PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Thierry Henry...

TUSooner
7/15/2010, 06:18 PM
I think David Beckham should take note of what TH is doing and quit pretending that he'll ever play for England again. I mean, if he's England's answer, they are asking the wrong question. But he's not, and they're not. He should embrace the MLS and his LA team full time and just have some fun playing the game.

GottaHavePride
7/15/2010, 06:26 PM
Hell, wasn't Jurgen Klinsmann playing amateur soccer in California under an assumed name after he retired?

Beckham is past his prime - he should just turn it over to the young guys gracefully.

Scott D
7/16/2010, 04:47 PM
Problem is, Beckham has played very well when healthy for both LA and AC Milan. There's clearly something left in the tank still, and the guy has always been a defensive liability even during his prime.

TUSooner
7/17/2010, 08:54 AM
Problem is, Beckham has played very well when healthy for both LA and AC Milan. There's clearly something left in the tank still, and the guy has always been a defensive liability even during his prime.

True. But I get the idea he's spreading himself too thin and needs to acknowledge that he's not a kid any more. (Easier said than done, I can attest!) Right now, I'd surely rather have a committed Henry on my team than an ambivalent Beckahm. Heck, I'd take Henry over Beckham any day.

Scott D
7/17/2010, 12:55 PM
oh I'm with you on that, I'm more of an Henry fan than a Beckham fan. But, like I said...Beckham was in form when he tore his knee ligaments this past season in Milan. Realistically he doesn't play more than other players his age (especially considering the average age of AC Milan), and more often than not he comes off the bench as a sub in Italy, whereas he starts in LA.