PDA

View Full Version : Updated roster.

OK2U
7/6/2010, 05:36 PM
OU released an updated roster today.
Hopefuly these changes in weight are the good kind.
*These are just the changes I found most interesing*
(First weight listed is from the March 23rd roster, the second is their most recent weight).

Josh Aladenoye: 343-316

A. Box: 220-232

Cory Brandon: 310-324

Boyles: 178-183

Q. Carter: 193-200

Brandon Crow: 221-242

Tyler Evans: 280-316

J. Flemming: 178-191

Javon Harris-: 196-212

D. Hurste: 165-178

Ibiloye: 208-215

G. Ikard--252-282

Lane Johnson--252-264

Jarvis Jones--297-277

David King: 236-258

Brian Lepak: 275-299

R. Lewis: 234-240

Jonathan Miller: 190-198

D. Murray: 214-207

Marshal Musil: 218-241

J. Nelson: 172-188

S. Proctor:216-208

Ratterree: 225-246

Jake Reed:274-296

Jaz Reynolds: 181-192

Donald Stephenson: 285-309

M Trice: 178-186

NCSooner18
7/6/2010, 05:42 PM
There packing some muscle (hopefully) on some of those boys. Ronnell is bigger.....someone is gonna get hurt.

NormanPride
7/6/2010, 05:46 PM
Jarvis Jones lost 20 lbs? Was he sick?

IronHorseSooner
7/6/2010, 05:57 PM
This is great news! What this says to me is that a lot of guys have been working hard in the offseason, especially the OL. Guys who needed to lose weight, lost weight (Alandoye). Guys who needed to gain weight, did (Brandon, Evans, Ikard, Lepak, Reed, and Stephenson) on the OL. The only guy who lost who needed to gain was Jones.

I am really impressed with the young guys who needed to bigger and stronger who did (Harris, Hurst, Ibiloye, Johnson, King, Lewis, Miller, Musil, Reynolds, and Trice).

However, the veterans lead the way on this. Box, Broyles, QC, Crow, Fleming, Nelson, and Ratterree all needed to get bigger and stronger, and they did it. Guys who needed to lose some weight to get back their speed and flexibility (DM and Proctor), did that as well.

In a separate category, The Hammer at 240 is going to be illegal in most states.

OK2U
7/6/2010, 06:01 PM
I'm happy to see that out Fullbacks each put on 20+Lbs each.
We need some running lanes opened this fall.

IronHorseSooner
7/6/2010, 06:08 PM
I think this means that we might be doing some power running next year. BTW, I never thought that Evans was ever 280. He looked 300+.

IronHorseSooner
7/6/2010, 06:47 PM
As well, it looks like Drew Allen is about the same size as Sam, Jeremy Beal is up about 6-7 pounds, Stills put on about 10-11 pounds of muscle, and Tom Wort put on about 5 pounds. Again, it looks like everybody has been working hard. But, again, I am really impressed by the OL guys. They made the most marked change, which is always good.

IronHorseSooner
7/6/2010, 07:17 PM
OUr starting line-up would go as follows:

QB: Jones- 6'4" 219 (RS SO)
RB: DM- 6'1" 207 (RS SR)
WR: Broyles- 5'11" 183 (RS JR)
WR: D. Miller- 6'4" 221 (JR)
WR: Reynolds- 6'2" 192 (SO)
TE: Ratterree- 6'3" 246 (JR)
LT: Stephenson- 6'6" 309 (RS JR)
LG: Good- 6'6" 299 (JR)
C: Habern- 6'3" 292 (RS SO)
RG: Evans- 6'5" 316 (SO)
RT: Brandon- 6'7" 324 (RS SR)

DE: Beal 6'3" 267 (RS SR)
DT: McFarland 6'2" 293 (SO)
DT: Taylor 6'4" 302 (SR)
DE: Alexander 6'4" 251 (RS JR)
LB: R. Lewis 6'2" 240 (SO)
LB: Wort 6'1" 225 (RS FR)
LB: T. Lewis 6'2" 232 (RS JR)
CB: Nelson 5'11" 188 (SR)
FS: QC 6'1" 200 (SR)
SS: Proctor 6'0" 216 (RS JR)
CB: Hurst 5'9" 178 (SO)

