PDA

View Full Version : Non Conf Schedule released

Collier11
7/18/2010, 07:20 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/071810aac.html

Games of note:

November- 3 winnable games and then the Maui Invitational

December- At Arky, At Zona(Big 12/Pac10 challenge), ORU at home, Cincy in OKC, 4 games against scrubs

Mad Dog Madsen
7/18/2010, 09:07 PM
I see 8-10 very winnable games... PLEAASSEE let us beat Arky!

John Kochtoston
7/18/2010, 10:06 PM
And our yearly bitter rivalry with Coppin State continues.

btk108
7/18/2010, 10:51 PM
HAY!!!....you're going to put feedmonster out of a job! Knock it off!

Eielson
7/19/2010, 01:11 AM
Unless we're drastically improved, I don't see 3 winnable games in Maui unless you mean there are a total of three teams we could beat. If Capel got to the finals I really don't see how he could possibly have anymore haters.

Connecticut, Kentucky, Michigan State, Virginia, Washington, Wichita State and host Chaminade.

Collier11
7/19/2010, 01:12 AM
If Capel wins 16-18 this year he deserves alot of respect, if he wins 20 this year we should give him an extension

soonervegas
7/20/2010, 02:46 PM
He will win 15-16 just by having an egoless team that will listen to a guy that does know his X and O's.

The main fault with Capel at this point is it appears he cannot recruit.

Collier11
7/20/2010, 11:36 PM
He can recruit talent just fine, he just needs to do a better job of picking character guys

Ruf/Nek7
7/21/2010, 11:25 AM
Any idea who all is participating in the Maui Invitational?

soonervegas
7/21/2010, 01:09 PM
He can recruit talent just fine, he just needs to do a better job of picking character guys

Probably a better statement than mine.

the_ouskull
7/21/2010, 01:36 PM
Than the latter half of your statement, yes, but the first half is still relevant.

the_ouskull

Sooner95
7/21/2010, 01:47 PM

Connecticut, Kentucky, Michigan State, Oklahoma, Virginia, Washington, Wichita State and host Chaminade University of Honolulu

Bourbon St Sooner
7/23/2010, 12:45 PM
Well at least when we get waxed in the All College this year, it will be to a respectable b-ball team.

badger
7/23/2010, 01:32 PM

We got our best player under Capel (and arguably one of the greatest Sooner basketball players ever) not just via Capel recruiting, but big bro recruiting and the school recruiting.

Blake came to OU to play with his brother, to play for Coach Capel, AND because he loved OU.

Team effort on recruiting. Is good policy!

Mad Dog Madsen
7/23/2010, 01:42 PM
Well at least when we get waxed in the All College this year, it will be to a respectable b-ball team.

That's a great way to show support! Maybe you should stay in the football forums...

Collier11
7/23/2010, 01:42 PM
Think about football, there are what, 85 guys on scholly. So, for every Rhett Bomar and JD Quinn there are 80 or more good guys on the team.

It looks so bad on Capel cus in bball there are 15 on the roster and he had 3 bad attitudes. The fact is, it happens in all sports but Capel has also done alot of OU bball and has proven he can recruit.

Im hopin the next 2 years get him back on track

Mad Dog Madsen
7/23/2010, 02:05 PM
Think about football, there are what, 85 guys on scholly. So, for every Rhett Bomar and JD Quinn there are 80 or more good guys on the team.

It looks so bad on Capel cus in bball there are 15 on the roster and he had 3 bad attitudes. The fact is, it happens in all sports but Capel has also done alot of OU bball and has proven he can recruit.

Im hopin the next 2 years get him back on track

It's nice to know I'm not the only OU b-ball fan here...

Eielson
7/23/2010, 02:15 PM

I think these:

Connecticut, Kentucky, Michigan State, Virginia, Washington, Wichita State and host Chaminade.

pilobolus
7/23/2010, 02:19 PM
This year is going to be pathetic. I say get rid of Capel now and let a new coach start the rebuilding process.

