PDA

View Full Version : Owebama said he was going to save or create jobs...

OklahomaTuba
7/12/2010, 09:17 AM
they just happen to be in other countries.

First rig sails away over drilling ban
Lawmakers and experts fear loss is only the start of offshore exodus

"There are two types of rigs in the deep-water Gulf today: those that are leaving the country and those that want to, because with this moratorium hanging over their heads, they simply can't go back to work," Brady said. "I'm afraid this is the first of many rigs and many American jobs to leave the Gulf."http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/7101738.html

XingTheRubicon
7/12/2010, 09:34 AM
Kind of a tough spot for him to be in, biggest environmental disaster in US history and all.

OklahomaTuba
7/12/2010, 09:44 AM
Ok, so why make even MORE people needlessly suffer when there is no reason for them too?

Is double digit unemployment just not enough for the libz?

All those people who are now jobless thanks to Dear Leader had nothing to do with the oil spill.

delhalew
7/12/2010, 10:39 AM
We knew this was coming. It's a damn shame this disaster has been handled politically rather than with the best interest of our Gulf Coast Americans in mind.
The libs will get the 5 dollar gas they want so desperately.

Sooner04
7/12/2010, 10:42 AM
Ok, so why make even MORE people needlessly suffer when there is no reason for them too?
Maybe they want evidence that the next time something like this happens it can be repaired before we pump a gajillion more gallons of oil into the Gulf.

No sense in blindly pushing forth and not learning from the mistakes.

This too shall pass.

delhalew
7/12/2010, 10:52 AM
Maybe they want evidence that the next time something like this happens it can be repaired before we pump a gajillion more gallons of oil into the Gulf.

No sense in blindly pushing forth and not learning from the mistakes.

This too shall pass.

Do you anything about this subject? Doesn't matter. Why should you give a damn about working folks who need a job? Why would care if a person has to commute and can no longer keep their standard of living up because fuel prices double.
There is good reason why the courts are rejecting this, and has nothing to do with any judge and whether or not they have been invested in a mutual fund.

StoopTroup
7/12/2010, 10:56 AM
The Oil Companies that say they want to leave are probably bartering for the vacated spots. One thing I know about oil Companies is they might leave.....but they won't sell off their right to drill and drain the earth of every drop of oil.

More scare tactics.

delhalew
7/12/2010, 11:06 AM
The Oil Companies that say they want to leave are probably bartering for the vacated spots. One thing I know about oil Companies is they might leave.....but they won't sell off their right to drill and drain the earth of every drop of oil.

More scare tactics.

This is not the problem, ST. These state of the art rigs are not only ludicrously expensive, but in high demand. No drilling company(different from an oil company) can afford to have them sitting idle. Even though the adminstrations efforts have failed, the threat of a moratorium has the same effect as an actual moratorium.
It's not a scare tactic, but we should be scared. Once these rigs leave, they don't come back for years.

StoopTroup
7/12/2010, 11:13 AM
It's not a scare tactic, but we should be scared. Once these rigs leave, they don't come back for years.

It's a scare tactic. Let em leave.

Do you play poker? Because I'd love to play a real money game with some of you. :pop:

http://www.artistofthedeal.com/otherArt_full2/CorporatePokerPlayingDogs.jpg

I have a lucky rabbit.

OklahomaTuba
7/12/2010, 11:20 AM
Maybe they want evidence that the next time something like this happens it can be repaired before we pump a gajillion more gallons of oil into the Gulf.And that's fine, no one is against doing things that will be safer to keep from this kind of devastation from happening again,

however you don't have to run off 10-20% of our domestic energy production and destroy untold thousands of jobs in the discovery process.

Unless destroying the private sector economy is what liberals wanted to do in the first place, which seems to be the only thing they are succeeding in doing.

delhalew
7/12/2010, 11:21 AM

Do you play poker? Because I'd love to play a real money game with some of you. :pop:

http://www.artistofthedeal.com/otherArt_full2/CorporatePokerPlayingDogs.jpg

I have a lucky rabbit.

Wtf...I guess I was mistaken in thinking we were having a discussion.

OklahomaTuba
7/12/2010, 11:22 AM
I bet someone, probably a union thug, said the same thing about our domestic steel, textile, auto, electronics, and the rest of our manufacturing industry at some point.

That worked out well in the end.

StoopTroup
7/12/2010, 11:25 AM
Tuba....

