PDA

View Full Version : I hate the City of Chicago...

Okla-homey
7/11/2010, 02:56 PM
and want to drown its kittens. In fact, I want to beat its puppies with its kittens before I drown them. Then I want to bury its puppies up to their necks and decapitate them with a lawn mower.

Hate is a strong word, but I HATE the Chicago City Council.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Just four days after the Supreme Court struck down the nearly 30 year-long handgun bans in the cities of Chicago and Oak Park within its opinion in McDonald v. Chicago, Chicago enacted one of the most restrictive anti-gun ordinances in the United States. The vote on the Council approving the ordinance was unanimous.

Commenting on the scope of the new ordinance, Corporation Counsel Mara Georges, the top attorney for the city, said, "We've gone farther than anyone else ever has."

The city's so-called "Responsible Gun Ownership Ordinance" provisions include:

1) a ban on all gun sales in the city;
2) a ban on possession of firearms for self-defense outside the "home" -- even on a patio or in an attached garage;
3) a ban on having more than one assembled and operable firearm in the home;
4) a provision that allows the Chicago police to arbitrarily ban "unsafe" handguns based on unlimited criteria, and:
5) a training requirement to obtain a Chicago Firearm Permit. (However, range training would be impossible since it will now be unlawful to operate a shooting range within city limits.)

Therefore, I vow, henceforth, never again to set foot in that place and to hope their Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs and White Sox never win another game. Ever. In fact, it would suit me fine if they all drowned too.

Leroy Lizard
7/11/2010, 03:15 PM
Commenting on the scope of the new ordinance, Corporation Counsel Mara Georges, the top attorney for the city, said, "We've gone farther than anyone else ever has."

Stalin disagrees.

MR2-Sooner86
7/11/2010, 03:16 PM
From the proud city that brought you Obama.

Leroy Lizard
7/11/2010, 03:25 PM
and want to drown its kittens. In fact, I want to beat its puppies with its kittens before I drown them. Then I want to bury its puppies up to their necks and decapitate them with a lawn mower.

Hate is a strong word, but I HATE the Chicago City Council.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Just four days after the Supreme Court struck down the nearly 30 year-long handgun bans in the cities of Chicago and Oak Park within its opinion in McDonald v. Chicago, Chicago enacted one of the most restrictive anti-gun ordinances in the United States. The vote on the Council approving the ordinance was unanimous.

The city's so-called "Responsible Gun Ownership Ordinance" provisions include:

1) a ban on all gun sales in the city;
2) a ban on possession of firearms for self-defense outside the "home" -- even on a patio or in an attached garage;
3) a ban on having more than one assembled and operable firearm in the home;
4) a provision that allows the Chicago police to arbitrarily ban "unsafe" handguns based on unlimited criteria, and:
5) a training requirement to obtain a Chicago Firearm Permit. (However, range training would be impossible since it will now be unlawful to operate a shooting range within city limits.)

Therefore, I vow, henceforth, never again to set foot in that place and to hope their Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs and White Sox never win another game. Ever. In fact, it would suit me fine if they all drowned too.

Do the politicians and celebrities in Chicago hire armed security?

MR2-Sooner86
7/11/2010, 03:28 PM
Do the politicians and celebrities in Chicago hire armed security?

Mayor Daley, former Mayor Eugene Sawyer, City Treasurer Judy Rice and Ald. Edward M. Burke (14th), chairman of the City Council's Finance Committee, are the only Chicagoans who have police officers assigned to them as bodyguards. Former Mayor Jane M. Byrne, Daley's archrival, has no police protection.

The Police Department refused to reveal the precise number of bodyguards assigned to the four officials. The Special Police Services section, where bodyguards are drawn, has 63 officers and an annual budget of $4.8 million.
(http://www.suntimes.com/news/hired/31589,cst-nws-laski19.article)

Leroy Lizard
7/11/2010, 03:32 PM
If death threats were levied against Rev. Wright, how long would it take to get a special exception to the law?

SanJoaquinSooner
7/11/2010, 03:33 PM
Sorry to disagree with ole' Ronnie [Reagan] Boy, but conservatism does not argue for less government. It argues for more local control of government.

war local control!?

Leroy Lizard
7/11/2010, 03:34 PM
war local control!?

What the hell is a war local control?

delhalew
7/11/2010, 03:44 PM
Chicago is the biggest ****hole in this nation. I made the decision a couple years ago to never again set foot in that commie cesspool, even if it costs me money. The criminal element has taken over that city, but what's new. The leaders have always been the biggest criminals.

Okla-homey
7/11/2010, 03:58 PM
Chicago is the biggest ****hole in this nation. I made the decision a couple years ago to never again set foot in that commie cesspool, even if it costs me money. The criminal element has taken over that city, but what's new. The leaders have always been the biggest criminals.

