PDA

View Full Version : Silly Pokes (especially T. Boone)

badger
7/6/2010, 10:22 AM
Winning is for Sooners!

Column: OSU's Gundy may be testing Pickens' faith (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20100706_202_B1_BYHISO890455)

A fun read. Suggests that Leach or their new O-coordinator (Dana? His name is Dana?!) is next-in-line if Gundy dares have a rebuilding year this coming season.

Pickens genuinely admires how Leach turned Texas Tech into a consistent winner. That included some victories over Oklahoma and Texas, schools that Gundy has gone a combined 0-10 against in his five seasons at OSU.

Offseason looms, but while it does, just speculate how well OSU will do this coming season without Dez, Zac, Okung, and others. And they thought 0-10-1 was bad :D:D:D:D

yermom
7/6/2010, 10:51 AM
i didn't realize T. Boone could fire Gundy

seems him trying to pull that would be about when you cut ties and say "thanks for the $250MM" or whatever it's down to now

i'm no Gundy fan, but it seems he's doing a pretty good job for Stoolwater. i don't see a lot of people knocking down the door to coach there, and if they do they likely wouldn't stay long if prior history is any indication

badger
7/6/2010, 11:06 AM
Gundy... doing a good job???

I think much like A&M ousted :rcmad: for never beating Texas, it wouldn't be out of the question for OSU to fire [hairGel] not beating OU or Texas... ever. As a head coach. Even :les: beat OU. Not [hairGel].

I really, really think OSU will prove all doubters right this coming season. They continue to have first-round talent but very little to show for it in the trophy case. No Big 12 trophies, no BCS berths, no meaningful bowl wins (Cotton and Holiday are meaningful - Insight and Shreveport are not) under the current head coach.

Blame the NCAA for ousting Dez. Blame injuries for Zac going down. Boone won't hear it. He's an old man and an old billionaire man at that. He doesn't have time to sit around for a decade before OSU gets another shot at what was supposed to happen last year.

Eielson
7/6/2010, 11:32 AM
i didn't realize T. Boone could fire Gundy

Pickens can do whatever he wants. He's the boss.

goingoneight
7/6/2010, 11:34 AM
[hairGel] has done a good job at OSU. Problem is that after 100 years of being little brother, it's not going to magically change, what with two of the top coaches in the country in your division. Their "rivals" are deep in tradition, they are rounding a solid corner to Tech-like status from an almost Bayloresque status. Put OSU in a league with TCU, Utah and Boise State for a moment. They're probably as good or better than those three. Teams you certainly don't look past, but have no reason to envy them. I'll be Boise could get us again to make it twice every ten years or so. Just like with us versus Tech in Lubbock in the last three trips... gives the Pokes enough breaks and all of a sudden your reputation is that you can't win there.

To say Boone's donations haven't made a difference is silly. Money always does. But someone orchestrated OSU out of the cellar. It's funny to us to see their unrealistic dreams shattered, but does anyone here automatically mark OSU down as a W each November anymore like we might, say a Baylor or ISU? Gundy might or might not be the guy to take them to the next step they're selling their souls for, but he's built the foundation so far.

KantoSooner
7/6/2010, 11:45 AM
You are right, gundy has done a workmanlike job. Frankly, I don't get the OSU hate that some have. I mostly want them to win all but one or two games a year. (guess which ones).
But putting pressure on them this year is insane. They lost too much from last year.

goingoneight
7/6/2010, 11:54 AM
I don't much care for them anymore. The nagging, little-brother fans have soured me on cheering for "all state schools." For instance, the OP signatures "OSU = 9 wins, 2nd place in B12 South vs. UO 8 wins and a 3rd place finish in the South!"
The post BCS babbling, the color orange... "16-13!!!" and all of that got annoying. NTM their fans who were supposedly "so much classier" than us giving sports fans in general a bad name after the 2002 Bed-Lame game.

That said, I don't like UT, either... But I can admit when someone's doing a good job there.

OUMallen
7/6/2010, 12:19 PM
OSU's improvement in recruiting alone should make the powers-that-be somewhat happy, I would think.

badger
7/6/2010, 12:20 PM
I don't hate OSU... I am just kind of observing them with amusement like the elementary school classroom gerbil that was running on its little wheel between munching on paper.