Those same folks you say He's running off were just in his office telling him how safe Off-shore rigs were and trying to get him to approve drilling off the East Coast of our great Country.

Would it be prudent at this juncture to just go ahead and let these lying some beeyotches continue to drill anywhere when it's completely obvious they would slit the throats of their own children to get another deal inked for a drilling site?

If some other country wants to take those rigs and let them drill off their shore and later be responsible for killing off the livelihood of people who fish and provide food to their Country....then let them do it.

StoopTroup
7/12/2010, 11:29 AM
I bet someone, probably a union thug, said the same thing about our domestic steel, textile, auto, electronics, and the rest of our manufacturing industry at some point.

That worked out well in the end.

Just another scare tactic.

I think it's getting quite obvious it wasn't Unions that have ruined anything in this Country. The Unions didn't spill all that oil in the gulf now did they?

Was it the Unions that outsourced the jobs you talk about in those industries or the Free Market you say exists?

OklahomaTuba
7/12/2010, 11:36 AM
Would it be prudent at this juncture to just go ahead and let these lying some beeyotches continue to drill anywhere when it's completely obvious they would slit the throats of their own children to get another deal inked for a drilling site?

Ironic, since its the Government that tells the drillers where to drill.

http://www.badblue.com/temp/061112-oil3.jpg

Again, in case you missed it, if the Government would let the drillers do their thing in shallow water or onshore instead of forcing them to drill in deep water, we wouldn't have this mess to begin with.

So instead of fixing the problem properly, they will offshore the industry like they have helped to do with the rest of the economy.

I'm guessing this is what they mean by "Obama's New Normal". Jobs everywhere, but here.

delhalew
7/12/2010, 11:44 AM
Yeah. Other nation don't drill in the gulf. We haven't done it for 60 years. I done.

JohnnyMack
7/12/2010, 11:46 AM
Kind of a tough spot for him to be in, biggest environmental disaster in US history and all.

This is a tough situation to be sure. You can't really take seriously the things zealots like Tuba say as he's got a vested in interest in both the oil & gas industry as well as a total hard-on for railing against anything Obama does*

And I'm also certain there are plenty of super left-wing ideologues who would be fine if we never drilled another drop of oil out of the ground period.

I don't think that erring on the side of caution and making sure that another situation like this doesn't happen again is anti-American, anti-worker or anti-jobs. I'm not smart enough to know whether or not we need a full moratorium, or if we can simply give them a deadline to comply with a new set of safety standards, but clearly doing a little preventive maintenance right now is prudent.

*Obama ate his sandwich on a croissant?!?!?! OMG why doesn't he just **** on Betsy Ross' head while he rapes puppies and burns the Declaration of Independence next time!!!! OMGmockoutrageI'msodisgusted!!!

Bourbon St Sooner
7/12/2010, 01:02 PM
Jobs. Who needs jobs in America? We've got food stamps. After all, food stamps are free right?

OklahomaTuba
7/12/2010, 01:38 PM
I'm not smart enough to know whether or not we need a full moratorium, or if we can simply give them a deadline to comply with a new set of safety standards, but clearly doing a little preventive maintenance right now is prudent.Now why would the greatest job destroying President in US history try preventive maintenance? That might create jobs.

ndpruitt03
7/12/2010, 01:58 PM
If Obama really were an environmentalist and wasn't about politics this situation would have not happened. Before the oil spill there was actually warning about this and in fact they wanted to stop the drilling there before it happened, but Obama made a mistake and let them do what they were doing. Now he's blaming all his problems on the last administration. Who cares about the last administration?

If you want to blame former admins for your problems why not do the same for blaming Woodrow Wilson who made the Fed and the IRS. Why not blame FDR for social security. Getting rid of those 2 things would solve a lot of problems today. But you won't ever see Obama blaming them.

Fact is that doing the same thing our last president did except on steroids, isn't really the last president's fault. You could have pulled a complete 180 and stopped all spending and tried to work with the republicans instead of shutting them out from day one. Even the republicans under Bush worked with democrats for most of their major legislation.

OklahomaTuba
7/12/2010, 02:14 PM
If Obama really were an environmentalist and wasn't about politics this situation would have not happened.

They said that if I voted Republican, the world would be covered in crude oil, AND THEY WERE RIGHT!!!!!

