PDA

View Full Version : Fidel, batsh*t crazy or a threat we should take seriously?

Collier11
7/17/2010, 01:09 AM
Fidel Castro appears again, warns of war

Castro's sudden re-emergence after four years in seclusion has raised questions about what it all means. But his message has been consistent -- a devastating war is at hand if the United States, in alliance with Israel, tries to enforce international sanctions against Iran for its nuclear activities.

He also has predicted the United States will attack North Korea.
His latest outing was reported on state-run website http://www.cubadebate.cu, which said he met with Cuban ambassadors at the ministry in Havana and that a videotape of the session would be shown on Friday evening on national television.

It said Castro, 83, talked with the ambassadors for 1-1/2 hours, during which he showed them news reports and political analyses that were the basis of his prediction. He also fielded questions, the report said.

Foreign Ministry employees and people from the surrounding neighborhood gave him a spontaneous send-off with a "prolonged ovation and emotional (shouts of) 'Viva'" as he left, it said.

Castro disappeared from public view following emergency intestinal surgery in July 2006 and ceded power to his younger brother, now President Raul Castro.

He resurfaced on July 7 at a scientific research center in Havana and has since made several appearances in person and in a videotaped television interview.

Theories abound about why the man who ruled Cuba for 49 years after taking power in a 1959 revolution has returned to public view. The only things known are that he keeps pushing his warning of war and that it all coincides with Cuba's biggest release of political prisoners since 1998, in a deal cut with the Catholic Church.

The Church announced on July 7 that 52 political prisoners, or about a third of the island's jailed dissidents, would be freed over the next few months.

Castro's videotaped interview was aired on Monday and drew international attention away from the start of the prisoner releases that same day.

Other speculation is that Castro is sending a message of stability at a time of uncertainty about Cuba's future, that he felt his warning of war was being ignored, or that he simply wanted to return to the limelight.

Some have theorized that Raul Castro has health problems and Fidel Castro is preparing for a return to power.

The theories are simply speculation for now, because the Cuban government has said nothing except for the reports of his visits in state-run media.

Crucifax Autumn
7/17/2010, 07:52 AM
Both?

delhalew
7/17/2010, 09:33 AM
Every dooshnozzle with a tiny ****hole country and a bad attitude has been emboldened in the last your and half...give or take. What could have happened a year and half ago that could have cause these guys to think they are big shots all the sudden?

GottaHavePride
7/17/2010, 11:52 AM
Please... Hugo Chavez and Kim Jong Il have been pushing **** since Dubya was in office, if not before. Castro has been doing his thing since the Kennedy era. Trying to blame them on Obama is seriously short sighted.

ouwasp
7/17/2010, 11:40 PM
I would say Castro is better described as irrelevant.

OUthunder
7/18/2010, 12:23 AM
I liked Castro much better when he still smoked cigars.

Pricetag
7/18/2010, 09:36 AM
I think the whole idea of "emboldened" is a bunch of crap, anyway. It's nothing but talk. I don't get why people think we're the big, bad United States, the greatest country in the world, but somehow we're obligated to react whenever some **** ant third world dictator runs his mouth.

VeeJay
7/18/2010, 05:30 PM
Batsh*t crazy.

Why would the aging Communist think Obama is going to attack North Korea? Doesn't he read The Huffington Post?

I think Sean Penn and Janeane Garafolo are due for a State Department-approved visit to put his mind at ease.

StoopTroup
7/18/2010, 06:21 PM
I think he should die quietly at the foot of JFK's grave. Talk about a popular YouTube video. :D

SoonerStormchaser
7/18/2010, 06:26 PM
Batsh*t crazy.

Why would the aging Communist think Obama is going to attack North Korea? Doesn't he read The Huffington Post?

I think Sean Penn and Janeane Garafolo are due for a State Department-approved visit to put his mind at ease.

Don't forget Danny Glover...

delhalew
7/18/2010, 06:35 PM
Oliver Stone tells me Chavez is hell of a nice guy.

OUstud
7/18/2010, 06:42 PM
I just assumed he had died and the news never escaped Cuba...