I think OSU does a good job finding talent in the nooks and crannies that Texas, A&M, Tech, Baylor and OU miss or just don't recruit hard enough, leading to their first-round picks like Okung and Dez.

I think OSU does a lousy job of coaching. The fact that it took a lousy half of football to decide that they should have gone with Weeden looked like Gundy refusing to admit that he was making a mistake going with the other Zac backup.

I think OSU also does a lousy job of conditioning, based on the limited time I've watched them. Their second half performances are much worse than first half (with the Weeden exception, of course) usually, even as teams call off the dogs and put in walk-ons and backups.

As for nagging little brother fans, it's just funny to watch and listen to.

So... unless Gundy can get another winning season when he's in a rebuilding year somehow, he's either got a lot of learning to do (despite his "man" claims, his age of 42 going on 43 puts him on the younger side of the Big 12 coaching spectrum, I think) or he's incompetent ... will T. Boone wait around for him to learn? Hmm....

Pricetag
7/6/2010, 12:42 PM
They are so going to cheat. Pickens is going to try to make his wishes happen himself.

picasso
7/6/2010, 12:49 PM
I have to give Gundy credit for kicking off some of the bums they've had there. I also really thought he'd a bit cocky as a coach but he's been the complete opposite.

Of course Boone can fire coaches. He's the one pulling Holder's strings.

OSUAggie
7/6/2010, 01:15 PM
Basement is 8 wins this year.

Should win 4 in the non-con (Troy, ULALA, Tulsa, Wazzu)

Baylor and Kansas are on the schedule.

Should be able to beat at least one of A&M or Nebraska at home (should beat both, but whatever).

Then win 1 out of @ Tech, @ K-State, OU, or @ Texas.

I'm going with Manhattan.

Honestly, we should win 9. No reason to lose to A&M or Nebraska at home. I don't buy one damn bit of this Nebraska nonsense. But 8 is the basement.

Only void I'm concerned about filling is Okung. But our next terrible line under Wickline will be our first, so not that worried.

badger
7/6/2010, 01:24 PM

:D this is like lou holtz saying that notre dame was gonna win 10 wins without question the season after they started 0-8. I love it!

You will win your first four on the non-conference schedule. Please do not give OU fans too much crap if we don't do the same. We'll be giving ourselves enough crap as it is if we don't make it through the season undefeated, let alone the non-conference season.

Of Baylor and Kansas, your better shot is KU. I have no idea what to expect out of Turner Gill. If Robert Griffin stays healthy, go ahead and pencil in a "L" just to be safe.

A&M is a lot better than they were last year and might actually raise a big stink in the Big 12 South this year. Even though Stoops likes to kill them on the scoreboard (man, they must have done something to REALLY tick Stoops off - he doesn't run of the score on anyone except the Aggies!) I don't think we'll be able to score half a hundred on em this year. As for Nebbish, please beat them... even if I don't have the confidence you guys do in the OSU team this coming season, plan to win and nothing else. Every Big 12 team needs to crush every Big 12 defector.

Gundy can't beat OU or UT, so you can cross those two off indefinitely till you have a new coach, hehe. I don't know what to think of Tubby quite yet, so that might be your one win. As for Snyder, if you are halfway decent by the time that pops up on your schedule, Snyder will probably get you.

You will be lucky to get eight. Sorry. :stunned:

Eielson
7/6/2010, 01:51 PM
Eight wins is closer to the ceiling than it is the basement.

soonerboy_odanorth
7/6/2010, 03:00 PM
Eight wins is closer to the ceiling than it is the basement.

Exactly.

"Honestly", the silly Aglets don't understand the whole 7 returning starters thing. (8 if you count Orie Lemon, 4 each side of the ball.)

Really OSUAggie, returning 1 starting O lineman, and 1 starting D lineman, coming off one of the best years in the history of your program (a 9 win season), rebuilding your entire offensive and defensive lines..... This translates to only 1 more loss than you had last year?

Weeden was pretty good in back-up duty for Robinson. You sure that is going to translate to every single game this next year, especially when his tendencies start showing? Two of your offensive returning starters are receivers. What about them tells you they are difference makers? They certainly aren't a Dez Bryant, or even a Fuller or Broyles. Hunter couldn't stay healthy behind a talented veteran line. Now he's running behind n00bs. How much do you really think his production is going to increase... especially with a new offense that is pass first, rather than balanced. And on that note, someone has to explain to me how Holgorsen and the Tech pass-happy offense is some sort of panacea without the defense to go with it. Leach routinely produced 7-8-9 wins a year, not 9-10-11.

