PDA

View Full Version : Sammie the Rammie deal soon?

badger
7/16/2010, 11:58 AM
Looks like they're gonna show him the money.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5385835)

gaylordfan1
7/16/2010, 12:03 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

badger
7/16/2010, 12:07 PM
NP and I were considering going to the preseason game in St. Louis when they host the Vikings... and then cheering for just the Sooners :D

gaylordfan1
7/16/2010, 12:11 PM
I'm on the fence with Bradford and his first season. I want him to start so I can watch him play again.....BUT, I want him to be prepared and not just thrown into the mix because he went first in the draft.

badger
7/16/2010, 12:13 PM
I'm on the fence with Bradford and his first season. I want him to start so I can watch him play again.....BUT, I want him to be prepared and not just thrown into the mix because he went first in the draft.

Stafford, Stanford, whatever his name is that the Lions got last year took some big hits, but he got his team back from 0-16.

If Sammie can turn these sorry Rams around, I might have to adopt them as my second team :)

swardboy
7/16/2010, 12:53 PM
NP and I were considering going to the preseason game in St. Louis when they host the Vikings... and then cheering for just the Sooners :D

Thinking of going too...thanks for helping me out on who to cheer for!

No1Better
7/16/2010, 01:00 PM
Wonder how many millionaires have been coached by Stoops?

Mad Dog Madsen
7/16/2010, 01:05 PM
Wonder how many millionaires have been coached by Stoops?

He's got nuthin' on Pete Carroll! Petey even coached a few in college! :D

olevetonahill
7/16/2010, 01:20 PM
Ok a ? er 2

It says it will be the richest NFL contract in the history of the NFL . How does this compare to eli , crying and saying he wanted to be the highest paid Player ?

NormanPride
7/16/2010, 01:29 PM
It's just a symptom of inflation, I think. Each year the #1 pick needs to get paid more than the last.

olevetonahill
7/16/2010, 01:34 PM
yes but eli just signed a new one thats gonna pay something like 97 mil. :eek:
If Sams is 45 to 50 Mil Guaranteed, What is that gonna mean total ?

stoops the eternal pimp
7/16/2010, 01:39 PM
nobody knows total, because its meaningless when compared to the guaranteed....Eli's deal gave him a guaranteed 35 million

olevetonahill
7/16/2010, 01:42 PM
This last one ? or his 1st one ?

badger
7/16/2010, 02:25 PM
Inflation aside, I hope that Sammie's deal doesn't break the roof to the point that it is constantly pointed at the reason why the NFL had a lockout.

This is what happened when Kevin Garnett was signed to a $126mil/6 year deal in the NBA. The owners declared "too much!" and the lockout happened the next season.

Now, I love Sam and hope he gets a good deal. I just would hate for Sam to be associated with the lockout like KG was back then.

SunnySooner
7/16/2010, 02:44 PM
Whaddya wanna bet that we see a Sam Bradford Foundation for whatever cause he wants to get involved in, probably something with kids, injury and obesity prevention with sports, something like that. I just don't see Sam with a 12 car garage full of Lamborghinis for some reason, although if that's what he wants, he should have it, he's worked his *** off every step of the way. Go Sam, enjoy some of the rewards of all the blood, sweat and tears.

Dan Thompson
7/16/2010, 03:33 PM
We should have out bid the Rams.