PDA

View Full Version : You gotta love campaign season...

Okla-homey
7/13/2010, 12:07 PM
this feller, "Okie Doak" who is running for insurance commish, says a vote for him will help stop Obama-care.

Not quite sure how that will work exactly, but I wish him good luck if he can pull it off.;)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/John-Doak-for-Insurance-Commissioner/125349504146852

Frozen Sooner
7/13/2010, 12:23 PM
The Ag Commissioner ads down here have been relatively ridiculous.

As have the AEA-funded attack ads against Brad Byrne in his runoff against Robert Bentley. My personal favorite is how, in a tone of indignation and horror, they accuse Byrne of voting to teach evolution in schools.

soonerscuba
7/13/2010, 12:28 PM
The Ag Commissioner ads down here have been relatively ridiculous.Relatively? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU7fhIO7DG0)

Frozen Sooner
7/13/2010, 12:29 PM
OK, objectively ridiculous.

OUMallen
7/13/2010, 12:33 PM
That's awesome.

I saw a low-rent craptastic one for Lt. gov. here in town today where he referenced a 60-foot American flag. It was shot in the middle of the night and he mentioned our "veterans" on the front lines. But those wouldn't be veterans. And he said he'd go support them. But didn't even say what that meant. The quality was very low and he stuttered once or twice so it made me wonder if they couldn't afford more takes, or if that was the best take.

picasso
7/13/2010, 12:41 PM
Dan Boren in the tree stand, probing his field of fire.

OklahomaTuba
7/13/2010, 12:51 PM
this feller, "Okie Doak" who is running for insurance commish, says a vote for him will help stop Obama-care.

Not quite sure how that will work exactly, but I wish him good luck if he can pull it off.;)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/John-Doak-for-Insurance-Commissioner/125349504146852

All Okie Doak had to say in his campaign ad is that his opponent (Kim Holland) was an Obama delegate. That's it.

That association will be enough to run anyone outta office this year.

I really pitty the poor dim who has to run for Gov this year.

Crucifax Autumn
7/13/2010, 04:05 PM
Hell, out here we've got Reid running against that idiot Angle. It's already so ridiculous now that I'll probably have seizures from laughing by November.

Serge Ibaka
7/13/2010, 04:19 PM
If i were running for office in Oklahoma, I would say bad things about Obama too.

It's an easy sell in the wake of such aggressive fear-mongering.

Crucifax Autumn
7/13/2010, 04:21 PM
Based on the press some of these people are getting I'd just act totally batshat crazy and win.

OklahomaTuba
7/13/2010, 04:38 PM
If i were running for office in Oklahoma, I would say bad things about Obama too.

It's an easy sell in the wake of such aggressive fear-mongering.

unfortunately, its not fear-monger.

Not when you have a double digit unemployment rate, you quadruple the national debt, have the worst environmental disasters in history and botch it, lett asscrackistan get outta hand, passing not only the most expensive failure in history, but also cause everyones healthcare costs to skyrocket, try to raise taxes and energy costs, and then to top it off, ruin the relationships with our best allies while you cozy up, bow and apologize to the worlds worst dictators.

There really is something wrong with a man who thinks Jews building homes in Israel, and State defending their own borders and enforcing their own laws is a bigger problem than muslims building nukes in Iran and armed thugs standing outside a polling place.

November Cometh.

Crucifax Autumn
7/13/2010, 06:20 PM
My healthcare costs stayed the same since I don't have any.

Frozen Sooner
7/13/2010, 10:03 PM
The Ag Commissioner ads down here have been relatively ridiculous.

As have the AEA-funded attack ads against Brad Byrne in his runoff against Robert Bentley. My personal favorite is how, in a tone of indignation and horror, they accuse Byrne of voting to teach evolution in schools.

And, FWIW, these ads apparently worked. Dr. Robert Bentley is the Republican nominee for Governor of Alabama. I predict he'll win going away.

SicEmBaylor
7/13/2010, 10:12 PM
Dan Boren in the tree stand, probing his field of fire.

That ad is ridiculous. I actually nominally support Dan Boren, but that ad is horrible. Simply horrible.

Okla-homey
7/14/2010, 06:01 AM
And, FWIW, these ads apparently worked. Dr. Robert Bentley is the Republican nominee for Governor of Alabama. I predict he'll win going away.

WTH happened to that crackpot Roy Whatshisname who was on the Bama Supreme Court and pulled that Ten Commandments Monument stunt when I lived in Montgomery? I figured he'd be a shoo-in for the Bama guv gig.

Frozen Sooner
7/14/2010, 07:38 AM
Roy Moore? He polled fourth in the Republican primaries. He ran a really odd campaign-almost no TV advertising, didn't seem to even try in the Gump, Birmingham or Huntsville. Concentrated all his efforts on small towns.

Okla-homey
7/14/2010, 09:29 AM
Most. Annoying. campaign. ad. evar.

Congressman John Sullivan re-election "rap" ad currently in heavy rotation in Green Country.

Ugh.

OklahomaTuba
7/14/2010, 11:28 AM
I'd like to see Sulli retired to the Betty Ford clinic personally.