Most of the same criticisms could be levied against your defense. 1 returning starter on the line, 2 lb's (again depending on Lemon's health), and 1 db. And in only the second year of a Bill Young defense. Note I said Bill Young, not Rex Ryan. Bill Young has never fielded a defense that was any better than just "good"...never "really good", or "great". With as little as you have coming back you'll struggle to be average on D this year.

This is not a strong formula for success, even with a weak schedule. And you are very fortunate that NU and aTm are coming to your place. You aren't giving due credit. They are far more veteran and talented this year.

Even with the weak sched your season has 6-6 written all over it.

If Gundy gets you guys above .500 this year he will have done a very good job. I caution you not to bet the sheep farm on it, though.

NormanPride
7/6/2010, 03:08 PM
Agreed. Tulsa is no gimme for anyone, and there is no way in hell OSU bests Nebraska.

texaspokieokie
7/6/2010, 03:15 PM
Badger;

you think Stoops only runs up score on Aggies ??

what about 5 games in a row over 60 pts; in 08 ???

i think he'd run up score every game if it were possible.

badger
7/6/2010, 03:26 PM
Badger;

Fair question. That late into the season it became paramount to sway voters to get back into the BCS discussion, making the excessive points necessary.

The first two games this wasn't as necessary - Nebraska was just a lot of bad defense on their part (we had like four touchdowns in the first five seconds of the game or so). The second 60-point facial was against none other than Texas A&M.

The third was the game that would determine if we would contend for the BCS or even the Big 12, against Texas Tech, which had just defeated Texas. We needed to have an unquesitonably strong showing against Tech for championship game consideration, both Big 12 and BCS. We did.

The next game was also important for BCS and Big 12 consideration, but the 60 points were also necessary to beat you Pokes - you scored 41 on us! We only won by 20. It was still close very late in the game.

As for the Big 12 championship game against Mizzou, the 60-point blowout was a lot less necessary since it was pretty much a given that we'd go to the title game with a win, but really, do you expect us to take our chances when a BCS championship berth is in question?

So yeah, five-straight 60-point showings might sound bad on paper unless you see exactly why we did it. We had to. The pollsters demanded it.

texaspokieokie
7/6/2010, 03:35 PM
i'm an OU season ticket holder, since 1989.

all those games were necessary to run up 60+ points but last year OU did it to the Aggies,just because Stoops doesn't like them

did he like them in 07 when OU won by 1 point ??

texaspokieokie
7/6/2010, 03:38 PM
i love it when OU runs up 60+ points.

there were 5 games in 09 when 60+ would've been nice.

don't forget the game before the 5 60 pt games,Stoops really wanted points for the BCS. 55 pts in 1st half & 3 points in 2nd half.

picasso
7/6/2010, 03:38 PM
Badger;

Do you ever watch any sports?

texaspokieokie
7/6/2010, 03:40 PM
Picasso,

yes

badger
7/6/2010, 04:13 PM
i'm an OU season ticket holder, since 1989.

all those games were necessary to run up 60+ points but last year OU did it to the Aggies,just because Stoops doesn't like them

did he like them in 07 when OU won by 1 point ??

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/120/290293900_78e433f1df.jpg

lol... the game that the 12th man lost (not because they weren't squeezing hard enough or whooping loud enough or humping too little, but because there were 12 men on defense!)

It is too coincidental that in years where we're dominant that the Aggies usually get beat up the worst by us. I don't think 2007 was one of our stronger years, and I think that was one of A&M's better years also. Most A&M fans would likely agree, as they beat Texas that year :rolleyes:

texaspokieokie
7/6/2010, 04:40 PM
i totally agree.

they beat texas twice in a row, as did KSU. i loved them both for it.

Fraggle145
7/6/2010, 06:02 PM
We only won by 20.

:D

MichiganSooner
7/6/2010, 07:11 PM
TexasPoke-Yes, Stoops "ran up the score" in 5 games in a row of over 60 points. And 3 of those teams were ranked in the Top 10 when we played them.
Are you putting some of the blame onto their shoulders?

