PDA

View Full Version : Any OU gains from USC fallout?

SeattleOUstudent
7/11/2010, 06:21 PM
Are we getting any nibbles from notable USC players leaving the program?:pop:

Tigeman
7/11/2010, 07:49 PM
About the only notable leaving is Seantrel Henderson and he's never stepped foot on a college football field.

All the rest are 2nd and 3rd stringers.

meoveryouxinfinity
7/15/2010, 10:43 AM
ummm yes.
Brennan Clay
Tony Jefferson
Kenny Stills.

I am 100% positive that one of those (I won't mention who) would've gone to USC if they weren't in deep ****. He decided to stay the heck away. Smart man.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/15/2010, 01:05 PM
ummm yes.
Brennan Clay
Tony Jefferson
Kenny Stills.

I am 100% positive that one of those (I won't mention who) would've gone to USC if they weren't in deep ****. He decided to stay the heck away. Smart man.

Well, Stills and Clay didn't even have an offer from USC. So, I guess that only leaves one...

Tigeman
7/15/2010, 02:56 PM
Pretty sure we can thank Stills for Jefferson. Stills apparently campaigned pretty hard for us. Along w/ Brennan Clay.

soonerboy_odanorth
8/4/2010, 05:00 PM
Are we getting any nibbles from notable USC players leaving the program?:pop:

I don't mean this mean-spiritedly, but who cares? If they chose the SUC over OU to begin with, why do we care about them any longer?

That's not that I don't feel bad for the kid getting sold a bill of goods by SUC and Carrol/Kiffen, but what I mean is.. if it happens it happens, if it doesn't... meh.

The only reason we might ever care is if you can say without a doubt, that the kid they signed is markedly better than the one we did at the same position. And I don't think that's the case for the most part.

Please note, I would put grade issue/prep school/juco guys, like Torrance Marshal, in a slightly different category. But come to think of it, he's the only guy I can think of that was signed to a major power (Miamuh), that ended up completing his career (in a meaningful way) here.

JMO...

Salt City Sooner
8/5/2010, 01:59 PM
I don't mean this mean-spiritedly, but who cares? If they chose the SUC over OU to begin with, why do we care about them any longer?

That's not that I don't feel bad for the kid getting sold a bill of goods by SUC and Carrol/Kiffen, but what I mean is.. if it happens it happens, if it doesn't... meh.

The only reason we might ever care is if you can say without a doubt, that the kid they signed is markedly better than the one we did at the same position. And I don't think that's the case for the most part.

Please note, I would put grade issue/prep school/juco guys, like Torrance Marshal, in a slightly different category. But come to think of it, he's the only guy I can think of that was signed to a major power (Miamuh), that ended up completing his career (in a meaningful way) here.

JMO...
Nate Hybl, Lance Mitchell, & Lynn McGruder off the top of my head......

SoonerSoph
8/5/2010, 04:05 PM
Pretty sure we can thank Stills for Jefferson. Stills apparently campaigned pretty hard for us. Along w/ Brennan Clay.

That very well may be... But I've talked to Tony about it and he told me he didn't like USC because you could tell they were slime, especially Kiffin and Carroll. And they offered him illegal gifts.

He did say that recruiting was tough because all of the coaches were saying pretty much the same things... Hard to differentiate who is lying and who isn't.

No doubt Kenny and Brennan played a major role in OU winning out. But it sounded like USC didn't help their chances.