PDA

View Full Version : Frito Chili Pie

Collier11
7/12/2010, 01:22 PM
Gift from God or disgusting

I personally love me a Frito Chili Pie with a little habenero sauce for the kick...mmmmmmmm!!!!

C&CDean
7/12/2010, 01:25 PM
Every final tailgate of the year features momma's good chili with fritos, cornbread, etc. Frito chili pie is hillbilly greatness.

Collier11
7/12/2010, 01:26 PM
Ill keep that in mind, im sure she makes it way better than I ever could

ouleaf
7/12/2010, 01:36 PM
Nothing wrong with a good frito-chili pie every now and again. Top with some cheddar and a dollop of sour cream you're in Flavor Town.

OUMallen
7/12/2010, 01:37 PM
Gift from God or opposite of disgusting

FTFY

Boomer.....
7/12/2010, 01:39 PM
Got to add mustard.

NormanPride
7/12/2010, 01:40 PM
Very tasty stuff. Anyone who disagrees is unamurrcan.

Collier11
7/12/2010, 01:40 PM
FTFY

Well ya know, some people try to be all healthy and look down on greatness such as a Frito Chili Pie :D

OUMallen
7/12/2010, 02:25 PM
Well ya know, some people try to be all healthy and look down on greatness such as a Frito Chili Pie :D

Fritos. Chili. Pie. Any permutation or combination of each individual item is orgasmic. I mean come on. Fritos. Chili. Pie.

Collier11
7/12/2010, 02:30 PM
Dont forget Cheese and Hot Sauce if that is your preference :D

soonerboomer93
7/12/2010, 02:31 PM
Now i'm hungry again.

Collier11
7/12/2010, 02:31 PM
I know, I had a boring bowl of soup, now I need some real food

OUMallen
7/12/2010, 02:33 PM
Dont forget Cheese and Hot Sauce if that is your preference :D

http://seattlest.com/attachments/seattle_michael2/FritoPie.jpg

http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~keijsers/jesus.png

OUMallen
7/12/2010, 02:33 PM
I know, I had a boring bowl of soup, now I need some real food

Same here. I met one of my best friends for sushi, but now I feel like a punk biznatch for not having something manlier like FCP.

Collier11
7/12/2010, 02:35 PM
Just to make up for it I may have FCP for dinner and then go eat Mexican food for dessert!!!

OUMallen
7/12/2010, 02:38 PM
Just to make up for it I may have FCP for dinner and then go eat Mexican food for dessert!!!

I'm not sure Mexican food is hearty enough to serve as dessert for FCP, the Chuck Norris of foods. Like a veritable Voltron, combining each ingredient until irresistibly undefeatable.

delhalew
7/12/2010, 02:39 PM
Gift. From. God.

tommieharris91
7/12/2010, 03:09 PM
I suddenly wanna put chili on my hamburger I'm eating...

Curly Bill
7/12/2010, 03:13 PM
I'm grilling up some burgers as we speak.

Chili pie is always a win!

Curly Bill
7/12/2010, 03:14 PM
...and C11,

shoulda been a pole ya dumas!

Boomer.....
7/12/2010, 03:29 PM
He's no Frank.

tulsaoilerfan
7/12/2010, 03:49 PM
I prefer the Chili Cheese Fritos with my chili; not much of a plain Frito fan :)

Boomer.....
7/12/2010, 03:55 PM
I prefer the Chili Cheese Fritos with my chili; not much of a plain Frito fan :)

You just blew my mind.

OUMallen
7/12/2010, 04:06 PM

That's like having Adrian Peterson start one one goalline and Chuck Norris on the other, then allowing them to sprint full speed until they collide head-on at midfield.

Would it be miraculous? Horrific? Too much power in one place? Can one REALLY have too much of a good thing?
:gary:

1890MilesToNorman
7/12/2010, 04:15 PM
This has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid, don't get no better.:D

SunnySooner
7/12/2010, 04:26 PM
My high school concession stand sold 'em like this--snip off the top of the fritos bag and use all that extra space (sold by weight, not volume bs) to add the chili, cheese and your choice of sour cream, mustard, jalapenos, whatever got your motor started. All this for a whopping $1.75. And that was the '90s, not quite the Stone Age. Yummm-mmmy. When I make them at home, I like to let the chili sit on the fritos a little while to soften 'em up, and then for Mr. SS I add the jalapenos and the chinese hot sauce stuff, ya know, red bottle green lid, 'cause he likes stuff that's SPICY (which is why he married me, of course :P ;) :hot: :D ).

