PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 2011 and the Sooners this year

DominoMaximo
7/13/2010, 09:15 PM
Has anybody got the game?

Apparently our offensive line is ranked pretty high after last season.

http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2010/07/12/2891/

"the folks at EA have high thoughts of the 2010 version. All five linemen are rated at 87 or higher. The highest, center Ben Habern and tackle Cory Brandon, came in at a 90."

I still say the key to this season is a really good running game and a defense that can stop the big play. We had half of that last year and we were 5 points in total from winning 3 of those games.

I haven't bought the NCAA football game in a while, really thinking about buying it this year!

oudavid1
7/13/2010, 10:50 PM
I have it, and we are pretty dam good. I start Kenny Stills. DM for my gamertag on Xbox 360 and we'll play.

HBick
7/13/2010, 11:03 PM
I have it on PS3 and my biggest complaint is Broyles speed. Has him at a 85, DeMarco at 82.

Broyles is the starting KR and PR, and speed that slow really limits you. I think it has to be a mistake, he was a 90+ on last years game.

Also I don't like the new play calling options, it is supposed to be easier, and while I'm getting use to it, I still haven't figured out how to sub players on my play calling screen since the Right Click has been remapped. But I'm sure I'll get there eventually.

I really like the online dynasty, I made mine private so it's just me, but I can recruit from my iPhone or my laptop which means I can do it while I'm away from the console. I also had the demo and unlocked all the Nike Pro Combat uniforms from last year, they are pretty slick when playing away.

I also like the way plays develop, but if you get blitzed, your best bet is to dump it off quickly, Landry isn't that fast so you can sacked easily lol.

Hot Rod
7/14/2010, 07:15 AM
Got it for PS3 yesterday and my son likes to add the names to the players so we spent some time doing that.

I miss seeing 4 plays to choose from, instead of 3 and only selecting "X" to get the play.

The PA pass seem awhile to develop, meaning you have to wait and then see your receiver buttons overhead of the players. I don't always have this memorized.

My son and I play online from time to time, so I'm looking forward to more challenges. I like the new uniforms and the shoes are taking some time to get use to.

The running movement when carrying the ball seems more fluent as well.

You'll have to let me know how to get those Nike Pro Combat uniforms.

Hot Rod
7/14/2010, 08:05 AM
Oh yeah and the cover is hideous! Gonna print out my own, when I find a good one.

badger
7/14/2010, 08:37 AM
Courtesy of New Mexico board:
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/bulldogbucket/Landry-Jones-360.png
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/bulldogbucket/Landry-Jones-PS3.png
You know that you've seen enough of Teebz for a lifetime. :)

HBick
7/14/2010, 10:35 AM
You'll have to let me know how to get those Nike Pro Combat uniforms.

Download the PS3 Demo from the PSN store, then play each match-up one time (OU v Texas, Miami v Ohio State, Clemson v. Mizzou, & Florida v. Florida St.). Then "invite a friend," which means you just pick someone on your friends list, and it will send them a message about the demo, then you unlock 3 more uni's (one being TCU).

Better hurry, I don't know how much longer you have.

NormanPride
7/14/2010, 12:19 PM
I loved the improved line blocking. The QB read option is actually blocked correctly now.

47straight
7/14/2010, 02:10 PM
It appears from the pictures in this game review

http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/ncaa-football-11/3159668/#/1

That the sooner-retro uniforms are an option. Please confirm.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/07/10.8.31.69-image3bmpjpgcopy.jpg

(at first I thought they were showing Texas-Ohio State)

SoonerAtKU
7/14/2010, 02:20 PM
Those are the Pro-Combat whatever uniforms from last year at Tech, right? Based on the throwbacks, but modernized.

Collier11
7/14/2010, 02:49 PM
Got it for PS3 yesterday and my son likes to add the names to the players so we spent some time doing that.