AlbqSooner
7/6/2010, 07:39 PM
When people got all over Billy Tubbs for "running up the score" he replied:

"You are asking me to hold down the score? That's illegal. It's called point shaving."

In another instance he said if you don't like us beating you so badly, get better.:D

Crimsontothecore
7/6/2010, 08:09 PM
TBone can be as Impatient as he wants but the fact is, you can't buy tradition and success. Their so called "renovation" of that pathetic stadium won't win more games any more than buying a nicer car will make a person a better driver.

When I read Sittlers article this morning in the Tulsa World, the first thing I thought was how an article like that doesn't make recruiting any easier for 'ol spikey head.

CincySooner
7/7/2010, 07:53 AM
Badger;

There was a lot less "running-up-the-score" in 08 than most would care to admit.

There were no points scored in the 4th quarter of the nebraska or atm games. The Tech game featured a goal-line series where OUs 3rd-string RB took consecutive dives into the middle of the line to avoid going over 70 points. The OSU game was a 3-freaking-point-game late in the 4th quarter for goodness sakes.

I think the only smoking gun for running up the score that year was the Missouri game. OU had already been chosen as the BigXII South champion, and the only way Texas was going to jump them was if they lost or won ugly.

texaspokieokie
7/7/2010, 08:02 AM
Cincy;
i agree,but i enjoy seeing them score as many points as possible.

i like what Bobby Bowden saidsome time ago,when opposing coach was
whining about running up points,
(to paraphrase) Coach, it's not my job to keep my guys from scoring, that's
your job.

i loved the tejas games when OU got over 60 pts.

really good game was 77-0 against aggies. if i remember correctly, OU didn't score in 4th quarter.

badger
7/7/2010, 09:06 AM
really good game was 77-0 against aggies. if i remember correctly, OU didn't score in 4th quarter.

Many Aggie fans will never forgive us for that, or Stoops. Any of them that watched the game (and like our own "never mention that game" game, a lot turned it off or left the game after awhile) know that Stoops wasn't running up the score, but as time passes, just seeing 77-0 looks pretty bad.

But, since we all watched the game, I remember A&M continually going for it on fourth down on their own goalline, only to give us the ball back within a few yards of scoring. So, we take a knee at the beginning of the fourth quarter. When they finally decide to punt, Stoops is wildly waving his arm at the guy back deep to receive... continuously. I mean, Stoops would not stop. I would have been irritated if I was the return man. It'd be like - i KNOW coach - do NOT return the ball, I GET it!

I heard Fran Fran cried after that game. The next year at College Station, they were actually up two touchdowns on us at one point - both off fakes (punt and FG). Alas, we crush little Aggie hearts again and pull off a victory. A&M hasn't beaten us since :rcmad: was fired :D

texaspokieokie
7/7/2010, 10:34 AM
JMHO

aggies never would've been that bad if they hadn't fired slocum.

badger
7/7/2010, 10:52 AM
JMHO

aggies never would've been that bad if they hadn't fired slocum.

Ja, I think everyone, including A&M fans, agree to that... but they wanted to beat Texas so badly that they gave up beating OU in exchange for beating Texas. Then, they decided that they didn't want a coach who could beat Texas, but also revealed team secrets in e-mails. So now, they have a coach that can't beat Texas or OU :D

:rcmad:

goingoneight
7/7/2010, 11:01 AM
And that friends, is why mama always said "aggy is as aggy does."

freshchris05
7/7/2010, 12:08 PM
Running up the score is almost as bad as not capitalizing on opportunities. You don't take the batteries out of your smoke detector, you don't put your pitbull in a sweater, and you don't hold back for anyone... you can learn alot of things through an *** kicking

freshchris05
7/7/2010, 12:10 PM
and you don't feed your mogwai after midnight
http://downwithanime.com/images/gremlin.jpg

cheezyq
7/7/2010, 04:01 PM
[hairGel] has done a good job at OSU. Problem is that after 100 years of being little brother, it's not going to magically change, what with two of the top coaches in the country in your division. Their "rivals" are deep in tradition, they are rounding a solid corner to Tech-like status from an almost Bayloresque status. Put OSU in a league with TCU, Utah and Boise State for a moment. They're probably as good or better than those three. Teams you certainly don't look past, but have no reason to envy them. I'll be Boise could get us again to make it twice every ten years or so. Just like with us versus Tech in Lubbock in the last three trips... gives the Pokes enough breaks and all of a sudden your reputation is that you can't win there.

