PDA

View Full Version : PUSHUPS

StoopTroup
7/12/2010, 05:39 PM
OK....

Here's what I want to see....

You slackers have less than 60 days to get ready for Football Season. I want you to follow these steps and get started right now. Take note of the time. The goal is 20 minutes but at first you are probably going to be lucky to go 7 to 10 minutes total. Your gonna start doing as many pushups as you can and then wait 2 minutes and then start again and go until you have to quit a second time. Now...you are gonna do one more set like that. That's 3 sets total. Once your done I want you to take note of the time. If you went 20 minutes then it's time for you to start Advanced Pushups. :D

Here's the first video...

S990kHLMVFg

Now you are ready for some Rollers...:D :pop: :eek: :cool:

zm1Bo_QBZ_c&feature=related

badger
7/12/2010, 05:42 PM
For the first time since high school, I've been timing my mile... and uggggh is it embarrassing. I tried to hit 10 minutes, but instead got 10:03 on the treadmill, which make you sound really heavy with all of it's bounciness, btw.

running is much better for football season than pushups - especially if you have to trek to the top of Oklahoma Memorial Stadium's ramps. All 20 or so of them... you lose count after awhile :D

StoopTroup
7/12/2010, 06:01 PM
Running is very bad for your feet and your joints. ;)

1890MilesToNorman
7/12/2010, 06:24 PM
Are these solo push ups or can I get the GF involved? ;)

olevetonahill
7/12/2010, 06:24 PM
Its pretty hard on my Beer Belly to.:eek:

fadada1
7/12/2010, 06:33 PM
17 years ago - navy dive test (MULTIPLE TIMES). best single testing:

7:04 500 yard sidestroke swim (helped being a competitive swimmer growing up).

97 pushups in 2 minutes
97 situps in 2 minutes
18 pullups

8:07 1.5 mile run in boots (almost lost breakfast).

today - it hurts going up the steps and my left shoulder slides out if i really go after a 6-iron.

HBick
7/12/2010, 10:12 PM

+1

Crucifax Autumn
7/12/2010, 11:35 PM
today - it hurts going up the steps and my left shoulder slides out if i really go after a 6-iron.

That's from all the effin' pushups. :P

AlbqSooner
7/13/2010, 06:23 AM

Actually my belly makes the pushups easier; not so far to go. The belly touches and I figure that is ALL the way down.:D

Bourbon St Sooner
7/13/2010, 08:36 AM
My bad. I thought this was gonna be about bras.

My Opinion Matters
7/13/2010, 10:16 AM
http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

You might think you're a badass, until you get to week 3.

NormanPride
7/13/2010, 10:53 AM
I'm waiting for the pull-ups one. Then I may do them all at the same time. :D

tulsaoilerfan
7/13/2010, 10:57 AM
**** i couldn't do push ups when i was in shape; no way in hell i could do 1 now :)

dolemitesooner
7/13/2010, 11:13 AM
I will do pushups at the tailgates

NormanPride
7/13/2010, 11:39 AM
pushup <> lifting beer to mouth

That's a curl.

GottaHavePride
7/13/2010, 02:02 PM
Running is very bad for your feet and your joints. ;)

Try barefoot running - it forces you to land more lightly (and not on your heels) when you run. ;)

ouduckhunter
7/13/2010, 02:08 PM
17 years ago - navy dive test (MULTIPLE TIMES). best single testing:

97 pushups in 2 minutes
97 situps in 2 minutes
18 pullups
8:07 1.5 mile run in boots (almost lost breakfast).

I workout with a bunch of ex-military guys in their 50's, and they can still really bust out the pushups and pullups!! It's amazing to watch them!

My Opinion Matters
7/13/2010, 02:18 PM
Try barefoot running - it forces you to land more lightly (and not on your heels) when you run. ;)

This is good advice. Convincing people that running is actually bad for them has to be some of the most irresponsible health advice to come out of the 20th century.

C&CDean
7/13/2010, 02:26 PM
I workout with a bunch of ex-military guys in their 50's, and they can still really bust out the pushups and pullups!! It's amazing to watch them!

