PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa home invaders in custody

Okla-homey
7/10/2010, 09:16 AM
Well, at least two of them. They'll get the rest.

Lesson for crooks? Do NOT rob people of means and influence who live in a nice part of town. Stick to robbing poor folks in the ghetto who won't testify against you even if you're busted. (which is rather a sad commentary on the way things are nowadays)

Lawyer-robbery suspect arrested

Police now say that holdups at the homes of two Tulsa attorneys do appear to be related.

By NICOLE MARSHALL World Staff Writer
Published: 7/10/2010 2:21 AM
Last Modified: 7/10/2010 6:14 AM

Police have arrested a man in connection with the June 20 home-invasion robbery at a Tulsa lawyer's home and said they now believe that the heist is linked to another home-invasion robbery this week.

William Harley Tottress, 23, was charged Thursday with robbery with a firearm, first-degree burglary, possession of a firearm and assault with a dangerous weapon in connection with the robbery and assault at Stephen Rodolf's home near 26th Street and Peoria Avenue.

Three men held Rodolf and two out-of-town guests captive and threatened their lives, Rodolf said. The robbers entered the home through an open garage door and bound two of the victims as they beat the third, he said. The thieves made off with money and 11 of Rodolf's guns.

The men talked of killing the three victims but decided against it and fled in Rodolf's car, he said.

The investigation has led detectives to believe that Tottress and one other man also committed the home-invasion robbery at attorney Rabon Martin's home in the 1400 block of South Carson Avenue on Tuesday night, Sgt. Dave Walker said.

After the charges were filed Thursday, an extensive search by detectives and patrol officers began. Tottress was believed to be heavily armed and a continuing threat, Walker said.

About 10 p.m. Thursday, patrol officers located Tottress' vehicle in a parking lot at The Meadows apartment complex in the 2800 block of South 115th East Avenue.

Officers then saw Tottress get into his vehicle and drive off, police said. They stopped his vehicle in the 2300 block of South Garnett Road and took him into custody.

Inside the vehicle police found one handgun that was taken during the robbery at Rodolf's house, Walker said. An iPod that had Rodolf's name etched on the back also was recovered.

Robbery detectives developed two more suspects in the case, Walker said.

Byron Smith is believed to be the other gunman in the robbery at Rodolf's home, Walker said. Smith has been jailed since July 2 in connection with a home-invasion robbery in the 2200 block of South Phoenix Avenue.

The investigation also led detectives to search an apartment in the Seminole Hills apartment complex in the 1600 block of East Ute Street, where they found five additional guns. One of the guns had been stolen from Martin's residence, Walker said.

The investigation is continuing, and police are trying to locate the other man who was involved in the robberies, he said.

"This investigation shows the level of commitment of all divisions of the Tulsa Police Department in hunting down and arresting violent offenders in Tulsa," Walker said.

Nicole Marshall 581-8459
[email protected] By NICOLE MARSHALL World Staff Writer

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/content/2010/crimesite/article.aspx?subjectid=450&articleid=20100710_11_A15_Police750629

yermom
7/10/2010, 09:18 AM
if you are going to rob a nice house, just case the place :D

i'm thinking as little human interaction as possible makes your chances of getting caught drop a lot

yermom
7/10/2010, 09:20 AM
you know, just wait until they tweet about being on vacation :D

Frozen Sooner
7/10/2010, 09:22 AM
Nobody ever got rich robbing people without money--Robin of Locksley.

NormanPride
7/10/2010, 10:07 AM
Awesome. Props to the boys (and girls) in blue!

Okla-homey
7/10/2010, 10:59 AM
Tottress was charged with shooting three people with intent to kill at a North Tulsa car wash when he was a juvenile. Two were hit in arms and legs, one in the gut. Charges were dismissed when no witness would testify.

Just saying.

badger
7/10/2010, 11:33 AM
Yesterday was awful. Friday morning started with a (suspected) homicide,where a mother who was in bed with her children was apparently shot by her ex-boyfriend, who afterward was reportedly high-tailing it the eff outta state (I think to Louisiana).

Then, this home invasion arrest.

Then, about noon, there was a shooting at a Shell station in midtown... non-fatal, fortunately.