The only guys that I would be concern about size-wise would be Alexander at 251 and Hurst at 178; however, that's really splitting hairs.

owenfieldreams
7/6/2010, 08:39 PM
If your list holds and we don't have any coming out after 2010, we're gonna be really good in 2011.

oudavid1
7/6/2010, 08:44 PM
I like Hurst and im excited to see him play, but it would help if he was a little bit taller, 5-9 vs a 6-3 Malcom Williams of Texas, little scary, but im sure Stoops has it all on the up and up

Stooper
7/6/2010, 09:33 PM
I am really excited to see Wort, after all the praise he got last summer!! I think this could be a great year.

oudavid1
7/6/2010, 10:44 PM
I am really excited to see Wort, after all the praise he got last summer!! I think this could be a great year.

Anyone who is said to have could of started over Ryan Reynolds (after 2 years starting) as a true freshman.......im excited to see. totally agree!!!

soonerboy_odanorth
7/6/2010, 10:46 PM
Are we measuring them naked?... With no shoes?...

Well...

Are we....???

Hmmm... oh yeaaah!!!!

Huh?

Curly Bill
7/6/2010, 10:49 PM
I like that Demarco is down some pounds. Wouldn't bother me to see him even lighter.

OK2U
7/6/2010, 11:34 PM
Forgot to post the links:
New roster:http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/okla-m-footbl-mtt.html
March Roster(PDF):http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/okla/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/20100322_preseason_roster.pdf
I didn't look, but did anyone add some height to their frame?

ouleaf
7/7/2010, 08:33 AM
Would like to see Good tack on a few more pounds over the summer....292 is pretty small for a guard. If he can get up to 310, then I think we are getting somewhere.

Like to see David King up to 260 or so. Also like seeing Musil up to 240...that guy did some serious work to get up to there. Don't understand J. Jones losing 20 pounds? Like that proctor is down a few pounds and Q. Carter is up a few. Hopefully Ratteree can get up to 255 or so by the fall. I think that would be a great goal for him to aim for.

rawlingsHOH
7/7/2010, 08:34 AM
This is great news! What this says to me is that a lot of guys have been working hard in the offseason, especially the OL. Guys who needed to lose weight, lost weight (Alandoye). Guys who needed to gain weight, did (Brandon, Evans, Ikard, Lepak, Reed, and Stephenson) on the OL. The only guy who lost who needed to gain was Jones.

I am really impressed with the young guys who needed to bigger and stronger who did (Harris, Hurst, Ibiloye, Johnson, King, Lewis, Miller, Musil, Reynolds, and Trice).

However, the veterans lead the way on this. Box, Broyles, QC, Crow, Fleming, Nelson, and Ratterree all needed to get bigger and stronger, and they did it. Guys who needed to lose some weight to get back their speed and flexibility (DM and Proctor), did that as well.

In a separate category, The Hammer at 240 is going to be illegal in most states.

you are putting way too much emphasis on this

rawlingsHOH
7/7/2010, 08:35 AM
I'm happy to see that out Fullbacks each put on 20+Lbs each.
We need some running lanes opened this fall.

do lanes get opened by weight, or do lanes get opened by technique, effort, and angle?

i often see the best running teams with the smallest OL. though i'd agree the heavy OLs seem to have a big advantage in pass pro.

rawlingsHOH
7/7/2010, 08:37 AM
I like that Demarco is down some pounds. Wouldn't bother me to see him even lighter.

what was troublesome, was that stoops kept emphasizing that demarco was the same size as adrian.

KantoSooner
7/7/2010, 09:10 AM
Is anyone else raising an eyebrow about some the weight shifts. I know they're growin' boys, liftin' weights and runnin' and all that, but Dayam! 20-30 lbs up or down for some? Doesn't seem likely to me.

gaylordfan1
7/7/2010, 09:12 AM
I'm just happy these kids are working hard. 5 lbs of muscle is a lot! Some are adding double digits to their frame! But, its all for looks if they can't translate it to better performance.

IronHorseSooner
7/7/2010, 09:31 AM
The reason that I put emphasis on the new weights is that it is a good indicator of work ethic and dedication. This was of particular importance to the OL, and they had the biggest changes. As well, if we were looking to run the ball more, my concern was that some of the guys needed to get bigger, or more in-shape with some guys. It looks again that Schmitty has earned his paycheck.