OklahomaTuba
7/12/2010, 04:57 PM
Just another scare tactic from those eeeevillll awl companies.

What is this, the 3rd time now? Bye bye jobs and domestic energy industry.

Deepwater-Drilling Ban Renewed by U.S.'s Salazar in Wake of BP Oil Spill

U.S. Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar directed the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement to issue new suspensions of deepwater drilling on the outer continental shelf, according to an e- mailed statement.

Salazar said a pause is needed to ensure that oil and gas companies implement adequate safety measures to reduce the risks associated with deepwater drilling operations and are prepared for blowouts and oil spills.http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-12/deepwater-drilling-ban-renewed-by-u-s-s-salazar-in-wake-of-bp-oil-spill.html

StoopTroup
7/12/2010, 06:19 PM
Once the crack dealer gets ya hooked he starts charging you and later telling you he needs you make a few deliveries for him too.

I can remember reading about these guys who were drilling for oil decades ago that couldn't hardly find anyone to buy that ****. The guys on horseback made fun of them.

RDKGx3lOXkQ

ndpruitt03
7/12/2010, 06:29 PM
And maybe when some other energy comes up that can get us off fossil fuel or oil becomes feasible and as consistent as fossil fuels we can use those. But the fact is there isn't one out there right now. If you think gas is expensive right now wait till we try and go to a green energy.

StoopTroup
7/12/2010, 06:36 PM
I'm surprised it isn't $10 a gallon right now.

ndpruitt03
7/12/2010, 06:47 PM
It already is that high most of the world because of the carbon taxes they have. I think if we do that then there will probably be less money spent on the economy and people will start saving more. It won't be good for our economy at all.

StoopTroup
7/12/2010, 06:56 PM
Once BP is broke we'll be paying taxes to help the Gulf Area is my guess.

delhalew
7/12/2010, 07:15 PM
I know exactly how this will play out. Obama's action will help some people in Texas and OK and I'll make a ****load of money while most people suffer. If he gets cap and tax we're all boned and might never recover.

ndpruitt03
7/12/2010, 07:49 PM
I think after Cap & Tax passes we could see 15-20% unemployment.

delhalew
7/12/2010, 08:01 PM

And that's the bogus number. Add 10-20% for those that give up or take part time employment. Not mention those that can keep a job, but see the quality of life for their family fall far below anything seen in generations. The only upside is it might make us stronger, but good is that if our republican form of government is forever lost.

ndpruitt03
7/12/2010, 08:36 PM
You think of everything that is made out of oil from our clothing to things like soap, to a million other things you don't even think of in everyday life. You have to get companies to spend more money on that it's going to take away from employment in other areas. It's really that simple. And then you count how much it is to ship all products and the raising costs of gas

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/13/2010, 12:38 AM
Jobs. Who needs jobs in America? We've got food stamps. After all, food stamps are free right?Wow! Who flipped your switch?

Breadburner
7/13/2010, 04:48 AM
Hard for a President to understand jobs when he has never had one.....

Bourbon St Sooner
7/13/2010, 08:46 AM
Wow! Who flipped your switch?

Don't you know? I'm a Big Oil Polluter. My job is to see how many walruses I can kill in the Gulf.

OklahomaTuba
7/13/2010, 12:56 PM
I'm surprised it isn't $10 a gallon right now.

I'm not.

Demand is in the ****ter thanks to Owebomba's "New Normal". Lots of slack right now in the chain as they say.

Get us out of double digit funemployment and a growing economy and lets see where those crude prices go. It won't be pretty.

OklahomaTuba
7/13/2010, 12:57 PM
Don't you know? I'm a Big Oil Polluter. My job is to see how many walruses I can kill in the Gulf.
Got any kills today??

I've got my eyes on a couple of baby sealions myself.

ndpruitt03
7/13/2010, 01:26 PM
I'm not.

Demand is in the ****ter thanks to Owebomba's "New Normal". Lots of slack right now in the chain as they say.

Get us out of double digit funemployment and a growing economy and lets see where those crude prices go. It won't be pretty.

Actually demand hasn't gone down. I honestly don't have a clue why gas isn't skyrocketing right now.

OklahomaTuba
7/13/2010, 04:44 PM
Actually demand hasn't gone down. I honestly don't have a clue why gas isn't skyrocketing right now.For refined good? Heck yeah it has. We got refineries shutting down because of it.

That didn't happen 2 years ago.