It's like... Friday! Be Friday! Be the weekend! Don't get angry and shoot people - just take a day off from being angry and vengeful! :(

Okla-homey
7/10/2010, 11:46 AM
I think it must be the heat. Brings out the jungle in folks.

badger
7/10/2010, 11:47 AM
I think it must be the heat. Brings out the jungle in folks.

It might have also been the rain. It was storming for so many days here that streets flooded. Friday was sort of the first day in several days that the sun was out.

Leroy Lizard
7/10/2010, 12:12 PM
Yesterday was awful. Friday morning started with a (suspected) homicide,where a mother who was in bed with her children was apparently shot by her ex-boyfriend, who afterward was reportedly high-tailing it the eff outta state (I think to Louisiana).

Homey, any chance you can make some money off this?

King Crimson
7/10/2010, 12:19 PM
probably a misunderstanding. most people who commit horrible crimes are mexicans or lawyer commies. that's why.

MR2-Sooner86
7/10/2010, 12:29 PM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/articleimages/2010/Thumbs/20100710_tottresswilliam_package.jpg

He looks like such a productive member of society :rolleyes:

People like this deserve a hollow point between the eyes. Shouldn't be hard either as that mellon on his shoulders is a nice big target.

bluedogok
7/10/2010, 09:46 PM
After having two break-ins in the last year (the second one was two weeks ago) if I ever catch anyone in the house or they come in while I am here someone is leaving in a body bag, maybe them, maybe me...but someone isn't walking out over the threshold of the door....

I live in your average 70's era middle class neighborhood and there have been a bunch of break-ins during the day when people are gone to work. The ironic thing was we got back from Denver at midnight, later that day it happened but not while we were out of town, we were back at work.

As far as I am concerned people like that deserve whatever happens to them, they make that choice to commit the crime, they in effect give permission to give up their life. Evidently the lawyer didn't have anything close by with guests around when it happened. I'm not making that mistake anymore.

StoopTroup
7/10/2010, 10:27 PM
I believe the Home Owner has forgiven him...I think you folks could go a little easier on him and maybe once he's out you could be his mentor. :D ;)

oumartin
7/10/2010, 10:31 PM
It's all the white mans fault I tell ya.

Leroy Lizard
7/10/2010, 10:42 PM
I believe the Home Owner has forgiven him.

Then the homeowner deserves to get robbed.

Curly Bill
7/10/2010, 10:48 PM
I'd forgive someone for breaking into my home...

...but only after I'd shot their a** dead.

Naw, who am I kidding, I'd still be p*ssed at em.

StoopTroup
7/10/2010, 10:54 PM
I'd only kill them if they got near my OU Tickets or my Autograph Stuff.

MR2-Sooner86
7/10/2010, 11:45 PM
I'd only kill them if they got near my OU Tickets or my Autograph Stuff.

I'd kill them period and I'd enjoy doing it. No need them taking up good air. Yeah, yeah I'm an insensitive, demented ******* who doesn't give a rat's *** about human life. Sue me.

Don't break into my house and **** with my **** and I won't have a problem with you :)

StoopTroup
7/10/2010, 11:49 PM
How many people have you killed?

TheHumanAlphabet
7/11/2010, 12:06 AM
If this happened in Houston, you'd likely have 2 (or multiple) dead perps and a neighbor running down the street after the others to help his neighbor. Surprised the people didn't have a gun out and pop the perps, but then he did have company.

GKeeper316
7/11/2010, 03:06 AM
after my house was broken into about 5 years ago, i bought a gun. then i decided a gun wasnt good enough and went looking around for the most vicious weapon i could find.

i settled on a very high quality katana. if someone ever breaks into my house again, and im there when it happens, im cutting off someones head.

Leroy Lizard
7/11/2010, 04:05 AM
after my house was broken into about 5 years ago, i bought a gun. then i decided a gun wasnt good enough and went looking around for the most vicious weapon i could find.

i settled on a very high quality katana. if someone ever breaks into my house again, and im there when it happens, im cutting off someones head.

File this under "Failed Lessons of WWII."

