PDA

View Full Version : The Coronation of the Most Blessed Virgin Mary

StoopTroup
7/11/2010, 07:27 AM
I know many of us here have our own views both Protestant, Catholic, Morman, Jewish as well as the folks who may believe in a higher power or Buddha or even Allah...

Today I just felt the need to post about one of my own personal beliefs and a person who saw many miracles and suffered as much as any Man has suffered on this Earth other than her Son Jesus. The Life of Mary was one that IMHO deserves our recognition. Many Women have suffered for us Men is bearing our Children into this World but none have suffered as much as our Holy Mother must have suffered while watching her Son die on the Cross for our sins.

The Coronation of the Virgin Mary is not recounted in scripture, nevertheless it is deeply rooted in scripture.

Reading of the following Bible passages to get a glimpse of these roots: Apocalypse 12:1, Canticle of Canticles 6:9, Psalm 44:14-16 and Judith 15:10.

This has been argued by religious Scholars for Centuries now and today I do not attempt to begin another arguement...only to express my own belief and one of the paths that I personally found in Faith and acceptance and to express how important I believe it is to give her and her Son our Lord and Savior thanks.

God Bless each and everyone of you today as you go about your business of Life in this World we have been blessed with and may you not suffer any anxiety or pain today.

After Jesus took Mary, body and soul into heaven, He crowned her Queen of heaven and earth.

By her very relationship as the mother of Jesus, Mary is queen because Jesus is King. Who is a king's mother?

A queen of course. And Mary is the greatest queen ever for she is the mother of the King of Kings and the Prince of Peace, Jesus.

The Angel Gabriel declared this to be true...

"He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the most High; and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of David his father; and he shall reign in the house of Jacob for ever. And of his kingdom there shall be no end." -Luke 1:32-33

Not only is Mary the mother of the King, she is the most highly favored daughter of God the Father and the Spouse of God the Holy Spirit.

She always obeyed God and was humble before Him.

Mary received the promised "never fading crown of glory" because her life so perfectly resembled that of her Son's and because she shared in all His sufferings. -1Peter 5:4

As a reward for her holiness and perfection of virtues, Jesus gave her dominion over the Angels and the Saints as their queen.

Evil spirits fear Mary more than any other human because they never had any power over her for she was conceived in her mother's womb without the blemish of original sin.

Jesus could only enter this world through a spotless woman, one created as Adam and Eve were created, perfect in the eyes of God.

http://www.ourcatholicprayers.com/images/Coronation3.jpg

GKeeper316
7/11/2010, 03:27 PM
i never understood the contempt protestants have for mary.

Leroy Lizard
7/11/2010, 03:36 PM
What are you talking about?

TUSooner
7/12/2010, 11:33 AM
I have no contempt for her.

NormanPride
7/12/2010, 12:03 PM
I have never met a protestant that has contempt for the Virgin Mary.

Ardmore_Sooner
7/12/2010, 01:16 PM
What an idiotic comment. I've never heard of any Protestant having any contempt for Mary. Thanks for posting ST.

C&CDean
7/12/2010, 01:21 PM
i never understood the contempt protestants have for mary.

Oh, and I'm the ignorant, inbred, uneducated dip****.

****ing tool.

sooner_born_1960
7/12/2010, 01:35 PM
Dean is reading straight from his resume.

tommieharris91
7/12/2010, 03:49 PM
Oh, and I'm the ignorant, inbred, uneducated dip****.

****ing tool.

Soon enough, he'll show up at your gate with his katana.

OhU1
7/12/2010, 04:07 PM
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Private Joker, do you believe in the Virgin Mary?

Private Joker: Sir, no Sir.

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Well Private Joker, I don't believe I heard you correctly.

Private Joker: Sir, the private said, "No, Sir," Sir.

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Why you little maggot, you make me want to vomit........You Goddamn communist heathen, you had best sound off that you love the Virgin Mary, or I'm gonna stomp your guts out.

