PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Demarco

Collier11
7/9/2010, 02:25 AM
Dont like to hear about that ankle still but he seems like a good, classy guy

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/07/07/10/Interview-with-Oklahoma-running-back-DeM/landing.html?blockID=267356&feedID=3742

oudavid1
7/9/2010, 10:04 AM
This was in the spring though so its all good

goingoneight
7/9/2010, 11:26 AM
Ankle injuries loom. They take close to a year to completely heal. If you tape it properly, you can go strong, you just lose speed. That could have been what "slowed" him down last year after he wrenched it against Miami.

BillyBall
7/9/2010, 12:24 PM
He also had turf toe all year, a buddy of mine is an orthopedic that worked the games and said they would shoot him up to the point where he couldn't feel his foot.

BillyBall
7/9/2010, 12:24 PM
And turf toe bleauxs.

gaylordfan1
7/9/2010, 12:36 PM
He also had turf toe all year, a buddy of mine is an orthopedic that worked the games and said they would shoot him up to the point where he couldn't feel his foot.

WOW, that can't be good :eek:

gaylordfan1
7/9/2010, 01:21 PM
Does anyone else other than Murray think that he won't be splitting the snaps with someone else? There is too much talent in that backfield not to take advantage of. I think Calhoun will have a solid year. I even think one of our freshman will make a splash this year.

Collier11
7/9/2010, 01:25 PM
I think if there were 30 a game, he will get 18-20 with the rest being split

gaylordfan1
7/9/2010, 01:27 PM
I guess it all depends on how hard the line makes him work.... I agree with ya though.

KantoSooner
7/9/2010, 01:37 PM
Can Demarco throw? Many of my waking dreams (football type) involve him catching a bubble screen and then throwing the ball downfield to a streaking WR.

oudavid1
7/9/2010, 02:41 PM
Lets not forget we have Jermie Calhoun who i personally want to see more than anyone, he was doing pretty well last year and i thin he will replace DeMarco as a running back (not kick returner) just fine.

goingoneight
7/9/2010, 03:42 PM
I don't think we've seen anything more out of Calhoun yet than we have of Mossis Madu or Jacob Gutierrez for that matter. He looked okay at times last year, but had a case of the butterfingers between the tackles. He's still got plenty of time and better lines to work with, though.

swardboy
7/9/2010, 04:28 PM
I thought Madu was coming on very strong as a back until he got put in the receiving game....his being back in the backfield is the most exciting development for this year imho.

PLaw
7/9/2010, 04:57 PM
I've always liked DM, but now I think I have a man-crush on him.

My prayer for Demarco:

"Rise up on the wings of eagles and run with a reckless abandon. May your bones be like oak and muscles like steel. You can be fearless because you have the fear of the Almighty in your heart. In all things, good and bad, He is with you and he will lead you in the path of victory. Boomer Sooner. Amen."

Boomer

Leroy Lizard
7/9/2010, 05:52 PM
He’s not one of those guys that will yell at you and get you all pumped up like Sam would but he brings a lot of poise and he demands a lot out of Ryan Broyles and the group of receivers.

Twitter headline: "Murray: Landry will not get you all pumped up like Sam would."

huskerland
7/11/2010, 06:46 PM
I always thought DeMarco was a class guy and a great football player! Now. I'm sold when he said it was all "part of Gods plan!" I wish him to totally recover so that football fans all over the country can enjoy his play..

goingoneight
7/12/2010, 12:34 PM
It's all or nothing this year. He's been one of the most exciting players we've had under Stoops, but too many things before have sidelined him. I just hope if he's healthy we don't see him pulled out of games like he was at times last year. There seems to be some debate among fans that he always pulled himself out, but I saw him get pizzed off against Miami, Tejas and OSU when the coaches were signaling him "out." Sad thing was each of those times he was pulled, he was starting to do what would have made the difference, especially against Miami.
We pulled AD a lot for Kejuan Jones, too... so no one can say it's just a DM thing.

MR2-Sooner86
7/13/2010, 09:31 PM
We pulled AD a lot for Kejuan Jones, too... so no one can say it's just a DM thing.

There was a huge difference between AD and Jones though...

IronHorseSooner
7/14/2010, 09:19 AM
I have always been a fan of going with the hot-hand. We have some other quite talented guys behind them, but if he's on a roll, there's no need to take him out. The thUg game was the one I remember the most. He was on a roll on that last drive to take the lead, but for some reason, we stopped going to him.