Tell him not to waste his time, you can download them for free right off the PS3 network usually within a week of the game coming out

This website is usually good,

http://www.freencaa09rosters.com/

They will give directions on how to do it

Collier11
7/14/2010, 02:50 PM
My complaint on last seasons game was that if a offensive player got past your defense you werent gonna catch him, have they fixed the speed issues between the player and computer?

OUSanders
7/14/2010, 11:47 PM
you can download rosters right now for the PS3 under PS3 Gamer tag :gamingtailgate, or gamer tag TaDow22 for the 360

HBick
7/15/2010, 12:04 AM
you can download rosters right now for the PS3 under PS3 Gamer tag :gamingtailgate, or gamer tag TaDow22 for the 360

thanks

OUSanders
7/15/2010, 12:18 AM
no problem!
Soonershane is my PS3 gamer tag if you have that system. The game is awesome...

oudavid1
7/15/2010, 03:07 AM
im bionicpickle13 and i will beat any of you.....no really. Im good.

OUSanders
7/15/2010, 10:49 AM
i am sure you are. I'm not very good on it. My 7yr odl son beats me lol

Chops
7/15/2010, 03:57 PM
I am starting a custom team online dynasty for the 360 if anyone is interested. For more info send me a message here or shoot me an email at [email protected]. This will be a laid back dynasty that will advance 2-3 times a week depending on how many teams we get. So far we have a team of Greek gods, a team of comic book heroes, and one with players based off old school nintendo characters. We hope to field a full 10 team conference.

yankee
7/15/2010, 04:09 PM
I have it on PS3 and my biggest complaint is Broyles speed. Has him at a 85, DeMarco at 82.

Broyles is the starting KR and PR, and speed that slow really limits you. I think it has to be a mistake, he was a 90+ on last years game.

when i played the demo, that confused me too. i looked it up, and apparently that in this game the emphasis is placed on the agility and acceleration. while i think having DM's speed at 82 (and JC at like 90) is stupid, he should be just as fast as he was in the '10 version.

Sco
7/15/2010, 09:55 PM
In the Dynasty option, you can create your own conference memberships... My Big XII in my game is:

North:
Ohio State
Notre Dame
TCU
Virginia Tech
Nebraska
Boise State

South:
Oklahoma
Texas
USC
Oregon
Florida
Alabama

It's been a fun (difficult) season so far, but I've posted 3 shutouts!

We-TownSooner
7/15/2010, 10:15 PM
I'm waiting on mine to arrive through the mail but when i do get i wouldn't mind playing anybody on the 360 I'm not that great at it though

HBick
7/15/2010, 11:43 PM
Well DeJaun Miller is a 97 speed, so I upped Broyles to 95 and DeMarco to 92.

Also I have to wait until NCAA 12 to utilize Millard as a HB. It's kind of annoying that TE's automatically go to 40 if you try to change their position to RB. You're telling me a receiving TE can't run it up the gut? Pssh.

cheezyq
7/16/2010, 12:12 AM

That's easy enough to explain. The game is affiliated with ESPN, so they had to compensate for their perception on SEC speed vs. the rest of the country.

starclassic tama
7/16/2010, 12:17 AM
from what i understand they revamped the engine and are trying to get away from the speed rating being so important. supposedly this year agility and acceleration and things are way more important and the physics engine is more realistic, which is why broyles speed might only be an 85 but he is rated in the 90's

Collier11
7/19/2010, 05:52 PM
Hey Hot Rod, I cant PM you, your inbox is full...here is my response to your PM

Glad you were able to make use of the free rosters, keep that in mind as they update them every season for the new game.

Yea I played online before, it is pretty fun. I got rid of my PS3 about a year ago and am playing PS2 for now, will probably get a new Ps3 this fall

Mississippi Sooner
7/19/2010, 06:24 PM
Once in a while, I can feel a real human emotion from this game. I'm in dynasty mode, and at the end of the regular season OU, tOSU and Florida State are all undefeated. However, because Fla. St. beat Miami in the ACC Championship, they jumped my Sooners in the poll. The Sooners were undefeated Big XII champions, but we had to settle for playing Utah in the Fiesta Bowl.

I felt like going all :mack: on them.