Crucifax Autumn
7/13/2010, 06:26 PM

It's already at least that high when you consider the REAL unemployment rate.

GKeeper316
7/13/2010, 08:49 PM
Ironic, since its the Government that tells the drillers where to drill.

http://www.badblue.com/temp/061112-oil3.jpg

Again, in case you missed it, if the Government would let the drillers do their thing in shallow water or onshore instead of forcing them to drill in deep water, we wouldn't have this mess to begin with.

So instead of fixing the problem properly, they will offshore the industry like they have helped to do with the rest of the economy.

I'm guessing this is what they mean by "Obama's New Normal". Jobs everywhere, but here.

tourism is a bigger industry than oil, and provides more jobs.

who the hell wants to go to a beach that has a damn drilling rig 500 yards offshore?

GKeeper316
7/13/2010, 08:50 PM
Actually demand hasn't gone down. I honestly don't have a clue why gas isn't skyrocketing right now.

refineries have stepped up production to meet global demand.

bluedogok
7/13/2010, 09:06 PM
I think it's ridiculous that everyone acts like this was the first time ever that a deepwater well has been drilled and the entire process is flawed. What was flawed was getting around safeguards and ignoring protocols which seems to be what happened in this case. There have been many thousands of wells drilled in the gulf and many deepwater wells without incident. Problems like the BP disaster usually happen because things have gone well in the past and safeguards and observation are relaxed, which was one of the contributing factors to the Challenger disaster. Once things become so routine people start ignoring the safety procedures.

As far as "oil jobs" all those new "green energy" jobs will replace them, after athe Chinese are building quite a few plants photovoltaic plants here in the US.....

texaspokieokie
7/14/2010, 09:44 AM
only job obama is saving is his, & that's only gonna be for 2-1/2 more years.

his desire is to ruin the oil industry.

texaspokieokie
7/14/2010, 09:49 AM
if i were going to the beach, a drilling rig 500 yards off shore wouldn't
bother me @ all.

JohnnyMack
7/14/2010, 10:12 AM
his desire is to ruin the oil industry.

And white people.

OklahomaTuba
7/14/2010, 11:24 AM
tourism is a bigger industry than oil, and provides more jobs.

who the hell wants to go to a beach that has a damn drilling rig 500 yards offshore?Of course, tourism. Let's just consume ****, not produce anything. Gotcha.

And exactly how much tourism and tourism jobs do you think there will be if oil is $150+ barrel again????

Or if there is an oil shortage thanks to an oil embargo since we can't produce our own reserves now????

OklahomaTuba
7/14/2010, 11:27 AM
his desire is to ruin every industry he hasn't nationalized yet.

FIFY.

JohnnyMack
7/14/2010, 11:29 AM
Or if there is an oil shortage thanks to an oil embargo since we can't produce our own reserves now????

An oil embargo? By whom?

OklahomaTuba
7/14/2010, 11:33 AM
An oil embargo? By whom?OPEC, Mexico, Chavez, Nigeria, etc.

If Israel decides to hit Iran, I don't think its too far out to expect something like this from some of these guys.

And Mexico is doing more major damage to their fields every day. Sad story down there.

JohnnyMack
7/14/2010, 11:34 AM
You're cute when you're being all tin-foil hatty.

OklahomaTuba
7/14/2010, 11:41 AM
You're cute when you're being all tin-foil hatty.You really don't know much about anything, do you??

Life must suck for you.

Bourbon St Sooner
7/14/2010, 02:25 PM
An oil embargo by Mexico? That would be devastating. I could see gas prices going from $2.49 to $2.50 overnight.

texaspokieokie
7/14/2010, 02:36 PM
we get a large %age of our foreign oil from mex.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/14/2010, 02:40 PM
An oil embargo by Mexico? That would be devastating. I could see gas prices going from $2.49 to $2.50 overnight. OUCH! Find that switch-thrower, and have him/her flip it on, again.

Bourbon St Sooner
7/14/2010, 04:13 PM
Mexico's production has been declining for years and PEMEX is a joke. Yes they're still one of the top 3 exporters to the US at this date, but on a global scale they are becoming a marginal player.

Besides that, the threat of a Mexican oil embargo seems like such a joke it's hardly worth mentioning.

texaspokieokie
7/15/2010, 10:10 AM
yep, oil is about all they got going for them.

and of course illegals.