The good news is, Plaintiffs who sue the mayor and council for violation of their rights under color of Sec. 1983 get attorney's fees when they win. I hope each councilman and hizzoner are sued senseless and go bankrupt over this crapola.

SanJoaquinSooner
7/11/2010, 04:10 PM
What the hell is a war local control?

What does "war" mean in Jim Rome's Jungle-speak?

Best Answer:
it's in reference to the University of Auburn's cry of "War Eagle". So now instead of war "eagle", they just say war whatever they want to give props to.

Leroy Lizard
7/11/2010, 04:26 PM
What does "war" mean in Jim Rome's Jungle-speak?

Best Answer:
it's in reference to the University of Auburn's cry of "War Eagle". So now instead of war "eagle", they just say war whatever they want to give props to.

I wouldn't have guessed that in a million years. I'm still not sure if I was being cheered or jeered.

Tulsa_Fireman
7/11/2010, 04:27 PM
Jim Rome is a homo.

SoonerStormchaser
7/11/2010, 04:47 PM
Homey...you forgot the Blackhawks on that list.

Dhalew...New Orleans is an even bigger ****hole than Chicago.

delhalew
7/11/2010, 05:02 PM

I don't know man. I still happily go to Nawlins. It's a city that has it's problems, but it's no Chicago...IMHO.

Okla-homey
7/11/2010, 05:12 PM

No I didn't. They're on there.

Okla-homey
7/11/2010, 05:13 PM
I don't know man. I still happily go to Nawlins. It's a city that has it's problems, including the fact it smells like stale pee IMHO.

Fixed it.

olevetonahill
7/11/2010, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't have guessed that in a million years. I'm still not sure if I was being cheered or jeered.

When in doubt, go with the later.:rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
7/11/2010, 05:23 PM
When in doubt, go with the later.:rolleyes:

Admittedly, you're right.

Okla-homey
7/11/2010, 05:27 PM
From the proud city that brought you Obama.

Word. And to think, there were undecideds who checked his box on the ballot thinking, "hey, maybe he'll be okay." How they could think a creature that emerged from that slimepit, where it was nurtured, would not be the biggest dissapointment in the history of dissapointment, Lord only knows.

Fortunately for the Republic, it would appear those folks have learned their lesson.

King Crimson
7/11/2010, 06:30 PM
all the golf courses look the same from the air, two fairway bunkers and two fairway bunkers. dogleg par 4.

yermom
7/11/2010, 07:09 PM
Word. And to think, there were undecideds who checked his box on the ballot thinking, "hey, maybe he'll be okay." How they could think a creature that emerged from that slimepit, where it was nurtured, would not be the biggest dissapointment in the history of dissapointment, Lord only knows.

Fortunately for the Republic, it would appear those folks have learned their lesson.

yeah, fortunately the country has nosedived so we might not have a two-termed donk

C&CDean
7/11/2010, 07:17 PM
all the golf courses look the same from the air, two fairway bunkers and two fairway bunkers. dogleg par 4.

Why do you hate Butler National?

Sorry Homester, but I separate the politics/stupidity of some folks outta Chicago from the city herself. I ****ing love Chicago. One of my all-time favorite dives to visit. If you can't have fun in downtown Chicago, you're a) dead, b) retarded, c) gay, d) straightophobic. Chicago is a groovy town. If I'm gonna take momma for a good time and dinner without a passport, it's San Francisco or Chicago.

Chuck Bao
7/11/2010, 07:28 PM
Politics aside, I actually love Chicago. I would much rather live there than say NY or LA. The people just do not seem as condescending or pretentious.

Okla-homey
7/11/2010, 07:30 PM

Sorry Homester, but I separate the politics/stupidity of some folks outta Chicago from the city herself. I ****ing love Chicago. One of my all-time favorite dives to visit. If you can't have fun in downtown Chicago, you're a) dead, b) retarded, c) gay, d) straightophobic. Chicago is a groovy town. If I'm gonna take momma for a good time and dinner without a passport, it's San Francisco or Chicago.

You ever been to Charleston, SC?

If you haven't, you really have no basis for thinking Chicago and SF are the awesome.

It's like New Orleans without the dysfunctionalism, stench and seamy fester only an inch beneath the surface. It's safe. And your Okie CCP is valid just in case. Great golf is that's your thing. Fishing, either saltwater or fresh. Hunting in the fall. Widest, prettiest beaches on the East Coast. More historic stuff than you can shake a stick at. Wild night life for the young folks. Superb dining. Killer hotels*.

In summary, its the closest thing to perfect as an vacation destination in North America.

*This summer, we stayed in the same hotel Bobby Lee stayed in during the winter and spring 1860-61 run-up to the Cornfed attack on Ft. Sumter.