StoopTroup
7/11/2010, 06:16 AM
I know I've sold a lot of guns to folks over the years but I always wonder about folks. I mean they say they need a gun for protection but I always wonder which one of them would actually pull the trigger. People talk a lot but most folks would say they'd blow a person away if they were in their Home....but I think most folks would pull a gun and try to talk to the invader or apprehend they guy....that's where you get into trouble in my mind. You better make damn sure you're prepared to shoot if you pull one. I tell folks that don't prepare to just buy a shotgun...that way if you panic at the time...you might actually hit something..Plus a shoygun being pointed at you by some nervous home owner is more scary than someone with a 9 mm handgun who's about to pee themselves while they are pointing it at you.

Frozen Sooner
7/11/2010, 08:05 AM

OK, that's pretty damn funny.

MR2-Sooner86
7/11/2010, 10:08 AM
How many people have you killed?

Getting rather personal there aren't we StoopTroup?

StoopTroup
7/11/2010, 11:18 AM
You aren't required to answer. I think it was more of a question we all know the answer to.

MR2-Sooner86
7/11/2010, 12:24 PM
You aren't required to answer. I think it was more of a question we all know the answer to.

You only think you know the answer ;)

KC//CRIMSON
7/11/2010, 12:26 PM

You can file it right next to "Failed Walls of WWII" while you're at it.

StoopTroup
7/11/2010, 12:31 PM
You only think you know the answer ;)

As long as you can live with it...I'm good. :D

badger
7/11/2010, 12:43 PM

for those of you that have had your home invaded, broken into, robbed, stuff stolen without break-ins, what do you think you could have done differently to prevent it?

i'm not trying to justify theft. i'd like your honest opinions in retrospect of anything you all could have done differently if you could go back.

Home security? Noisy dogs? Warning signs posted? Different locks?

MR2-Sooner86
7/11/2010, 12:56 PM
for those of you that have had your home invaded, broken into, robbed, stuff stolen without break-ins, what do you think you could have done differently to prevent it?

Sentry guns

badger
7/11/2010, 01:08 PM
Sentry guns

But what happens when the spy's sappin' my sentry?
http://gaygamer.net/images/spy%20engineer.bmp
:D

MR2-Sooner86
7/11/2010, 01:17 PM
But what happens when the spy's sappin' my sentry?
http://gaygamer.net/images/spy%20engineer.bmp
:D

You're using the wrong guns then.
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/5/5b/Aliens_Sentry.jpg/600px-Aliens_Sentry.jpg

Okla-homey
7/11/2010, 03:07 PM

i'm not trying to justify theft. i'd like your honest opinions in retrospect of anything you all could have done differently if you could go back.

In truth, I think the best any of us can do is remain alert and observant of our environment, keep our doors and windows locked even when we're home, have a security system (both electronic and the four-legged variety) and keep a loaded gun handy on which we're properly trained and practiced. Exterior floods on motion sensors are a good idea too. And prickly bushes/shrubs under your windows are good.
Also, use your drapes to conceal that new big screen and never put the box from an expensive new toy on the street for trash pick-up. And pray it doesn't happen to us.

One thing's for sure, if you think you can call 911 and the cops will swoop in within minutes of a reported home invasion like the cavalry, you are seriously deluded.

Leroy Lizard
7/11/2010, 03:09 PM
You can file it right next to "Failed Walls of WWII" while you're at it.

Heh. You're still on that asinine Failed Wall kick.

MR2-Sooner86
7/11/2010, 03:17 PM
In truth, I think the best any of us can do is remain alert and observant of our environment, keep our doors and windows locked even when we're home, have a security system (both electronic and the four-legged variety) and keep a loaded gun handy on which we're properly trained and practiced. Exterior floods on motion sensors are a good idea too. And prickly bushes/shrubs under your windows are good.
Also, use your drapes to conceal that new big screen and never put the box from an expensive new toy on the street for trash pick-up. And pray it doesn't happen to us.

One thing's for sure, if you think you can call 911 and the cops will swoop in within minutes of a reported home invasion like the cavalry, you are seriously deluded.

You forgot about high voltage electric window seals, door knobs, and fences.

GKeeper316
7/11/2010, 03:23 PM

you know nothing about combat.