It is truly a great American dish, which I sadly only rarely enjoy these days because it makes a direct line from my lips to my butt. I could probably just smear them on my thighs and save my digestive system the trouble. I have a friend who says she's made them with baked Fritos, turkey or veggie chili, low-fat or fat free cheese, and fat-free sour cream, with a good sprinkle of taco seasoning sprinkled on for extra flavor. She said it's not the same, but it's not bad, and when you're craving one, it can save you a bajillion or so calories and fat grams. I may have to give it a try, if I do, I'll report back and let you know how it turned out.

Frito pie >>>>>>>>>>nachos, btw, tho I love them as well. But a good Frito pie reminds me that there is still good in the world, and it doesn't take a 3rd mortgage on the house to enjoy.

yermom
7/12/2010, 04:45 PM
My high school concession stand sold 'em like this--snip off the top of the fritos bag and use all that extra space (sold by weight, not volume bs) to add the chili, cheese and your choice of sour cream, mustard, jalapenos, whatever got your motor started. All this for a whopping $1.75. And that was the '90s, not quite the Stone Age. Yummm-mmmy. When I make them at home, I like to let the chili sit on the fritos a little while to soften 'em up, and then for Mr. SS I add the jalapenos and the chinese hot sauce stuff, ya know, red bottle green lid, 'cause he likes stuff that's SPICY (which is why he married me, of course :P ;) :hot: :D ).

It is truly a great American dish, which I sadly only rarely enjoy these days because it makes a direct line from my lips to my butt. I could probably just smear them on my thighs and save my digestive system the trouble. I have a friend who says she's made them with baked Fritos, turkey or veggie chili, low-fat or fat free cheese, and fat-free sour cream, with a good sprinkle of taco seasoning sprinkled on for extra flavor. She said it's not the same, but it's not bad, and when you're craving one, it can save you a bajillion or so calories and fat grams. I may have to give it a try, if I do, I'll report back and let you know how it turned out.

Frito pie >>>>>>>>>>nachos, btw, tho I love them as well. But a good Frito pie reminds me that there is still good in the world, and it doesn't take a 3rd mortgage on the house to enjoy.

Sunny, if you weren't a woman, that post could be venturing into Ryan's Steakhouse territory

Forward Foods (in Norman, for you out-of-towners) has a vegetarian one that is pretty killer, actually

delhalew
7/12/2010, 04:59 PM
Sunny, if you weren't a woman, that post could be venturing into Ryan's Steakhouse territory

Forward Foods (in Norman, for you out-of-towners) has a vegetarian one that is pretty killer, actually

I've had good veggie chili, but it seems wrong to bring it up while talking frito pies.:D

yermom
7/12/2010, 05:01 PM
it's not Mrs. Dean's chili, but it's not bad

GottaHavePride
7/12/2010, 05:12 PM
I was about to say - if you make your own damn chili, a frito chili pie is good eating.

Except for you disgusting people that eat chili cheese flavored fritos. Gack. That flavoring stuff can't be good for you. (Said the guy who will eat an entire bag of nacho cheese doritos by himself.)

Actually, it's just that if I'm going to have REAL chili, why do I want it to taste like fake chili?

OUMallen
7/12/2010, 05:24 PM

I had a surprisingly decent vegan chili. DOesn't make sense that that would be any good, but it wasn't bad at all.

http://www.picassosonpaseo.com/

Collier11
7/12/2010, 05:52 PM
...and C11,

shoulda been a pole ya dumas!

I havent given Dean my damn $5 so I cant make poles :D

Collier11
7/12/2010, 05:53 PM
^ you just f**ked up Chili Mallen, give me 40 Hail Stoops now

StoopTroup
7/12/2010, 06:03 PM
Frito Chili Pie is goodness....the beer you wash it down with is the gift from God. :D

olevetonahill
7/12/2010, 06:44 PM
"VEGAN-Chili"
That just aint right.:eek:

AlbqSooner
7/12/2010, 07:41 PM
My brother brought his then new girlfriend (now long term wife) to Muskogee to meet the family. One day they went to Chet's - the local hang out when I was in High School - which served hot dogs with his secret recipe chili which was very good. Jan ordered a Frito Chili Pie. She still tells the story about how the owner took a bag of Fritos, put a small slit in the side, laid it on the counter and whacked it with his open palm. He then opened the slit, ladled in the chili and some minced onions and handed it to her. She says she never had that kind of service anywhere before or since. We were used to it.:D

