PDA

View Full Version : Nauseated

PLaw
7/9/2010, 04:33 PM
Watching the BSU Fiesta Bowl on ESPNU or Classic - I think I'm going to need more Shiner or Spaten.

BOOMER

zeke
7/9/2010, 04:40 PM
I noticed that it was on...its to early to be drinking so I didnt watch

PLaw
7/9/2010, 05:02 PM
I noticed that it was on...its to early to be drinking so I didnt watch

It's 5 o'clock somewhere - why wait?

badger
7/9/2010, 05:14 PM
Watching the BSU Fiesta Bowl on ESPNU or Classic - I think I'm going to need more Shiner or Spaten.

BOOMER

Hope you were watching circa 2010 and not circa 2007.

(before anyone tries to be smart and correct the years, remember that BCS bowls are in January)

PLaw
7/9/2010, 05:23 PM
Hope you were watching circa 2010 and not circa 2007.

(before anyone tries to be smart and correct the years, remember that BCS bowls are in January)

I'm headed to the fridge, what'll it be: Shiner or Spaten?

EnragedOUfan
7/9/2010, 06:03 PM
Man, Boise State to me was the worse loss out of the last decade. The USC woopin, LSU loss, and even FU loss doesn't compare. I watched OU fight back, tie the game, take the lead almost sealing the victory, only to see an effin, overrated, weak, WAC team accomplish the most prestigious thing they'll ever accomplish in their school history and beat OU in OT. I'll forever hate Boise State........

Herr Scholz
7/9/2010, 06:19 PM
How about WVU?

EnragedOUfan
7/9/2010, 06:35 PM
How about WVU?

Boise State was worse in my opinion. If anything, WVU sucked, but ace woopins are easier to deal with. There is no debate or thoughts that occur in the mind because you got wooped....Your opponent was just better, it sucks, but you move on......In contrast, losing games (especially when you have the lead) at the last second/in OT suck because after the game, you always go back in your mind wondering "what if"......But who am I to talk, I have no idea how the loss felt like for Stoops and the players.......

Salt City Sooner
7/9/2010, 06:39 PM
How about WVU?
WVU was a Pat White thumb injury vs. Pitt from playing tOSU for the crystal ball. We had half of our D out, going up against a style of offense that we hadn't seen before that night. Malcolm Kelly was a gimp on offense, & WVU played a 3-3-5 D, which OU had only faced vs. Tulsa (& let's face it, WVU's players were exponentially better, esp. on D). That was some of the easiest coin I've ever made on an OU game. It was also the most bittersweet.

As for BSU, I've never seen a 7 point favorite getting upset get so much mileage. I love that that team showed the character that they did in winning out after the RRS, but I'm also not too proud to admit that if Colt doesn't get that flukey injury vs. KSU, we're not in Tempe in the first place.

TahoeSOONER
7/9/2010, 06:41 PM
LSU and FU losses are way worse. When you put a championship caliber team up vs. the best you want it more.

I tip my cap to Boise but they beat an average OU team.

I would love to rematch in this years Fiesta.

soonerboy_odanorth
7/9/2010, 06:44 PM
How about WVU?

How about '96?

I mean if you want to play "everyone gets to take a bite out of a dogsh*t sandwich"...

StoopTroup
7/9/2010, 06:47 PM

BOOMER

Did you think it would end differently if you watched it again?

Why folks put themselves through that kind of BS is beyond me. I bet Bob hasn't watched that **** since the last post game review. I might even venture to say he didn't even review it.

PLaw
7/9/2010, 06:53 PM

Why folks put themselves through that kind of BS is beyond me. I bet Bob hasn't watched that **** since the last post game review. I might even venture to say he didn't even review it.

Well, since I was working from home and it was on, I thought it was a good diversion to have on in the background. And, since I was at the game, it was interesting to listen to the talking heads waffle back and forth. And, I always wonder if there might have been a play or two that could have changed the game. And, well, it's time for another Spaten.

Boomer

soonerboy_odanorth
7/9/2010, 07:02 PM
Well, since I was working from home and it was on, I thought it was a good diversion to have on in the background. And, since I was at the game, it was interesting to listen to the talking heads waffle back and forth. And, I always wonder if there might have been a play or two that could have changed the game. And, well, it's time for another Spaten.

Boomer

Tape it.

Just watch overtime every night.

You'll be a raging alcaholic in no time.

I know.... I know.

Jacie
7/9/2010, 08:30 PM

Any of you armchair sociologists got something to say about why football fans will watch a broadcast of a game they know the outcome and it isn't a good one?

ictsooner7
7/9/2010, 08:56 PM
I assumed it was another Tebow thread.

StoopTroup
7/9/2010, 09:24 PM
Any of you armchair sociologists got something to say about why football fans will watch a broadcast of a game they know the outcome and it isn't a good one?

Yes.

SoonerFah
7/10/2010, 09:50 AM
Honestly, I don't know why everyone is so up in arms over this game. Yes it was a classic, but no it was not David vs. Goliath. Boise State had a very good team that year, and they were undefeated. We had an improving offensive line with Paul Thompson at QB. (He was supposed to be a receiver at the beginning of the year) If you go back and look at that team, they were good, but by no means were they up to par with the great OU teams of the 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004 modes.

If any games bother me it's 2003 vs. K-State in Kansas City, 2005 Orange Bowl, and the West Virginia Fiesta Bowl. All teams lose and have letdowns, but we had no business getting throttled by those teams IMO.