GKeeper316
7/11/2010, 03:24 PM

i rigged up a home security system... basically the next guy that tries to kick in one of my doors will get nothing but a broken ankle.

Frozen Sooner
7/11/2010, 03:25 PM

You a ninja or something?

GKeeper316
7/11/2010, 03:27 PM
You a ninja or something?

sort of. i was a united states marine.

Leroy Lizard
7/11/2010, 03:37 PM
sort of. i was a united states marine.

You mean, the ones that use guns, not swords? (Read Guadalcanal by Richard Frank. Swords are for losers.)

Leroy Lizard
7/11/2010, 03:40 PM

I know enough not to bring a sword to a gunfight, which means I know more than you.

MR2-Sooner86
7/11/2010, 03:40 PM
dJOXLryzs8g&feature

GKeeper316
7/11/2010, 03:44 PM
ive read guadalcanal. the swords used by the japanese in ww2 weren't real katanas. they were actually surplus cavalry swords that had ito painted on to look like a katana.

for fighting inside close quarters a hand held edged weapon is equally as deadly as a gun. if the guy breaking into my house has a gun, chances are very good he doesnt know how to use it properly and is now at an even further disadvantage.

when it comes to fightin' there's very few men walking this earth that can take someone like me.

GKeeper316
7/11/2010, 03:45 PM
dJOXLryzs8g&feature

wide open space with at least 50 feet between the two combatants.

does not apply.

delhalew
7/11/2010, 03:52 PM

It is critical to really and truly understand this. The fact that so many people don't want to consider this, is a cause of a great many dangerous gun laws.

Leroy Lizard
7/11/2010, 04:02 PM
ive read guadalcanal. the swords used by the japanese in ww2 weren't real katanas. they were actually surplus cavalry swords that had ito painted on to look like a katana.

Oh, well that's very different!!! I can just see General Tojo now. "We were that close! If only we had used real katanas instead of the cheap Korean knockoffs. I should have known by the subtle misspelling 'catanas.' That's the last time I look for bargains. And I sent away for the matching laser sights over a year ago and they still haven't arrived!"

for fighting inside close quarters a hand held edged weapon is equally as deadly as a gun. if the guy breaking into my house has a gun, chances are very good he doesnt know how to use it properly and is now at an even further disadvantage.

when it comes to fightin' there's very few men walking this earth that can take someone like me.

It's fun to daydream about ninja-like capabilities, but if someone breaks into your house do yourself and your family a favor: Put aside the 12th-century steak knife and pull out the real weapon. Getting shot by an intruder with a sword in one's hand would be one of the most embarrassing ways one can die.

delhalew
7/11/2010, 04:06 PM
Oh, well that's very different!!! I can just see General Tojo now. "We were that close! If only we had used real katanas instead of the cheap Korean knockoffs. I should have known by the subtle misspelling 'catanas.' That's the last time I look for bargains. And I sent away for the matching laser sights over a year ago and they still haven't arrived!"

It's fun to daydream about ninja-like capabilities, but if someone breaks into your house do yourself and your family a favor: Put aside the 12th-century steak knife and pull out the real weapon. Getting shot by an intruder with a sword in one's hand would be one of the most embarrassing ways one can die.

A good shotgun is your bestest friend. OK, swords are fun...but lets be realistic.

GKeeper316
7/11/2010, 04:09 PM
it wasnt the fact that the japanese even had swords that caused them to lose, you ****in idiot. if a japanese soldier was using his sword as a weapon, its because he was out of bullets and trying to take out 1-2 guys before he bit it.

if you had even the slightest clue what you were talking about, i might take you seriously. but you never served... hell probably never even been in a fight.

in short: you = pasty, doughy little *****. me = warrior god.

Leroy Lizard
7/11/2010, 04:14 PM
it wasnt the fact that the japanese even had swords that caused them to lose, you ****in idiot. if a japanese soldier was using his sword as a weapon, its because he was out of bullets and trying to take out 1-2 guys before he bit it.

So the Japanese were smarter than you.

Even Japanese commanders figured out the limitations of the sword, even in close-quarter fighting, which is why they used bayonets.

So, do you put on the ninja garb when defending your home? You must be a real hoot around Halloween.