However, they still need to produce. This, however, is a good start.

gaylordfan1
7/7/2010, 09:46 AM
Yea, I've always been a supporter of Schmitty! This guy does his job! I was surprised to see that Nelson keeps getting bigger.... He was a string bean when he got here.

OK2U
7/7/2010, 09:58 AM
you are putting way too much emphasis on this
See my new sig'

OK2U
7/7/2010, 10:01 AM
Yea, I've always been a supporter of Schmitty! This guy does his job! I was surprised to see that Nelson keeps getting bigger.... He was a string bean when he got here.

His head is the shape of a light bulb
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/okla/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/3434721.jpeg

rawlingsHOH
7/7/2010, 11:03 AM
Is anyone else raising an eyebrow about some the weight shifts. I know they're growin' boys, liftin' weights and runnin' and all that, but Dayam! 20-30 lbs up or down for some? Doesn't seem likely to me.

300-pounders add and subtract 20 like it is nothing.

PalmBeachSooner
7/7/2010, 12:48 PM

You should look at it as a percentage of their previous weight. For a guy who is 300 lbs it's not a big deal to gain or lose 20 lbs.

KantoSooner
7/7/2010, 01:23 PM
I can accept that and know that I can throw off 5 lbs+ in a hard gym session; but that's water weight, mostly. When you look at what I assume are controlled weigh-ins, then a 10% or better body weight shift is significant.
I'm not criticizing or calling BS, just expressing surprise. 10%+ body weight shifts are pretty large.

Chiliman
7/7/2010, 05:34 PM
I saw Austin Box this past weekend in Enid. His weight gain was noticeable. Asked him about getting bigger, spring ball, summer workouts and the upcoming season. Needless to say, he is jacked. He said he was finally able to put on some serious muscle gain (10-12 lbs.) because he had elbow surgery. (He has 2 nasty looking 6" scars on his left arm) Therefore, his upper body lifting was not limited, as has been for most of his career until winter workouts in Jan and Feb, 2010. Also, this spring was the first full spring he's been healthy in 2 years.

He said this summer's workouts have been grueling but similar to the past. He said the new spring practice format was tough. Apparently, some 1's and 2's were mixed based on experience and he said they nearly doubled their usual reps in practice. He felt very good about his spring and kinda laughed about the current "depth chart" published by sooner sports. He said the one in the locker room is a little different and is the only one the players and coaches care about.

I know this kid bleeds crimson and cream. He wanted to be a Sooner his whole life. Those who are automatically penciling in Wort @ MLB may be surprised.

oudavid1
7/7/2010, 05:53 PM
I saw Austin Box this past weekend in Enid. His weight gain was noticeable. Asked him about getting bigger, spring ball, summer workouts and the upcoming season. Needless to say, he is jacked. He said he was finally able to put on some serious muscle gain (10-12 lbs.) because he had elbow surgery. (He has 2 nasty looking 6" scars on his left arm) Therefore, his upper body lifting was not limited, as has been for most of his career until winter workouts in Jan and Feb, 2010. Also, this spring was the first full spring he's been healthy in 2 years.

He said this summer's workouts have been grueling but similar to the past. He said the new spring practice format was tough. Apparently, some 1's and 2's were mixed based on experience and he said they nearly doubled their usual reps in practice. He felt very good about his spring and kinda laughed about the current "depth chart" published by sooner sports. He said the one in the locker room is a little different and is the only one the players and coaches care about.

I know this kid bleeds crimson and cream. He wanted to be a Sooner his whole life. Those who are automatically penciling in Wort @ MLB may be surprised.

Great reporting, thanks for sharing. Wish him the best, hope as always best player plays

delhalew
7/7/2010, 06:08 PM
+21lbs for Rattarree...damn!

oudavid1
7/7/2010, 07:15 PM

RattaTREE!!!!!!!!!!! I really hope he beasts off this year

freshchris05
7/7/2010, 07:20 PM
Yeah I saw Trent at the Norman Music festival he looked bigger then...

oudavid1
7/7/2010, 08:12 PM
Yeah I saw Trent at the Norman Music festival he looked bigger then...

