PDA

View Full Version : Bradley, Thompson selected to Elite 11

OK2U
7/17/2010, 07:40 AM
http://www.okblitz.com/Article.aspx?id=23562

ORANGE COUNTY, California – ESPN announced the final cut for its Elite 11 Quarterback Competition Friday, and Broken Arrow’s Archie Bradley and Southmoore’s Kendal Thompson became the first two Oklahomans ever selected for the event.

Bradley was a standout in both baseball and football last season for Broken Arrow and led the Tigers to the state semifinals by passing for 1,667 yards and 12 touchdowns. Thompson proved to be a threat with both his arm and his legs, amassing more than 3,000 all-purpose yards and 39 total touchdowns. Both players have announced their commitments to the University of Oklahoma.

The Elite 11 camp is one of the most prestigious in the nation and features the country’s most promising high school quarterbacks. The camp spans four days and will be held at Soka University in Southern California.

The 12 quarterbacks selected will compete against each other in individual drills and will be coached by current college signal callers. The coaching staff at this year’s camp will include TCU’s Andy Dalton, Missouri’s Blaine Gabbert, Texas A&M’s Jerrod Johnson and Miami’s Jacory Harris.

Alumni of the event include current NFL quarterbacks Carson Palmer, Vince Young, Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow. OU commit and incoming freshman Blake Bell was a member of the event last year.

IronHorseSooner
7/17/2010, 08:52 AM
I wonder if that has ever happened in on recruiting class- having two recruits make it to the Elite 11 QB camp. Of OUr five QBs who will be on the 2011 roster:

Three Elite 11 QBs (Bell, Thompson, Bradley)
EA Sports Golden Gun Accuracy Challenge Winner (Allen)
QB in the Under Armor AA Game (The Stache)

I can't think of many other teams out there who could boast that. There's one thing for darn sure, and that is there is no shortage of talent at QB, or RB for that matter.

soonerfan28
7/23/2010, 08:50 AM
Is it on TV? Thought it had been on ESPNU in the past. Has it aired and will it again?

SoonerSoph
8/5/2010, 04:07 PM
Bradley finished ranked as the number 3 QB at the camp, ahead of Thompson... Supposedly his strong performance is starting to make him SERIOUSLY consider playing at OU instead of going pro in baseball.

boomersooner28
8/5/2010, 07:11 PM
Bradley is gonna be a first rounder in the MLB Draft. Too much $ for him to pass up and come to OU. My money is on him never being enrolled at OU...as much as I hate to say that.

SoonerSoph
8/6/2010, 11:28 AM
Bradley is gonna be a first rounder in the MLB Draft. Too much $ for him to pass up and come to OU. My money is on him never being enrolled at OU...as much as I hate to say that.

Oh I agree. But up until the Elite 11 camp is was almost a certainty he plays baseball... But apparently someone talked to him and he is MUCH more likely to come to OU. I still doubt it happens, though.

CowboyMRW
8/7/2010, 01:23 PM
Does anyone know what the final rankings were for all 11

sooner518
8/8/2010, 12:02 PM
Does anyone know what the final rankings were for all 11

1 (tie). Bradley
1 (tie). Thompson
11 (tie). Everyone else

Seriously, I have no idea