GKeeper316
7/11/2010, 04:18 PM
So the Japanese were smarter than you.

Even Japanese commanders figured out the limitations of the sword, even in close-quarter fighting, which is why they used bayonets.

So, do you put on the ninja garb when defending your home? You must be a real hoot around Halloween.

a bayonet is just a knife stuck on the end of a rifle to give it sword-like leverage. you really dont have a clue do you?

GKeeper316
7/11/2010, 04:19 PM
tell you what leroy... get your gun. come try to break into my house. we'll see whose left standing.

id be doing sf a favor.

Leroy Lizard
7/11/2010, 04:21 PM
a bayonet is just a knife stuck on the end of a rifle to give it sword-like leverage.

That's not even close.

To a soldier, the sword is like the parsley on the breakfast plate at Denny's. Yeah, it looks nice. But it's mostly for ornamentation.

yermom
7/11/2010, 04:22 PM

if you had even the slightest clue what you were talking about, i might take you seriously. but you never served... hell probably never even been in a fight.

so you'll be using the sword when you are out of bullets? :confused:

Leroy Lizard
7/11/2010, 04:23 PM
tell you what leroy... get your gun. come try to break into my house. we'll see whose left standing.

id be doing sf a favor.

I'm sure as Hell not going to break into a gun owner's house with a ****ing sword. Why not just paint a bullseye on my chest?

GKeeper316
7/11/2010, 04:29 PM
you can bring your gun, ill just be using my archaic and inferior sword... in close quarters in an environment that im very familiar with to the point i can easily move around in total darkness without running into anything.

do you see what i mean now? even if a burglar brings a gun into my house, and all i have within reach is my trusty katana, im still working at a huge advantage over said armed intruder.

GKeeper316
7/11/2010, 04:34 PM
and your entire arguement is completely invalid on the simple basis that you're trying to equate battlefield conditions with a home invasion.

Leroy Lizard
7/11/2010, 04:36 PM
you can bring your gun, ill just be using my archaic and inferior sword... in close quarters in an environment that im very familiar with to the point i can easily move around in total darkness without running into anything.

do you see what i mean now? even if a burglar brings a gun into my house, and all i have within reach is my trusty katana, im still working at a huge advantage over said armed intruder.

Yes, if the intruder has no clue that you're there and you're only two feet away and it's totally dark. But then again, you can kill the guy with a straightedge razor at that point. Hell, you can practically poison him.

It's stupid to rely on a sword for home defense. Shoot him when he's 20 feet away and stay away from the hand-to-hand combat. Take the lesson from Erich Hartmann, Ace of All Aces: Dogfighting is stupid.

yermom
7/11/2010, 04:44 PM
i think i'll stick to my flashlight and gun, and hope he doesn't get close enough that i have to stab him with my knife

bluedogok
7/11/2010, 04:51 PM

We were at work both times, while we were in Denver my car was in the driveway, the following day they were both gone. Our dog passed away 2.5 years ago (the heeler in my avatar and they can be nasty when protecting their territory) and we have been thinking about getting another but were waiting until after the vacation. We have a security system, since we got in so late the night before my wife slept in and left late...she forgot to set the alarm. This time they threw a brick through the kitchen window, I guess to see if it was on. We had a front door with a small window and the alarm panel was in full view of it, red light on, green light off. I had to put a new door in, they split the door when they kicked it in, no window on the new one.

Last year they pushed in a window A/C unit and came in through a bedroom window, haven't had the window unit in since until I build a frame where they can't push it in. They only got my laptop because it was sitting out when they set the motion detector off and just grabbed it.

I am going to add cameras with off-site recording backup since it is evidently a problem in our neighborhood. Guns in a safe while we are gone. I might ride my motorcycle more often to leave the car in the driveway to shake things up and break patterns. We are going to add more sensors to the security system so every room or window is covered.

