View Full Version : OU Club of Dallas Kickoff Golf Tourney

Phil
7/15/2010, 09:32 AM
http://www.ouclubofdallas.com/article.html?aid=186

Jay C. Upchurch
8/18/2010, 05:38 PM
A change in venue....

All,
I am writing this email to you since you have either entered, have a "check in the mail", or have talked about entering the OU Club of Dallas Kick Off Golf Tournament II. There has been a change.

At 4pm on Friday, I got a call from the sales director at Castle Hills. She had been in meetings all day and had news. Castle Hills has been sold. The new ownership has committed to redoing all the greens and bunkers. The bad news is that the golf course will be closed beginning this week until September 30. Of course, our tournament is next week.

To make a long story somewhat shorter, after a hectic Monday, we will hold the tournament as planned on Thursday, August 26, 1pm shotgun at COWBOYS GOLF CLUB in Grapevine. They have agreed to honor our Castle Hills pricing for golf and dinner. I was there today, the course is in remarkable shape considering how stressed many of the golf courses in the area are due to the heat. They have a great indoor facility for dinner and the silent auction after golf.

Having said that, the Club has stepped up to an opportunity to provide the complete Cowboy GC experience. We will spend additional funds to provide LUNCH; soft drinks, water, gatorade on the golf course; and use of the SIDELINE GRILL on the course-- providing hot dogs, snacks, chicken fajitas, and my favorite, jalapeno brats. In order to do this, we will probably make some adjustment in drink tickets since they won't be necessary for soft drinks as they were at Castle Hills.

If you have friends that were sitting on the fence about entering, this is a great opportunity to play Cowboys GC for $125 rather than the usual toll of around $185. Tell your Sooner friends to come play. If you have not yet paid, please do. I need to guarantee players by Friday, and they are not quite as flexible as Castle Hills. I don't think they'll let me slide until next week.

I will see you all at COWBOYS GOLF CLUB on the 26th. Please let your team members know about the change. Call or email if there are questions.
BOOMER!
Don Waddelow
Golf Chairman, OU Club of Dallas
972-489-0681 cell
[email protected]

outwism
8/19/2010, 01:51 PM
I have already signed up. I was going to play Castle Hills regardless, but when I heard Cowboys, I wasn't going to complain. This should be a great even!