You need 1 more post to get to 1000

Eielson
7/7/2010, 09:16 PM
do lanes get opened by weight, or do lanes get opened by technique, effort, and angle?

I doubt that they added weight and their strength stayed the same. It doesn't matter what your "technique, effort, and angle" are if you aren't strong enough to get the guy out of the hole. Weight doesn't take away your technique, anyway.

Eielson
7/7/2010, 09:18 PM
Jarvis Jones lost 20 lbs? Was he sick?

That's what I was wondering. I also wondered why Ikard went from 252 to 282. Do they not want him at TE anymore?

soonerfromgeorgia
7/7/2010, 09:45 PM
Most of these numbers are inflated just like they are in every sport at every school.

pappy
7/7/2010, 10:23 PM
That's what I was wondering. I also wondered why Ikard went from 252 to 282. Do they not want him at TE anymore?

nope he moved to OL C/OG

delhalew
7/7/2010, 11:04 PM
Most of these numbers are inflated just like they are in every sport at every school.

It's the off-season and we need something to talk about...

Okie35
7/7/2010, 11:59 PM

Yea he will be a monster this year.

rawlingsHOH
7/8/2010, 09:01 AM

actually, OU is measuring and weighing the kids now.

not like back in the 90s when they'd just ask you for your height and weight :)

rawlingsHOH
7/8/2010, 09:02 AM
I doubt that they added weight and their strength stayed the same. It doesn't matter what your "technique, effort, and angle" are if you aren't strong enough to get the guy out of the hole. Weight doesn't take away your technique, anyway.

but that wasn't the statement.

Eielson
7/8/2010, 09:27 AM
nope he moved to OL C/OG

That makes sense. I thought it was getting a little crowded at TE.

Eielson
7/8/2010, 09:30 AM
but that wasn't the statement.

You said lanes don't get opened by size. Seeing as strength comes with size, it does. Sure, you need technique, but strength alone is much better than technique alone.

rawlingsHOH
7/8/2010, 09:50 AM
You said lanes don't get opened by size. Seeing as strength comes with size, it does. Sure, you need technique, but strength alone is much better than technique alone.
my point was the best running teams often have the smallest OLs.

BoulderSooner79
7/8/2010, 12:43 PM
We need a thread about SF.com weights. I've dropped 7 lbs since the first of the year and can still sprint for 4.5s without threatening 40 yards.

soonerboy_odanorth
7/9/2010, 12:27 PM
my point was the best running teams often have the smallest OLs.

Your point sucks and isn't at all accurate. (Sorry... ;) :D !)

Bama was average 6-4.5 and 305 accross the front last year. Those poor' lil' acadamicians from Stanford ran 6-5 297 average (with Chase Beeler being the lightweight at center at 283.)

When we were terrorizing college football '85-'87 our line was considered massive averaging about 285 across (with Greg Johnson being what was then a very rare 300 lb.)

When Nebraska was pounding the crap out of everyone mid-90's their lines were huge.

If you qualify the statement that teams employing a running system can be successful with smaller lines if they are very disciplined and have excellent technique, ala' the service academies, then it holds some water. But they (and Paul Johnson at GT) are the rare exception... neither "best" nor "often" nor "smallest".

BTW, in 2003, 2004, and 2008 we were one of the best running teams in the country. We were balanced, but could pound the rock with anyone. Those lines were quite large, if you'll recall. As was USC's... as was Texas... as was LSU... and Florida...

soonerboy_odanorth
7/9/2010, 12:36 PM
Looking at weights... if you though Ratteree's was something, check out Mensik. They have him listed as OL now (not TE) at 6-6 288. But with his TE experience I'm guessing we will see him there in jumbo/goaline/short-yardage formations to knock 'em off the ball.

IronHorseSooner
7/10/2010, 09:07 AM
Looking at weights... if you though Ratteree's was something, check out Mensik. They have him listed as OL now (not TE) at 6-6 288. But with his TE experience I'm guessing we will see him there in jumbo/goaline/short-yardage formations to knock 'em off the ball.

KW views TEs and FBs are pretty much the same; however, he seems to be going with the idea of pure blocking TEs being in that mix. Mensik, Ikard, and Johnson seem to be in that mix. I just can't see them out in the bunch formation with guys like Ratterree, Haywood, Hanna, Musil, Crow, or Millard.