Chuck Bao
7/11/2010, 07:34 PM

Okay, you said it much better.

C&CDean
7/11/2010, 07:36 PM
You ever been to Charleston, SC?

If you haven't, you really have no basis for thinking Chicago and SF are the awesome.

It's like New Orleans without the dysfunctionalism, stench and seamy fester only an inch beneath the surface. It's safe. And your Okie CCP is valid just in case. Great golf is that's your thing. Fishing, either saltwater or fresh. Hunting in the fall. Widest, prettiest beaches on the East Coast. More historic stuff than you can shake a stick at. Wild night life for the young folks. Superb dining. Killer hotels*.

In summary, its the closest thing to perfect as an vacation destination in North America.

*This summer, we stayed in the same hotel Bobby Lee stayed in during the winter and spring 1860-61 run-up to the Cornfed attack on Ft. Sumter.

So what you're saying is "Delayne is right over my shoulder."

Let's see, OKC - Chicago on American Airlines = $168. OKC Charleston - via Atlanta, Charlotte, Fayetteville, and Panama City = $997. I love me the SC coast (you know I spent 3 years at Ft. Bragg), but for cuisine, blues, **** to do, it's hard to beat Chicago. Cheep. Really cheep.

KC//CRIMSON
7/11/2010, 07:38 PM

Ditto all that plus the art, food, and sports scene. Chi-Town is awesome.

AlbqSooner
7/11/2010, 07:45 PM
Chicago IS one of the best places in the country to go out for dinner. All ethnicities are represented.
However, from a political standpoint they make Louisiana look downright ethical. Machine politics were not invented in Chicago, but Chicago is state of the art in that category.

GottaHavePride
7/12/2010, 11:45 AM
I'm with Dean on this one.

Sooner04
7/12/2010, 11:55 AM
Sorry Homester, but I separate the politics/stupidity of some folks outta Chicago from the city herself. I ****ing love Chicago.
Good for you. I wish more of us around here were open-minded and could separate politics from everything else in their daily lives. I'm no fan of the politics of California, and San Diego herself is nearly bankrupt as a city, but I'd live there for the rest of my life if I could.

Now let's all go tee it up at Kemper Lakes. [runs for cover]

NormanPride
7/12/2010, 12:09 PM
It's no Detroit.

Position Limit
7/12/2010, 12:09 PM
chicago absolutely pisses on charleston. it's the difference between shooting bullets and throwing bullets. how in the hell did south carolina even get mentioned in the same post as chicago?
as a former resident of chicago, nyc, philly and vistor of charlston i can honestly say that comparing chicago to anything in south carolina is retarded. charleston? really? while you're at it, why not add west palm beach, redneck riviera and various other southern locals to compare with.

TUSooner
7/12/2010, 12:30 PM

Hey! New Orleans people are much friendlier - at least they are more sociable -- than Chicago folk. And you can have your guns here. ;)

I agree with Homey: F*** CHICAGO.

olevetonahill
7/12/2010, 12:38 PM
Hey! New Orleans people are much friendlier - at least they are more sociable -- than Chicago folk. And you can have your guns here. ;)

Unless theres a Hurricane ;)

Never been to New Orleans, want to make it one day
Have been to Chicago, never want to go back

delhalew
7/12/2010, 01:01 PM
It's no Detroit.

Just like Detroit, Chicago is dragging the rest of the state kicking and screaming into the abyss.

Bourbon St Sooner
7/12/2010, 01:07 PM

You forgot the best thing about New Orleans - you can walk down the street with a beer in your hand and not get harrassed.

HBick
7/12/2010, 01:18 PM
Chicago is one of my favorite cities in the world, I'm not to high on it between December and March, but it's all good.

Also, lots of badass food.

C&CDean
7/12/2010, 01:24 PM
You can't even mention Chicago and New Orleans in the same sentence - unless you're talking politics.

If you were offered an all-expenses paid trip for a week to Chicago or NO, where would you go? Just so it's clear, I'd take a trip to Paducah or Gila Bend over NO.

Collier11
7/12/2010, 01:39 PM
Unless theres a Hurricane ;)

Never been to New Orleans, want to make it one day
Have been to Chicago, never want to go back

NO was a great city to visit, problem is that it was disgusting. Never been to Chicago but I would like to go, every one of my friends who have gone said it was allsome

virginiasooner
7/12/2010, 01:48 PM
I've only been to NO once, and it was nice (despite the loss to LSU), and, sad to say, there's little chance I'll pay another visit to the Big Easy anytime in the coming decade. Frankly, Chicago rules -- great baseball, great lakefront, great entertainment, great food, great museums. Of course, I never visited in the winter!