Collier11
7/23/2010, 02:20 PM
sofa king we todd ed

badger
7/23/2010, 03:35 PM
This year is going to be pathetic. I say get rid of Capel now and let a new coach start the rebuilding process.

Regardless of the crap that came out this past season, I still think Capel will learn from previous mistakes and be the best coach for us in the long run.

He's young, but he's getting better, even if our record doesn't show that.

Give him a chance. It took Sherri awhile to get her program going too, and she was also a younger coach with little college coaching experience when she came to OU... none, in fact.

pilobolus
7/23/2010, 03:52 PM
I don't know, it didn't take hime long to drag the program to its lowest point in decades. I think the only reason he is even getting another year is because Joe C the golden boy AD doesnt want to have to admit he was made a mistake.

Eielson
7/23/2010, 04:28 PM

I say we get rid of you. Who else agrees?

badger
7/23/2010, 05:00 PM
Joe C the golden boy AD doesnt want to have to admit he was made a mistake.

I don't think Joe C is above firing one of his own hires. He's one of the most approachable AD's out there, JMHO and really doesn't show a shred of arrogance when you talk to him.

pilobolus
7/26/2010, 10:17 AM

Why? Read this column. There is another out speculating about Joe C jumping ship

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/13437930/death-penalty-for-oklahoma-hoops-thats-the-hypothesis-here?tag=headlines;other

Mad Dog Madsen
7/26/2010, 10:40 AM

I'll second that...

cheezyq
8/2/2010, 01:40 PM
Why? Read this column. There is another out speculating about Joe C jumping ship

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/13437930/death-penalty-for-oklahoma-hoops-thats-the-hypothesis-here?tag=headlines;other

Please believe everything you read, especially in the media and especially if it runs on the hairy backside of sports news and commentary - cbssports.com. This is the same group of nitwits that showcases Gary Danielson in the booth as an "analyst".

Note that he's also completely clueless about OU's relationship with the NCAA, too. The NCAA may take 6 years to uncover and punish violations at USC, but they're lightning quick on the draw with OU, by comparison.

pilobolus
8/6/2010, 12:13 PM
I'll second that...

Well, that's two so far, out of several thousand. Sorry boys. :texan:

John Kochtoston
8/6/2010, 11:45 PM
Please believe everything you read, especially in the media and especially if it runs on the hairy backside of sports news and commentary - cbssports.com. This is the same group of nitwits that showcases Gary Danielson in the booth as an "analyst".

Note that he's also completely clueless about OU's relationship with the NCAA, too. The NCAA may take 6 years to uncover and punish violations at USC, but they're lightning quick on the draw with OU, by comparison.

And especially if it's written by Gregg Doyel. That dude makes Jason Whitlock seen well-reasoned and even-handed by comparison.

Eielson
8/7/2010, 02:34 AM
Well, that's two so far, out of several thousand. Sorry boys. :texan:

Yeah, but only about 20 are here for basketball...

Bourbon St Sooner
8/9/2010, 03:39 PM
That's a great way to show support! Maybe you should stay in the football forums...

Somebody needs a sense of humor.

I'm on the b-ball forums win or lose, unlike some of the posers that just come here to tell us how much Capel sucks.

Mad Dog Madsen
8/9/2010, 04:31 PM
Somebody needs a sense of humor.

I'm on the b-ball forums win or lose, unlike some of the posers that just come here to tell us how much Capel sucks.

Yeah, sorry, I have no sense of humor. lol. But, you got your wish! We play Kentucky in the first round of the Maui Invitational...

pilobolus
8/12/2010, 10:11 AM
Yeah, but only about 20 are here for basketball...

Still only 10%, hardly a consensus. :texan:

What gets me is like yesterday, when Al interviewed him on the radio, there seems to be no sense of urgency on Capel's part, almost like he's not dealing with the reality of what has happened under his "leadership", or even worse what is about to happen in terms of the upcoming season for which there is no hope, or getting blitzed by the NCAA, which seems inevitable.