PDA

View Full Version : Best Duos in CFB 2010

IronHorseSooner
7/12/2010, 09:36 AM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1101866

I looked at the Big XII list, and had to do a double-take. My thoughts are as follows:

1) RBs: With all due respect to NU, why are Helu, Jr. and Burkhead ahead of DM and Madu (or Calhoun, for that matter)? That one makes about 0% logic to me.:confused:

2) Receivers: Agreed. A&M receivers are the best in the league; however, we, *, and Tech will also have good duos by the end of the year.

3) OL: Agreed again. About the only thing that CU has are those two guys.

4) DL: Once again, with no disrespect to NU, why is this not Beal and Taylor? Crick is good, but he was in the same boat as Taylor was last year. Beal is far better than Allen, as Beal will likely be a preseason All-American.:confused:

5) LB: This says something about how good most people believe that The Hammer will be.

6) CB: I can't argue with this one. * has the best around.

7) Safeties: QC is the best in the conference, and Proctor is solid. However, * also solid back there.

8) Kickers: Henery is simply THE MAN. That guy is NFL-bound.

NormanPride
7/12/2010, 10:09 AM
How is it that VaTech has the best RB duo in the nation, yet does not win that category in the ACC? Bad article.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/12/2010, 10:28 AM
I can understand the rb ranking...burkhead had a couple of big games towards the end of the season and helu jr can put up some big numbers...

ouleaf
7/12/2010, 10:37 AM
Yeah, I think the fact that we couldn't run worth anything last year b/c of the o-line has something to do with it. The fact that Brown is gone and that Madu/Calhoun didn't get a lot of carries last fall either. So hard to really say we have a tandem at this point.

icmwhOU72
7/12/2010, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I think the fact that we couldn't run worth anything last year b/c of the o-line has something to do with it. The fact that Brown is gone and that Madu/Calhoun didn't get a lot of carries last fall either. So hard to really say we have a tandem at this point.

I tend to agree with you especially since all the talk of the spring and summer coming out of the sooner camp is that murray will be a "feature" back instead of part of a rotation like he has been in 08 and 09.

goingoneight
7/12/2010, 11:51 AM
Murray's history of being ont-the-field/off-the-field for whatever reason, be it injury or the coaches splitting carries makes him the biggest sleeper in the country. If the OL can make the turnaround in 2010 that they did in 2002 and 2006 following up bad years, DM could finally have that monster year we all know he's capable of. You can pick a guy who may be faster than DM, maybe stronger, but none that I've seen since a man named AD are more talented.

yankee
7/12/2010, 09:34 PM
1) RBs: With all due respect to NU, why are Helu, Jr. and Burkhead ahead of DM and Madu (or Calhoun, for that matter)? That one makes about 0% logic to me.:confused:

how does that make 0% logic? i have no problem with helu and burkhead being ahead of DM and JC. we had problems running the ball last season and JC hasn't proved himself on the field and MM hasn't seen the field as a RB in a season.

swardboy
7/13/2010, 07:40 AM
My duo pick: Jones to Broyles!