Collier11
7/12/2010, 01:49 PM
I've only been to NO once, and it was nice (despite the loss to LSU), and, sad to say, there's little chance I'll pay another visit to the Big Easy anytime in the coming decade. Frankly, Chicago rules -- Entertaining although not even close to Great baseball, great lakefront, great entertainment, great food, great museums. Of course, I never visited in the winter!

FTFY :D

Mjcpr
7/12/2010, 01:50 PM
FTFY :D

Thank you. As a Cubs fan, I was offended.

Collier11
7/12/2010, 01:53 PM
Well, Im a Cards fan so what do you expect ;)

delhalew
7/12/2010, 02:05 PM
NO was a great city to visit, problem is that it was disgusting. Never been to Chicago but I would like to go, every one of my friends who have gone said it was allsome

I'm not saying you can't have fun in chicago, but the violence there is out of control. Seriously, the cops have all but given up.
Additionally, I believe in voting with your feet and your dollars. If you don't like the laws or taxes in your state you move. Politically, chicago stands for everything I detest. Thus, they gets none of my munnies.

C&CDean
7/12/2010, 02:09 PM
I'm not saying you can't have fun in chicago, but the violence there is out of control. Seriously, the cops have all but given up.
Additionally, I believe in voting with your feet and your dollars. If you don't like the laws or taxes in your state you move. Politically, chicago stands for everything I detest. Thus, they gets none of my munnies.

Dude, c'mon. There's violence in every big city full of poor, uneducated people. I have been to NO and Chicago many, many times. There are places you just don't go, but overall, unless you're a ****ing idiot, you will be fine.

I can walk you all over downtown Chicago and never worry about getting gangstered. I can also take you places where you won't make it 100-feet without somebody jacking with you. Then again, I can do that in OKC. Just stay away from Martin Luther King Blvd. in any big city and you're golden.

Collier11
7/12/2010, 02:21 PM
Hell, the home of my Cardinals has had the #1 murder rate in the nation here lately.

delhalew
7/12/2010, 02:24 PM
Dude, c'mon. There's violence in every big city full of poor, uneducated people. I have been to NO and Chicago many, many times. There are places you just don't go, but overall, unless you're a ****ing idiot, you will be fine.

I can walk you all over downtown Chicago and never worry about getting gangstered. I can also take you places where you won't make it 100-feet without somebody jacking with you. Then again, I can do that in OKC. Just stay away from Martin Luther King Blvd. in any big city and you're golden.

It could be a consideration for some people. I'm no dummy. When its a pleasure trip, I keep my family out of those areas. When I'm working, I'm required to be in the ****tiest parts of any given city.
Look it up though, shootings are getting so bad, they want the National Guard in there.

delhalew
7/12/2010, 02:29 PM
Hell, the home of my Cardinals has had the #1 murder rate in the nation here lately.

Dude, East St. Louis is its own universe of mayhem. Thanks again, Illinois.

KC//CRIMSON
7/12/2010, 02:35 PM
People must be flocking by the millions to Marlow, Ok for the entertainment.

delhalew
7/12/2010, 02:50 PM
People must be flocking by the millions to Marlow, Ok for the entertainment.

No hotshot. Marlow is were you go to escape from idiots flocking to where ever for entertainment. I have wallowed for years in entertainment. Now I would like to fish and live in the woods where folks are polite and leave you the **** alone.

TUSooner
7/12/2010, 03:24 PM
You forgot the best thing about New Orleans - you can walk down the street with a beer in your hand and not get harrassed.

WINNER.

Hey, I saw Bourbon St Sooner downtown this morning. Just sayin.woot

And as for Chicago...
Well really, I've never even been there (except for the airport). I just don't like any of their sports teams. :O :D

tommieharris91
7/12/2010, 03:29 PM
Thank you. As a Cubs fan, I was offended.

I was too.

Collier, you need to go to Wrigley to watch your cardinals play sometime.

yermom
7/12/2010, 03:58 PM

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o228/jokir420/thats_racist.gif

C&CDean
7/12/2010, 04:24 PM
I'll bet that red x is something groovy.

yermom
7/12/2010, 04:39 PM
heh.

can you see this one?

http://yermom.dreamhosters.com/pics/thats_racist_lol.gif

delhalew
7/12/2010, 04:49 PM
I'll bet that red x is something groovy.

Its pretty funny, but you're right about MLK in any city. Wouldn't hurt to stay from Family Dollar stores as well.

C&CDean
7/12/2010, 04:56 PM
heh.

can you see this one?

http://yermom.dreamhosters.com/pics/thats_racist_lol.gif

That one I can see.

yermom
7/12/2010, 04:59 PM
why would they block photobucket??

C&CDean
7/12/2010, 05:01 PM
Cause it's racist?