JLEW1818
7/12/2010, 07:44 PM
didn't even see this thread.

had one tonight.

with Mustard and the Rooster Hot Sauce.

beer coming

yermom
7/12/2010, 07:48 PM
i need to pick up some Sriracha, i always forget to

Crucifax Autumn
7/12/2010, 09:05 PM
http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-image-hosting-23/8436fritopiefromgod.jpg

yermom
7/12/2010, 11:12 PM
that's awesome

picasso
7/12/2010, 11:15 PM
Got to add mustard.

yes! I knew some blue blood KU grads who had never even heard of a Frito chili pie. Talk about rich white honkies.

Breadburner
7/13/2010, 04:36 AM
Coney Island....Tulsa Oklahoma.....

SoonerAtKU
7/13/2010, 08:59 AM
I really like FCP. Lots. But I also really like eating chili served over a big slice of cornbread. WHAT DO I DO, YOU GUYS?

P.S. Don't say put both in there, that's gross and you know it.

yermom
7/13/2010, 09:01 AM
i beg to differ :D

Sooner04
7/13/2010, 09:02 AM
Miller's Dairy Freeze: Ardmore, Oklahoma

One small bag of Frito's. Cut off the top.

Dump in the chili, dump in the shredded cheese.

Staple the top back together and back to work you go. God, it's good.

picasso
7/13/2010, 09:32 AM
Miller's Dairy Freeze: Ardmore, Oklahoma

One small bag of Frito's. Cut off the top.

Dump in the chili, dump in the shredded cheese.

Staple the top back together and back to work you go. God, it's good.

That's how they did it at the old school Hominy Buck football games!

Boomer.....
7/13/2010, 09:42 AM
I really like FCP. Lots. But I also really like eating chili served over a big slice of cornbread. WHAT DO I DO, YOU GUYS?

P.S. Don't say put both in there, that's gross and you know it.

The wife and I eat chili and cornbread all of the time. She eats hers separate but I just put the cornbread in the chili and chop it up. Good eatin'!

NormanPride
7/13/2010, 10:03 AM

Sunny, we made this this (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/30-minute-turkey-chili-recipe/index.html) last night. It was incredibly tasty, and also easy to make. You can cut out the beer and use low sodium chicken stock I guess, but most of the alcohol will cook off and that's where the calories are. Turkey, tomatoes, olive oil, and beans. I was surprised at how filling it was.

And yes, I know it's not really chili with the beans and the turkey, but it's good.

SunnySooner
7/13/2010, 11:13 AM
Thanks, NP, when Mr. SS gets home and I actually have to start cooking again, I'll give it a go, sounds yummy!!

badger
7/13/2010, 11:24 AM
I am badger, and I approve of NP's message... and cooking. We had just gotten back from our evil, awful working (I even extended mine by taking the dogs on a neighborhood walk so they wouldn't keep us up all night, heh) and it was perfect.

NormanPride
7/13/2010, 11:30 AM
Yeah, it wasn't too spicy either. If you want the heat, all you have to do is add more adobo sauce. Holy crap that stuff will light you up.

picasso
7/13/2010, 12:42 PM
Yeah, it wasn't too spicy either. If you want the heat, all you have to do is add more adobo sauce. Holy crap that stuff will light you up.

Will it make you see a double rainbow?

NormanPride
7/13/2010, 12:48 PM
Hallucinogenic properties not guaranteed.

GottaHavePride
7/13/2010, 01:57 PM
i need to pick up some Sriracha, i always forget to

How can you forget to pick that stuff up? It always just sort of magically appears in my cabinet. It's like cutting my toenails - I never remember doing it, but somehow it's always magically taken care of.

:D

SanJoaquinSooner
7/13/2010, 02:01 PM
How can you forget to pick that stuff up? It always just sort of magically appears in my cabinet. It's like cutting my toenails - I never remember doing it, but somehow it's always magically taken care of.

:D

Now this is all beginning to make sense...

http://john-manns-wacky-site.com/originals/series4/pictures/freetoes.jpg

Serge Ibaka
7/13/2010, 02:03 PM
yuck.

