PDA

View Full Version : Plinker .22

Oldnslo
7/6/2010, 05:45 PM
I was THAT CLOSE to buying a Beretta Neos U22 for target practice. Supposed to be absolutely fool-proof and fire any kind of ammo. Feels just right in my hand, too. Until, that is, the safety is off. It's designed so that the safety dips down into where my tender R hand grips the pistol.

And I really like the way the Sig Mosquito feels in my hand. But it seems to only like semi-expensive ammo, and what's the point in that? So I can shoot paper targets a zillionth of a second faster for $8 for 50 instead of $4 for 50?

I've looked at the S&W 42 and the Browning... whatever the hell it is in that $300 or so price segment. Ruger, too. I don't really dig the Ruger's WWII-ish styling and I understand the full tear-down on that sucker is a bear.

And then it occurred to me that there is NO GREATER DATABASE ON THE INTERNET on this subject than my Hillbilly brethren. Okay, y'all: do I nut up and learn to handle (or file) the Neos, just buy the damn minimags for the Sig, or go some other direction?

ARM THE HEEB!

NormanPride
7/6/2010, 05:49 PM
Buy a nail gun. Take off the safety. Shoot nails everywhere like in Quake.

olevetonahill
7/6/2010, 05:56 PM
Ok , Do you just want something to Plink with a 22 is fine.

Which one did you look at? This http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/beretta/ber_neos_6_bl.jpg

Check out this Carbine kit for it .;)

http://www.berettausa.com/products/u22-neos-carbine-kit/default.aspx

olevetonahill
7/6/2010, 06:01 PM
Heres a site that Peeps have left a kinda feed back on this weapon

http://www.e-gun.net/more.asp?gid=20523&gun=Pistol

Oldnslo
7/6/2010, 06:19 PM
Yes, Vet, that's the one. See where the safety is? But that carbine kit looks suh-weet! That's a Large Vote for a file!

I was hoping you had some "hands on" advice?

olevetonahill
7/6/2010, 06:26 PM
In the Pic it looks like the safety is in Fire position and its up out the way. So Im not understanding the prob, Bro
I have never had one Nor fired one so all I can give are general Opinions..
That site I linked gives ya some insight into what peeps who have purchased it feel about it.

Good Luck

Oldnslo
7/6/2010, 06:44 PM
Fire is down, Vet. That's when it gets you. Otherwise, I'd already own it. In stainless. For $280.

olevetonahill
7/6/2010, 07:37 PM
Bro, Having never held one I aint gonna argue. But every weapon Ive ever fired when the RED Dot is showing that weapon is ready to fire.

Just read a comment on that site I linked you to.
A guy was talking about the Safety digging in when it was ENGAGED, in other words the safety was on. He said He kinda liked it cause it was easy to tell if the Safety was On or off that way

I think you will be happy with it, I did read a few Negs about the SS version .

yermom
7/6/2010, 08:35 PM
Bro, Having never held one I aint gonna argue. But every weapon Ive ever fired when the RED Dot is showing that weapon is ready to fire.

Just read a comment on that site I linked you to.
A guy was talking about the Safety digging in when it was ENGAGED, in other words the safety was on. He said He kinda liked it cause it was easy to tell if the Safety was On or off that way

I think you will be happy with it, I did read a few Negs about the SS version .

seems like a bad idea for a heeb

i like the feel of the Walther P22, if i were to buy another plinker, that's probably what i'd get, but i'm not sure how picky it is

my little Llama is a POS, but it looks cool. it hates the mini-mags and likes the cheap stuff better though, so that's nice

Oldnslo
7/6/2010, 08:55 PM
Nothing like a little Kristallnacht humor!

You're the first person I've heard of who digs the Walther. James Bond and all. They're a full hundy more than pretty much any of the others in the running.

yermom
7/6/2010, 09:05 PM
i was looking at one that was like $399 with a laser sight cursing myself that i had bought my Llama :D

i paid too much for it, but i had never seen one like it, and really haven't since

Curly Bill
7/6/2010, 10:23 PM
http://www.petenelson.com/Photos/Misc/Guns/Ruger%2022-45/Ruger%2022-45.jpg
I bought one of these Friday, and yeah taking it apart and putting it back together the first time was a chore. The second time not too bad.

It does shoot great though.

Oh yeah: on sale at Academy for $275.

sooner ngintunr
7/6/2010, 11:22 PM
nothing beats a Browning.

CB, those rear sights are std for $275? you got a deal. Not to mention, that's a pretty fancy bolt as well...:confused:

Curly Bill
7/6/2010, 11:28 PM
It was an Academy "Hot Deal." The price shown was $299, and I assumed that was the sale price - they told me it was normally $332 or something like that (though the dude seemed pretty lost - just started working there). When I went to the register it came up as $274.99. I paid up and left. :D

C&CDean
7/7/2010, 09:08 AM
It's a .22 right? There's not enough recoil for the safety to hurt your hand anyhow ya big sissy.

Oldnslo
7/7/2010, 09:50 AM
I'm very delicate.

If Fate smiles upon me, I'll be able to go by the store this afternoon. Hopefully, I'll end up being wrong about the firing position and just buy the damn thing.

olevetonahill
7/7/2010, 10:58 AM
I'm very delicate.

If Fate smiles upon me, I'll be able to go by the store this afternoon. Hopefully, I'll end up being wrong about the firing position and just buy the damn thing.

I think you are, But like Ive said Ive never held one .But from every thing Ive read about it that will make you a nice little gun .

The only thing I read Neg about it is that on a few occasions the Mags didnt feed right, And the Stainless ( I spelled it out, Dint want ya geetin skeered,;) )

Might show a little rust over time . .
But all in all I think you will be happy with it.

Oldnslo
7/7/2010, 04:20 PM
Vet, you were right and I was wrong. The safety is comfortably out of the way when the gun is ready to fire.

I can't wait to get it to the range!

Okla-homey
7/7/2010, 04:21 PM
Vet, you were right and I was wrong. The safety is comfortably out of the way when the gun is ready to fire.

I can't wait to get it to the range!

range/schmange. You can shoot that pea-shooter in your garage.;)

Or better yet, patrol mid-town. Did you hear about the latest home incursion late Tuesday? 1400 block of South Carson. perps pistol-whipped the homeowner who was confined to a wheelchair. And I bet you know the victim, an old criminal defense lawyer.

Curly Bill
7/7/2010, 04:37 PM
range/schmange. You can shoot that pea-shooter in your garage.;)

Or better yet, patrol mid-town. Did you hear about the latest home incursion late Tuesday? 1400 block of South Carson. perps pistol-whipped the homeowner who was confined to a wheelchair. And I bet you know the victim, an old criminal defense lawyer.

Oh, well he had it coming then. ;)

Oldnslo
7/7/2010, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I know Rabon. He's a free-thinking dude. Certainly didn't deserve to get pistol whipped by some kid.

When Rabon was on his game, there wasn't anybody better.

StoopTroup
7/7/2010, 09:44 PM
Amateurs. :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_S4vBC-4dYZs/SbP-Ii8_sRI/AAAAAAAAB9w/KiqtNtYjh08/s400/KnuckledusterZipGun-01.jpg

StoopTroup
7/7/2010, 09:48 PM
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3744/indianp.jpg