When we build a new house it will be built differently, since I do commercial architecture it will have more commercial oriented doors/frames and such, what constitutes a door in typical wood frame houses is pathetic security wise. I had reinforced the frame with steel straps after the last break-in, this time the steel faced door split and not the jamb. They do make steel door/frames for residential but they are harder to find and more expensive and most home builders only put money into things that "appear" more expensive and most home buyers only care about the skin and not the bones.

yermom
7/11/2010, 05:14 PM
if you aren't there, there isn't much to keep someone out, unless you live in a vault

at least they waited until your wife was gone to do it...

it's basically random, unless someone had a reason to target you. but if they did, there really isn't much way to stop them if they are willing to break windows and doors.

Okla-homey
7/11/2010, 05:21 PM
Nosey stay-at-home during the work day neighbors are helpful too. If you have one, ask Gladys Kravitz to call you and ask if you are aware there are a couple young men loading your stuff into their van and to call the cops if you say "no."

We gotta lady like that on my block who has all our numbers. She takes walks at odd times too so, who knows? She may just foil some perp's evile plan someday. Or maybe they'll just throw her into their van and put her through a wood-chipper later.

GKeeper316
7/11/2010, 05:36 PM
i think i'll stick to my flashlight and gun, and hope he doesn't get close enough that i have to stab him with my knife

make sure you hold the flashlight out away from your body... if a guy has a gun, hes going to shoot at the light.

bluedogok
7/11/2010, 06:26 PM
if you aren't there, there isn't much to keep someone out, unless you live in a vault
There are ways to make them much more secure without it being a windowless vault, which would not be allowed by code anyway. What constitutes "security" in a typical home is a downright joke, beginning with the front door.

at least they waited until your wife was gone to do it...

it's basically random, unless someone had a reason to target you. but if they did, there really isn't much way to stop them if they are willing to break windows and doors.
I am sure that if her car would have been in the driveway they would have moved onto someplace else, I don't think these people are looking into home invasions with people there. Once I get the garage cleaned out and start parking m Z4 in there it will be harder for them to know if someone is here or not, they might get a surprise they weren't expecting.

With as many as we have had this summer and past in this area (and other much more affluent areas that have been reported on the news recently) it is just random property crime. That has seen the biggest increase in the Austin metro in crime statistics for the past couple of years. These guys left stuff like checks and a credit card pretty much just taking electronics, cash (a plastic bowl full of silver change but left the pennies) and jewelry, the odd thing is they left my new digital SLR but took my old film camera bag. They dumped all my wife's earrings into a pillowcase, which are max $10 specials from places like Claire's and two of my older watches that didn't work.

Nosey stay-at-home during the work day neighbors are helpful too. If you have one, ask Gladys Kravitz to call you and ask if you are aware there are a couple young men loading your stuff into their van and to call the cops if you say "no."

We gotta lady like that on my block who has all our numbers. She takes walks at odd times too so, who knows? She may just foil some perp's evile plan someday. Or maybe they'll just throw her into their van and put her through a wood-chipper later.
We have a couple of them, our next door neighbor (retiree) was in Jamaica, the lady next door to him was gone to the doctor and she caught someone in her backyard the week before and by the time she got to the front door he was jumping into a van that was hitting the house down the street in front of their home (that street dead ends at our street in front of their house). She is an older lady with health problems, so she didn't get a good description, just a partial. The neighbor across from us that fronts the street where the other break-in was the week before was home but he was installing wood flooring so he had much noise going on. I have noticed a patrol car driving through more often lately.

The lady on the other side of us was home last year and heard the alarm go off but by the time she got to the door she didn't see anything. The police "cruised by" and called it a false alarm, I guess all they checked was the front door. We have a stockade fence and a locked gate, they made out through the back yard over the fence behind, we found the tracks but the police never came out again, this time they at least printed our place since there was so much more we know they touched and it was of much higher value crime.

yermom
7/11/2010, 06:40 PM
dude, that sounds like way too much activity in a neighborhood... i guess i like living in a crappy one

i'm hearing more and more about break-ins lately though. not in my neighborhood, but friends around Norman

delhalew
7/11/2010, 06:51 PM
It weird. ****ty neiborhoods always worked out pretty well for me. I guess no one expects you to have **** worth taking.