To say Boone's donations haven't made a difference is silly. Money always does. But someone orchestrated OSU out of the cellar. It's funny to us to see their unrealistic dreams shattered, but does anyone here automatically mark OSU down as a W each November anymore like we might, say a Baylor or ISU? Gundy might or might not be the guy to take them to the next step they're selling their souls for, but he's built the foundation so far.

Well said, especially in bold. The problem isn't that they're underachieving, it's their expectations. It's not like they're Boise State or Utah, or even Cincinnati or Rutgers, where they sit in a mediocre conference and compete against average teams for recruits and wins. The Big 12 contains 3 all-time elite football programs. Two of them are in OSU's own division, and OU and Texas are competing at a high level, even considering their lengthy storied history.

I said this 2 years ago - had they spent all this money 15-20 years ago, they might have come out of the 90s with something to brag about, like KSU did for a short time. But ultimately, the handwriting is on the wall when it comes to competing in a conference against the college elite like OU/UT/Nebraska/Alabama/USC/tOSU/Michigan...etc. Those elite teams won't go away forever. You just have to temper expectations and take advantage of the brief times when they struggle.

Big Red Ron
7/8/2010, 10:06 AM

Should be able to beat at least one of A&M or Nebraska at home (should beat both, but whatever).

. Are you on dope? I'll bet a plug nickle you lose to Tulsa and or Wazzu. Baylor actually has a QB and a better defense than aggie. aTm is the key to your season and they have arguably the best QB in the conference. Neb. will light you up. You will lose at Tech, @ K state, OU (lol) and Texass.

If you win 4 or 5 games you'll be lucky.

badger
7/8/2010, 10:40 AM
If you win 4 or 5 games you'll be lucky.

If they win 4 or 5 games, Gundy won't get fired.

Because one of the wins will be against Texas or OU.

And then, all will be forgiven for having a losing season.

Tis the way of the Poke ;)

Position Limit
7/8/2010, 11:45 AM

I'm going with Manhattan.

Honestly, we should win 9. No reason to lose to A&M or Nebraska at home. I don't buy one damn bit of this Nebraska nonsense. But 8 is the basement.

Only void I'm concerned about filling is Okung. But our next terrible line under Wickline will be our first, so not that worried.

where do you come up with this stuff? you will take a beat down by both a&m and especially nebraska. also, since when is stillwater a tough road game for big 12 teams? that place is so far down the big 12 list for homefield advantage. also, you wont beat tech, ou, or texas. you will lose to k-state and tulsa will give you all you can handle. last year was osu's chance to do anything and as usual you guys gagged. your only good win was against a hapless georgia team. you will get 6 wins and squeek into some garbage bowl and lose.

Big Red Ron
7/8/2010, 01:09 PM
If they win 4 or 5 games, Gundy won't get fired.

Because one of the wins will be against Texas or OU.

And then, all will be forgiven for having a losing season.

Tis the way of the Poke ;)What are you smokin'?

There is zero chance that rag tag team will have a win over OU or ut!

Crimsontothecore
7/8/2010, 02:02 PM
where do you come up with this stuff? you will take a beat down by both a&m and especially nebraska. also, since when is stillwater a tough road game for big 12 teams? that place is so far down the big 12 list for homefield advantage. also, you wont beat tech, ou, or texas. you will lose to k-state and tulsa will give you all you can handle. last year was osu's chance to do anything and as usual you guys gagged. your only good win was against a hapless georgia team. you will get 6 wins and squeek into some garbage bowl and lose.

I disagree. Tbones money turned that place into a vipers pit. Heck, I remember us winning by only 20 points just two years ago;)

badger
7/8/2010, 02:03 PM
What are you smokin'?

Winkie, Ron. I had a winkie at the end of that post.

I think OSU hits 4-0 in their non-conference, then pulls a KU-of-last-season and gets clobbered by their conference schedule.