Frito Chili Pie > Toenail Chili Pie

ouduckhunter
7/13/2010, 02:04 PM
^^^^^^^ I was about to say gift from God, but after seeing this, I may have to reconsider!

Crucifax Autumn
7/13/2010, 04:00 PM
Good job juan. I've been waiting for months for you to post something that's actually funny on purpose.

SanJoaquinSooner
7/13/2010, 04:55 PM
Good job juan. I've been waiting for months for you to post something that's actually funny on purpose.

Hey, I got lots of lol spek earlier today for post #5 on this thread:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2908176#post2908176

ouwasp
7/13/2010, 05:10 PM
My daughter has a friend from Germany coming to stay with us for a week next month. I think I know what we'll spring on her for supper the first night. With mustard and onions! :)

SunnySooner
7/13/2010, 05:22 PM
When we lived in Hawaii, I was introduced to chili rice. Am I just a total hick, or have y'all had that? 'Cause I gotta say, chili rice is also some pretty good eats.

Crucifax Autumn
7/13/2010, 06:13 PM
Hey, I got lots of lol spek earlier today for post #5 on this thread:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2908176#post2908176

Mildly funny, but WAY too easy right now.

And Sunny...Of course you're a hick, but I never heard of it either and I've been a city mouse for a long time now and I've never had it either. Description? Or is it as obvious as it sounds?

SunnySooner
7/13/2010, 06:46 PM
Yep, just a big ole scoop of white rice with a big ole ladle of chili on top, mix, and devour, yum. There's a saying when you move to Hawaii--never buy a muu-muu, or else you WILL grow into it. Those skinny little hula dancers at the airport ain't what real Hawaiians look like. Think more like Junior Seau and you're right on track.

Crucifax Autumn
7/13/2010, 07:28 PM
I look like crap in a muu-muu anyway.

C&CDean
7/14/2010, 08:06 AM
When we lived in Hawaii, I was introduced to chili rice. Am I just a total hick, or have y'all had that? 'Cause I gotta say, chili rice is also some pretty good eats.

We were raised pretty poor. My mom would buy 25-pound sacks of rice. In my life I've pretty much had rice + anything you could possibly imagine. Rice and chili, beans, eggs, brains, guts, sugar, milk, honey, gravy, cheese, butter, plain, corn, peas, brocolli, carrots, and every kind of meat there is. Sometimes mom would make her goulash and didn't have any noodles. Rice it was. Good **** too.

It's a shame I don't eat rice anymore. I do miss it.

Sooner in Tampa
7/14/2010, 09:22 AM

When I was in Okinawa many moons ago; Taco rice was the deal. White rice, topped with taco spiced hamburger and then that was topped with cheese :D Great chow to get just before heading back to the base.

SunnySooner
7/14/2010, 09:37 AM
We were raised pretty poor. My mom would buy 25-pound sacks of rice. In my life I've pretty much had rice + anything you could possibly imagine. Rice and chili, beans, eggs, brains, guts, sugar, milk, honey, gravy, cheese, butter, plain, corn, peas, brocolli, carrots, and every kind of meat there is. Sometimes mom would make her goulash and didn't have any noodles. Rice it was. Good **** too.

lol, we were rice-friendly as well. We'd have it for breakfast, just white rice with milk, butter and sugar added in, kinda a soupy, sweet rice deal. And then there was chocolate gravy and biscuits, also slathered in butter. Good lowered, it's a wonder we didn't all weigh 500 pounds by middle school.

1890MilesToNorman
7/14/2010, 09:46 AM
lol, we were rice-friendly as well. We'd have it for breakfast, just white rice with milk, butter and sugar added in, kinda a soupy, sweet rice deal.

Grandma fed us this almost every day for breakfast, maybe once or twice a week we would have bacon and eggs or waffles.

We were looking through stuff in our basement the other day and ran across Grandma's waffle iron, it's all beat to hell but brought back fond memories.

OUthunder
7/14/2010, 01:09 PM

I remember being so poor that we ate Mayonaise sandwiches. They were damn good when you were starving.

SunnySooner
7/14/2010, 01:27 PM
I ran into a floormate from my Walker Tower freshman year when we were juniors, I think. She had been quite a bit on the pudgy side as a frosh, but was a svelte and slim junior. I told her she looked great, what was she doing, she said, "My dad cut me off, I'm starving." AWKWARD!!!!