C&CDean
7/11/2010, 07:09 PM

Warrior god? Are you ****ing kidding me? You are so ****ing lame you don't even capitalize the USMC. If you were a real Marine, you wouldn't be so ****ing lazy/worthless/careless/dickless. Let's see, let me guess....you joined the Marines, got your little dick kicked in the dirt, and quit. How many years you serve? Where? What unit? pfffft. Be at least proud enough to capitalize the ****ing Corps.

You bring your sword over to the house. You'll never cross my threshold. Hell, you'd be lucky to get up the drive. Of course being a marineninja might get you past the cattleguard, but I doubt it.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. At my crib there's not a single locked door. Nor window. Every vehicle I own, from the $85K John Deere, to the Kodiak 4-wheeler has the key in the ignition. The way it oughta be.

Anyhow, carry on.

bluedogok
7/11/2010, 07:41 PM
dude, that sounds like way too much activity in a neighborhood... i guess i like living in a crappy one

i'm hearing more and more about break-ins lately though. not in my neighborhood, but friends around Norman
The ones that make the news are all the 350K+ homes in Circle C (SW Austin, about 6 miles from us) and Cedar Park that have been hit in recent months, which is not all that surprising, I knew areas of Edmond that got hit with regularity when I lived up there. Our area is all 70's era 125-150K homes but it hasn't been immune either, just a "decent" neighborhood but not anything like the more popular areas. In the past couple of years property crimes in Austin has gone up like 300%, violent crimes have gone down.

We still haven't decided where to end up, thinking of Denver or just heading out to the north shore of Lake Travis but right now we are going to get the house fixed up and on the market, maybe we'll be forced into a decision.

Leroy Lizard
7/11/2010, 07:49 PM
Warrior god? Are you ****ing kidding me? You are so ****ing lame you don't even capitalize the USMC. If you were a real Marine, you wouldn't be so ****ing lazy/worthless/careless/dickless. Let's see, let me guess....you joined the Marines, got your little dick kicked in the dirt, and quit. How many years you serve? Where? What unit? pfffft. Be at least proud enough to capitalize the ****ing Corps.

He had a little disagreement with his drill sargeant.

"Sir, I didn't bring my rifle, sir! If the enemy shows up, I'll whack 'em with my stick, sir!"

GKeeper316
7/11/2010, 10:07 PM

You bring your sword over to the house. You'll never cross my threshold. Hell, you'd be lucky to get up the drive. Of course being a marineninja might get you past the cattleguard, but I doubt it.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. At my crib there's not a single locked door. Nor window. Every vehicle I own, from the $85K John Deere, to the Kodiak 4-wheeler has the key in the ignition. The way it oughta be.

Anyhow, carry on.

my sword's only purpose is to decapitate the head of the guy who enters my home without my knowledge while im there. it isnt useful for any other purpose than that.

but that aside... go **** yourself, you inbred excon uneducated white trash hillbilly.

MR2-Sooner86
7/11/2010, 10:11 PM
JERRY!!! JERRY!!! JERRY!!! JERRY!!!

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r236/hornstar20/jerry-springer.jpg

Turd_Ferguson
7/11/2010, 10:13 PM
my sword's only purpose is to decapitate the head of the guy who enters my home without my knowledge while im there. it isnt useful for any other purpose than that.

but that aside... go **** yourself, you inbred excon uneducated white trash hillbilly.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DI'm still try'n to figger out who's troll you are:mad:

Leroy Lizard
7/11/2010, 10:15 PM
my sword's only purpose is to decapitate the head of the guy who enters my home without my knowledge while im there.

If he enters your home without your knowledge... oh, never mind.

GKeeper316
7/11/2010, 10:17 PM
permission... whatever

Curly Bill
7/11/2010, 10:39 PM
GKeeper takes over as the unintentional funniest poster on SF.

Good jorb. :rolleyes:

yermom
7/11/2010, 10:43 PM
dJOXLryzs8g&feature

i just though this needed more exposure :D

tommieharris91
7/11/2010, 11:32 PM
GKeeper takes over as the unintentional funniest poster on SF.

Good jorb. :rolleyes:

Worst internet tough guy ever?

Leroy Lizard
7/11/2010, 11:32 PM
i just though this needed more exposure :D

It doesn't apply. GKeeper would just deflect the bullets with his sword. Ka-pow! Ding! Ka-pow! Ding!

