since when really? The last mobile QB I remember us having was White and we all remember where that went. How mobile are we talking though? We talking Vince Young/Tommy Frazier pocket mobility or something a little more watered down?

Collier11
7/19/2010, 08:50 PM
Like I said, still pocket type QBs but QBs that can get out of trouble if need be, Blake Bell and Thompson are both more mobile

swardboy
7/19/2010, 09:37 PM
I thought Sam did a fine job of getting out of the pocket except for a couple of plays in 2009. Like you all say, not Michael Vick quick...What's new?

oudavid1
7/19/2010, 09:46 PM
Im tellen yeah Scott (coughhhhh) i mean Colly, hes gonna play safety.

Collier11
7/19/2010, 09:53 PM
Perhaps

oudavid1
7/19/2010, 10:03 PM
Perhaps

Watch out for Eielson, i dont wanna get a thread made about me too.

Eielson
7/19/2010, 10:19 PM
Watch out for Eielson, i dont wanna get a thread made about me too.

The purpose of that thread was so that we could keep the more important one on topic.

oudavid1
7/19/2010, 10:21 PM
i guess, but it kinda looked like you were calling out colly

Eielson
7/19/2010, 10:23 PM
i guess, but it kinda looked like you were calling out colly

I know, but it was only a continuation of the conversation that was already going on, and continued to go on in another thread.

Collier11
7/19/2010, 10:25 PM
It was an epic attention grab fail

Despite the fact that we never agree and barely get along, I have no problem arguing and discussing stuff with you on this board but you tried really hard with that thread to make a scene and it blew up

Eielson
7/19/2010, 10:26 PM
If it actually were an attention grab attempt (which it wasn't)...it's already on page 4.

Collier11
7/19/2010, 10:27 PM
not for the reasons you had hoped, that is pretty obvious

Eielson
7/19/2010, 10:32 PM
If you wish to go on believing it was an attention grab, feel free. It's not worth arguing about, and I'm really not that concerned with your opinion.

Collier11
7/19/2010, 10:33 PM
hey, you embarrassed yourself, dont get mad at me for it

Eielson
7/19/2010, 10:33 PM
I'm mad?

Eielson
7/19/2010, 10:45 PM

Since when really? The last mobile QB I remember us having was White and we all remember where that went. How mobile are we talking though? We talking Vince Young/Tommy Frazier pocket mobility or something a little more watered down?

He's athletic enough that he is talked about as a D1 WR or safety. I'd say he's about a 4.5-4.6 (probably closer to 4.6) and really quick. I'd guess that he would be a pretty good scrambler, but like I said, he only left the pocket when he had to.

oudavid1
7/19/2010, 10:59 PM
I'm mad?

If my Avatar was Tony Crocker i would be pretty mad too.

Eielson
7/19/2010, 11:00 PM
If my Avatar was Tony Crocker i would be pretty mad too.

Why?

Ruf/Nek7
7/19/2010, 11:16 PM
two words "Wild Schooner"

oudavid1
7/19/2010, 11:21 PM
Why?

He under-achieved to me

Eielson
7/19/2010, 11:34 PM
He under-achieved to me

I'd take Crocker over anybody else on that team last year.

gaylordfan1
7/20/2010, 12:26 AM
ok ok, from what ive heard, cant say who, one of my sources who works in proximity to Bob Stoops, they want him to play safety....i promise. but if he turns out to play QB, thats fine too. Just sharing info amongst my Sooner brethren

by working in proximity do you mean mowing his lawn?:) :D :)

soonerinabilene
7/20/2010, 05:31 AM
Under Switzer OU had quite a few QBs who became starters in the defensive backfield. Jus sayin.
and under blake we had quite a few dbs, kickers, long snappers and medical trainers that played qb.

humblesooner
7/20/2010, 01:22 PM
and under blake we had quite a few dbs, kickers, long snappers and medical trainers that played qb.

Post of the Year!!
Too bad it isn't a joke.

MojoRisen
7/20/2010, 05:10 PM
Blakes ATH's won a MNC

oudavid1
7/20/2010, 05:26 PM
Blakes ATH's won a MNC

very true

goingoneight
7/20/2010, 05:31 PM
Blakes ATH's won a MNC

Yeah, once Schmiddy kicked their azzes into shape and Stoops put them in a position to win and all. Weren't TRRW and JT Thatcher two of the guys who claimed they were badly out of shape until Schmiddy came in?

FTR, there were plenty of Stoops athletes and 'experiments' who had a say in that MNC. ;)

texaspokieokie
7/20/2010, 06:33 PM
QBs kinda like colt mccoy.

brokenarrowboomer
7/21/2010, 12:09 PM
Don't overlook Archie Bradley, a very mobile QB with a good arm and very accurate. I'm looking forward to see how he does against Union and Jenks this year.

rawlingsHOH
7/21/2010, 12:22 PM
Blakes ATH's won a MNC
But didn't get to the NFL.

In other words, Blake recruited decent athletes (like everyone else does) whom Stoops pulled every once of talent and luck out of their bodies, and turned them into national champs.

Can't have it both ways. If Blake recruited winners, why weren't they winning? If Blake recruited stud athletes, why did none ever turn up in the NFL?

Bob.

rawlingsHOH
7/21/2010, 12:23 PM

Who's the better athlete White or Bomar?

Mississippi Sooner
7/21/2010, 12:53 PM
But didn't get to the NFL.

In other words, Blake recruited decent athletes (like everyone else does) whom Stoops pulled every once of talent and luck out of their bodies, and turned them into national champs.

Can't have it both ways. If Blake recruited winners, why weren't they winning? If Blake recruited stud athletes, why did none ever turn up in the NFL?

Bob.

One of the best examples of that was Brandon Daniels. And I guess, technically, he was a recruit of that old man who was there before Blake.

Brandon was a force of nature in high school. He almost single-handedly led Ada High to two straight state titles and undefeated seasons. He would return kicks and punts and play quarterback. By play quarterback, I mean that 90% of the time he would take the snap and take off running. There wasn't a high school in class 4A at the time that could catch him.

But, on Blake's teams, no one seemed to know what to do with him. He played as a running back, a defensive back and sometimes as a fill in quarterback. It wasn't until Stoops' first season, and Brandon's last, that he was actually able to contribute in a real way as a receiver in Leach's crazy offensive schemes.

That was it, though. Brandon wasn't big enough or fast enough to be a pro-receiver, and he'd never really been properly trained in any other position. In the end, he was just a high school legend and a footnote at OU.

Eielson
7/21/2010, 03:27 PM
Don't overlook Archie Bradley, a very mobile QB with a good arm and very accurate. I'm looking forward to see how he does against Union and Jenks this year.

He's got the size/arm/etc. but I didn't think he was that great when I saw him. Probably won't matter, though. I'd be surprised if didn't go straight to the minor leagues.

OU-HSV
7/24/2010, 08:07 PM
More from the Elite 11 camp on Archie Bradley:

http://www.baledger.com/articles/2010/07/24/sports/doc4c499d6b45f92409758288.txt

Bradley gains honors at Elite 11
Published:
Friday, July 23, 2010 8:47 AM CDT
Ledger Staff Reports

SANTA ANA, Calif. — Broken Arrow High School’s Archie Bradley garnered three awards at the Nike Elite 11 quarterback camp this week.

A senior at BAHS, Bradley received honors for leadership, accuracy and Most Eager to Learn and finished third in MVP balloting after the four-day camp.