PDA

View Full Version : ND going after the Fulmer Cup

Leroy Lizard
7/17/2010, 09:25 PM
This may put them in the lead

http://www.wndu.com/hometop/headlines/98659904.html

A party in South Bend was busted by police overnight, sending 43 people to the county jail.

It happened at a home on Washington Street. South Bend police were called in to respond to the initial complaints and the Indiana State Excise Police were called to the scene over underage drinking.

The excise police tell NewsCenter 16 that 43 people were arrested, and one was sent to the hospital for lacerations in his hand. It's not known at this time if all of the arrests were just for underage drinking.

Among those arrested are eight Notre Dame football players, including Nate Montana, the son of football great Joe Montana and back-up QB; Lorenzo Wood, a cornerback and incoming freshman; Chris Watt, a sophomore offensive guard; Roby Toma, an incoming freshman wide receiver; Nick Tausch, a sophomore kicker; T.J. Jones, an incoming freshman wide receiver; Steve Filer, a junior outside linebacker; and Tate Nichols, an incoming freshman.

Also arrested are Tim Abromaitis, a standout senior forward on the basketball team; Eric Atkins, an incoming freshman to the basketball team; and Steven Summerhays, an incoming freshman to the hockey team.

Notre Dame Head Football Coach Brian Kelly issued a statement on the arrests. Kelly said "I am aware of the situation and am collecting more facts. If there is any team-related discipline to be issued it would be handled internally."

All those arrested were held overnight in the St. Joseph County jail until their blood alcohol content had dropped to legal levels.

We'll continue to follow this story and we'll have more if any new information becomes available.

Sad:

http://www.blueandgold.com/forums/forum/categories.cfm?catid=9&entercat=y

Happy:

http://wearesc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

soonerinabilene
7/17/2010, 09:58 PM
seriously, if your dad is joe montana, dont be an idiot.

OK2U
7/17/2010, 10:11 PM
seriously, if your dad is joe montana, dont be an idiot.
http://imagecache6.allposters.com/LRG/12/1260/I3ET000Z.jpg

Sabanball
7/18/2010, 09:53 AM
Other than to Joe and his wife, I don't see why this is even news. Sounds like a typical college party to me.

meoveryouxinfinity
7/18/2010, 10:23 AM
Really it can happen to any school. Oh the underage freshman football players I've seen drunk and high this summer in Norman.

Really, really, really stupid.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/19/2010, 08:50 AM
Yep, I read this over the weekend. If they weren't athletes, this would not be a story. Kids would go see the judge, get a scolding and pay a fine and be done... Drinking happens, part of coming of age for many...

Then I don't mind the bad pub for ND. ;)

OUthunder
7/19/2010, 09:39 AM
Kids will be kids. The only difference is that there are more phones and more cameras to capture the events.

badger
7/19/2010, 11:16 AM
From the school that brought you the epic fail hire of the century in Charlie Weis comes...

BRIAN KELLY, the even-more-epic-fail-hire-than-Weis hire!

WATCH as even-more-epic-fire (whoops, I mean FAIL) Kelly single-handedly makes Notre Dame declare dependence on a conference.

LISTEN as announcers like Lou Holtz grows sad as losses stack up faster than player arrests!

FEEL the pain of notable alumni making cameo appearances on campus as 0-8 suddenly sounds great next to 0-9, which suddenly sounds fine next to 0-10, will Notre Dame ever win again???

TASTE victory, if your teams plays Notre Dame in 2010!

SMELL the fear of Domers losing any remaining prestige that Weis didn't claim in his buyout!

Cheer, cheer! :rolleyes:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/19/2010, 11:27 AM
From the school that brought you the epic fail hire of the century in Charlie Weis comes...

WATCH as even-more-epic-fire (whoops, I mean FAIL) Kelly single-handedly makes Notre Dame declare dependence on a conference.

LISTEN as announcers like Lou Holtz grows sad as losses stack up faster than player arrests!

FEEL the pain of notable alumni making cameo appearances on campus as 0-8 suddenly sounds great next to 0-9, which suddenly sounds fine next to 0-10, will Notre Dame ever win again???

TASTE victory, if your teams plays Notre Dame in 2010!

SMELL the fear of Domers losing any remaining prestige that Weis didn't claim in his buyout!

Cheer, cheer! :rolleyes:SUCH A POST...DESERVES A RERUN!!!

badger
7/19/2010, 11:41 AM
SUCH A POST...DESERVES A RERUN!!!

On a personal note, Notre Dame really needs to have a good season for the sake of one of my in-laws. He is having health issues and a good Domer season would really cheer him up :(

Thus, please interpret my post as giving a hearty BOOOOO to Notre Dame athletics for thinking Brian Kelly was their savior, the same guys who though Weis was their guy... so much suckitude. Really a shame for ND fans that could use a pick-me-up like football.