SunnySooner
7/12/2010, 04:51 PM
It's not contempt for Mary, it's that a lot of protestants feel she gets way too much attention when the real focus should be Jesus Christ. We also don't believe she was born without original sin or lived a sinless life. We believe she was a very devout follower of God and was chosen to carry and birth Jesus, because of her devotion and obedience, but that she needed the gift of his salvation just like the rest of us. We also believe she had a normal marriage to Joseph after the birth of Christ and that union produced more children the good old fashioned way. In a way, the Protestants have gone too far the other direction to avoid "Mary worship", when only God, the Son and the Holy Spirit are worthy of true worship, but that has led to a belittlement of her role, which is just as bad as some of the fervent exaltation she gets from some Catholics. Mary was the first "believer". She was the one who had the faith that the child she delivered was in fact the Son of God and that he was sent to eventually serve as a sacrifice for our sin, including hers. She was not perfect, she did not live a sinless life, only Jesus did that, that's why he was the only person who could be the sacrifice, it had to him, he was part of the Trinity, he had to take all the sin of the world on himself on the cross, and his untainted blood had to serve to cleanse it. I think that is the major sticking points protestants and Catholics have regarding Mary. To me, as a protestant, I love that Mary was just an ordinary woman, who through her devout faith and obedience, was used by God to do an extraordinary thing. It means that any of us can be used the same way--we don't have to be "special", we just have to have faith, love, devotion, and selflessness, and God can use us to do miraculous things.

Curly Bill
7/12/2010, 04:51 PM
Soon enough, he'll show up at your gate with his katana.

That's funny. :D

SPEK

Leroy Lizard
7/12/2010, 05:15 PM
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Private Joker, do you believe in the Virgin Mary?

Private Joker: Sir, no Sir.

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Well Private Joker, I don't believe I heard you correctly.

Private Joker: Sir, the private said, "No, Sir," Sir.

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Why you little maggot, you make me want to vomit........You Goddamn communist heathen, you had best sound off that you love the Virgin Mary, or I'm gonna stomp your guts out.

When does he pull out the katana? When does he pull out the katana!?!?!

Leroy Lizard
7/12/2010, 05:20 PM
We don't talk about her much because she offers very little to talk about. She wasn't an apostle, so we can't discuss her writings. And none of her views on Christianity (whatever those may be) are profound.

For example, without Christopher Columbus' mother there would have been no Christopher Columbus. But that doesn't mean we talk about Christopher Columbus' mother much. I hardly consider that contempt.

StoopTroup
7/12/2010, 05:55 PM
I've heard many different thoughts on Mary.

One that sticks in my mind kind of has to do with the viewpoint Leroid has expressed in that Mary was just a vessel to deliver the Baby Jesus into this World and really offers nothing to talk about.

As I remember it told to me...Mary was unmarried. Stating that she was pregnant during that that time and being unmarried would have labeled her a whore and she could have possibly been stoned to DEATH. Knowing this is a possible outcome and being told that you were going to be the vessel for the Messiah wasn't something that you could just tell anyone either. She told Joseph and he basically married her knowing that the child Mary was carrying wasn't his. Not exactly something folks did on a whim during that time. Joseph not only protected Mary...he made the story believable and saw her through what must have been a very hard time. No Hospital...no Inn...just a manger to deliver the Son of Man into this World.

I guess once she brought the Baby Jesus into this World she could have abandoned the Child and her and Joseph could have gone on their marry way as there really wasn't much to talk about....lol...but....that's not what she did. She stayed with her Son and watched as he grew into a man. She watched him perform many miracles and watch him become a man that many left profitable and comfortable lives to follow Jesus and spread the word of the coming of the Messiah and the Church. She watched as he was tortured and watched as he died....of course....the Life of Mary wasn't much to really talk about when you have a Show Stopper that can come back from the dead. Funny though....she was there for that too.

I'm not sure Christopher Columbus's Mother ever made it to the New World. Might make a good story though.