Hey, I'm a ex-military guy in my 50's and can bust out the pushups and pullups. How you doin'??:cool:

The most impressive display of push-ups I've ever witnessed was on the very first day of Parachute Jump School in Ft. Benning, GA. We're sitting in these bleachers getting indoctrinated, and some hard-core looking black dude wearing a beret, jump boots, and the hardest starched fatigues I've ever seen comes strolling by.

One of the black hats (instructors) who was an E-6 (Staff Sergeant) yells "Sir!, this is a double-time only area! Why are you walking in my double-time area, sir!??" Dude stops, and I see he's a Captain, and he's also a Chaplain (cross on one lapel). Black hat goes "drop and knock them out, sir!" Captain says "how many Sergeant Airborne?" Black hat goes "till I get tired, sir!"

The dude drops into the most horizontal front lean and rest position I've ever seen, and starts rhythmically knocking out perfect pushups. The black hat turns back to us and continues his lecture. He lectures on and on, and all of us young bucks are just staring at this Captain knocking them out. I ain't ****ting you, he did pushups for almost 20-minutes. Had to be a few hundred - at least. The blackhat yells "recover, sir!" Dude jumps to his feet and yells "Airborne!!" and takes off on the double-time.

I know it was staged, but it was damned impressive. By the time I was out of jump school, 100 pushups was a joke.

soonerboomer93
7/13/2010, 02:57 PM
This is good advice. Convincing people that running is actually bad for them has to be some of the most irresponsible health advice to come out of the 20th century.

Exercise is good, running however can be very stressful (due to impact) on certain body parts. Sure, if you can run in sand all the time, it's much better and actually a good way to build muscles.

Personally for me, I can jog/run on the treadmill. Don't like it, can do it, but I definitely feel it in my ankles and knees (and shins). I backed down to fast walks on the treadmills at a decent include. My pace work is on an eliptical.

My Opinion Matters
7/13/2010, 03:05 PM
Exercise is good, running however can be very stressful (due to impact) on certain body parts. Sure, if you can run in sand all the time, it's much better and actually a good way to build muscles.

Personally for me, I can jog/run on the treadmill. Don't like it, can do it, but I definitely feel it in my ankles and knees (and shins). I backed down to fast walks on the treadmills at a decent include. My pace work is on an eliptical.

Running is not stressful to your body. Running shoes are stressful to your body. Barefoot running, seriously, look it up. (You don't actually have to run barefoot as the name would imply, by the way. There's different footwear available to simulate barefoot running.)

GottaHavePride
7/13/2010, 04:06 PM
Yeah, not to totally jack the thread, but I've got a pair of those Vibram Five Fingers...

http://www.inlander.com/spokane/imgs/media/Blog_April/vibram.jpg

And running in them feels great. I used to never run because it hurt my ankles and knees. Getting properly fitted running shoes helped a lot, but these are great. I just can't get the distance in these that I could in my running shoes because my calves get seriously tired after about a mile and a half.

My Opinion Matters
7/13/2010, 04:22 PM
Yeah, not to totally jack the thread, but I've got a pair of those Vibram Five Fingers...

http://www.inlander.com/spokane/imgs/media/Blog_April/vibram.jpg

And running in them feels great. I used to never run because it hurt my ankles and knees. Getting properly fitted running shoes helped a lot, but these are great. I just can't get the distance in these that I could in my running shoes because my calves get seriously tired after about a mile and a half.

I've got a pair of those as well. When I first become a barefoot running convert about two years ago I purchased a pair of the Five Fingers. They absolutely murdered my feet and calves for the couple of weeks. I could barely sustain a five-minute jog. After a few weeks my body adapted.

I'm using Nike Free these days, just because they're slightly more forgiving than the Five Fingers on long runs and any type of paved surface. They're more of a traditional appearing shoe, but it's the closest you can get to simulating barefoot running while actually wearing a shoe. An additional perk to the Nike Free's (and contrary to most Nike products) is, because there is absolutely nothing to the shoe, that they last literally forever. I've been doing distance running in the same pair for a year.