I hope OSU fans don't get too uppity if they are 4-0 and we aren't after our tough non-conference season. Pride commeth before the fall, even for a :les:team on the rise! [hairGel]

soonerboy_odanorth
7/9/2010, 12:11 PM
Year of the Cowboy? Anyone?

badger
7/9/2010, 12:44 PM
Year of the Cowboy? Anyone?

Last year. After all, it's the year they beat the fairweather fan cheatin' gooners.

Did they beat us on the field? No. Did they beat us in any quarter? No. Did they beat us in stats? No, no, no.

They had a 9-win season, whereas we had an 8-win season.

:les: Pistols firin! [hairGel]

Leroy Lizard
7/9/2010, 01:08 PM
Winning is for Sooners!

Column: OSU's Gundy may be testing Pickens' faith (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20100706_202_B1_BYHISO890455)

A fun read. Suggests that Leach or their new O-coordinator (Dana? His name is Dana?!) is next-in-line if Gundy dares have a rebuilding year this coming season.

Offseason looms, but while it does, just speculate how well OSU will do this coming season without Dez, Zac, Okung, and others. And they thought 0-10-1 was bad :D:D:D:D

That article has zero substance.

NMSooner'80
7/9/2010, 01:11 PM
A couple of days ago, Jenni Carlson had a commentary on the DOK's site about how disrespected the '10 Pokes had been in various preseason magazines. I guess she got the memo that they're supposed to build them up whenever the mean-ol' non-Oklahoma media dares to make an honest (and low) prediction for them.

badger
7/9/2010, 01:59 PM
A couple of days ago, Jenni Carlson had a commentary on the DOK's site about how disrespected the '10 Pokes had been in various preseason magazines. I guess she got the memo that they're supposed to build them up whenever the mean-ol' non-Oklahoma media dares to make an honest (and low) prediction for them.

OSU had two-straight SI covers last season. How dare SI not feature them again ;)

Jello Biafra
7/9/2010, 02:21 PM

YOU

ARE

HIGH

you look at that schedule....now tell me ANYONE outside of stoolwater believes deep down that they could get a second mortgage to bet on LsouR winning more than 5 games....if you think experienced depth is not a factor....i need to call you later. i need some serious remodeling done to my house and you may be the ticket im looking for.

TexasLidig8r
7/9/2010, 02:55 PM
Let's see here....

09/04/10 vs. Washington State

Cowbobs pull off a rousing victory over an outmanned, outgunned Pac 12 High School Team... Guns UP!!!

09/11/10 vs. Troy

The Condoms go down!!! The Condoms go down! Well.. the mini-Condoms anyway. HOO-AH... Pokies now 2 - 0.

09/18/10 vs. Tulsa

Even the praying mantis hands of Oralsecks Roberts can't bring the Golden Hurricane a victory here... G. J. Kinne has a good game but alas and alack..... POKIES 3 - 0 and feeling their oats!!!!

09/30/10 vs. Texas A&M

In a game that brings all sheep lovin men to their knees... aggy pokes a hole in okieaggy band wagon. Pokies despondent over an agonizing defeat to fake army. Crap.. no national ranking for Pokies!

10/08/10 at Louisiana-Lafayette

They're back! They crush the Cajuns!! Why aren't we ranked! We're good.. REALLLY good!!! 4 - 1. BCS.. here we come!!!

10/16/10 at Texas Tech

Touchdown sand aggy... Touchdown sand aggy.. Touchdown sand aggy.. rinse repeat.. often. Well.. 4 -2 is ok. We can still accomplish our goals!

10/23/10 vs. Nebraska

Bo Pellini sees another orange team after losing the week before to Texas on a field goal with one second left in the game and the top of his head blows off ! His brother/DC leaves the cheerleaders alone long enough to orchestrate a defensive gem. Poor Pokies have negative offensive yards.

10/30/10 at Kansas State

I can haz win over K-State? lolz... Bill Snyder puts in his teeth long enough to gum out another win over Pokies... CRAP!! We're 4 - 4 now!

11/06/10 vs. Baylor

Griffin3 runs for 200 and passes for 250... but.. Pokie throws a pass which bounces off a Baylor DB's helmet.. and a Pokie runs it in for the game winning touchdown with 2 seconds left... HOO AH.. we're bowl bound babbeee!!!!