Leroy Lizard
7/11/2010, 11:34 PM
permission... whatever

Oh. I was hoping you possessed one of those smart-swords. You wouldn't even need to get out of bed.

Frozen Sooner
7/11/2010, 11:35 PM
I have one of those smart swords. And as a result, I rarely get out of bed. :D

Curly Bill
7/12/2010, 12:13 AM
Worst internet tough guy ever?

Very possibly. ;)

GKeeper316
7/12/2010, 12:52 AM
He had a little disagreement with his drill sargeant.

"Sir, I didn't bring my rifle, sir! If the enemy shows up, I'll whack 'em with my stick, sir!"

in the marines they're drill instructors. drill sergeants are in the army.

and there's no way in hell a boot would refer to himself in the first person.

unbiasedtruth
7/12/2010, 04:51 AM
I know I've sold a lot of guns to folks over the years but I always wonder about folks. I mean they say they need a gun for protection but I always wonder which one of them would actually pull the trigger. People talk a lot but most folks would say they'd blow a person away if they were in their Home....but I think most folks would pull a gun and try to talk to the invader or apprehend they guy....that's where you get into trouble in my mind. You better make damn sure you're prepared to shoot if you pull one. I tell folks that don't prepare to just buy a shotgun...that way if you panic at the time...you might actually hit something..Plus a shoygun being pointed at you by some nervous home owner is more scary than someone with a 9 mm handgun who's about to pee themselves while they are pointing it at you.

what about those people who just dont ****ing care?? what do you think they will do with a gun after you sell them a one??

C&CDean
7/12/2010, 08:31 AM
And yet he capitalizes "Texas" in his location. hmmmmmm.

Leroy Lizard
7/12/2010, 09:16 AM
in the marines they're drill instructors. drill sergeants are in the army.

and there's no way in hell a boot would refer to himself in the first person.

But you can. You have the katana and you know how to use it. You can do anything you want.

NormanPride
7/12/2010, 09:52 AM
A full sized katana in a house seems really stupid, actually. If you're caught in a hallway you're screwed.

C&CDean
7/12/2010, 09:54 AM
Not when you're the ninjarine.

Frozen Sooner
7/12/2010, 09:57 AM
I'm going to go with an epee. Because how much would that **** up your day to see my fat *** prancing down the hallway in fencing position when all you wanted to do was steal some **** for drug money?

NormanPride
7/12/2010, 10:00 AM
I just hope he doesn't run into this situation:

http://drmcninja.com/wp-content/uploads/rb-gorillamath.png

C&CDean
7/12/2010, 10:03 AM
I'm going to go with an epee. Because how much would that **** up your day to see my fat *** prancing down the hallway in fencing position when all you wanted to do was steal some **** for drug money?

You gonna be nekkid except for one of those groin covers and a little heart sticker on your titty?

That's hott right there.

Frozen Sooner
7/12/2010, 11:46 AM
No except for in that equation. Full-on buff.

JohnnyMack
7/12/2010, 11:52 AM
I don't like either one of you right now.

badger
7/12/2010, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the tips. They reminded me to never forget setting the alarm before leaving for work :)

Our neighborhood has a patrol, but half the time I see it it's an old lady driving around... surely that will scare away the perps :D

We usually leave blinds down during the day. The cat can nudge em with his paws if he really wants to stare longingly out the window because us cruel hoomens won't let him be a free running outdoor kitty

Bourbon St Sooner
7/12/2010, 12:43 PM
I have one of those smart swords. And as a result, I rarely get out of bed. :D

Just 'cause that's what you do all your thinking with, don't make it smart.

Leroy Lizard
7/12/2010, 05:10 PM
I'm surprised no one has one-upped the ninjarine (great nickname) by submitting for consideration the crossbow.

Mongo
7/12/2010, 05:13 PM
I once saw johnnymack filet a male prostitute with a katana over a discrepancy over the bill of service.

Leroy Lizard
7/12/2010, 05:25 PM
In the meantime, GKeeper has started his own training program for the Secret Service.

http://imagecache.allposters.com/images/pic/LIFPOD/5578731~Knife-Fight-Scene-from-West-Side-Story-Posters.jpg