Same goes for Michigan football, who just had to spend millions to expand their big house when their state has some of the highest unemployment in the country... a big house that can't host a winning football team anymore. Stupid UM. Hail, hail!

Leroy Lizard
7/19/2010, 12:21 PM
On a personal note, Notre Dame really needs to have a good season for the sake of one of my in-laws. He is having health issues and a good Domer season would really cheer him up :(

Thus, please interpret my post as giving a hearty BOOOOO to Notre Dame athletics for thinking Brian Kelly was their savior, the same guys who though Weis was their guy... so much suckitude. Really a shame for ND fans that could use a pick-me-up like football.

Same goes for Michigan football, who just had to spend millions to expand their big house when their state has some of the highest unemployment in the country... a big house that can't host a winning football team anymore. Stupid UM. Hail, hail!

I had to spend a full week in Detroit. Michigan can lose every game as far as I'm concerned.

7/19/2010, 12:24 PM

Same goes for Michigan football, who just had to spend millions to expand their big house when their state has some of the highest unemployment in the country... a big house that can't host a winning football team anymore. Stupid UM. Hail, hail!The whole state of Meatchicken is almost beyond saving, as you well know.

Domer needs to win just enough to not have to fire their brilliantly chosen leaders. You might want to suggest to your ill in-law to switch allegiance to the OU Sooners, for a mental pick-me-up.

Theskipster
7/19/2010, 01:26 PM
This may put them in the lead

I just updated the scoreboard:

http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Fulmer_Cup

Notre Dame is now in sixth place and 5 points behind Georgia and Minnesota for the lead.

Leroy Lizard
7/19/2010, 02:01 PM
Minnesota? WTF?

Crucifax Autumn
7/19/2010, 02:09 PM
Nice to see OU WAY down in 27th place.

Theskipster
7/19/2010, 02:10 PM
Nothing to do but drink in Minnesota. Or trying to flee the cops after they catch you riding your moped the wrong way down a one way street . Actually that one involved drinking too.

7/19/2010, 02:20 PM
Nothing to do but drink in Minnesota. Or trying to flee the cops after they catch you riding your moped the wrong way down a one way street . Actually that one involved drinking too.But, you can catch walleyes there, eh?

badger
7/19/2010, 02:49 PM
The whole state of Meatchicken is almost beyond saving, as you well know.

Domer needs to win just enough to not have to fire their brilliantly chosen leaders. You might want to suggest to your ill in-law to switch allegiance to the OU Sooners, for a mental pick-me-up.

Rush, would you ever stop cheering for the Sooners if they experienced another Blake-like era? Let's just say that this ill in-law will never, ever stop cheering for Notre Dame. However, I think the Weis era really upset him... but definitely not enough to drop them as his team. I don't think anything could do that.

Athletic departments really have a big responsibility in schools. No wonder they make the big bucks.

Therefore, for the sake of my ill in-law, I hope that Notre Dame has some glimmer of hope this season, whether it be in the win column or a standout player or something. But all these arrests? No hope, no hope!

Cheer cheer :(

7/19/2010, 02:56 PM
Rush, would you ever stop cheering for the Sooners if they experienced another Blake-like era? Let's just say that this ill in-law will never, ever stop cheering for Notre Dame. However, I think the Weis era really upset him... but definitely not enough to drop them as his team. I don't think anything could do that.

Athletic departments really have a big responsibility in schools. No wonder they make the big bucks.

Therefore, for the sake of my ill in-law, I hope that Notre Dame has some glimmer of hope this season, whether it be in the win column or a standout player or something. But all these arrests? No hope, no hope!

Cheer cheer :(They can beat Meatchicken State, and Navy. I didn't really think you would expect him to de-domer, under any conditions.

Jacie
7/19/2010, 05:54 PM
For the record only eight of the eleven athletes were football players. The two basketball players and the hockey player don't count towards the Fulmer Cup . . .

TheHumanAlphabet
7/20/2010, 11:01 AM
Nothing to do but drink in Minnesota. Or trying to flee the cops after they catch you riding your moped the wrong way down a one way street . Actually that one involved drinking too.

Fleeing on a Moped???? What would Austin Powers say? "A shoe? who throws a shoe?" I hope like hell that guy gets shi'ite in the locker room for that...

Leroy Lizard
7/20/2010, 04:04 PM
Fleeing on a Moped???? What would Austin Powers say? "A shoe? who throws a shoe?" I hope like hell that guy gets shi'ite in the locker room for that...

What would Brian Bosworth say?

KantoSooner
7/21/2010, 10:12 AM
WWBBS? I think that's a standard we should all aspire to. A guy who kept a couch in the hallway outside his dorm room, 'so the ladies have a nice place to wait', is truly an icon.

Flagstaffsooner
7/21/2010, 11:48 AM

You remeber last century's f-u. Jerry Faust.

7/21/2010, 12:48 PM
You remeber last century's f-u. Jerry Faust.I loved that coach. He was perfect for the domers.