11/13/10 at Texas

Welcome to Austin. Welcome to another loss. Mack never loses to Pokie. Pokie gets crushed. Pokie gets hurt. Pokie not happy.

11/20/10 at Kansas

It snows the whole game. Both teams have a combined 65 yards of offense. While the Good Year blimp passes overhead, KU's defense pauses just long enough to look up and ask, "Coach Mangino?" Pokie scores surprise late TD to win! YES!!! Bowl bound!!!!

11/27/10 vs. Oklahoma

Stoopsie refuses the request for a running clock in the 4th quarter. It's ugly... real ugly.. as in ... the shaved hair off yo mama's back ugly. Wipe the smell off of it. Pokies lose.

Sun rises in the east.. set in the west.

badger
7/9/2010, 03:17 PM
Lid, don't get too cocky. With the exception of last year's embarrassment at T Boner Stadium, Pokette has played you guys close up till the fourth quarter recently, much like they play us close when they're at their home turf.

If [hairGel] needs a win over one of us to save his job, it'll probably be you guys first.

TexasLidig8r
7/9/2010, 03:25 PM
If [hairGel] needs a win over one of us to save his job, it'll probably be you guys first.

Dont know about that Badj...

With Okie Lite, they're just the less cute, less cuddly version of Baylor. They've beaten Texas exactly once since the start of the Big 12 and overall, their record against us is a shocking 2 - 22. They don't hate us with the burning, fiery hatred of Captain Ahab. They expect to lose to us... and do it admirably.

As for you guys.... it's more like...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XF9s1BpI4I8/RYnzRhoV8rI/AAAAAAAAABw/9IeAWSMJmLw/s400/ahab.jpg

FROM HELL'S HEART.. I STAB AT THEE!!!

FOR HATE'S SAKE.. I SPIT MY LAST BREATH AT THEE!!!!

soonerboy_odanorth
7/9/2010, 06:52 PM
Let's see here....

10/30/10 at Kansas State

I can haz win over K-State? lolz... Bill Snyder puts in his teeth long enough to gum out another win over Pokies... CRAP!! We're 4 - 4 now!

*snicker*

*heh*

*he-he*

*BWAHAHAHAHHHAHHAAAHAAA!*

reevie
7/9/2010, 08:02 PM
Spike went 82-67-1 in 13 years at Tech. Average season was 6-5.
Leach went 84-43 in 10 years at Tech. Average season was 8-4.

Gundy is 36-27 in 5 years at OSU. Average season is 7-5.

So they want to replace a 7-5 guy for an 8-4 guy? This is a reason why OSU will never win, their goal is mediocracy. Why shoot for the stars when you aim for the west texas desert?

Eielson
7/9/2010, 08:03 PM

So they want to replace a 7-5 guy for an 8-4 guy? This is a reason why OSU will never win, their goal is mediocracy. Why shoot for the stars when you aim for the west texas desert?

Gundy has 4 wins a year handed him with their joke of a non-conference schedule.

reevie
7/9/2010, 08:11 PM
Gundy has 4 wins a year handed him with their joke of a non-conference schedule.

Nearly everyone has a joke of a non-conference schedule. If OSU isn't smart enough to put 4 wins on their schedule, shame on them. Their problem is losing games at Troy instead of winning them.

stoopified
7/9/2010, 09:30 PM
Gundy has 36 wins in 5 years(7.2 a year) and I think T.Boone State will proably reach the Gundy line(7 wins) this season.It helps to play a Gumby soft non-con slate.

Jason White's Third Knee
7/13/2010, 08:54 AM
That is ridiculous. Gundy has kept that program in the national spotlight since he has been HC. They are always competitive. They are always talked about for their offensive prowess. Plus Gundy is a man. I'll bet this makes him want to puke.

badger
7/13/2010, 09:05 AM
That is ridiculous. Gundy has kept that program in the national spotlight since he has been HC. They are always competitive. They are always talked about for their offensive prowess. Plus Gundy is a man. I'll bet this makes him want to puke.

I know, right? It's like, how can these guys not be a threat when they're winning 9 for two seasons in a row and going to better bowl games and getting ranked?

Then, you see that their wins are against the likes of Sam Houston State, Wazzu and other wtf non-conference foes, with so-so records in-conference.

Whoooooa! Stop touching me, prairie wind! Cowboys 4 ever! :rolleyes:

Vegas Sooner
7/17/2010, 12:40 AM
What are you smokin'?

You are a true genius! What year did you graduate?

Soonersince57
7/19/2010, 09:07 AM
Although the last few years have seen some tight games and a couple of losses in Boonesborough, little brother has seen a total of 6 wins there.

picasso
7/19/2010, 09:13 AM

This is the Pat Jones mantra and I'm sorry but Gundy couldn't hold Leach's jock when it comes to running and coaching an offense.
Let's remember Gundy was fired from a lousy Maryland program whilst Leach completed changed the landscape of the Big 12.

Breadburner
7/19/2010, 09:20 AM
The Pokes owner is not going to put up with Gumby much longer......

badger
7/19/2010, 11:36 AM
Nearly everyone has a joke of a non-conference schedule. If OSU isn't smart enough to put 4 wins on their schedule, shame on them. Their problem is losing games at Troy instead of winning them.

Ja, and another problem is not winning the games it takes to take the Big 12, which is what T. Boone craves most. I doubt he cares about W-L record or bowl wins/appearances as much as he cares about winning the conference... hell, KSU nearly won the Big 12 North last year, but they didn't even post a record good enough for a bowl berth!

What do you get a billionaire who can buy anything? A championship, because you can't buy it. Paul Allen, Mark Cuban, the guy who bought the Washington Redskins... they all tried and failed to buy championships. Boone's no different, as will be the end-result.

kevpks
7/19/2010, 11:43 AM
I am teaching in enemy territory now, and I can get season tickets to this championship caliber squad for a shade under $400. It might be worth it just to witness the train wreck firsthand, but only if they install a T-Boone cam to measure his disapproval.

badger
7/19/2010, 11:50 AM
I am teaching in enemy territory now, and I can get season tickets to this championship caliber squad for a shade under $400. It might be worth it just to witness the train wreck firsthand, but only if they install a T-Boone cam to measure his disapproval.

Do what other Sooner fans do that actually dare set foot in Stilly for the Bedl@m game:

1- Buy season tickets.
2- Dump all tickets except the last game on Poke fans for whatever they're willing to pay.
3- Use OU tickets.

Be sure to visit OP.com after the game to listen to griping from "loyal" Poke fans who said they are surrounded by "disloyal" Poke fans who sold their tickets to "Gooner" fans to make money, not out to support their team in the big game.

I have attended two Stillwater Bedl@m games and have not enjoyed either, one a loss, one a win. They are just too... orange :mad:

goingoneight
7/19/2010, 12:07 PM
Stilwater is kinda like a bunch of kids drinking and partying out on a farm... surrounded by orange, and littered with little brother syndrome. Average college campus with nothing to do really. Sure they have a restaurant or two, sure they have some nice new facilities, but it's not what I call a destination point for anyone but a Gundy (aka an alumni or fan). I've seen worse, I've seen way, way better.

Baj, I think I know exactly what loss you were there for (not that there's many to choose from). There are just some places you'll never go back to iin life. For me, this is one of them. Filthadephia, Lubbock, St. Louass among others I've gone to for sporting events.

Piware
7/20/2010, 10:21 PM
[QUOTE=Crimsontothecore;2905592]TBone can be as Impatient as he wants but the fact is, you can't buy tradition and success. Their so called "renovation" of that pathetic stadium won't win more games any more than buying a nicer car will make a person a better driver.

Who in their right mind runs a football field East/West? If they were going to renovate the Rust Bucket they could have started with changing the field to run North/South. Just my pet lOSUr peeve.

goingoneight
7/20/2010, 10:43 PM
I read on one of their boards that OUr fans are a bunch of low-lives, probably drug dealers with mullets.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w125/goingoneight/untitled-2.jpg

texaspokieokie
7/21/2010, 09:13 AM
Piware;

LA colieseum runs east & west.

badger
7/21/2010, 09:15 AM
Piware;

LA colieseum runs east & west.

Ah yes, the aging craphole that was once used for an ancient Olympic games.

East/west stadiums are OK if you're covering your manhood with a leaf, but for all modern football (not olympics, but FOOTBALL) awesomeness, go north/south

;)

texaspokieokie
7/21/2010, 09:18 AM
why